South Jersey Moving

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2012

PO Box 151

Blackwood, NJ 08012

We provide both local and long distance moving. We also have a strong presence in commercial, office moving. We also provide a wide range of services to medical facilities! Additional DBA - South Jersey Moving Inc....

03/11/2020

Lorraine K.

They worked very quickly and got the job done.

Description of Work
Moved a dining room set from 2nd floor to garage.

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for the great review! God bless

07/11/2018

Andrea P.

Definitely would not recommend this company. Communicated with Rob from this company. Initially, sounded promising that he would come to our house to provide a moving estimate. He confirmed he would come June 20th and never showed up and never called. Very unreliable. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
We needed to hire movers

06/10/2018

Diana V.

Very well. Wrapped everything to protect during the move and then unwrapped and set up. Polite, professional and punctual.

Description of Work
Dining room set moved from one house to another house.

01/03/2018

William L.

Arrived on time, finished early (less money) and they worked hard for 5 hours total! They even made a special stop at a storage unit to drop a few large items off there. They were well worth the money!

Description of Work
Moved house goods to storage & apt.

08/23/2017

Michael D.

Truck was right on time and the men were efficient to get the truck loaded and unloaded within a few hours for a three bedroom home. Very pleased with the entire process.

Description of Work
Moving of house from storage unit to new home.

07/10/2017

Christa D.

Everything went well in the setup of the move but once the movers arrived, the situation deteriorated. It soon became clear that my move really required about 5 guys instead of 3 and the fact that my condo was located on the 3rd and 4th floors just added to the stress. I had contracted for 3.5 hours and even agreed to extend the time for another hour for additional cost to try to get all my items moved. Unfortunately, a lot of my items could not be moved in the paid agreed time and I have had to spend considerable time moving the rest of the items. My advice to anyone hiring this moving company is to make sure you thoroughly explain what you need to have moved and make sure you get enough guys to do the job. I realize that while I filled out the form on the website and explained over the phone what needed to be moved, somehow, there was still a misunderstanding. Two of the three guys were pleasant and had a good attitude but overall, I found the situation extremely stressful as there was some negativity. It was terribly hot on the day of the move so I understand how difficult it was yet having to continue to move after hiring someone to move your items is disappointing. Be proactive and take care to make sure you communicate effectively with this company to avoid additional expenses and stress.

Description of Work
South Jersey Moving did an excellent job of responding to my initial moving request. I emailed the company and heard back right away. I was also able to reach the company by phone very easily to confirm the date of my move. I was moving out of a condo into a home and needed a moving company to assist me in relocating.

04/25/2017

Matthew C.

I think they were a little to overpriced. They provided a detailed quote.

Description of Work
They provided a quote for moving. The quote was for 1400.00

04/12/2017

Heidi M.

They did a great job, they worked hard and finished on time.

Description of Work
Moved a three floor house - lots of steps!

01/24/2017

Mary K.

The experience was terrible. They wanted to charge us more, but we had to tell the boss. The guys kept on complaining left and right and taking smoke breaks. I am not paying them to take smoke breaks. It took us a whole entire day to get packed and moved into the new apartment. I've moved before and it shouldn't have taken the whole day. It should have taken maybe four hours, they took the whole day. They should get new people because their people were complaining. We thought they were high when they first got there. The people were complaining about the boss. The workers were terrible. They were taking smoke breaks after smoke breaks. It was raining, it was a crappy day, but still, they should take their time when they have their time. They came almost two hours late. I would never recommend them to anybody. They didn't take a discount for me being the Angie's List person. All around I'm disgusted. That is why I'm canceling my Angie's List. I got the subscription because we were moving and we needed moving companies when we moved. They did take anything. Overall, I'm disgusted. They were super late.

Description of Work
They moved boxes from our old apartment to our new apartment, from downstairs one-bedroom to an upstairs two-bedroom.

11/06/2016

Keith C.

Home estimate done on a Friday in our home by the owner, we called Monday AM to book and we were confirmed. I then got a TEXT Tuesday at 5PM "sorry we are booked and cant do your move". I had already notified other movers I was going with someone else and am having issue finding replacement. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Whole house move.

09/19/2016

Joanna L.

Very well. They were punctual, professional, efficient and even helped me when my car wouldn't start. Above and beyond!

Description of Work
Moved bed, sectional and dining room table.

08/12/2016

Ofer G.

South Jersey Moving were very professional courteous and punctual. I was very happy with the move, and the price was right. I would definitely use them again and recommend to my friends.

Description of Work
moving to new home

07/06/2016

Carolyn G.

Not very well. The crew showed up an hour late, without any notification - I had to call them and find out what was going on. The estimated time for our move from a one bedroom condo and small storage unit to a 4 BR house was 4-5 hours. In total, the job took 7 1/2 hrs. The boxes labeled "fragile" weren't treated as such, 6 broken dishes/glasses later I found this out. I texted the company who said they didn't insure boxes that weren't packed by their movers (that probably would have been a 12 hr move) but they would reimburse me $50 - 1 1/2 weeks later, I still haven't seen that check. Disappointed all in all.

Description of Work
Moving from Philly to South Jersey

05/16/2016

Naomi P.

It went very well. They arrived on time, called in advance to tell me they were on their way. They were very polite and very professional.

Description of Work
They moved a desk from one floor to another and moved my treadmill to the shed.

04/20/2016

Kevin K.

Couldn't have been better. Movers showed up with appropriately sized truck 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Had plenty of packing materials to wrap up all of the furniture. Moved things carefully. Didn't hit any walls, or bang anything up. Friendly, professional guys. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Furniture Moving

09/02/2015

christine D.

Things went well. They show up on time and did a good job unpacking. They moved me from the old house to storage, storage to the new house. I gave them a B because the estimated price was lower than what I actually paid. The storage lady even complimented to me on their professional behavior while at the storage place.

Description of Work
Local move.

07/17/2015

Mary H.

The move was very easy. Jose answered my call promptly, gave a price, and scheduled the job right away. They arrived on time and wrapped 2 large china cabinets very carefully. They unpacked them in the new location, placed them exactly where I wanted them, and moved 2 other large pieces of furniture. All 4 of the guys were polite and worked very efficiently. Nice to have cheerful help!

Description of Work
Moved several pieces of furniture locally and moved 2 other large pieces in my home.

12/20/2014

Ken S.

The mover made me a bit nervous with some changes the day before the move. My concerns melted away on moving day. They called as I requested letting me know they were on the way. The movers arrived with 4 man crew and a truck. The guys were polite and all business. They loaded the truck in an hour and made the first of two stops. First they stopped and dropped off 3 larger pieces of furniture. It was quick and professional. Second they stopped at a storage facility and again quickly and carefully moved my personal items into storage. All together the entire move took only 2 1/2 hours. I would use them again without reservation.

Description of Work
Moved a 1 bedroom apt. 8 miles

07/30/2014

Daniel C.

I must admit I was paranoid going into this. After never using a moving company before and hearing all the horror stories about moving fraud I wanted to get all the assurances I could that everything would be ok. I think I gave them a hard time in the email exchange to arrange the move, but they were very accomadating to my concerns. It was a 2 day move, flat rate of $2700 which covered 2 trucks and between 4 and 8 guys working at any one time, and boy did they work hard. Alex and his crew were fantastic. They were on time or early for every appointment time, very courtious and careful with all our stuff. They left one of the trucks at our house overnight before going to the new address (one thing I asked for to ease my paranoid mind). Unloading into the new house was fantastic. It was a smaller house and our large furniture was very hard to get in, but they gave it their all! There were some pieces that just wouldn't fit, but we were expecting that in some cases, but they tried all they could and that's all we could ask. The $2700 (plus 3.5% for using a credit card) was more than I had hoped to pay for the move, but I underestimated the size of the job and for the service we got I'm quite happy with the price. They were good to their word on the flat rate for the 2 days.

Description of Work
Moved our belongings, furniture etc from West Deptford to Wenonah NJ.

06/10/2014

Jennifer D.

They were fine. No issues whatsoever.

Description of Work
Residential Moving.

05/12/2014

Rasi W.

I should start off by saying I have had a very positive experience with movers on Angies List, and I am surprised that my experience with South Jersey Moving turned out this way. I hope this review provides an opportunity for the owner to respond. I initially called and scheduled a time for someone to come to my house and give an estimate (a 3 BR move approximately 15-20 miles away). On the scheduled time for the estimate visit, a nice man came over, gave us a very fair estimate and I confirmed with him. He gave me a document confirming the move for 05/24 and I was told that that would be it. I asked whether I needed to do anything else and he said no, you've signed the paperwork, and you only pay us when we arrive for service on that day. 3 weeks go by and I haven't heard a thing. We are now literally less than 2 weeks from the move date, and COMPLETELY OUT OF CURIOSITY I give them a call to confirm. I first get a recorded message and I left my information. The next morning I get a call from a gentleman named "Jose" who says he is the owner (not sure though since Angie's list has someone else on it). I tell him that I need to confirm my move date and he has absolutely NO RECORD of it. Naturally I get very annoyed -- and I started explaining to him what happened. Neither one of us were unprofessional or impolite during this conversation. I tell him that we are off to a bad start if they don't even have a record of the document that I signed committing them to the move. At this point he retorts "This stuff happens. We are a very busy company and we do a lot of moves. The guy who did your estimate probably never handed in his paperwork". I tell him that this is not acceptable. I am a physician, and I cannot deliver substandard care to my patients just because I am "busy". At this time, he tells me that "I need to have faith in the company" and that they have provided 25 years of service, and listed on Angies List, BBB and that I can go to their website and look at their pictures, and that I must not forget that I had been given a good price (this is after I reiterated the estimate given to me). He said that he thinks that day is still open and he can fit me in. He started getting very aggravated by me, and as soon his phone rang in the background simply said "I have to take this other call" and hung up. I was left in shock. Through this conversation I was never unprofessional to him but he was clearly annoyed by me. He then called me up 5 minutes later and in a very calm and nice tone said that he feels we got off to a bad start. I started to agree with him and said "You need to understand that I cannot have faith in your company when I have had no experience with you, and the fact that you completely forgot my order and I would have potentially left hanging on the day of my move unless I called, gives me pause for concern". He then immediately said, "We have plenty of business and we don't want the business of people who don't believe in our company so we will not be moving you"... I was aghast. Not only were they at fault here (losing my order confirmation that I signed in duplicate), but instead of an apology, they proceed to leave me hanging two weeks prior to the move. Thankfully, I made some other phone calls to several other movers on Angies List and quickly rescheduled and confirmed my move. I am very surprised about this experience since there are good reviews on Angies List about this company. However, it appears they have been dropping the ball on customers (read the review on 2/9/2014 when they never showed up). I hope this is not because they are being stretched too thin with a lot of publicity and work that they are now compromising their standards. The man who came to give the estimate (Danny) spoke very highly of his boss (Rob), so I don't know who this Jose is who claimed to be the owner of the company. But I would welcome an explanation from this company as to why I was treated this way (when there was no verbal altercation) when it was clearly their fault. Instead of trying to work with me and showing me that they can deliver on their promise, I was shocked that I abandoned me because "they needed customers who have faith".

Description of Work
Moving for a 3 bedroom home from Mt Royal NJ to Cherry Hill NJ. Actual service was not provided by this vendor.

04/24/2014

Frank L.

Great, on time courteous, professional and clean.

Description of Work
Move in office furniture from storage. I used the sane mover to move furniture from old location to storage.

03/24/2014

alice W.

Move went very well. Had a team of 4 gentlemen. After the initial walk around to see what was to be packed and moved they got right to work. Very experienced movers. I moved to a 4 story Philadelphia row home and they handled moving big bedroom amoires and tables. One small ding in the wall trying to get a china buffet around a corner,. movers offered to fix it, it really was too small to worry about. They disassembled and reassembled furniture easily. I wish I could remember the gentlemen's name, they were excellent. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
moving services

03/03/2014

Leslie F.

The owner/manager Rob was very courteous and sent someone out to view mu home and give me a quote. On moving day the four man crew arrived on time. The weather was cold and ice and snow was still on the ground. The crew members are courteous,introduced themselves, surveyed the rooms and immediately started to work. I must say that they ,"hustled" to get the truck packed and assisted me by boxing up items that needed to be. I did have a lot of items. It took two trips. I also had overtime charges, which were explained tom me previously. The next day I needed to go back to the original house to clean up and get some remaining items out in in a rush. But we could tell that it would be two much for us to do. This was an un scheduled last minute call. I called and spoke with Ron (the owner) who sent a two man crew at my house within two hours. They arrive in a pickup truck. They hustled! We were loaded up and back to my new house quickly!!! Would I recommend these movers??? DEFINITELY YES!!!

Description of Work
Moved house from West Deptford to Sicklerville

02/09/2014

Anna F.

We had scheduled an onsite estimate and received a confirmation date and time. We waited past the scheduled appointment and no one came. No call. I called their listed number and only got a recording. After a couple of hours someone called back and said that he was assigned to do our estimate but his boss had him do something else. We asked if his boss was aware of his appointment with us, and he said that his boss knew the schedule. He also said he lost our phone number so there was no way to call us earlier to inform us of what was happening. I have no idea if their moving services are any good, but if this is any indicator of how punctual and professional their company is, then they are not doing a very good job.

Description of Work
We only did an estimate with them, and based on this, we will probably not proceed to hire them for our move

Category moving companies

Unfortunately we had the wrong phone number logged on our calendar. By the time our salesman was able to retreave the correct number and attempt to resolve the issue. The damage was already done. Unfortunately human error and mistakes happen. We regret any inconvenience and will work harder as to be more efficient. Sincerely, Rob