New England Gutter Kings Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since September 2009

4.2

44 Lafayette Rd

North Hampton, NH 03862

No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Additional phones: (978) 256-0092, (978) 475-4936, (603) 880-0440, & (978) 486-3379.

06/03/2022

Evette R.

THIS IS THE COMPANY TO HIRE. The facia of our home had a curved molding throughout and had to be removed and replaced with a straight facia in order to attach the gutters. As it turned out various parts of our home required 2 and 3 long wood heavy boards. The company sent out 3 teams and these hard working gentlemen did a PROFESSIONAL, PERFECT JOB. MY neighbors were so impressed, stating they observed this team working non stop. Very professional, courteous, knowledgeable, HARD WORKING. Left our property as they found it - CLEAN. Also important is that they're competitively priced.

Description of Work
Installation of gutters

04/12/2017

bob F.

totally professional. showed up on time and were very personable and expedient.

Description of Work
As asked for and performed well.

08/09/2016

Patrick R.

Went just according to plan, and no problems.

Description of Work
New gutter installed on front of house.

12/20/2015

Tamara L H.

Dealing with this company was a complete hassle. I called to make an appointment to have gutters cleaned and was given a date of Nov 30. Upon making the appointment I stated that the house was 2 stories in the front & 3 stories in the back so that they would be prepared to deal with the height in the back. I also asked if the debris was bagged because I did not want it thrown down on top of my dense evergreen bushes in front of the house making a big clean up job for me. I was ensured that the debris would be bagged. I was also told that the down spouts would be flushed. Monday, Nov 30 came & they did not show. I called & they said the crew must not have had time & would be there tomorrow. Once again, they never showed. Thursday, Dec 3rd, I get an automated message saying they would be there the following day. Friday Dec 4th rolls around & again they did not show. By this time I am more than a bit irritated. I called & after getting through the automated message I finally got to talk to someone......who sounded like a kid and said he did not know how to handle the problem with the unresponsive crews. Finally, 8 days after my appointment on Dec 8, they apparently showed because I got home to find extreme debris scattered all over my front steps and dense evergreen bushes (and I'm not talking about lit bits that might have missed the bucket). Then I walked around to the back of the house & look up to see the gutters still overflowing with debris. It was after 5 pm so I decided to wait until the next day to call the company. The next afternoon I was not surprised to find that the company would be prompt at one thing....sending the bill!!! I called the company and the first thing I asked is if there were any notes from the crew regarding the job. I was wondering if they made a comment to their boss about why the job was not completed (like maybe they were not told or forgot about the height of the roof & did not have a tall enough ladder). I was told there was no mention from the crew as to why the job was not completed. I told the rep about the mess & about the back gutters not being completed. He asked me to email pictures & I did. He agreed to send a different crew out to complete the job & tidy up & make sure the downspouts were flushed. He agreed to Thursday morning, Dec 17, as I requested since I would be home to supervise. He said to hang onto the bill until the job was completed satisfactorily. Thursday morning came and the crew arrived as promised. I walked around the back of the house with the two men & they took one look at the roof line and said there was a problem. They said they did not have a high enough ladder and that the company says they are no longer allowed on roofs because of one crew who had to go up on a roof (and did not like it) and complained to OSHA . I was dumbfounded so say the least (though not upset with the men themselves). They said that they did not mind going up on roofs as some jobs obviously required it depending on the design etc, but the company says they are not allowed to. I asked one of the men to call his boss with me there to explain the situation because I was not paying a bill for a job that could not be done. He did & his boss gave them the go ahead to go up on the roof if they needed to to get the job done. Finally.....after way to much hassle.....gutters cleaned. I paid the bill immediately on-line. To further express this company's lack of communication, two days later I get a letter from Jack Lopez, the general manager, dated Dec 17 (the same day as the redo date) telling me I am late with my payment for services provided on Dec 8. What a joke!

Description of Work
Hired to clean gutters.

Category gutter cleaning

We are sorry for this customer's problems that lead to this terrible rant. We do not set appointments for gutter cleaning so the reviewer's expectation that we were scheduled to perform this service on a set date is incorrect. As you will read from all our other reviews from rational reviewers we perform our services as promised with a high level of satisfaction. The reviewer has obviously issues outside of our service and I think the reader gets where the real issue is here. Please read ALL our reviews and you will find that our "A" rating on AL is well earned.

11/27/2015

Mary Ellen D.

Description of Work
They installed 60 ft of gutter with leaf guard. Quick and easy.

11/27/2015

Stephen W.

03/27/2015

David S.

Contacted Gutter King to evaluate condition of gutters. Salesmen convinced me to have gutters cleaned and the contractors would evaluate condition. Guys showed up, cleaned and left. They said gutters were in good condition when obviously they are failed. Be aware that they are looking for a quick expensive "cleaning".

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

If the estimator didn't recommend that you replacement them it was because he didn't require one. What he did recommend was a "Gutter System Tune-Up" which means we clean & flush the downspouts, reattach & replace parts, seal corners and bring back the full functionally of the gutter system. As a gutter company that installs rain gutters day in and out, I would say that we were honest with this customer with nothing to gain from recommending a Tune-Up over a full gutter system replacement.

05/31/2014

John F.

04/21/2014

Karen F.

04/15/2014

roberta B.

These guys are ridiculously priced!!! They quoted us $15000 for gutters on the front and the back of our condo unit. The roofs are straight roofs. Would've been a job done in a couple of hours. Plus...they aren't even a local company. They sent someone up from Mass. No thank you! What happened to the good old mom and pop places?

Category gutter repair

Obviously there is something lost in translation here. We will contact the reviewer but I would guess that there is something else going on here. Our estimators are non-commission! This is not typical of home improvement and the reason I have done this is because we welcome any job from 1 stick of gutter to a gutter trimmed castle and I didn't want to create a system that discourages small job (which often is for the elder to be frank). I got into this business because I couldn't get anyone to show up to sell them to me. We are mom & pop, but in order to keep a gutter company busy you need to cover a large area. There are few to no local gutter specialist in NH (all around contractors plenty but they can also tune up your car and take down a few trees for you) is because the market is not large enough to keep a gutter company going. So we suggest the reader take this with a grain of salt and please read our other reviews. As for this reviewer I apoogise for what ever lead to this outcome and we will get things straightened out. Thank you, Pops

01/23/2014

Theodore T.

12/15/2013

thomas C.

Their work is stellar. I recommend getting their custom gutter tops to keep debris from collecting in your gutters. They are a little pricey but the work is fully covered by warranty and you get what you pay for. These will last forever.

Description of Work
Installed a custom gutter on one side of my house.

12/01/2013

William K.

`no service performed. |would not give me a price for work I wanted done. |obvious he wanted to re gutter whole house while only half needed. |apparently only want to do big jobs. little or medium ones don't count!!!!! |2nd time submitted this critique. |WH KENNEY

Description of Work
I did not use New England Gutter Kings Inc

Category gutter cleaning

I am sorry this person feels so angry about our quote. He was obviously not home to explain what he exactly wanted done and our commission free estimators would have given exactly that. When we are unable to determine exactly what we measure the entire house so that we can break down the job (usually over the phone from people who don't want to set an appointment which is what we try to do with 100% of gutter installation estimates to avoid exactly issues like this. A simple phone call would have avoided this issue, and I am sorry it came out in this angry review. We will contact the reviewer to explain this. What is most difficult in home improvement is overcoming people's lack of trust with contractors and assuming they want to screw you. In your own professional life you strive to do your job as effectively and respectably as possible. We do the same. Our estimators are seasoned professionals with a wide range of experience whom are all certified Building Analyst. They look at 100's of homes a month and take no preference in anything else but to help you solve your home's moisture problem. We hope to resolve this person's complaint.

09/08/2013

Erroll R.

Disaster from alluring beginning to the pathetic, dismal end. Specifics of this assignment were discussed with the provider well before the visit, including gutter locations and what was included in the package as applied to this Angie's Special Deal (given the unique features of the house being serviced). After the first service visit, provider tried to charge extra for what we had agreed would be included in his service for the Deal price. When sent photos of the poor job which had been done, he promised to make up for the deficient work, was late with providing this in the event, and still did not manage to clean the gutters we had agreed would be cleaned for the Deal price. Gutters were still not clean after the second follow-on visit. I got tired of climbing up to the gutters to take pictures of still-filled gutters right after the providers claimed to have been there. Avoid if at all possible.

Description of Work
Allegedly cleaned gutters for a whole house, but neglected to clean all the gutters (the locations of all of which were discussed in detail with the provider prior to the service visit) and stilled managed to miss them on two follow-on visits.

Category gutter cleaning

The offer was clear as to what was included and not included. This customer wanted us to cover the costs of work that is not covered. We are sorry they are not happy with our services and have attempted to reach them to discuss this further..

05/29/2013

Kent V.

The install price was was great and in the end we paid exactly what we were quoted. We had a fairly dificult roof to add gutters to and the install of this and all the other gutters went well. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Installed new gutters along the back og the house

05/02/2013

Keith B.

It was a challenge because when they came out the first time, they didn't do the job right and they had to come back and do it again. It was pretty much a hassle. They sent somebody out and the people they sent out were either lazy or unqualified or didn't want to do the job. There were some areas that I know needed to be fixed. I anticipated that they would call those out so then they could give me a quote but they didn't do that. They actually came out on time.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" for the gutter cleaning services of New England Gutter Kings. I just asked them to clean the gutters and make any recommendations about anything that might need to be done.

04/08/2013

Tiffany L.

The reason I went through with Gutter King was that they were the only company that gave me an estimate for what I asked for. I also liked that they did the quote while I was present to ask questions and to be able to physically point at the sections of the house I needed re-done. I requested two other quotes from competitors and although I was very articulate in my communication with them on the phone and email; they both gave me a quote for replacing the ENTIRE gutter system on the house (not just the two sections I needed.) They also did not schedule the time they would do the estimate with me. Gutter King went out of their way to listen to me and explain everything. Gutter King gave me only what I needed and didn't push me to do the other sections of the house. Price was fair. People were friendly. Two things that were disappointing: I've been picking up a lot screws and sharp pieces from the grass were they did the work. With snow on the ground (at the time they did the work) I guess that is inevitable. Also, downspouts were not extended. They just ended at the foundation so I needed to do that myself. I didn't think to ask about that and just assumed they would do it.

Description of Work
Replaced some gutters on second story of house and a little on first story on other side. Included some removal of old/ broken gutters. Although I was present at estimate I was not present while work was expedited.

03/25/2013

Rick C.

The estimator arrived 10 minutes early, I described and showed him what I wanted done and he gave me the estimate on the spot. They called me a week later saying that they would be onsite the next day and that I didn't need to be home. When I arrived home that evening the job was done and aside from the new gutter and downspout you wouldn't have known they were here. Very professional.

Description of Work
Gutter Kings replaced a run of gutter and downspouts

11/27/2012

Eric M.

i wasn't at home and they did not leave a card saying they had been cleaned. It would have been helpful if they left a card. Overall great experience will use again

Description of Work
Cleaned the gutters

11/26/2012

Sara S.

Overall, the gutters were cleaned nicely and they were very prompt. They were able to schedule my cleaning the very next week, even though it was a holiday week. I did not have to be home while they were there, which was nice. However, when I got home I found there was a large bag of debris left, which I was never told about. I thought they left it by accident and called to ask about it. They also left my outside water running and I didn't notice it for a day!!! Very unprofessional. Overall I was less than satisfied with my experience even thought the gutters themselves look great.

Description of Work
All the gutters around my house were cleaned and the downspouts were cleaned. I asked to have the leaves/pine needles removed from the top of my skylight, but this was not done. I called and asked if there was a problem and they said they can only get what they can reach from a ladder?

Category gutter cleaning

We always advise our customers that we leave the bag of debris, this could have been missed but it is part of our customer service reps script which is repeated many, many times a day. Often we speak to the Mr or Mrs and they tend to not pass those details along. Part of the reason we do not take the debris is for proof of the service and so home owners know how much debris was found so they can judge how frequently they should be cleaned. We would have gladly taken the leaves if the customer had requested it. We have spoken to this customer to address this complaint and hope to have earned her future business.

11/23/2012

Peggy F.

This was an easy repair. The estimator came when expected. The work was done well. I thoroughly recommend this contractor and would use again, if the need arises.

Description of Work
New England Gutter King replaced a portion of gutter and downspout that had been damaged beyond repair. The job was done within a few days of the original estimated date and done very well. All of the old gutter was removed and the work area was clean as a whistle!

09/27/2012

Greg F.

New England Gutter Kings was good. The gutters were well installed and they seem to be working so far. They did a pretty good job and we're happy with them. They're really persistent. We tried to get quotes from different places and they were consistently the ones that got back to us to give us prices for different things that we were looking at and they had the best price.

Description of Work
New England Gutter Kings installed some gutters for us.

09/24/2012

Michelle A.

It was a positive experience. They were on time, friendly and every expensive. Their quoted price was $10,000.

Description of Work
I used New England Gutter Kings for gutter replacement.

03/01/2012

Victoria B.

Filled out inquiry form on their website and rec'd prompt phone call with a time for the estimate. Estimator came exactly when he said he would. He was not sure they could do it this year as it was winter, but a mild one. It can't be too cold. So he told me we might have to wait until March, but they would call before they came. Since the warm temps continued, I got a call a couple of weeks alter that they would be coming the following Monday. They did, and it was completed. The estimate was reasonable and not exceeded. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Could not be happier with their service. I just needed one gutter on a side of the house that never had one. Installed gutter and downspout. Very prompt and easy to work with!

12/04/2010

Suzanne H.

They did a great job! Arrived on time; very neat; worked quickly and efficiently. I had one question during the job and ended up calling the main office. They responded immediately with an answer, and the foreman then came to find me to make sure that everything was clearly explained.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters around entire house.