Marioni custom painting

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2015

I am a small business owner operator with 5 employees. We are on-time, neat, courteous, and respectful of people's properties. Our GOAL: Once a job starts, we stay till it is finished! Owner with 20 years and crew with an average of 10-30 years of experience. You can count on us to get the job done right....

interior painting (219)drywall (22)wallpaper removal (12)house painting (12)decks & porches (6)

09/16/2022

mark W.

I read the reviews and met with Mr. Marioni twice before we hired him. Based upon the majority of the remarks I would have never thought we would be writing a negative review. Everyone who worked on the job was respectful and courteous. After the first day it seemed as if things were progressing as they should. When they left for the day I realized all of the spackle dust was never cleaned up. Things happen and we cleaned up as needed. The second day was much like the first, but when they left for the day, I was asked to please review the completed work thoroughly with a lamp and mark any area' s not acceptable with painters tape. That evening I think we had between 80-90 area's that needed to be re-worked. It was a combination of poor spackling/sanding and even poorer painting. I realized they were painting the walls before the spackle had completely dried. Basically it became a daily occurrence. We clean up the dust, inspect the work and mark it up accordingly. Finally the day came when in their opinion the work was complete. Again we cleaned up and when dry inspected the work. Nothing had changed and I had decided after our inspection (About 100 area's) that I would complete the work and use the remainder of the money to do so. During this work Al was on vacation. When he returned we spoke and he came over and looked at the worked and really didn't seem all that surprised. He some what apologized but seemed upset that I had spackled some of the area's that were not acceptable. Al's excuse for the poor workmanship was that my wife picked out a paint flat finish because it showed the defects. I offered to pay for a flat paint since there were so many defects and they were very happy we did. We couldn't wait for them to get done and leave, and yes they did charge me for the paint and some of the labor. In my opinion a true professional who cares about his customers, his name and reputation would never leave a job in this manner. Did they apologize and offer to return and correct their work, NO!!. Would we have let them, NO!!. We paid them in full even though they did not deserve it. Even when I sent Al an email letting him know he should not take the money, at least not all of it, not a peep. We could sue them, the cost would likely exceed the project cost. My hope is that numerous potential customers read this review and use another painting contractor. (If you have this issue with any contractor, contact the Consumer Protection Agency, and they will summon the contractor on your behalf.) As a note, we waited 2 weeks to write this review as I wanted time to pass to ensure we wrote an accurate accounting of what occurred. Mark Whiteman

Description of Work
Tape, Spackle where required and paint the ceilings and walls on the first floor (less bathrooms) and 2nd floor stairs and hallway.

Work Completed On 09/04/2022

This is very unfortunate As you can read the rest of my reviews my guys work hard they respect people’s property but unfortunately some people are unreasonable he never wants told me that the place was left dirty on one hand he says it was not sanded enough but yet they’re sanding dust everywhere my guys always clean up every day when we first started the job and we told him he should’ve picked something with a lower sheen he brushed it off we advised plenty of other customers to do the same and I always took care of them with changing the paint even After I already purchased the paint and I can have customers state that for me forward but as we got onto working on the job he realized that he should’ve used lower sheen we are not machines we can’t get everything out of the walls of course we try our hardest when you use a higher sheen it shows more imperfections on my second visit the homeowner even said to me boy I should’ve listen to your guys with the sheen sometimes not everything is the contractors fault not saying that everything is a homeowners fault either I work very hard to make every customer happy as much as I can and I think that is proven in my work every day my guys work and to have one customer come on and slam me like this it’s truly not fair I’ve been over backwards in the past two make customers happy And would’ve done the same for this customer and I am not trying to slam the customer as being wrong I just think it could’ve went a different way and for that I truly am sorry Albert Marioni from Marioni Custom Painting

04/26/2022

Joseph T.

Timely professional courteous. Was Night and day after done. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
strip wallpaper and paint

Category wallpaper removal

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

03/10/2021

Dave R.

All I can say is the incredible job the team did in getting rid of a houseful of hideous 1980's wallpaper from a home we bought. In a weeks time, the home was transformed from gloomy and dated, to bright and refreshing. Amazing job... and would definitely hire again. Albert is very reliable and responsive to any request or change. A+

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and interior painting

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] it was our pleasure and wish you nothing but the very best for you and your family in your new home thank you for the opportunity to work with you Albert marioni and Marioni custom painting crew

01/04/2021

Wei X.

Strongly recommend Marioni Custom Painting! I needed my rental property painted throughout within a very narrow window before my new tenants moved in. Albert was very responsive, accommodating to my schedule, and his quote was very reasonable too. The job was very well done and completed in a timely manner. Will hire him again next time!

Description of Work
New paint throughout the house including trim and baseboard

Category decks, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

10/21/2020

margaret L.

Everything went very well. Mr. Marioni and his helper arrived at 8:30 a.m. and went right to work. The work area was kept clean and the painting was completed in a timely manner. I was quite satisfied with the work and would use Mr. Marioni again.

Description of Work
Painting walls of a one bedroom condo

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

10/09/2020

di D.

Excellently smooth! Nice people, perfect teamwork, excellent quality work. Very professional. Attention to the very small details! We’re extremely happy with the job done.! Absolutely recommend this company!

Description of Work
Fixed damages and repainted the whole house including stairs and spindles.

Category decks, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Marioni custom painting - 116 s bell Rd, Bellmawr, NJ - 38936410

10/06/2020

Leo G.

said he would meet me on sat at 10 am never called never showed missed a day of overtime work for him he coat me 300.00 dollars in overtime pay.

Description of Work
wallpaper removal

Category decks, wallpaper removal

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

06/08/2020

Barton S.

They never returned any of my phone calls

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

05/23/2020

john B.

Guys showed up early, preped, and painted all the areas requested. Cleaned up everything before they left. Very professional, clean and respectful. Thanks Guys!

Description of Work
Interior painting, foyer, bedroom, hall, master ceilings and crown molding.

Category decks, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

05/19/2020

joseph H.

Albert was likeable from the beginning. Pleasant, sociable. He was very willing to travel over an hour from his Bellmawr area business. The work done was perfectly. Tape & spackle was literally seamless and the paint on the cathedral ceiling was immaculate. They cleaned up after themselves, leaving the floor cleaner than when they arrived, literally. Will definitely use Marioni Custom Painting again.

Description of Work
drywall tape/spackle, popcorn ceiling removal and interior painting cathedral ceiling,

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

03/06/2020

Carol P.

I am very pleased we found Marioni painting. The price was competitive, they were very flexible with scheduling, and showed up on time. They painted a small bedroom, closet doors, trim and ceilings in ½ day. They had clean lines & were tidy workers not a single paint drip on my floors.

Description of Work
A small bedroom needed painting.

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

12/01/2019

David H.

Al and his team are fantastic! The dry wall repair looks as if they put brand new sheets in place, Popcorn removal was outstanding and what truly sets Al apart from the others is his desire to ensure his client is happy. I have already set up a date for Al to do some more work for me in January and my son will use Al for sheet rock in his Man Cave this spring. You cant go wrong with these guys and need look no further. Pice was not the cheapest but was still very, very fair. You get what you pay for and Al was worth every penny.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and popcorn ceiling removal and two ceiling patch repairs.

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

11/02/2019

Amanda C.

The crew was extremely professional, punctual and friendly. They did a great job for an incredible price! They did not rush through the job but instead took their time and made sure it was right. All and all great experience with an extremely friendly crew!

Description of Work
We needed our entire first floor, kitchen and living room, hallways, stairwells and master bedroom and bathroom painted and trimmed

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

10/10/2019

Lev L.

Interior painting of my house was done. The crew was very neat which was important since we just had our floors done. The workers were very nice too. The work looks great. I definitely recommend using Marioni if you are looking for a painter.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 08/11/2019

09/27/2019

David B.

Workers were extremely friendly and did an amazing job. Can’t say enough good things about Vince and Frank from Marioni Custom Painting. We had a special job which consisted of glitter being put on the ceiling after the popcorn was put in and they were able to accommodate.

Description of Work
We needed a popcorn ceiling fixed that was cut out from an old water leak.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

08/07/2019

Mike S.

Al is a very nice guy, punctual and responsive with a very competitive price. Unfortunately, his mother was sick and he was out of town and couldn't supervise his crew on site the way he normally would. Painting was good, but they are really just painters. Carpentry work was not workmanlike. Very sloppy and the door wouldn't shut completely. Had to redo the new interior door the same day and the replacement was not good - the wood was uneven when it was cut. The guy doing that part was very nice, but didn't know what he was doing. On the initial door he forgot the tool to do the hinge cut out, but instead of going back and getting the tool, he tried to do it manually which led to the sloppy job on the second door. I'm not sure why he didn't just get the tool for the second door. Al was incredibly responsive and sent the same guy back the next day with a new (3rd) door and the proper tool, and still didn't get it right. He even had his guy paint an extra door and do some minor touch up for free. He had to come back a 3rd day to finish the job for a couple hours, but only repainted and touched up. I half heartedly complained to Al and didn't hear back, but I didn't want him to buy a 4th door and have a guy come for a 4th day so I didn't call him again, and I was able to jury rig an adjustment so the door stays shut. Bottom line - I would use him again for painting and very minor prep work, but not carpentry type work.

Description of Work
Painting, drywall repair, new interior door

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

07/13/2019

James M.

Showed up on time, completed the work as agreed upon. The only issue was my fault, I didn't match the paint for the wall touch-up very well, so the areas touched up don't match. I should have let them match it.

Description of Work
Needed a hole in a stairwell ceiling patched, the stairwell and upstairs hallway popcorn ceiling removed, and all painted. Also touch up the wall paint in areas I missed.

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

04/10/2019

Stephanie S.

Great response time. Never went through with job but I appreciated their quick response

Description of Work
Drywall estimates

Category drywall

01/12/2019

mohammed S.

Marioni Custom Painting did a wonderful job with my painting project.

Description of Work
Paint the foyer area, stairwell and basement walls

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

01/12/2019

Eleanor L.

Great. The painting looks terrific and the whole project went very smoothly. The guys were very professional, neat and cleaned up everything. I will definitely hire Marioni again.

Description of Work
Painting upstairs bathroom and 2 bedrooms, hall and down the stairs

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

11/07/2018

Samuel R.

I have used Al on three separate properties now. they do excellent work. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

10/22/2018

Adrienne V.

Al Marioni was always very responsive to phone calls and questions. Painters were there when they said they would come. Some areas were missed by painters but Al personally took care of it all and did a great job. We were very happy with the job. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Indoor painting, wallpaper removal

Work Completed On 10/18/2018