A Debenedetto Construction LLC

Founded 1952 • With Angi since May 2011

A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC handles all types of masonry work in the Essex County, NJ area. Locally owned and operated, we have over 40 years of dedicated experience in the industry. A. DeBenedetto Construction, LLC will solve all your waterproofing and drainage problems!

2022 Super Service Award

masonry (250)concrete repair (89)hardscaping (66)basement waterproofing (43)Patios (39)foundation repair (29)driveway pavers (24)drain pipe installation (21)stucco (17)concrete driveways (15)stone & gravel (14)well & water pump repair (13)

01/17/2023

Bonnie P.

The team has done an outstanding job. Very efficient, clean and precise. We are very happy with out patio.

Description of Work
Created a large patio.

Category decks

Thank You [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure!! Should you need any other services in the future, do not hesitate to give us a call.

10/14/2022

Michael B.

It went very well. The crew was friendly and on time. The place looks great now.

Description of Work
New stairs, new doors, concrete slabs, waterproofing and painting.

Category concrete repair, masonry, doors, foundation repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/14/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure.

09/15/2022

CAROL A.

Antonio and his crew are professional seasoned contractors. They did the project quickly and left no mess behind. I would refer them to anyone because professionalism and respect go a long way in this world. They have reasonable pricing and use the best quality materials. I don't want to leave out the office staff. They were kind and professional. Messages were delivered on a timely basis.

Description of Work
They came out and replaced all our sidewalks out front and the walkways.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was our pleasure!!

08/07/2022

Annie W.

I highly recommend A Debenedetto Construction company! I had a heavily rotting and sinking wooden retaining wall surrounding my patio. A few more heavy rainstorms, I think the wall would've floated away. Everything in my patio was poorly built and it needed major renovation on it. Animals like chipmunks, snakes, and groundhogs were coming in and out of my patio steps because it was never properly sealed. The stairs were all slanted and there were holes everywhere. A Debenedetto and his crew always came on time for the job. They left everything neat and tidy after every job each day. Debenedetto amazingly transformed my ugly, non-functioning patio into a beautiful and grand patio. I had some basic ideas on some changes I wanted and I asked him how we could transform different areas. He was reasonably priced, super creative and made amazing suggestions and I was thrilled! His crew works fast and very detailed in every corner of my patio. When the work was done, I was blown away! He far exceeded my expectations! I am truly proud to show off my beautiful patio to my family, friends and neighbors! Attached are some Before and After Pics. I love my patio now and I get to enjoy it for years to come! Thank you Antonio and your crew for making my patio a dream come true!!! :)

Description of Work
Gut Reno of my Rotting Wooden Patio Wall and Surrounding Stone Steps

Category ceramic tile, landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, foundation repair, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 08/03/2022

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39826880

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure!

07/26/2022

Tom F.

Job looks great. Project was on time and on budget. Workers were on schedule, very polite and project was completed on time. A few glitches at the end but Antonio stepped up and made it right. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Porch & patio repair

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

It was our pleasure [Member Name Removed]. Should you need anything in the future, do not hesitate to call.

07/13/2022

nicholas F.

excellent workmanship, professional, great crew.

Description of Work
New Paver Patio with BBQ area and walkway

Category decks, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39796346

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure. Should you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call!

07/03/2022

Jane P.

It went amazingly great! Job was completed in 4 days. Looks better than we had hoped.

Description of Work
Replace sidewalk and create access to crawl space.

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2022

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39786312

Thank you so much for trusting us with your project. It was a pleasure working for you!

07/03/2022

Adrian P.

When i first reached out to Antonio he responded within the hour. He was able to diagnose problemic issues that seemingly were missed by numerous others. Then he explained the why and resolved the issue. I even had a small task that needed to be done and he took care of it same day no questions asked. This team is great, they are respectful, prompt and do what they say they are going to do. I will use them for all similar work going forward and i highly recommend him to anyone. One thing to note, they do get busy due to him being so good so make sure you get on his calendar early.

Description of Work
Waterproofing, cement work, step removal and rebuild

Category concrete repair, landscaping, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/20/1978

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was my pleasure! If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

06/29/2022

ethan B.

Everything went very smoothly. Work was completed expeditiously and exactly as agreed. The foreman Manny does beautiful work and manages his team well. The job site was left neat and clean at the end of each day, the workers respectful, and the results meticulous. Part of the job was straightforward: replacing stair treads, repointing brick, and pouring concrete. All was completed expertly. The other major part of the job was a complete rebuilding of a rough stone wall. Here's where Manny and the quality of the work really stood out to me. Not only was the rebuild was completed to spec (which included narrowing the footprint of the wall and patching the areas underneath), but the work was done with high attention to detail and taking the time and care to make the wall look as nice as possible. Well run and well managed outfit who care about doing the absolutely best job possible - would use again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Rebuilding of stone wall, replacement of stair treads, concrete platform replacement, brick pointing.

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 06/05/2022

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

06/29/2022

Meggie F.

Antonio and his crew did a phenomenal job despite all the challenges we have faced prior dealing with a previous contractor that started the job and couldn’t finish it due to lack of knowledge and experience. We were left in the dark, not knowing where to turn to as we were trying to rebuild a 8-10ft wall that involved architect plans and extensive knowledge in the field. Antonio and his crew worked day and night to meet our deadline and delivered an outstanding final product. I would highly recommend Debenedetto’s construction for all of your masonry work needs, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Retaining Wall Rebuild

Category masonry

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39782290

Thank you for your trust in us. It was our pleasure working for you, and if you need any other assistant, do not hesitate to contact us.

06/14/2022

Bonnie P.

I can not say enough great things about the work that was done. The crew, lead by Silvio, was professional, punctual and performed high quality work. My expectations are always high and this team exceeded them. Great job!

Description of Work
Backyard patio with stones.

Category ceramic tile, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for trusting us with your project, it was our pleasure!

06/13/2022

Arthur A.

Job was complete last year..driveway has cracks and chips. Cement has a yellow appearance not gray with blue stains.Not appealing visually with rough broom lines. Company has not returned my calls and going to have redone at my own expense wrong

Description of Work
Cement driveway and sidewalk

Category ceramic tile, concrete driveways, masonry

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39788196

04/26/2022

Jiro O.

Antonio and his team at A DeBenedetto Construction are awesome and would highly recommend them. They were within budget and actually ahead of schedule. When they said they were going to show up they showed up every day at 7:45am. The quality of work is also very high and there were real-time complications that the landscape design did not capture, which they addressed on the spot. Antonio is a man of his word and was always available and came to check on the job very frequently. I have done several projects in the past and this has been the best!

Description of Work
The concrete pool deck, walkways, and driveway were replaced as part of a major landscaping project

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, plumbing, pavers, gravel, driveway pavers, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

Review for A Debenedetto Construction LLC - 13 Florence Ave., Belleville, NJ - 39711704

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. It really was a pleasure working for you and your wife.

02/12/2022

PEGGY G.

Debenedetto Construction is the absolute best there is!! Antonio is a very dedicated professional and the work his crew did is truly spectacular. There was extensive work done on our property including cutting in a circular driveway with Belgian block pavers, removing old stairs and a brick walkway, extending the retaining wall, installing a drainage line and paving the existing driveway leading into the garage. We’ve had many compliments on the work they’ve done and I highly recommend him. Thank you Antonio for a job well done!!!

Description of Work
Installation of circular driveway & retaining wall, removal of existing stairs & brick walkway

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, driveway pavers, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

02/10/2022

Sonja T.

Great job, crew was punctual, efficient, tidy and did a wonderful job. Entire process was professional and we were pleased with the finished project.

Description of Work
Excellent work

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/10/2022

02/05/2022

Adam H.

From start to finish, Antonio and his team were a pleasure to work with. Antonio was one of the few contractors I reached out to after Ida flooded our ground floor, as he had done great work on my parents-in-law's. Antonio took the time to understand the issues (where and how water piled up in front and back of house), talked through what he believed were the best options and they just made sense (compared to others I had talked to). This included 2 (instead of 1 we had) pumps in the back well, dug a well deeper and added a pump, raised the front of my driveway to help prevent street water from entering. Since even the slightest rains were leading to minor flooding, he was able to get me on schedule fast, his team were great and very helpful in helping me understand the work being done, and cleaned up after themselves. After he was done, on the next rainfall, I breathed a sigh of relief :)

Description of Work
Outdoor Flood Prevention - 3 New Pumps, Deeper Well and Driveway Lip

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, masonry, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

01/18/2022

Gary L.

Awesome, extremely professional. Would highly recommend. Antonio and has crew were great.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing, new garage floor

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

12/22/2021

John H.

Excellent job. A neighbor I did not previously know was walking by. He said he works for a local school system in facilities/buildings and grounds. His comment was "whoever did the work did an excellent job. You can see the workmanship and how meticulously everything was done." He asked for the name and said he would keep it if he ever needed something done.

Description of Work
Pavers in driveway and walkway to front steps, concrete sidewalk, replaced front steps

Category concrete repair, masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

11/02/2021

Andrea W.

Fantastic, Antonio and his team were quick, friendly, efficient, and polite. They got the work done in minimal time and it looks great. I would definitely hire them again to do additional work if we need them. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Sump Pump and French Drain Installation

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

11/02/2021

Andrea W.

Antonio and his team were fast, communicative, and stuck to their budget. I first hired them to do the gutter work and then added on the basement drainage work and I have been very pleased with how each job turned out. $6,200 for the french drains/sump pump and $5,500 for the gutter drainage connection to the street. I would DEFINITELY recommend them and would DEFINITELY hire them again if I needed anything.

Description of Work
French Drains, Sump Pump, Down drain underground pipes from gutters to street

Category concrete repair, masonry, plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/21/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your review and for trusting us with your project. It will be a pleasure to assist you in the future. Should need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

10/29/2021

Daisy M.

I had a great experience with A. Debenedetto. All my neighbors and strangers who walk past my house have been commenting on our new walkway! Antonio was always very attentive and got back to me when I would ask him about the project status. Thet came highly recommended around town and that's why I used them and had no worries working with them. The front of my home looks beautiful now! I would definitely hire them again without hesitation. Thanks, Antonio!

Description of Work
New Paver Walkway, New Steps, Driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, driveway pavers, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

10/02/2021

Bruce M.

I left voicemails as well as contacted them on their web site and they never returned my call.

Description of Work
Foundation Waterproofing

Category ceramic tile, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/01/2021