A Debenedetto Construction LLC

Founded 1952 • With Angi since May 2011

13 Florence Ave.

Belleville, NJ 07109

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!...

masonry (235)concrete repair (78)hardscaping (58)basement waterproofing (37)Patios (34)foundation repair (23)driveway pavers (21)stucco (16)drain pipe installation (14)concrete driveways (12)chimney repair (11)well & water pump repair (10)

06/15/2021

Everything moved along. No big unexpected surprises. On time. Great quality. Highly recommend their services. Plan to hire Antonio and his crew again in the future.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of backyard, installation of new pergola, lighting, retaining walls, shed, etc

Category decks,landscaping,masonry,plumbing,roofing,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

Dear Client, Thank you so much for your review and for trusting us with your project. It will be a pleasure to assist you in the future. Should need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

05/17/2021

This is my second project with Debenedetto Construction and they are great. They installed grass sod at my 2-family investment property in Jersey City Heights in one day. The workers were friendly and professional. The first project was much bigger and it was in Rutherford where they installed pavers in my backyard, new stone stairs, and new driveway. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Grass Sod Installation

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

Dear Client, Thank you so much for your review. It will be a pleasure to assist you in the future. Should need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

03/12/2021

I called this company for a quotation. No one answered my call. No one called me back neither. I wonder whether they are in business or not. I certainly won't hire a company that doesn't return a potential customer's call

Description of Work
masonry work on my property that includes retainer walls, driveway walls, paver-stone floor at backyard, replacement of front stairs.

Category ceramic tile,masonry,hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], sorry for the inconvenience, but in our follow up controls, I left a voice mail on 11/7/2020 trying to reach you to set an appointment to take a look in your project.

01/19/2021

Everything went smooth. I've used them in the past and was very happy with the work. When a leak formed in my chimney, I first had the flashing sealed. When that didn't work I figured it might be the masonry. I called Antonio and he can about about a day or two later to take a look. Noticed crumbling mortar and some cracked bricks. He recommended repointing the chimney. They also resealed the flas...

Description of Work
Fix a leak in the chimney

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

11/24/2020

Excellent work done, in stated time frame. Very professional and pleasant to deal with. Highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Repair and reconstruction of main steps in front of house

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

11/22/2020

Antonio and his crew were professional and did very good job. He was always available by phone and email, to address my concerns. If I need additional work done, I will certainly call him again.

Description of Work
Stone installation on the foundation wall.

Category pavers, gravel,foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/22/2020

11/20/2020

I was completely satisfied with all aspects of the work. There have been a couple of downpours of rain since the work was completed and the leakage problem is solved. The patio looks great. I have used Debenedetto Construction for several job (e.g. a new deck, chimney repair) in recent years and their work has always been excellent. They provide a written estimate. Once the contract is signed, the...

Description of Work
I have a concrete platform front porch that abuts a wall of the garage. The junction between the porch and the garage wall had developed a leak over the years and this had led to structural damage to the garage wall. Debenedetto Construction rebuilt the garage wall and established a waterproof junction between the porch and the garage wall. They also installed a patio paved with patio bricks in the back yard during this same period of time.

Category concrete repair,decks,masonry,stucco,patios

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

Dear Client, Thank you so much for your statement. We take pride in every job and always expect the most of ourselves. It will be a pleasure to assist you in the future. Should need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

11/07/2020

For several years we have had a leak in our attic near our chimneys. After every wind driven storm water would collect in our strategically placed buckets. The leaks persisted despite a new roof and multiple attempts at waterproofing the chimneys. Antonio solved our problem. He demolished, rebuilt and waterproofed our chimneys from the roof line up. We were very impressed with his professionalism,...

Description of Work
Chimney repair involving demo and rebuilding of two chimneys from the roof line up

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

10/01/2020

When I needed asphalt work done, it was hard to even get other contractors to return calls, let alone come out and give an estimate. The job may have been too small for some contractors but it was a big deal to me. Antonio returned my call and came by the next day and gave me a price, Once I gave him the go-ahead he had the job done in less than a week. Nice clean work, professional workers. Can o...

Description of Work
Major Driveway repair

Category driveway pavers

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/22/2020

When Mr. DeBenedetto and his crew arrived, I showed him the corner of the garage that I had forgotten to show him on his first visit, where there was some sort of a drainage issue that had evolved over time. He was able to give me an adjusted price on the spot to replace the apron of the garage, re-angled to an existing drain. When the crew broke through the old apron of the garage, they found tha...

Description of Work
Mr. Debenedetto sized up the ailing outdoor drain installations on 2 sloping sides of our 60+ year-old house. We needed new concrete aboveground, new drains below.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,masonry,drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Masonry, retaining walls, concrete work, paving, stucco, and waterproofing

Estimate is NOT free when client is buying/selling the property or for insurance purpose. There is a 200-dollar fee, paid upfront, which will be deducted from total cost of project if our services are hired.