AOK Handyman Services LLC

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2006

2258 Clifford Ave

Atco, NJ 08004

3 employees. Cost determined by the job. Extra charge for afterhour services. License# 13vh00449800. Free estimates on job site or by phone depending on job.

10/26/2016

Brent E.

It didn't go as planned in my head. I called initially to make an appointment for them to come out and quote drywall removal and installation. Scheduled for Thursday 10/13, came out, was professional and said he'd have our quote by the end of the weekend. Weekend came and went, no response. Monday came, no response. I called on Tuesday, and they said maybe he took down the wrong email. Gave them my email again. Few days went by, still nothing. Finally called again on Thursday 10/20 and left a message. Emailed him that day and they said I'll have the quote by days end Thursday. Got our quote which I thought was to be reasonable and fair. Called on Friday 10/21 because I had a few questions and wanted to schedule the service. No answer left a message. Didn't hear all weekend, no biggie. Called again Monday, no answer left a message. Emailed them, no return email. Waited a few days figured they were busy. Called again, no response left a message. Finally I called for the last time yesterday 10/26 and emailed them again, which again got no response. Had great reviews, not quite sure what happened.

Description of Work
Drywall removal

Category drywall

07/21/2016

Myrle D.

Al, and Sons did a wonderful job! They are courteous, professional and very neat workers. I would highly recommend them for any home improvements that you might have. I hope to have them back again to install laminate flooring in the near future.

Description of Work
Drywall ceiling and walls, install crown molding, prime and paint walls. Install recessed lighting. Rewire existing lighting system and install new wall outlets.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

07/05/2016

BESHARA K.

I like that they were local and they completed the job.

Description of Work
I used AOK Handyman.

05/18/2016

WILLIAM N.

Al from AOK came out to do the estimate for the lighting job which involved the removal of the old fixtures, installing new j boxes and the install and aiming of the new led fixtures. This work took place approximately 23-25 feet high at the top of the house gables. He said it wouldn't be that long of a job and he could do it now. I had the new fixtures, the new j boxes so I said ok. He knew what he was doing. He was very professional and took care of every detail. l would definitely hire AOK again. Nice job..Thanks

Description of Work
AOK changed 2 outdoor light fixtures that were at the peak of the roof gables. I had the old fixtures replaced with LED fixtures

Category lighting

04/29/2016

Marlene M.

They did a beautiful job on the backsplash. All of the work was done in a professional manner and cleaned up afterwards. I have used AOK's services before and have always been very pleased with their work. I can highly recommend them to anyone needing tile work, plumbing, electrical or carpentry.

Description of Work
Tiled a backsplash, repaired porch step, replaced a ceiling fan.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, ceiling fans

12/02/2014

Carol H.

I have had them do painting, change my locks, electrical work, flooring, installed a dishwasher, installed a new front door and a storm door. They have always done a very good job for me. I would highly recommend them! They are very professional and their rates are great.

Description of Work
They have done service for me several times.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service

12/01/2014

Valerie L.

Al was prompt, cheerful, and went far above and beyond throughout the entire 3 days he was at my home. The repairs themselves were flawless, my ceiling looks like no damage ever occurred. Even though he had to do some extra work which was not included on the initial estimate. he did not charge me over the quoted amount. He even did a few little "extras" around the house that had badly needed fixing, like unclogging a drain and installing a sink disposal unit at no labor cost to me. He was wonderful! He was also willing to work with me and extend my full payment to him for a few weeks, given that I had recently had a few unforeseen financial issues. Al will absolutely be coming back into my home to attend to other projects! He is a sincerely kind and decent person, a very skilled craftsman, and can literally do ANYTHING around the home for the best price and with the best and most reliable service. This man is a gem....hire him for anything you need done and you will be beyond satisfied!

Description of Work
Al Oriente of A-OK Handyman replaced my upstairs shower, fixed the sub flooring beneath, and completely repaired and restored my downstairs ceiling, which had been severely damaged by a leak from the upstairs bathroom and had literally caved in over the family room.

Category appliance repair, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

07/26/2014

Steven S.

Al discussed the issues, made suggestions, we discussed the best solution... pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Our house is a Moorestown Victorian built in 1887. Al has shown us over several visits that he can maintain the integrity of the house and is always able to find the source of problems. He has added an entrance way to a room; built an outdoor overhang where water seeped into the basement from rain; installed hanging Tiffany light fixtures; repaired leaks from the outside by digging and moving soil; found cause and repaired basement wall effloressence and crumbling; cleaned gutters; made a closet usable with hanging rod; repaired broken 2nd story window that required quite an extension ladder... Al will be back to install gutter guards and to run an underground electric connection to reach our outdoor patio. Al shows up with a fellow worker and large truck with tools, wires, supplies and easily works out of the driveway. We do believe that Al stands behind his work.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

07/14/2014

Margo S.

They were very nice people. They were very chatty. They did an okay job but it wasn't high quality work. I didn't think their craftsmanship was an "A", it was more a "B-". I used them twice so they must have been all right. The outside work was $1,800 and the inside work was $700. I think I would do a little more research and hunt for somebody else in the future.

Description of Work
I had some rotting wood siding and some window frames that were rotted so they cut them out and put new ones in. Then they repainted them. This work was done last fall. They also hung interior doors this past winter.

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, house painters, doors

07/07/2014

Daniel R.

Great, finished on time Friendly guys In high demand because of their quality work and fair pricing!!!

Description of Work
Installed vanity, medicine cabinet, recessed light in shower, exhaust fan, another light and paint the master bathroom, installed vanity, medicine cabinet, new floor, repaired two toilets, paint the 2nd bathroom, add shelving in bathroom, repaired walls and a ceiling, hung new bathroom door, repaired front door and installed 3 roof boots. Al & Paul did so much, I might have left something off the list

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

06/13/2014

M. K.

I'm very happy with what they did. They did a good job. I checked out the prices of the material myself so the overall cost went pretty well. They put crown molding on the ceiling and around the tub. I have no problem with what they did, they were very thorough. I'm going to have them back to work on the barn.

Description of Work
I used AOK Handyman Services last year to re-do a half bath and a full bathroom. I replaced sinks, tubs and tub surround. They put in a new exhaust fan, new lighting fixtures, painted and put in new flooring.

Category home remodeling

05/12/2014

Maya Y.

Great guys, we enjoyed their company and trusted them in our home. They are a bit chatty and charge by the hours, so sometimes it seemed that they were chatting with us on the clock. They are very social, and easily distracted. Great work quality for some projects, but others were not done professionally or completed. However, when we called them back, they came and finished the work without and discussion about charging us again. Great for small jobs, can over commit to work a bit, and seemed overwhelmed with volume leading to slower replies, but they are VERY trustworthy handymen.

Description of Work
flooring for our laundry room, bathroom plumbing repair, replaced all of the doors inside of our home, changed out missing shelfing in a bathroom, repaired our shower plumbing, replaced window panes

Category handyman service, plumbing

04/21/2014

Donna H.

First of all, they were very nice. Secondly, they walked through out the house with respect and they spoke to me intelligently. They made me understand why things had to be done the way they felt the best way to take care of a situation and they were mindful of the fact that I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money because I'm trying to sell the house. I just wanted to do what has to be done and not anything extra. I did have another company to look at my bathroom and they wanted to charge me an outrageous money inspite of what I was telling them but these guys seem to really get the fact that I wasn't trying to do anything extravagant. I just wanted to take care of the house so that I could sell it and get a good price out of it. He was doing what he felt that he could do for me without trying to get over. He hasn't done any work for me yet but I could say that he's a very professional person and the price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
AOK Handyman Services LLC came up and gave me a quote.

Category handyman service

Please contact us to review your estimate and we will see what we can do to help you. Thanks you!!

04/09/2014

M. K.

I spent about $6000. They were just good. If I question something or if something wasn't right they made it right. The 2 vanities I ordered in August didn't come in until after October. They got everything else done but we had to wait inbetween which was fine because luckily I had other bathrooms.

Description of Work
I used AOK Handyman Services LLC for bathroom remodeling. I had them here last week to give me an estimate and I also used them last year to re-do my bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Thank you!

04/04/2014

Sarahbeth G.

I left messages for several vendors about getting an estimate for a stair rail that I needed replaced in my house. I made an appt with who I thought was Aok and he never showed. I left a message when the vendor did not show. I received a return call a few days later from Aok saying that I had called them but that they have no record of having made an appt with me. This is possible because I was contacting several people at around the same time. I made an appt with Al to come out and give me an estimate. He was very pleasant and arrived on time. He took my email address and said that he would email me the estimate by the end of the week. When I did not hear from him midweek the following week I called to follow up. I left a message and now almost 2 weeks later I have not received a return call. I know that I called the right place this time. Given this behavior, it is quite possible he was the vendor that did not show the first time. Regardless, I will not be using him.

Description of Work
No services

Category handyman service

Im sorry this has happened, but the estimate was sent out unless your email address is incorrect.

03/31/2014

P E B.

As always, terrific! Al and Paul are punctual and meticulous about their work. Al saved me a ton of money too, by suggesting I purchase primed slabs instead of fully painted solid doors/sliders. (The latter would all have to be cut to size anyway and then touched up...which kind of defeats the purpose of buying fully painted doors!) The replaced door were original to the house, and so old they were warping. Now second floor of my house looks like I had it remodeled. Thanks Al and Paul!

Description of Work
Installed six new bedroom doors and 8 new sliders with tracks (for 4 bedroom closets). Painted new doors/sliders and trim where needed. Also removed old doors/sliders and other materials.

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

Thank you!

03/26/2014

Jill A.

I hope he doesn't get too busy because I want to use him again and again! The doors really made the rooms look up to date.

Description of Work
He picked up the supplies for bedroom closet doors. (6 doors and hardware). He installed new 6 panel sliding doors in both bedrooms.

Category doors

Thank you! And I am busy and I get crusified for it in some comments customers have to understand this is a busy time of year we try to answer all the calls . I have a small business and sometimes cant keep up with the calls. I hope they can be a little under standing .thank you again!

03/03/2014

anne C.

Al And Maryann Oriente ( owners) are the best people to work with. Al did a remarkable job on my floors pls check out actual pictures in his Facebook . He put down tiles in my kitchen that look exactly like my hardwood floors. Honesty , Integrity and professionalism are 5 stats for this contractor . He is my go to guy now , a plus for single moms who work all the time, and wants self driven contractors who stands by their work . Hope to see u soon Al.

Description of Work
Flooring, water damage, electric panels

Category electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service

02/21/2014

Rochelle S.

It went very well. Their pricing was reasonable I believe. He didn't match the grout exactly and he called to say that he would be back in a couple of days and he actually came back. I didn't think I would see him again, but he did come back and he did match it. They came on time, they came back when they said they would. I would use them again.

Description of Work
AOK Handyman Services repaired the gutter and replaced a ceramic tile on my kitchen floor.

02/01/2014

joan S.

i have used this service several times now and i am so happy that i have found them. whatever the job, aok has the skill to help!! i have for years tried to find someone to help out with jobs around the house....painting, plumbing, electrical....and used to have to pay very expensive service companies to come and do only one job...either painting, plumbing, etc. aok can do it all and their work is the best...much better than any of the other companies i have used. i now use only them for all my household needs. i can't say enough good things about their work.

Description of Work

Category appliance repair, handyman service

01/31/2014

Hope Y.

I am very very pleased with the work by Al and Paul ! They were very efficient and worked quickly and neatly and cleaned up so well you wouldn't even know work had been done! Great price and great service :) who could ask for anything more? I will definitely be using Al's AOK services again and he is a great guy and very easy to talk to with great feedback on projects.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom floor, new tile, added cabinet doors, replaced showerhead, fixed leaky kitchen sink, replaced section in bedroom floor

01/13/2014

Colleen M.

They were good. It was about a year and change ago. I do not know, about a hundred dollars. I do not really have a strong opinion, one way or another. They were fine. They did one need them to do, did it quickly, and were friendly. They were actually a little far from my house. So, probably not, because I know that it was high to get there and I think they added to my call. I guess I know that the cost was more due to the distance. The cost would be the more accurate to be done.

Description of Work
I used AOK Handyman Services L.L.C. for door repair. They repaired the door frame.

Category doors

11/25/2013

Richard C.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! How can I express how HAPPY my husband and I are with the work Al and his team did. The custom molding work is ABSOLUTLEY GORGEOUS!!!!! Al and his team work so well together. They were ALWAYS on time. They answered any questions or concerns my husband and I had. All the work that was done in our home, was done with GREAT PRIDE and DONE EXTREMELY WELL!!! My husband and I will continue to count on Al and his teams service for future work. We HIGHLY recomend AOK HANDYMAN SERVICE.

Description of Work
Custom crown molding, drywall, painting, replaced 2 ceiling fans, replaced stove hood, fixed front door and replaced a wall and more.

Category drywall, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters

10/17/2013

jessica M.

We liked the owner. Had a good initial experience with him . Before we hired him we wanted to get some references. He did not return my email or phone calls. Eventually, I got a hold of his wife. She conveyed to me she had spoken to him. He gave her one reference (of which is now closed for business) and sent pics of their home. She went on to say, he had been in the business for 'X' amount of years and has lots of experiences. I left the conversation thinking he didn't care about my business...He couldn't take the time to give me viable references? He had to defend himself and his years of work? No thank you. I am not hiring him.

Description of Work
AOK came and gave us a quote for a job.

Category handyman service

Im sorry you feel this way! The one reason you signed up for Angies List is for reviews on a contractor, I sent you pictures of my own property, I run a small business and sometimes dont have the time to keep sending pictures. The work you needed done is basic trim and door installion and no I do not take pictures of every Trim and door installation. I went to your home on a Saturday away from my family and spent 2hrs looking on your computer to make sure thats what you wanted. I have been in business for 18years and love what I do ! and take pride! Read my reviews!!!!!

10/17/2013

Carolyn C.

It looks absolutely beautiful and they did an excellent job. I am happy with the service and feel they did a great job.

Description of Work
They dry walled my bedroom and painted it. They painted the woodwork as well as walls.

Category drywall, interior painters

Thank You!

APEP Painting

APEP - We encourage to plan ahead of time to better guarantee service with APEP. We stay busy all year around and a painting project isn’t a burst pipe. However, we do offer quick and emergency services to small-scale projects. APEP specializes in interior painting from full home projects to simple improvements, including wall repairs, wallpaper removal, stain work, and popcorn removal. APEP has one goal and many strategies to achieve that goal. We strive to accomplish a clean, timely, and professional performance on every project. APEP has more than 15 years on the trade. The staff is constantly improving and supervising to assure professional and exceptional services, and all painters are trained to work with APEP’s strategies regardless of previous experience. This ensures that all of our jobs have the same astonishing result.

2022 Super Service Award

Affordable Weaver Painting

At Affordable Weaver’s Painting, we felt the industry standards weren't strong enough, so we developed The Affordable Weaver Promise. “Your Paint Job Done On-Time, Within Budget and Without Hassles!” PLEASE CALL US DIRECTLY FOR A QUOTE AT 267-249-3253

Clean Lines Painting & Powerwashing

Clean Lines Painting & Power Washing has been in business since 2003. We strive to provide the best customer experience in the painting and power washing industry. We know that selecting the right color for your home or business can be challenging, so we offer FREE COLOR Consultation. Our services include interior and exterior painting, power washing, deck restoration, wood staining, wood replacement, plaster and stucco repair. We serve the following counties: Atlantic County and Cape May County. We look forward to earning your business.

Offers by Clean Lines Painting & Powerwashing on Angi

Painting. Appliance & cabinet installation. Drywall. Woodwork. Crown molding. Pressure washing. Home repairs.