Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Omaha

Founded 1953 • With Angi since August 2006

4.2

3425 Oak View Dr Suite 100

Omaha, NE 68144

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Omaha! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows,

03/05/2020

Rupal P.

Champion customer service and lifetime warranty is the best. We had 3 large picture windows with broken seals. These windows were installed 15 years ago. Champion came out and verified. We had the new windows installed today. Very happy, installers were neat and courteous. Thank you, Champion.

Description of Work
Replaced old champion windows

10/21/2019

JayJay F.

Great work and very professional. Kieth is very friendly and knowledgeable. Tony and Ben are skillful and would like to go extra steps to help solving the issues. Their team worked efficiently and every problem solved successfully and quickly. I am appropriate their work very much.

Description of Work
Replaces windows and doors

08/29/2017

Terry C.

The rep came and spent hours of our time and then never sent us a quote as promised. She ws nver heard from (by us) We will never consider Champion for any home improvement again.

Description of Work
15 new windows

07/31/2017

John G.

Champion field team did a great job installing. The quality of product is very competitive.

Description of Work
Window and patio door replacements.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, doors

03/16/2017

Fred A.

Could have gone any better..Amie & Mike sell there product well...call them.....

Description of Work
We were looking for a good quality windows for our home..so I called Champion for our first estimate .. well I did not need to call anyone else..two wonderful sales reps Amie & Mike came to our house and showed us what we wanted..Mike demistratied there product and showed us how well these windows are put together and how we would save money on our utilities..They had many styles of windows but they both helped us pick the right ones that would fit look very nice..they will be installed soon and will come back and let you know how that went...but if you need new windows call Champion and ask for for these two sales reps they know there stuff and will give you a great price....for now we are getting 5 windows..the main window in out livingroom then 2 bedroom 1 kitchen and bathroom window .....cant wait...

01/10/2017

Julia B.

They were puntual, efficient, & cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
3 Floor to Ceiling Windows

09/06/2016

Larry D.

We thought that they did a wonderful job. We have no complaints at all about the work that they did. In fact, the neighbors next door saw that we have them here and they had some of their windows done by them as well. As a result of that, Champion’s sent us $200 because of a referral and that was very nice but we had no idea we were going to get this money because we told the neighbors on how a good job they did. So we’re very pleased with the windows and we like the service.

Description of Work
They did our windows.

09/01/2016

Steven K.

Great ! 25% discount for purchase during the winter. They came out and measured the windows, the installers came out when they said they would, the work was done correctly and in a timely fashion. They look good !!

Description of Work
windows installed

01/18/2016

Kevin N.

Product/sales pitch claims to have a "Lifetime" warranty. Simply not true. We have had many windows fail (broken seals) - it took more than a year for Champion to get measurements correct - crew was at the house more than 6 times due to failure by the crew to correctly measure the windows. They simply could not get it correct. Since that time we have had additional windows fail. Due to us not being the original owner who installed the windows, they refuse to replace the windows that have failed. I plan to replace the Champion windows as they fail with a quality product. I would never recommend Champion Windows - product is awful and service is worse.

Description of Work
Replaced multiple defective windows.

12/30/2014

Richard J B.

Terrible. They used a third party independent contractor who tore the existing door out along with the siding. Then attempted to install the door which was measured incorrectly and was too small. Tried to cover everything up with caulking and sped off. A simple job for a professional took another 4 weeks to repair, paint and reinstall. They wanted to do it after hours so you know they were working for free.once it finally got done, demanded payment immediately without any compensation for poor work and lateness of job.

Description of Work
Replace patio door with Andersen french doors.

Category siding, doors

12/23/2014

Bonnie L K.

1. The salesman from Champion, Geoff Shinn, was well versed regarding the windows and patio doors I wished to install. He was courteous and helpful to assist me in purchasing exactily what I wanted. 2. He personally measured each window. My orders and requests were professionally completed in a timely manner. 3 The installers left no messes for me to clean up. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Champion Windows Company . Their courtesy, professionallity and timely service was excellent!

Description of Work
1. Reworked my windows in my townhome so I can open them. 2. Put new windows in my sun porch so I can use same all year round. (7) 3. Provided a responsible individual to insulate beneath deck of sun porch. (7) 4. I also had a sliding glass patio door leading from Living room and one automatic "Doggie Door" installed in sun room. 5. Changed style of my kitchen window over sink to an awning window so wind wouldn't catch it. 6. Replaced windows to patio door in my bedroom leading out to a small deck.

Category awnings, decks, replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

03/29/2014

David B.

We asked a NUMBER of representatives from the 2013 Century Lind Home & Garden Show to provide us estimates; Champion presented the best overall value based on their lead-base-paint screening, window construction quality, and price. we were told at the original estimate they pulled all necessary permits and the homeowners did not need to do anything. Next time we'll trust but VERIFY with our local building inspection office.

Description of Work
Yes it's been a while since Champion did this work, a LONG time. However, in checking with my local building inspectors about additional home improvements, I discovered Champion did NOT file for building permits with my City Office. They replaced five of six windows, converting four double hung into large sliders for extra light which we enjoy. One of their mathematically challenged installers needed help and applied the measure twice cut once principle; HE USED OUR WALL FOR HIS MATH CALCULATOR and wanted us to know he's skilled! This new information caused the down grades in my rating them.

03/17/2014

Kieth B.

The salesman was very professional and not pushy like the others we had in our house. We had Champion wait to do the install because of the cold weather, which they were ok with. When we did have the installation done the installer Corey did a fantastic job and even cleaned up every bit of mess. We're thinking of doing a sunroom next and we would use Champion again.

Description of Work
Champion installed 22 windows and 1 sliding door in our house.

Category replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

12/23/2012

Ronald N.

For most part I was happy with installers. Lead by Corey who seemed to care about the groups workmanship. They did all of it in two days and if i remember one of the days it had snowed lightly. Corey came back by himself to finish the outside door on a Saturday, so i would not have to take a day off from work. Would i recommended them, yes.

Description of Work
Taking out 1930's windows and installing new double hung windows. And replacing one outside door.

12/05/2012

Linida L.

The door opening was not square. They came out ahead of time to look at it and assured me they could adjust the door I ordered to fit. And, they did just that! It works beautifully.

Description of Work
I made several changes to my order. They were so patient with me when I couldn't make up my mind. The result is, I got the door I really wanted.

Category doors

11/16/2012

Diane M.

Some of the wraps had buggies. Complained. Some fixed. High winds made some wraps buckle. They just put nails in it.

Description of Work
Shutters and wrap windows. I will NEVER call Champion again.

11/14/2012

Roger B.

They showed up in a timely manner and were done quickly. Did a good job. No problems.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding on 2 apartment buildings

Category siding

11/13/2012

Chad P.

It took us a while to get them to put the front door in properly. We are still having issues with the front door; I can't slide the window down and no one has told me how that could be fixed. The installation of the back door was good. It did take them a while to clean up the work on the back door, but they finally came and picked it up. The pricing went well because we used their specials. Ultimately, they were professional, I am happy with the doors and they have a great product; we are just having issues with the front door.

Description of Work
They installed 2 doors.

10/25/2012

Brittany O.

They cancelled and had to reschedule after two months of waiting. Installation went smoothly but they have never been back to address my problem. I have called weekly for 2 months.

Description of Work
Replaced a new window with a big bay window in the front room of my house.

09/06/2012

RUTH R.

The day after install, it rained. Water was running through the inside track inside my house. I called and was told someone could come out the following Wed which was 6 days. I told them that was not acceptable and insisted until they sent out a person to look but he was just looking to verify my concern and I was told someone from Service would call. STALL TACTIC The installer came out on Sat on his own time, since he was concerned he had made an error but it was determined install was ok. I did not get a call back from service after 2 weeks so I called in and was given an appointment. Late, I got a call saying he was delayed but would be there in a couple hours. The person who showed up was not the service man but the guy who originally measured my windows and he again went over the window and determined it was installed correct. On July 11 the service manager came out. He said the doors were installed correctly but he did more caulking, more foam, worked on the handles since they had some problems and are now loose again and shimmed the doors so that the water ran out thru the weep holes on the inside track faster. HERE IS THE ISSUE. I do not water running into my house at all. When a door is shut the water is outside. Not so on these doors. The water hits the outside glass, runs down the window, under a cover type threshold and then runs into the track inside my home and then goes out. I am told this is normal and there is nothing wrong with the doors. When I asked about the the dirt and debris that was also coming in and of course the water, I was told that the water would eventually evaporate and that I need to just vacuum the track. But since the water is under the doors, it will take a long time for the water to evaporate, plus there is a foam barrier in there to help slow down the running water and seal the door. This could also hold mold in my opinion since it sits but if a household vacuum is used the risk of being severely shocked or the vacuum damaged it high so now I will need a shop wet vac to keep the tracks clean. Tracks must be kept clean not only for housekeeping but also to prevent the weepholes from plugging up so water will drain. The weepholes were enlarged on July 11 by the service manager so basically I now have water that is diverted into my home, it runs out thru these weepholes which are now open to bugs coming in. I can not hang drapes or use rugs in fear they would touch the track and wick up water. This is a finished basement. After all the shimming, caulking etc the service man took our hose, put it on a light spray against the window. The same thing with even a light spray, water was diverted down the glass, under the threshold, into my house in the track and ran out the weepholes. The service man's assistant was told to wipe the water out of the track since I have trouble getting up and down, but since it is under the door, under the threshold, it continued to seep up and would have to be part of the "evaporate eventually" process. I will not have an assistant to try to wipe up water in the future. I can not cart a wet vac around and we did put one of these patio doors upstairs so I will need 2 wet vacs We had some trouble with the handles and the service man did come out when they were installing. Then when he was here in July he had to work on them again and now the handle is loose but I feel this is a minor issue if I can't get them to even call. The service manager said that is what it is. He called the factory rep and was told that the test of whether the product failed is if we took a pitcher of water and poured it slowly on the inside track(in house track) and it drained, I asked how it was determined to be slow, whose slow? And there are days we get some rain with 50 mp wind so how will that seal. I am concerned about leaving because if it rains, I could come back to a flooded basement. If it snows and the weepholes are covered with snow or ice, they can back up water. The service man said keep the patio free of snow . Since this door sits on a concrete pad, I will have to sweep even an inch of snow off to protect the weepholes and we live in Nebraska. This could be a full time job. When we mow we must blow all grass particles off the slab and any that may fly onto the glass or they will be inside our home and the process starts over. We can not get a response from Champion Window. I call, they are out and someone will call back, I sent a letter and a month and a half later I got a nasty gram saying I had basically 5 days to pay or they would put a lien on this and start legal action. I called immediately on receipt of that letter, the day before the Labor Day long weekend, and the manager that sent the letter was out. He has someone who takes his place and I was told he would be given the message. No call. I called the office on the following day after holiday and left a message. No call back. I called the next day and was told the manager I wanted was out until the 17th of Sept and the message had been given to the next manager but he was on a conference call and would call me. No call today yet. There is no customer service. All that good customer service we were promised only lasted until the sale was complete. The only thing good so far is that we financed these thru GE Capital and after discussing this with them when we could get not response from Champion, they put a hold on payment. I have talked more with finance then Champion. They said they would contact Champion to see if they could not push this along and it might make a difference in us getting some results. 2 days after I talked to them(one of many discussions) I got the nasty gram about legal action. We are still on hold and I called GE CApital yesterday and asked that they put a note on my acct that I am working on this and have filled a formal complaint with the Attorney General in Nebraska and the Better Business Bureau. Champion is a member of our Better Business Bureau. I feel I gave them every opportunity and plenty of time to deal with this but now feel it is the time to warn others of the type of business this is and start filling formal complaints. Bad Product, NO customer service.

Description of Work
Replace 2 sliding patio doors and one non active window with a slider type window.

08/19/2012

Cheryl M.

I had done my homework on comparing siding companies in the Omaha, and even contrasted vinyl against steel. I went with Champion's because they were the manufacturer AND installer, and their attention to detail and quality of product. The one attention to detail was that they miter all of their corners As a single mom, I was looking for whatever discounts I could. The salesperson said he would give me a 20% discount, and made it seem like he was cutting me a special deal. But a couple days later when I was watching a commercial for Champions, the 20% was a discount they were offering everyone, so I felt a little like his "generosity" was a sales job. .I knew it was going to be a "wait" before I received the call with an installation date -- was told they were about 5-8 weeks out on installation. When I received the call for installation I was very excited to get the process started. The first step was to get the materials delivered to my home. It SOUNDED on the phone like the materials would be stacked in the grass on either one side or the other of the driveway (unlike most people, my son and I DO use both sides of our garage to park our vehicles!) but when I came home, the supplies were all stacked on one side of the driveway, blocking my son's side of the garage. And that's where they remained during the whole process -- we had to really maneuver to get around these items. The work crew were VERY hard workers and sadly for them the install was during the hottest weather we've ever had (100+ degree heat!).I was told the install would take between 3-5 days. Work happened the first three days, then all of a sudden the 4th day (the coolest day of the week) I came home from work and the work crew had not touched the house. I kept leaving messages for the installation manager (not very responsive). Eventually the fifth day a different crew showed up and attempted to finish.Getting the completion done was such a run-around. I finally did get a hold of the installation manager, and met him at my house to point out the things that needed to be completed. Flashing was missing under my deck sliding door and the back yard light had been mis-wired and kept blowing fuses.Communication was VERY poor between the installation manager, his crew and me (the customer). I work very early hours, and the original crew showed up unannounced about 8:30 PM (when I am usually heading to bed) trying to fix the yard light, when there was little sunlight left.The back yardlight was never fixed. My son had to consult an electrician: the way the wires were left inside the fixture could have caused a fire! Fortunately, with the electrician's advice, my son was able to properly re-wire the light so that it worked and was safe. A couple times during the installation manager did call me to check and see if the work had been "done." My answer was "no" every time. This may be a given in the construction industry, but only one person on the installation crew spoke broken English: nearly the entire construction crew did not speak a word of English. I believe this was part of the communication problem. Are the only construction workers in Omaha Spanish-speaking? If this is the case, Champions should hire bi-lingual installation managers. I kept providing cold water and tea every hour on the hour to these young men during the main part of the installation. When the construction crew was at the house, they parked diagonally in my driveway: same thing when coming back at night to attempt to repair the back yard light: Seriously? Maybe it's a cultural thing and I was annoyed to boot because it was so late in the evening and virtually no daylight for them to work from. The most annoying thing about this experience is that I had to constantly keep calling to get the job completed, and get it done right. $14,000 is the single biggest investment I've made in my home in the 13 years I've been here, and I expected much better service than I was receiving. It would take anywhere from 24-48 hours to hear back from the installation manager. The receptionist and I were on a first name basis! Finally at the end I asked for the general manager's name, as I had grown weary of the lack of response from the installation manager. Again, no call back, even from the general manager (who I told was in training), but that was the night the original crew "showed up" at 8:30 PM to attempt to fix the yard light, so am guessing that was in response to my call. I had to call to see if/when anyone was going to come back and pick up the leftover materials that were still in the driveway. A single young man came unannounced (luckily my son was home and offered to help him load up the materials). The young man was very grateful for the help, stating he always gets "stuck" picking up materials all by himself so was grateful for my son's assistance. Although the crew did a fairly good job picking up after themselves, there were lots of nails/shards of sharp materials strewn around the foundation. I would recommend that Champions take a large magnet and sweep the worksite before the leave. We're still picking up nails/etc. Then I just got a call this week from the installation manager, asking if everything was done to my satisfaction: I said yes, except for the yard light situation. He asked if I had signed and mailed in my completion form. I said "no" and he asked if the crew had not left the form with me to sign. I said no, they hadn't. Again, he seemed frustrated with the crew and said he'd mail the form out to me, which I finally have in my possession. Again, another example of poor communication. Overall, the quality of the material is wonderful, and my house looks beautiful: the nicest looking one on the block now! However, the process was maddening. No communication, poor communication, not letting me know when the crew was going to show or not show, virtually no returned calls from the installation manager or even the general manager. Even just a quick call back to me saying, "ma'am, I am so sorry the crew didn't show today. I will find out what happened and will give you a call with what I find" would have been appreciated. Just KEEP YOUR CUSTOMER INFORMED -- please.

Description of Work
Had complete siding job, including soffits and facia, but not gutters.

Category siding

08/05/2012

Joanie S.

They called before they came out, they were on time and very professional and efficient, I believe Cory was the supervisor and than another Cory, and Tyler were helping take out and install the new windows. They worked at a good pace, took the time to make sure that everything was installed correctly and did it all in one day. I think they were out of here in 8 hours. Very happy with their service and the product itself.

Description of Work
Remove old windows and install new ones.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for your review on Angie's List. We appreciate all feedback in order to improve our service to our customers

02/27/2012

Jade B.

Take my advice...NEVER USE CHAMPION WINDOWS IN OMAHA I wish I would have read the reviews before hiring these snowball artists We purchased some new windows for our stair well so they would open (they had just been panes previously). Then the sales person talked us into replacing out patio door with two that would open opposite each other to give us a huge screened opening. We were told at the time that we would get a call to schedule the work but it may not be for quite a few weeks as there was a back log. That was no problem. We waited and waited for 8 weeks and finally called and we were told that they were "just about to call us to get something scheduled". Okay, no problem...we got it scheduled. I work in Lincoln so took the day off to be at home when the installers got there. They showed up with the two windows for the stairwell but not the double patio door. I was told by one of the installers that it was back ordered and he was suprised I didn't already know that...I was suprised as well. I called and asked what the status was, talked to Randal and he apologized for the fact that he hadn't called but that we would have to reschedule the double patio door installation for when they arrived. I agreed and he said that he didn't know when it would be....Mind you, this was middle of September 2011. I didn't hear ANYTHING from Champion windows for a full 6 weeks and it was only when I called to cancel the double patio that I heard back from Randal saying I could cancel them but I would still have to pay for them and if I didn't pay for them they would take me to court. He said they came in "That day". I said "fine" and asked when they would be installed and he said he would call me back....They were finally installed another 4 weeks later. So, the windows we bought on July 7th were finally fully installed on Decemdber 3rd...6 months later.

Description of Work
Windows and patio doors

10/25/2011

Jan W.

The installers were professional, very fast, on time and neat. There was nothing left but some sawdust. The only complaint I have is that they broke one window during installation and we are still waiting on that window to be replaced. They have since explained the delay and we have an installation date scheduled. But I had to hound them to get that information rather than them proactively informing me. Overall, happy we went with Champion, very pleased with installation experience and now we can't hear anything that goes on outside which is great. We still have a few windows that need replaced in the future. We will not hesitate to go with Champion again.

Description of Work
Needed to replace several windows in our house. Received estimates from 3 companies (Renewal by Anderson, Pella, Champion). They all did long annoying sales presentations and they all had something negative to say about the others. But after a lot of research and going to the showrooms, going with Champion was a no-brainer. Pros: only one with a lifetime guarantee on the windows, parts and screens, lowest price, vinyl windows seemed clearly the highest quality including the durability of the crank out mechanism.

12/01/2010

Wendy B.

I liked their windows and the timeframe they gave me. I liked the price and the salesman. I called them to set up an estimate and they came out.

Description of Work
We used Champion Windows Siding to put in 13 windows.