Barry's Home & Commercial Repair

Founded 1992 • With Angi since March 2012

PO Box 9

Derry, NH 03038

owner at job sight at all times...

02/12/2013

Quentara C.

Job took 2 days, in which many trips to Home Depot were made, but that's fine. Barry and his father were very polite and seemed to be taking the job very seriously. They thought the job would take 1 day but when it went into 2 days he said it would cost another $150 plus whatever they were spending at Home Depot. I was fine with that. Job ended up being $900. I took a quick look before they left and all seemed to be fine until I went in to give the room a serious cleaning. Then I realized that any thing you'd describe as a detail or finish was not done at all! -The grain of the tile wasn't all going in the same direction like the rest of the floor. -The grout between the tile sunk in certain spots -The tile otherwise seemed to be done well to fit around the pipes, etc. -The mirror and lights aligned perfectly with eachother, but were inches off from being center with the vanity -The holes behind the mirror were never patched -The molding to the left of the vanity was good, but the molding behind the vanity looks incomplete. It needed to be shortened about an inch to fit. Looks like he shortened it 5-6 inches by mistake, then tried to fill in the hole with a scrap piece but still left a gap. -I opened the vanity door to find that the drywall around the new pipes was never done, so I can completely see into the wall. -The pipes all looked good otherwise and that seemed to be a big job to reroute everything into the wall and come out at the correct spot in order not to have to butcher the vanity. I was happy about that! -The main pipe did immediatey start leaking the first time I used it. I decided to handle the grouting issue and mirror alignment myself. Figured the light is staying where it is and the tiles are staying where they are and not to worry about it! I did call Barry back to fix the leaking pipe, as that was my main concern. I also asked if he could redo the piece of molding along the back. I even said I'd pay for the cost of a new piece. Once he got to the house I wanted to see what he said about the drywall but in the meantime put a piece of cardboard around the pipes to hide the mess -He returned my call and said he'd be there that coming Thursday. -Called on Thursday and said the job he was doing would take too long. -Called on Saturday and he said he'd swing by, but never did -----In the meantime the pipe not only leaked but smelled of sewage! -Called again Sunday but never answered -Called the following weekend and stressed that I had a number of overnight guests that would be using the bathroom soon and the pipe really needed to be fixed... but never returned my call -Finally gave up and had someone else fix the pipe So while I liked Barry as a person, I'm upset he never really finished the job. I'm not sure what a job like this would have cost somewhere else. Maybe $900 is a steal so you have to expect this. I'll let you decide!

Description of Work
Barry came over for a free estimate of work to install a new 38" bathroom vanity. Job included: -re-working the plumbing or modifying the vanity to fit the pipes. Pipes came out too low in the wall and the faucet pipes came up from the floor instead of the wall... meaning either holes would have to be cut into the vanity or they'd have to be rerouted into the wall. -moving the vanity into the bathroom (we already removed the old one and put new vanity right outside the door) -tiling the footprint of the original vanity (we had matching tile and grout on hand) -removing, moving, and installing a new bathroom light -Hanging new mirror -patching up holes that were behind the old mirror and from the original light fixture -putting or modifying molding on 2 walls so it properly fit around the new vanity -Original quote was $650, which he felt would include any materials

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service

01/08/2013

eileen S.

Barry did a great jod and woked as a true professional the whole time. In my opinion was he was a true value, an great person to work with.

Description of Work
Barry did all the insulation and drywall in my kitchen, installing,tapping and sanding the walls. He also painted the walls' woodwork, and moldings. He also installed cement board to my kitchen floor and put in my new title floor, and back splash for the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, drywall

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    Paul Duren Incorporated

I have been in the painting industry for 25 years. we specialize in interior / exterior painting, powerwashing, deck refinishing, cabinet refinising. My company is owner operated my crew is detailed oriented we take pride in all phases of the job.

Color Life Painting

Color Life Painting has a professional painting team with a lot of experience. We provide superb quality, care and we are dedicated to our craft. We're owner operated and would love to take on your project. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. We are offering free estimates and would love to look at any upcoming project you have in your home. Have a question? Call us or click for a free quote today!

General home repairs, handyman jobs, flooring, ceramic tile repairs and installation, decks & porches, kitchen & bathroom remodeling.