Precision Door Service

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2006

4924 S 135th St

Omaha, NE 68137

Thank you for visiting Precision Garage Door Service of Omaha, Nebraska. We are a locally owned family business that specializes in residential and commercial garage door and opener repair, garage door and opener sales, service, and installation. For many years, we have served as a professional dealer of garage doors, garage door openers and related products throughout Nebraska. Whether your needs are for your home or business, Precision Garage Door Service of Omaha has the same commitment to providing top quality products and the very best service possible. For immediate service call today!...

07/05/2020

Don M.

Was very nice, knew what he was doing , would hire again.

Description of Work
Spring broke on my gradge door

Category doors

01/24/2018

Christopher T.

Garage opener broken on a Friday night. They came out Saturday and unhooked the garage so we could get out. Monday was the day of installation but the weather didn't cooperate. No big deal. We don't want anyone to put themselves in danger during a blizzard. James came out on Tuesday and installed the system within an hour or so. It was a budget hit but since our old system was installed in the 70's we figured it was worth it.

Description of Work
New garage door motor and system

07/21/2015

Karen S.

Garage door broke on a Sunday morning. Most Overhead door companies that I googled were closed Saturday & Sunday. Precision Door advertised 24/7 and answered immediately when I called. Was told no difference in price for weekend service. Said could have someone out from noon-2:00 but called back and was able to send a tech right over. Frankie arrived promptly and took care of replacing broken spring within 30 minutes. Explained charges before he began which I thought were high but figured I was paying a little more for excellent service. Service call $99, labor $89, Spring $139. I had a google coupon that reduced my bill. Came with a 5 year warranty.

Description of Work
Replaced broken garage door spring on double garage

03/06/2015

Michael F.

Outstanding Job, on time, very professional and clean up was above approach (cleaner than it was when they started).

Description of Work
Install two new garage doors and tracking.

02/07/2015

JOHN V.

They did it on there own and finished real fast

Description of Work
REPLACED THE ROLLERS,WIRES AND INSTALLED A GARAGE DOOR OPENER

10/23/2014

ryan M.

They walked into my open garage without even knocking on my door to let me know they were there. Then they tried to sell me every service under the sun, to a tune of over $800. I then explained I could not afford that price. The cost for two new springs online is about $50 bucks. They ended up charging me over $400 plus they talked me into new vinyl rollers that cost about $20. So I could have done this myself for about $70 bucks and they charged me $460 that's quite the mark up. Plus they are like used car salesmen. Totally unprofessional in my opinion. Only reason I had them do it was because I couldn't get my car out of the garage without them fixing it and I did not have time to wait for new springs to be shipped. After they left , I checked the average cost online for a service call to replace garage door springs. It was about $150 bucks. It was my fault for not getting quotes over the phone first. But they still could have used some integrity.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door springs.

10/16/2014

Ernest L.

Had a appointment set up , but they couldn't get here an that date. They did make it out here on 9/11/14, Adjusted the door and replaced the seal. Three days later the door seal is starting to roll on the bottom of the door. Called the main office in WI. and told them what was going on. Did tell them I called the office here in KC. Here in KC talked to someone and was told he did have enough people out that day of the appointment. When they did come out 3 people show up and was told that nothing could be done. I will not use them again, I just keep getting the run around from them. I have used them twice before and great work, wonder what happen this time.

Description of Work
Serviced garage door and replaced bottom door seal.

09/19/2014

Janie C.

Great job. They did what they said they were going to do on time and professionally. We love our new door.

Description of Work
Removed old garage door. Installed a new door and opener.

Category garage doors, doors

03/15/2014

Maria G.

Great job with a fast response time.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door springs, rollers and opener.

01/12/2014

Andrew C.

Great work. Excellent Service. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Precision Door Service Omaha Lincoln & Kansas City.

11/02/2013

John H.

Garage door torsion spring broke on a Saturday afternoon. Monday morning started phoning garage door repair services. The first four companies I called could not send anyone one out that same day. Called Precision Door Service and they said they could have a service tech there between 1 & 3 pm and possibly sooner. Tech phoned shortly after noon and said he would be at our place in about 20 minutes. Was there exactly when he said. Gave me a written estimate to replace the torsion spring. No hard sell. Had the repair complete in about 30 minutes as well as an inspection and lubrication of rollers. Very professional. Didn't try to sell me any unnecessary repairs or services. Very satisfied in all respects.

Description of Work
Replaced torsion spring for garage door, inspected garage door opener and performed routine maintenance.

10/29/2013

DORIS F.

Initially we were going to have a panel replaced on one of our garage doors. However, the damage to another garage door panel emerged. Since these panels had been discontinued, and only one was available, that replacement panel option was no longer feasible. Precision took the panel back at no cost and gave us a bid on new garage doors. Fortunately, we had already gotten bids from other companies on garage doors, and checked Angie's list, so we knew their bid was competitive and they had good reviews. We ordered the new doors from them that day. The new doors were scheduled for two weeks delivery but they were not available for over a month. Since it was not an emergency, we did not have a problem with the timing. When the doors arrived, they were the white rather than taupe. The installers insisted that they wanted us to have what we ordered and took back the doors. We liked the fact they wanted to customer to be happy. Two weeks later, the taupe doors arrived and were installed. We liked the installers and the quality installation that they performed. My husband wanted to add some trim and the installers explained how to do it. The installers were fast, friendly, and helpful. We love our new garage doors. The garage is much quieter, better insulated, and the appearance is greatly improved.

Description of Work
Installed three 9X7 one side steel garage doors.

06/08/2013

sam W.

I got home last night, and while walking in my door, heard a big BOOM. Turned around, and saw the tension spring was in half. So, I did some research on Angie's List and knowing that options would be limited on a Saturday morning and I did not have enough manpower to manually lift my garage door, so our two cars were trapped in our garage. I went down the list of and quot;best ofand quot; on Angie's List and started calling in order, but no luck due to no availability until next week or could sign me up for an emergency appointment at double the price. I finally got to Precision Door Service of Omaha and the lady on the phone was very nice saying that it will be no problem getting someone out today, but there is a two hour time window to make the appointment (which is great compared to other companies 4 hour time window) between 11am - 1pm. I was estatic that I had finally found someone! No kidding, the clock hit 11:01am and my doorbell rang. The repairman (Franky) was very nice and personable. He explained the procedure and went to work. After only 1/2 hour he was done! He had me come into the garage to show me all the replaced and repaired parts and opened and closed it for me that everything was working good. It was working great, even better than before, it was a lot smoother. He said he calibrated the door to make sure the two sides hit the ground at the same time. I thought this was great! He didn't have to do that but he wanted to make sure it was working to the best of its capability. He even explained that our prior owners did not put the correct seal on the bottom of the door, they had just glued on a doorstop! He told me that it works descent, I said that I would look into getting the right one, and he said they might have it at Menards if I was interested in doing it myself. Overall, these guys need to be at the top of your list for garage door repairs! Thanks again!

Description of Work
Repaired broken tension spring on garage door and re-attached cable pulleys. Plus calibrated the garage door to make sure everything was running smooth!

04/02/2013

DAVID T.

So far, first rate. I agree with other reviewer, John is very efficient and polite.

Description of Work
Spring broke. John came right away and on time. I asked about replacement doors. Ordered just what I was looking for. Price seemed in line with quick research. No sales hustle or hassle, just prompt quote and price consideration for the size of the job. Used them before to fix a spring so I know they do what they say. Story to be continued.

03/26/2013

Charles S.

They were good. The repair work has been fine. We haven't had any problems with it since.

Description of Work
They replaced the springs and the rollers on our garage door.

02/11/2013

Vanessa T.

John is an awesome service tech. Very polite and very helpful. He did the job correctly. I bought a house from an investment company who did not place the correct size doors, railings etc and failed to replace the termite damage found. I couldn't get my doors to function properly and called Precision Door. John was able to come out and assess the situation. John went above and beyond to make things right and correct all the problems. He took the time to carefully explain why my doors were going off balance and it all made sense. He stayed until the job was done. Hidden termite damage was found. He didn't have to replace the termite damaged frame, but wanted to make me a happy customer. John has since followed up with me to make sure everything is still okay. That is what I call customer service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Garage Door replacement - John went above and beyond

10/15/2012

Randy W.

They are a smaller outfit and we have had very good luck with them. They are very responsible and have emergency hours. Our door has been working fine. I appreciate that they are conscious about the cost of service. They were willing to work with me on payment by splitting the amounts into three parts.

Description of Work
They installed brand new garage door.

08/30/2012

Ronald W.

I am not happy with the cost and am unhappy with the explanation provided by Precision Door. I should have asked more questions. however, that is one of the reasons I joined Angie's List. I wish I would have stayed with the garage door company that we had used previously. they did a good job and are much less expensive. I feel like I was taken advantage of because I, obviously, needed the garage door fixed as soon as they could do it. I won't be using this company again. I have talked with Precision Door and have told them that I would be writing a review on Angie's List. When I called the competitor and asked for a price, it is important to note that I used the exact information I was given from Precision Door--I thought it would be unfair to ask for a different service. the difference between $164.95 and $60 is substantial in my mind.

Description of Work
Our garage door needed to be reset because a flagpole fell into the rail. I called at 9:00a.m. the repairman arrived at 1:00. I understand that I called and wanted repair the same day. The repairman spent approximately 15 minutes resetting the door. The bill was $164.95. I called the office to verify what the charges were and was informed that usually they charge an extra $110. After verifying the services performed, I called a competitor we have used previously (Overhead Door) and asked a price for the same services (as verified by the secretary at Precision Door). Overhead Door charges $60. Needless to say I should have verified the price in advance but assumed the rating on Angie's List could be trusted. I will be a wiser consumer in the future and I am now out $100.

08/03/2012

Reed H.

The actual work/service was good. Only complaint is that he was over an hour late from scheduled appt (which was at 8:00 am) and had to call to check on arrival. Never was clear why he was late though he did apologize. Total service charge was $80.00 but had $30 off coupon (I believe it was from their facebook site), which left a final total of $50 charge.

Description of Work
Garage door wasn't opening or closing properly. Service man re-aligned the sensors and gave advice (when requested) for proper maintenance.

05/03/2012

lynn R.

I called them at the last minute, and they sent a guy the same night. He was an hour late getting here. Once he got here he knew what he was doing and got right to it. He gave me an idea of what it would cost to replace the garage door. I would recommend him. Their rate was the same no matter when they came out. My overall experience with him was good. The price was reasonable. The quality of service was excellent. They were responsive.

Description of Work
He fixed my garage door.

03/22/2012

BRIAN E.

Loud bang, found broken spring. Had used Precision Door in the past - repairman was on site within 2 to 3 hours and made the necessary repairs. Recommended other repairs at the same time to avoid another service call in the near future.

Description of Work
Failed spring on garage door.

03/05/2012

Robert K.

I would give them an A for overall experience. The quality of their work was good and they were right on time. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They installed a new garage door with new railings.

02/11/2011

Robert K.

They were really good at what they did and he was fast. They saved me a lot of money. The guy's name was Rick and he did a really good job. I liked him. They were courteous and he thanked me for doing business with him and I thanked him for coming on such short notice. They came within 2 or 3 days of my call. He gave me a timeframe of when he would be there and he was there at the beginning of that timeframe. It only took about 2 hours for them to do the work. Their price was very comparable and a little bit better than others. I would call that same guy to do more work.

Description of Work
I got a door from Precision Door Service. They took the old door out and put in the new door.

07/18/2009

BRIAN E.

very well. prompt service, knowledgeable service person. also offered maintenance suggestions to extend life cycle.

Description of Work
repaired broken pulley wheels & cable on my garage door.

09/12/2008

Bev T.

The job went well. When there was a problem with the installation they sent a man out immediately and resolved the problem at no charge. They were professional and on time.

Description of Work
They replaced the rollers and a sprocket on my garage door.