1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2006

4341 S 89th Street

Omaha, NE 68131

1-800-GOT-JUNK? is a full-service junk removal company. We'll remove almost anything – from old furniture and appliances to garden waste and renovation debris. Plus, we do all the loading and cleanup, wherever the items are – you don't even need to get it to the curb!

09/10/2018

Lyle J.

Great! Super fast and punctual but very expensive. But they are willing to show on a minutes notice which is awesome.

Description of Work
Hauled away a bed, small kitchen table, small table and a heavy couch.

04/12/2017

Patty S.

It went well, they were very professional and worked quickly. They charge by the footage used in their trucks but they packed the trucks very well, so I felt like I received the most 'bang for my buck'. They run a little higher than some other places but I was pleased to hear that they recycle everything they can, they don't just take everything to the dump. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I had furniture, and stuff. removed from our basement.

12/09/2015

Laura W.

They arrived with 3 men on time and ready to work. Most of the items removed had to be hauled up from our basement. Lots and lots of repetitive up/down the stairs. These guys worked at an amazing pace and all the while were pleasant and extremely respectful. If they came across an item that they thought was valuable and we may not wish to discard, they brought the item to us and asked (even a checque from Christmas that hadn't been cashed). We were so impressed with the amount of work they got done for the price that we asked them to return the following day to remove more items. We've recommended them heartily to anyone and everyone who might have the slightest interest in this type of service. It is comforting to know that most items are donated or recycled, and not everything was going to the dump. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Helped us downsize about half of our household in preparation for moving from a 3700 sq. ft. home to a 1200 sf. townhome.

01/21/2015

Donald D.

I called them at 10:30 am. Their truck with 2 two clean-cut young men arrived at 11:45am. They man handled the heavy hot tub from the deck, up a steep slope to the front of the house and loaded it into their dump truck. They also took an old lawn mower, tangled up Christmas lights, and a sack of misc. junk. They were done and gone at 12:10 pm. Great service!

Description of Work
Removed a Hot Tub from rear deck for disposal.

01/03/2015

Mitch A.

Great Service! I called to get a quote, with the option of them providing service at the same time if the estimate was to my liking (and it was). Fees start at $99 and increase based on the amount of space your stuff takes up on the truck, I believe a full truck was around $400. I was given two price points based on the guys observation of my stuff and the final was on the money. Guys were very professional and polite. I was given a call in the morning to confirm when they would arrive and they were on time. They hauled the stuff out of the house and into the truck. I will likely not haul anything to the dump myself again. I don't have a pickup or a second set of hands to help me, so this is definitely the best route. This would have taken me multiple trips to the dump and or recycling center, these guys were in an out in an hour.

Description of Work
Hauled off an upright freezer, treadmill, TV's, chair, other misc household items

12/10/2014

Susan A.

They did their job quickly and thoroughly.

Description of Work
As soon as they arrived, they began filling their truck with the junk on our side yard. They were courteous and on time, and were done in a matter of minutes! I also showed them the pile in the garage and the items cleaned out of the shed. Though he wasn't sure it would all fit in his truck, he made sure it did. He and his crew were able to lift heavy items without strain or complaint. They cleaned up every last little bit. Items hauled away: empty paint cans, partially full paint cans, aerosol cans, scrap wood, pottery, broken tools, small furniture and a waterbed mattress. I definitely would use them again.

10/13/2014

Susan B.

They were punctual and professional. They did give us break in price on the mattresses but we felt that the price was still too high because we did not even come close to filling the truck. And for that reason, we probably won't use them again.

Description of Work
Picked up a mattress and box springs and a few other things.

09/10/2014

ALAN E.

They were fantastic to work with. They did a very great job. They took everything that i wanted them to. There was a couple of thinks they could not take like paint. Which is totally understandable. They came exactly on time and were very fast with there work. I very much recommend them. They double checked with me on everything to be sure it was to be taken or not. Thanks for your great work.

Description of Work
I had them come and clean out two rooms full of junk collected over many years,

08/26/2014

glenda C.

They did a very good job ,very fast about doing it.

Description of Work
Remove 2 couches and a bed frame.

08/26/2014

Shirley A T.

Efficient and quick! We had used the services of 1-800-GOT JUNK previously, and the same two men returned and once again did an outstanding job. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs 'junk' removed!

Description of Work
Removed old newspapers, bills, boxes, and clutter from two rooms of home.

06/21/2014

Margaret B.

They were scheduled between 9-11 called to see if they could be there 845. They showed up removed the entire hot up and cleaned area in less than an hour. My only complaint is that they cleaned up the area so well it made the rest of the deck look bad. Not an actual complaint. They were friendly and extremely professional. I would use them again to remove furniture and whatever else I would need done.

Description of Work
Removed an 8 person hot tub from a deck.

Category hauling services, remodeling, home remodeling

05/06/2014

Joseph M.

The called and said they would be there at 10:30am..they arrived right on scheduled. The explained to me their pricing. I received a discount for scheduling online. Within 5 minutes, the fridge was removed. Excellent work!

Description of Work
Hauled and removed a refridgerator

04/14/2014

Jamie S.

They took two sofas, a chair and love seat as well as a gas grill. They were able to haul it away the same day which was very helpful.

Description of Work
They contacted me back the same day and was able to pick up the same day. The men who came to the house were courteous and helpful.

02/04/2014

Julie U.

I checked out the ratings for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? on Angie's List first. They seemed pretty good so I went to their website and booked the date and time. It was very easy to do. They send you a confirmation email along with a password for you to access your information. On the morning of my appointment, they called and said they were running ahead of schedule and asked if it would be okay to come a bit early. It was fine with me (my appointment was between 9:30AM to 11:30AM.) They got to my house about a half hour early. There were 2 very nice young men who explained the pricing structure. I showed them all of the items I needed to have hauled away and they gave me an estimate which I approved. The estimate was actually higher than the final amount which was nice ($239 vs. the final actual amount of $179.) I had a lot of bulky items (recliner, entertainment center, desk, cabinet, old garbage bins, artificial Christmas tree, and a lot of other miscellaneous stuff.) They broke down whatever they could so the items took up less space than they originally estimated. They were done in about 20 minutes. It was terrific service. I would highly recommend them and use them in the future.

Description of Work
Removed old furniture and lots of other assorted "junk" from my house, basement, and garage.

09/08/2013

Mark S.

I called and made an appoitment to talk about my 32and quot; TV set. I was very interested in making sure it was properly recycled. I was also concerned about the cost. My first contact was with the 800 call center. It was a great experience. The person I talked to was cheerful and very helpful. While she couldn't answer any questions about cost but she explained the process and I was ok with her explanation. She tried to contact the local provider directly for my city, but I had called too late in the day. I was assured someone would call me the next morning. At 9am, I was contacted by the local provider. He explained the pricing model. The minimum charge is $99.00. It is based on how much of the truck I would need. He was ready to visit my house on that day but we settled on the next day in the early afternoon between 1pm and 3pm. He told me he would call me at 12:30pm to tell when I could expect the truck. He called at 12:30pm as promised and told me to expect the truck between 1:15pm to 1:30pm. The truck arrived at 1:20pm. The two individuals were very professional and helpful. They were sensitive to my property and wore protective booties over their shoes. They looked over the job and confirmed this would cost $99.00. The whole job took no more than 30 minutes. If you need to get something haulded away, this is a great company to use. I will say, at first, I thought they were going to be too expensive. Don't get me wrong, $99.00 is expensive enough except when I add in these facts. It took two guys to carry my old TV. I wasn't interested in doing this and there is a recycle fee to get rid of TV's because they can't go to the landfill. All things considered, I was able to get rid of an old TV which I had for more than 15 years. It was a please watching someone else struggle to get it into the truck. Use them, you won't be sorry!!

Description of Work
They removed a 32" TV from my second floor house. It is the old style which means: "heavy".

05/23/2013

Ruthmarie V.

It went very well. They arrived within minutes of when they said they would, gave me my quote, once I agreed they were in and out in less than an hour. I had taken 1/2 a day of PTO not knowing what to expect and I could have taken care of this over an extended lunch hour. I was very pleased and would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
They came and hauled off an adjustable bed. Broke it down and carried it out. The base was extremely heavy.

04/02/2013

katherine T.

They offered excellent service.They called ahead, showed up on time and quickly loaded the unwanted items.

Description of Work
We were moving and had a bunch of junk that needed hauling including car tires and a lawn mower.

03/14/2013

Kristi G.

They were on time, extremely polite and helpful and did a great job! I would definitely hire them again and recommend them!

Description of Work
Removed love seat, kids kitchen, book shelf and an exercise bike.

01/30/2013

DALLAS M.

We had 4and quot; of snow that morning, but they didn't cancel. Brandon and Andrew called when they said they would, and arrived when they said they would. They wore uniform shirts. They were polite, friendly, professional and easy going. I had extra items beyond what I had warned them about, and they didn't bat an eye. and quot;Sure, we'll take it.and quot; I had a water softener full of water and salt, and even though they didn't have a dolly, they still took it. They wore protective boot covers and did not track snow into the house. They broke down the bookshelves and entertainment center so they would not take up as much space on the truck - and saving me $100. The price is based on how much of the truck you fill. I filled 3/4 of the truck for $399.00. It was worth it. Getting rid of that stuff was a huge relief. Thank you VERY much.

Description of Work
VERY HAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY.

12/19/2012

Ron M.

They did a good job overall and they were very nice men, but they were unreasonably expensive.

Description of Work
They hauled away some items.

09/06/2011

Barry G.

I scheduled an appointment through their website for the next day to haul away an upright piano. They contacted me and verified the time and price. Two men arrived during the scheduled time, one had the piano loaded in about 5 minutes. Normally they charge by the amount of space your "junk" takes up, but in certain cases they'll charge more for really heavy items (like a piano). I rated them a "C" on price because they charged more for the piano even though it only took one guy to get it into the truck in 5 minutes or less. Still, overall they were prompt, easy to deal with, the pricing is listed on their website, and the two men who came out were very courteous. If I had other items that I couldn't haul away myself I would use them again.

Description of Work
They loaded and hauled off an upright piano.

07/08/2011

anne K.

Everything turned out great! Their employees arrived on time, and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
They hauled away unneeded items in the midst of a move.

07/07/2011

steve S.

Our experience went very well. Since then, we've received a few follow up emails, which I like. We have no complaints whatsoever.

Description of Work
They arrived with truck and hauled away a bunch of things we were ready to pitch.

07/06/2011

alexander K.

We would most definitely use them again. Working with them was very easy. Their workers were fast, and made us feel very comfortable. They did a better job than what I expected of them. Also, it felt really good knowing that items would be recycled.

Description of Work
We've used their service twice.

07/06/2011

jane P.

My experience with them went very well. They arrived exactly on time, dressed in uniforms. Everyone was very professional. They are a little more money than other companies, but they do recycle all of the items they can. I think it's worth paying the extra money for the quality of their service.

Description of Work
They took some things out of my garage, as well as my home.