American Roofing and Siding LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2005

1-3 St Mary's Place

Belleville, NJ 07109

We are a family run business. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. American Roofing is competivately priced and the workmanship is excellent. Additional address - 39 Clement St, Nutley 07110. Award winning....

04/19/2020

Cherlie M.

Excellent works was done on my house and the garage by the American Roofing Company Nutley, NJ Mike and his staffs were very honest, friendly and professional. Mike’s very true to his words, he did not try to make a sale nor he did not offers unnecessary items. Everything that he presented was good qualities. Mike is a honest man, who cares about people. I felt safe with the American Roofing and I will definitely recommended over and over again. Thanks Mike Cherlie

Description of Work
Complete roof and garage

Category awnings,roofing

03/08/2018

Jim K.

Probably the best contracting vendor I have ever used. Respectful, prompt, thorough, competitive pricing, quality work. Outstanding contractor!

Description of Work
Roof, siding, gutters, window trim

Category decks,gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows

Thank you very much Mr. [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

03/07/2018

Giuseppe C.

Everything went perfect. Exactly what Mike had told me. He went above and beyond what was expected, and finished very fast.

Description of Work
Installing a new roof on my house

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!!

03/07/2018

Carol H.

American Roofing did an excellent job. We had a new roof and siding put on two properties we own. From start to finish the job was well done. My brother, who is a home inspector, commented that in all his years of inspecting, he's never seen such quality work as was done by American.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows

Thank you very much Mrs. [Member Name Removed]!

07/18/2017

Nicholas T.

Requested to repair roof, was advised that the roof was not in need of repair that we had a different issue. I appreciated the advise and he did not charge anything for coming out and looking. I would definitely use his services when needed.

Description of Work

thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!

05/10/2017

Angela K.

I spoke to them on the phone and they were supposed to come by the next day for an estimate. They never showed up or called.

Description of Work
Soffit replacement.

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows

04/22/2017

Cheryl E.

The folks at American Roofing and Siding are lifesavers! We have a 100+ year old house that had a leaky, rotting roof. We called Mike DeRosa and were given a very reasonable estimate. After some weather delays --- during which Mike communicated with us regularly – the crew came in and did an outstanding job. The roof looks fabulous, Peter, the manager, and the guys were great and they cleaned up all of the debris. They are the best.

Description of Work
We needed our roof replaced.

10/23/2016

Betty K.

The job went very well. The roof was repaired and was done to my satisfaction. The staff was professional and courteous and very nice people to work with.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category awnings

05/11/2016

Carleen E.

I left two messages for the company to get an estimate for a new roof. They never returned my phone call.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come give an estimate for a roof.

03/21/2016

Camille G.

The crew came on time and kept me informed throughout the repair process. Their workmanship is one of the best I have seen. The roof repair was done using no nails which is part of the leak problem. I am confident that that area of the roof will remain dry for sometime to come. The gutters were repaired and replaced all along the same side of house that had the leak.

Description of Work
Repaired a portion of the roof that had a leak and put siding down the one side of house.

03/05/2016

Steven B.

Good pricing, put ice shield (under layer) well above local code requirements. Came back after job was done for minor correction I requested. Initial job took a day longer than they estimated otherwise a perfect score!

Description of Work
New Roof on complex Mother Daughter Home (3 Separate Roofs

Thanks so much for your business!

02/29/2016

DAVID L.

One word. Amazing. We have used ARS before and Mike and his team were great then and they were great now. In the past we used them to replace all of our gutters with covered units, with which we were very satisfied. Here we were renovating the entire exterior of our home and after several months of other contractors coming in, Mike stopped by and in an hour had our business. He was the most responsive professional we had talked to and provided the best price for the work. ALSO, since we were very concerned about the small details, like wrapping 100% of all exposed wood in aluminum, and removing the gutters on the house before capping the old trim work so there wouldn't be rotted fascia board behind the gutters, having someone who "got that" was important to us. As a matter of fact, Mike was the only contractor who offered to remove all the gutters completely (included in his price) so that the work could be done properly. All the other contractors were willing to pull back the gutters and "see how much they could cover" of the trim, but none were willing to go the extra mile to do the job right - or they told us to have a gutter guy come and remove them and reinstall them when the job was completed, at our expense. As for the work, lets begin with the roof - Complete removal and replacement. Our roof was rotted in a dozen places and the repairs included replacing some rafters as well once the roof was opened. This was way beyond what Mike had quoted us but - AMAZING - he charges us for the materials only, even though it took another 1/2 day to complete due to the rot. Also, I was doing some electrical work, running wires to new outside lighting locations and the roofers were patient and worked around me as I took advantage of the open roof to make my work easier. This was a consistent theme throughout the job. Next, construction. We originally agreed to have ARS replace our kitchen window in the front of the house, replace two rear exterior doors with new insulated ones, and cut in a new door to the back of our garage. All of that wass done beautifully. They have a great carpenter who can basically handle all the detail work that you'd be worried would fall through the cracks with a roofing and siding team. Once the job started we also decided to replace a massive back window unit overlooking our yard. It's a 5' x 7' picture window with two side units. Its was not problem for them, and again, the costs was extremely reasonable for an add on to the job. Now for the main work, the siding. We chose to use the Certainteed Vinyl perfection shingles in 7" We like the look of them and really wanted a one and done solution for the house. Our old cedar shakes were rotted through in many places and there was no saving them. Once again, after the tear down, a nightmare of construction work to deal with the rot. In a few places the rot was so bad you could see into the house once the shingles were removed, and the water damage was so bad around the garage they had to to rebuild and re-frame both doorways. Again, not a problem for them, and the cost was labor and materials only. Mike's team was also working our another team we hired to do some stone work in the front of the house and a replacement front patio. They all got along and coordinated well so the job went smoothly for us. IN addition to the traditional roofing and siding work, we also had some additional detail work done with Azek trim. This included a building out a complete section of wall around our rear patio in Azek board and matching trim design. All in all - DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this team. We're very happy with everything they did, how much they charged, and how responsive they are to every request we made and continue to make.

Description of Work
ARS did a complete roofing and siding job on our home including minor construction, doors, and windows. The work included wrapping of entire home in Tyvek and 1/2" foam pad, new Certainteed Perfection 7" shingle throughout, a GAF 15 year roof, aluminum capping of 100% of the trim work (no exposed wood when done), removal and replacement of gutter system, replacement of 2 old exterior doors, new install of an exterior door, new install of main kitchen window unit, and several replacement windows, including a 5' x 7' 2nd floor picture window overlooking the yard. Much of the work included repairing rotters wood and framing under the surface prior to finishing.

Category gutter repair,masonry,roofing,siding,replacement windows,outdoor lighting

it was a great pleasure to work for you and your family [Member Name Removed]! Best of luck with your beautiful home!!! Thank you for your business. Mike

12/03/2015

Richard W.

I called 3 different times in an attempt to schedule an estimate. They did nothing. Not a single attempt to call me back. On my last call with them, I was told that they get 20-30 phone calls per day. Sorry, if you are too busy tall call back 20 people who are interesting in hiring you for a service, I can't imagine what the process is like once you have contracted with someone and how much runaround people must get.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing since they would never return a phone call.

11/07/2015

Kathleen R.

They were fast, neat, responsive. The job was excellent.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters on house and garage

11/04/2015

Richard M.

ed after Mike and his crew did an excellent job on our roof. He first me with me and discussed the best options for my roof (is is fairly flat) and then scheduled the job. The extent of the work was modified to include a new install of plywood because the old roof was splintered and falling apart. Mike's team was excellent. Either Pete or Paul were onsite all the time in their supervisory roles. All my questions were answered immediately. The crew on the roof were excellent and very hard working. The entire job lasted a day and one half. After the install, there was a slight issue with the attic fan and Mike responded within a couple of days to fix the issue. American Roofing is excellent and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
American Roofing installed a complete new roof.

Thanks so much for your business!!! We appr crate it.

10/21/2015

Linda W.

We called for a roof replacement estimate but we're told by email response that American Roofing and Siding does not service our area. We are located in Bergen County. The Angie's list service areas should be corrected to remove Bergen. We would never have called in the first place if we were not in the service area.

Description of Work
We called for a roof replacement estimate but we're told American Roofing and Siding does not service our area. We are located in Bergen County. The Angie's list service areas should be corrected to remove Bergen. We would never have called in the first place if we were not in the service area.

10/06/2015

David S.

Mike is prompt, responsive to questions and concerns, and treats customers with respect and attention. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof of entire house and garage

09/23/2015

JOSEPH D.

Excellent work. Could not have asked for a better job. Mike offers a deal that can't be beat and he truly delivers on what he promises. My roof and gutters look amazing! The crew showed up at 8 and was done by 3 (including cleanup). I'm recommending American Roofing and Siding to my family, friends. and neighbors! You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Removed existing roof and installed new roof and gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing

thanks so much! We really appreciate your business!

06/08/2015

Minyuan H.

I had to call twice to get the quote and I did not meet Mike. He called to say he would take a look at my house and then provide a quote. I received the quote via email. Overall the process was good but I decided to go with another roofing company that met me and came to my house. Also, the other company is closer to my house and gave me a better price.

Description of Work
He provided a quote for redoing my entire roof on my house.

05/18/2015

Donna B.

From start to finish American Roofing was a pleasure to work with. Mike arrived when promised, and answered all of the questions I had. The crew was professional, worked quickly, and left the area cleaner than when they arrived.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and gutters. Installed two skylights and a sun tunnel.

Category roofing,skylights

Thanks so much for your business!!

05/01/2015

Linda L.

Excellent! Mike and his "crew" were complete professionals from beginning to end. It was a big, expensive job, but Mike was hands on through the entire process.

Description of Work
Removed 3 layers of roofing and installed new roof.

Thanks so much! We appreciate your business!

03/24/2015

Mark B.

Michael was prompt, communicative, and professional. He and his crew did a wonderful job from start to finish. They were prompt. They carefully prepped the area to protect the shrubs, deck, and surrounding area around the house, and began working immediately. The roof was meticulously completed by the time I returned home from work, and it looks beautiful. I recommend American Roofing without reservation.

Description of Work
Replaced my twenty-something year old roof. The new roof is Biscayne blue, so it costs a little more than the standard black shingle.

It was a pleasure to work for you! Thank you for your business!

12/30/2014

Teresa Sharlene B.

I spoke to Rachel the receptionist on 12/19 for an estimate on roof repair. She took my details down and Mike Derosa emailed me on 12/20 stating that they will not be doing any more work until after New Year's. He asked me if the work I needed done was immediate or if it can wait. I emailed him on 12/21 stating that even though he can't do any work until after New Year's, I would still like to have an estimate done. I didn't get a response back so I called on 12/23 and spoke to the receptionist explaining to her that Mike emailed me back and that I responded to his email and that I'm still waiting for a response. She then told me that she would text him to get back to me. It's 12/30 and still no response. Even if the office was closed due to the holidays, I feel like I should have at least gotten an email responding to my request for an estimate.

Description of Work
Did not use

{removed member name}, I'm sorry that your call got lost in the shuffle. We do the best we can to get back to everyone in a timely manner. Thanks, Mike

09/06/2014

Christopher M.

Mike was very responsive to all requests. Unfortunately after the roof was removed it was discovered that the wood underneath was of the wrong thickness and the entire roof had to be removed to the rafters and replaced with 5/8" plywood. Everything was completed in the same day and to perfection. Gutters were done the next day clean and professional. Overall extremely happy with the professionalism and quality of the work performed. Definitely would recommend to anyone in search of a high quality roofer who stands by his work.

Description of Work
Roof & gutter replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing

[member name removed], Thanks so much for your business! Best of luck on owning your first home!!

09/03/2014

William P.

Roofing and siding crews were thorough and efficient.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement (Removed existing deck, shingles etc. ) Installed new 4' by 8' plywood sheets, ice shield, deck armor shingles, wall flashings, gutters,leaders. etc. Replaced flat roof on attached garage. Complete siding job. (Removed existing aluminum siding, shakes, etc) Replaced rotted wood as necessary. Wrapped and insulated. Installed new vinyl siding and PVC trim coil to all fascias and windows.

Category decks,gutter repair,roofing,siding

Thanks so much [member name removed] for allowing me to re-do the exterior of your home. I hope you enjoy looking at it everytime you pull up. Thanks, Mike

Micciche & Son

Owner operated family owned masonry & paving company, for over 30 years ,focused on servicing Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Hudson counties. Honored to have 2014 & 2016 Super Service Award

A Debenedetto Construction LLC

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

Offers by A Debenedetto Construction LLC on Angi
    Roy Targia Masonry

Roy got his start over 25 years ago as a member of the local Masons Union. He quickly rose through the ranks demonstrating his abilities as a craftsman as a masonry contractor. Although working in the Union was both rewarding and a decent living, Roy wanted to work on more creative projects. Such projects were not presented to him through his local union shop. Eventually his creative spirit won over his practical side, and he left the Union behind to strike out on his own as a small business owner. Roy and his clients quickly realized his ability as an old world mason with an eye for detail. Targia strives to attain old-world craftsmanship through the application of new-world methods, implementing both technology and technique to meet the client’s needs. In this, the foundation of our philosophy is born “The most important foundation we build is the relationships with our clients”. His ability to manage projects and to over deliver time and time again, is how Roy Targia Masonry and Custom Outdoor Living has been able to build a thriving masonry business in New Jersey. Masonry contractor New Jersey contact masonrybyroy.com. There is no job too big or too small for Targia’s team. Additional DBA - RoyTargiaMasonry.com.

Financing Available, Check, American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard

Residential and commercial roofing, flat roofs, all exterior siding, tear offs, seamless gutters leaders & windows.

None