Credible Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2012

2 Arcola St

Dover, NH 03820

Credible Construction offers free estimates on any new construction, or remodeling projects. Small commercial projects as well. We are a small company that provides ourselves on making the customer happy!

05/13/2019

Cathy S.

There have been few times that we have worked with contractors and been able to say that we were 100% satisfied but working with Shawn and his crew was definitely a 100% experience. Shawn had wonderful ideas, and he and his crew were definitely professional, punctual, and meticulous in carrying out the work on our bathroom. We already plan on having them come back to redo our other bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

04/30/2018

Colin D.

Our goal was to finish the basement of our ranch to effectively double the square footage of our house. The entire process from initial consultation and planning to the high quality of the sub-contractors (drywall, electrical, plumbing, concrete cutting, etc.) was very smooth. Sean (the company owner and leader) was very responsive via text or phone call whenever we had a specific question or just needed to know when someone would be arriving. He had excellent ideas and was also very cognizant of our budget. He also was well acquainted with local building codes and regulations so that all renovation headaches and obstacles were at a minimum. As a family, just as important as the quality of the workmanship is that we felt safe and secure having the various workmen in and out of our house, most times when we were not home. All of the guys were genuinely good people that cared about the outcome of their work. If you are debating whether to finish your basement or move to a bigger house, I would say get your basement finished and give Sean and Credible Construction a try!

Description of Work
Finishing our Basement

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, home builders, basement remodeling

04/03/2018

Susanne S.

Shawn runs a professional company all around. He showed EVERY time he said he would and was prompt. His employees were skilled and professional and cleaned up after themselves each day. Shawn coordinated all the different contractors and was very good at communicating when each part of the project was going to be completed. Everything was done in a timely manner making the kitchen remodel a much more pleasant experience than I was anticipating. He stayed within the budget/original quote and was even honest when the plumbing was a bit cheaper than he had estimated. I am thrilled with the finished kitchen and have been bragging to everyone how much I love it. I would not hesitate to use his services again or recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category home builders, home remodeling

10/11/2017

John C.

Excellent. From the initial quote through the completion of the project Shawn and his team were responsive, on time, were flexible to our interests, and did quality work. They answered all our questions, offered helpful suggestions, and performed the work with attention to detail and on schedule. I would use Credible again and recommend them to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Replaced our existing shower with a tile shower

Category home remodeling

12/28/2016

Ralph L.

Shawn spent several hours initially discussing plans and making suggestions. The project had to be delayed several months due to personal problems on our end and Shawn was able to accommodate us. Project was estimated to take 4-6 weeks and that's what it took. Budget only went over due to extra work needed to be done on the new roof. Was worth it. We were not able to be around but Shawn kept us well informed by phone and sent photos. Both he and his coworker Scott were a pleasure to work with and will be back in the spring for another outdoor project.

Description of Work
Renovate accessory apartment which included complete gut and removal of half the roof to add dormer. Install new kitchen and bath. 3 new windows and refinish hardwood floors and replace entry door.

Category drywall, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

10/03/2016

Laura F.

Shawn is a great carpenter and contractor to work with. He's responsive and flexible, and will work with you to find the right balance of materials and finishes to fit your budget. His primary concern is that you are satisfied with the work. Also, he and his fellow carpenter, Scott, are gracious, respectful, and personable.

Description of Work
Basement, kitchen, and bathroom remodel. All were essentially complete tear-outs, and included all new plumbing, walls, cabinet installs, finish carpentry, etc.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

04/12/2016

Brianna W.

Credible Construction was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Professional, courteous & straight forward. After having a bad experience with a local carpenter/general contractor, it was a relief to find someone we could depend on and trust. We are so happy with our end result and look forward to future projects. We now enjoy our fully renovated basement complete with an office, play area with special nook & living room. thank you!!

Description of Work
transformed our unfinished basement into a great usable space for the family! also, Credible Construction confidently addressed existing issues that required updating and troubleshooting along the way - including securing our deck & addressing a few water/leak issues.

Category basement remodeling

02/17/2016

William H.

Perfect job start to finish. Very responsive and professional crew; a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
16' x 16' bedroom addition and bathroom remodel.

Category home builders, home remodeling

Thank you for updating our review with pictures. This project was a joy to work on from start to finish. The homeowners were very accommodating to schedules and super easy to work with. We created a new bathroom and living space that I know they will enjoy for many years to come. Thank you again!

09/30/2015

Doreen R.

Perhaps Credible Construction should remove their company name from Angie's List if they are too busy to contact a potential customer. I've received replies from other contractors on Angie's List who were professional enough to reply just to say they were too busy to take on more work.

Description of Work
Credible Construction never replied to my intiial e-mail inquiry direct from Angie's List which was 12 days ago.

09/22/2015

Erin C.

I highly recommend Credible Construction. Shawn was very professional and easy to work with. He was prompt at calling me back, providing quote, and scheduling work. Im very happy with this final product and will def call him again

Description of Work
Added interior door to basement, removed closet - and added room for washer / dryer and another closet. Also adding dutch doors to a horse barn

07/22/2015

Jack P.

Description of Work
I manage a condo Complex and they replaced two decks and stair cases. They did a great job and I would use them again.

05/21/2015

Carol E.

Description of Work
Adjusted roof shingles and did it well, efficiently and on time. Although I asked for estimates on small jobs which the company said they could/would do, I never received.

Category roofing, home builders

10/19/2014

Michael L.

Shawn was a pleasure to work with when we had our front porch rebuilt. He was willing to work with us on price and options for construction materials. He listened to what we wanted for a new porch and provided a finished product that was exactly what we wanted. He finished the project within the timeframe we discussed and always kept us apprised of his schedule. The deck looks great, is well built, and we've received lots of compliments from our neighbors. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Installed new front porch

Category decks, garage builders, home builders

09/22/2014

Paul A.

Shawn did a very neat and thorough job removing the old corner cabinet and repairing the missing drywall. He also spliced in a new section of radiator cover and replaced missing baseboards. In addition, he patched some holes left from the removal of a couple of curtain rods - a task that was not part of the original project. We subsequently hired Shawn again to replace some insulation for us in an awkward location under the floor of our mudroom. He brought in an insulation specialist to remove the old insulation and replace it with foamed-in-place insulation. We were quite satisfied with the results of both projects and will consider Shawn again when future projects arise.

Description of Work
Removed a built in corner cabinet and repaired large openings left in the walls. Also re-insulated mudroom floor.

Category drywall, flooring contractor

07/15/2014

DANIEL M.

What was so refreshing about this experience was the upfront honesty and willingness to help me with my problem even if he was unable to do so directly. More companies would do well to follow Credible Construction's lead.

Description of Work
I'd contacted Shawn for a quote for some drywall work which I was looking to get done in short order. He answered the phone on the 2nd ring, listened to my request and came to the realization that he'd be unable to help within my time frame. With that he said he'd contact some associates of his and have them get back to me. I received a phone call within an hour.

Category drywall

06/18/2014

Corrine G.

We rebuilt the house from the outside walls in and Shawn's project management skills kept the job flowing smoothly throughout the process. New walls, new windows, new roof, new everything really. Accurate estimates of both time and money which were so important to us. We couldn't be more please and now we have a house we can truly make our home.

Description of Work
Whole house renovation. Shawn is solution oriented contractor. He has great ideas, and a cost saving mindset for the client. He is so easy to work with, has great subcontractors and truly manages the job with a professional manner. He makes a point of keeping the client in the loop and he texts photos of completed work often. We felt completely at ease during the process and it made what could have been a stressful project a real pleasurable experience. We would hire him again on a minute and will recommend him to everyone we know.

Category decks, flooring contractor, roofing, home builders, woodworking, doors

04/22/2014

Michael K.

All went well. He took his time and got it done right, neat and clean. Was willing to work with me on the details of the job as far as materials so that I got the job done for the best price and quality.

Description of Work
Replaced the frame around the side door of our garage. Installed a gutter and drainpipe over the door.

03/22/2014

Kelly O.

I needed help getting basement refinished and they went out of their way to work a holiday weekend and come at night, so it was done before my husband b-day party. Very nice and trustworthy. Little bit of qualityissues, as some thing done have falled apart sine then (like the spindles on my rail way - 3 have fallen out). Bit overall the rest has been very good results.

Description of Work

Category drywall, remodeling, home builders, basement remodeling

02/27/2014

Michelle H.

My house is a log home and it was a foreclosed property that had sat for almost 2 years. It needed renovation from bottom to top.The porch had to be shored up, a downstairs basement room finished, including a custom built floor to ceiling book case,plumbing , electrical ,the whole roof replaced, bathroom renovated,a rotten log replaced. front door replaced ,ceiling sheet rocked, landscaping the list goes on and on. Shawn from Credible Construction is very knowledgable and innovative. He knows the construction trade well and recommends great products to help with the work. He gives you different options to accomplish the goals also. One of his greatest strengths is he listens and involves you in all aspects of the project. He will always call you back and goes the extra step to make sure the job is done right. He also assembles a great experienced team of professionals to get all aspects of the job done. All subcontractors did their work on time and within budget. I am a single woman and it it is a daunting task to do an extensive renovation like this. Shawn made the process very easy for me, I always felt included in the process and that my thoughts and feelings were valued. I have been here for over 6 months and all the work performed has had no issues. I just had Shawn come back to replace another side door on the house and it came out fantastic too. Shawn does business in a very honest up front way and I would recommend him to anyone needing a contractor. Many people have stopped me in the driveway and said my house looks like a new house, it is 30 years old, I attribute this transformation to Credible Construction and Shawn.

Description of Work
My whole house was renovated from bottom to top , it was a foreclosed property, Credible Construction handled all aspects of the job.

Category decks, flooring contractor, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

02/19/2014

L Kathryn S.

Shawn is a hard worker with an eye to detail. You couldn't ask for a more positive experience for almost any type of home construction and repair. He listens to what you want to have done and sets out to do it as carefully and inexpensively as possible. He's an intelligent problem-solver, and has a pleasant personality besides!

Description of Work
Shawn built a combination workshop/art studio next to our house. He also rebuilt our deck.

Category home builders

are amazing customers and it has been such a pleasure to work for them. We look forward to doing more work together in the future.

11/01/2013

Deborah T.

Sean came to look at the job on the day we called him and had an estimate to us within a day. He got the job done in 5 consecutive days, showing up each day at the time he said he would. His workmanship was excellent and he kept the jobsite very clean and neat, vacuuming as needed and keeping all his tools and materials corralled in one area so as not to clutter our living space over night. Sean is very polite and respectful, and we would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Replaced 5 sliding doors and the exterior trim

Category remodeling

It was an absolute pleasure to work for you and I hope that we can do more projects together in the future!

07/06/2013

Ken B.

Shawn is fast, but accurate. He worked in an assembly line fashion by first removing all old windows, prepared each window frame, installed the new windows, then insulated and caulked. I've already talked to him about another project.

Description of Work
Installed five Pella replacement windows, including trim. Insulated and caulked all windows inside and out. Old windows hauled away. The cost quoted included materials and labor.

06/10/2013

KRISTI S.

If I could give a higher rating I would have. My property in Dover had a vapor barrier issue with a back apt and some City of Dover ordinance issues such as electrical (hardwired smoke detectors). Shawn was the third contractor I contacted on this issue, first one gave me a $25.000.00 quote and the other one gave me no promises with a $14,000.00 price tag. Shawn and I met as arranged formulated a plan to rip off the roof remove insulation and contract a spray form insulating company to come out and bring it to code. We also had Bill Colbath put in the hard wired smoke detectors and take care of electrical issues with the apt. Shawn knew I was on a tight deadline of June 1st , since it's a rental every month empty is lost income to me. Being typical NE weather we had a wet May and he couldn't start to rip off the roof until the last Thursday of the Month. What I loved about him is that he took photos and communicated with me constantly. Since I live in VA and this was long distance it was really important. spray form insulation people came out Saturday and then we ran into some issues with the city inspector that could get out to the house until Tuesday. Needless to say Monday we had rain! But true to form Shawn communicated the issue with me and went as far as shopvacing under the tarp to dry things up. While inside the apt he identified a carpet my tenant replaced didn't have padding so we added that to the list. Over and above the contract , he painted , purchased two kitchen cabinet and installed them, fixed a kitchen door. Needless to say the inspection went as planned and passed and he was able to complete the work. My tenant moved in on the third... and his final bill came in no more then the original price ( he saved money on supplies!). I will be using his services again and Please don't hesitate to use his services ..... you wont me sorry. All done with his work the insulation people and the electrical the project was right about $10,000.00 and I'll never have a vapor issue again.

Description of Work
Shawn tore off roof with a vapor barrier issue, contracted and coordinated with Electrician and blown in insulation company to complete the project on time. Provided extra services of painting , putting in kitchen cabinets and carpet.

Category remodeling, roofing, home builders

[Member name removed] was great to work for and understanding. I kept her up to date as she lives far from the project. I look forward to working with her again!

04/29/2013

Ken B.

Each project completed impressed me with the quality of the work and the reasonableness of the cost. I definitely have a few more and quot;projectsand quot; in mind, And I will definitely wait in line to have them completed by Credible Construction.

Description of Work
The categories available to rate this service really don't fit, but I'll give it a try. I've had five projects completed by Credible Construction (Shawn Billings): 1, My entry door didn't fit right due to settling of the building - the door was reset into the frame, and now fits perfectly. 2. My kitchen ceiling had a large hole in it due to a burst pipe. After it was drywalled, it was plastered and sanded to the point of being ready for paint. 3. My drop-down stairs to the attic were 30 years old and sketchy - now replaced by an aluminum heavy duty stairs/ladder. 4. The small half-batrhroom had a door that swung in, barely missing the toilet. I hated that with a passion! You had to step next to the toilet in order to close the door. Now the door swings out, and the room is truly a functional room. 5. All of the second floor windows (seven) were replaced in approximately three hours. Unbelievable! I watched his attention to detail and insistence on following through (no shortcuts). Perhaps my list seems petty when compared to people who do major remodeling or reconstruction. But these things have made my home more comfortable, presentable to others, energy efficient, and resellable.

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, home builders

08/14/2012

Fritz G.

He came to work on time and put in a full day's work. He is a hard worker with a can-do attitude. It doesn't hurt that he has a sense of humor. You should hire this guy.

Description of Work
Swawn Billings was one of two full-time carpenter who stick-buit our new house from Oct 2011 thru Mar 2012. His tasks included framing, roofing and flooring

Category home builders

This was a great job to work on. Everyday was a welcoming experience.