Heath & Field Plumbing & Heating

New Hampshire: General
05/31/2023

218 N Main St

Newport, NH 03773

For over 60 years, Heath & Field Plumbing & Heating has provided expert and quality plumbing and heating services to the Newport, NH, and Lake Sunapee, NH, areas. Locally owned by Gregg Merritt, Heath & Field Plumbing & Heating takes pride in offering a wide range of plumbing and heating services, from drain cleaning/snaking pipes to heating system installation to winterizing your water heater for the cold weather to come. Utilizing state-of-the-art micro-camera technology and years of industry experience, Heath & Field Plumbing & Heating, is, without a doubt, the plumbing and heating company for you....

plumbers (4)HVAC Companies (1)

12/12/2016

The work was done neatly. It looks good. However, the plumber told me that condensation of this type can be acidic and we would need an alkaline filter. Because of circumstances we were in a hurry and had no time to discuss or verify this information. A previous contractor whom I called to ask about a new furnace told me he would add a simple pump and hose to the cost of the furnace for $60. The i...

Description of Work
We decided it would be good to have a small pump with short hose to send condensation from a propane furnace to the water outlet for the washing machine. For years the condensation was draining into a dirt surface under the bath tub. That was the decision of the contractor who installed the furnace. I felt uncomfortable with that much water going into the ground under our foundation. It could be several gallons in 48 hours if the furnace was run constantly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

12/15/2015

Description of Work
They replaced a very old water pressure tank for our well system. They quoted somewhere in the $600-800 range; the invoice was $905, due to extra piping, fittings, and the Well-trol tank costing $100 more than anticipated. These guys are good people and fair. This was our second project with them. I will definitely use them again.

Work Completed On 12/07/2015

05/14/2015

Description of Work
I had a leaking water valve on a plastic line controlling an outside spigot which I installed about 25 years ago. I was unable to repair the valve and the line containing it was so short I was afraid to try replacing it. The plumber connected to the copper take-off line so he could have space in which to install the new valve. It was a neat job and done quickly.

Work Completed On 05/08/2015

05/08/2014

I called Gregg and he came out to survey the situation within a couple of days. He was hopeful that he might be able to bring the bathroom up to code without ripping out all the fixtures, but couldn't say for sure without actually cutting a hole in the wall in the room next door. About three days later he called to ask if his associate Donny could come out and take a look. I thought he was just go...

Description of Work
I had a situation where we as homeowners had done some plumbing work that turned out to be not up to code. Heath and Field came out to take a look and found a way to remedy the situation by taking out a drywall in the adjacent room rather than tearing out all of our work.

Work Completed On 04/02/2014

Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Hot Water Heaters, Faucets, Toilets, Piping Repair, Boiler repairs, De-watering pump systems & Radiant heat installation