Capital City Exteriors

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2009

4400 N 48th St Ste 3

Lincoln, NE 68504

Our business is in Lincoln, NE and has been serving eastern Nebraska for over 19 years. We are a family based business that is ran by Nick Meinke and his wife Lacy Meinke. We help you with your entire project from start to finish. We come and give you an estimate. We have all employees and use no subcontractors. We take pride in our work and we have happy homeowners in the end. We specialize in home siding, replacement windows, seamless gutters and downspouts....

06/07/2018

Mary S.

Nick was very thorough when evaluating our roofs condition. Gave us a detailed assessment and quote. Once we signed the contract, the roof was completed within one week! Roof looks great, clean-up was amazing, team was professional and reliable. Everything was done when promised. This was exactly how one hopes a project will go!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Thank you for your kind words [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you!

09/18/2017

Heather S.

We were in a hurry to get our windows replaced because we had water coming in our main floor window and basement window due to a rotted out/badly installed upstairs window in a house that we just moved into. They were quick to give a quote, quick to install once the windows were in and the new windows look great. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the time from the quote to the time the windows were actually ordered. This was almost two weeks. If the contract could be electronically signed and credit card taken over the phone this would have been a much quicker process.

Description of Work
Windows replaced.

08/20/2017

Joshua S.

The project went very well. The crew showed up on time and were very professional. Access to the project foreman and owner were always available and responded timely for any questions and concerns that I had along the way. I could not be more happy with the siding product and their attention to details and workmanship. The work site was cleaned up at the end of each day. I would highly recommend Capital City Exteriors in the future to anyone needing these services. From our first meeting with Nick we were very confident that he knew his business and would provide us a great service and job well done. Travis, the project foreman was very knowledgeable and treated our project as if it were his own...very conscientious about detail.

Description of Work
Complete house siding and trim of windows and doors and gutters and soffit and facia.

Category gutter repair, siding

Thank your for your great feedback!

06/02/2017

Sarah J.

Very well. The work was done quickly and it looks great.

Description of Work
Windows, gutters, soffits, fascia, window and door trim

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are glad you are happy. Enjoy your windows.

04/17/2017

Brandon T.

Went well, they were able to get us on the schedule very fast.

Description of Work
Replace siding on north side of house.

02/12/2017

Jacquelyn H.

Outstanding! Nick & his crew were prompt, thorough & very professional. The work was done with care & pride. Materials were reasonably priced, carefully handled and installed with consideration for us & our pets. At all times the entire crew took great care of our property inside & out. Many many thanks. You were terrific to deal with.

Description of Work
Replacement of all windows & 2 doors, replacement of roof, gutters & downspouts.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, drain pipe

09/26/2016

Marsha L.

Came when scheduled. Did a fine job.

Description of Work
Installed new gutters and downspouts

05/05/2015

Cary C.

Nick was courteous and thorough in his inspection and explanation of what he intended to do. We wanted a small area of siding and trim repaired but Nick felt he couldn't do the repair properly without removing and replacing a very large (and expensive) area of siding. We decided to look for other bids.

Description of Work
Nick provided a bid and explained that our initial disconnect in communication was due to an Angie's List App malfunction. The bid was high for what we envisioned spending on the project (although it may not have been unreasonable because we hadn't as yet received competing bids).

11/03/2014

Ben A.

For a living, I am in development and sales so I have to spend of lot of time evaluating businesses that would be a good match. In our major home renovations over the last few years I use the same process...call all the best providers, select the exact project so the same work is quoted, and then get the best quality deal and the best price. Nick and his wife are phenomenal to work with. He used the best materials, had the best price by large margin, and gave great advice during the process. If you are looking at steel, vinyl, or hardyboard siding and gutters you really need to get in touch with Nick. Also, keep in mind that good work is hard to come by and the good ones are busy.

Description of Work
Nick and his group did a complete tear off on my two story home, installed new siding, home wrap, shutters, and gutters. They also installed an egress window and sided a new shed that we had built.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

09/15/2014

Shirley W.

Great, good company, good people to work with. Honest.

Description of Work
Replaced my old windows.

09/12/2014

Gregory S.

The bid was actually lower that what I was expecting. Once the contract was signed, they gave me an anticipated date when they would begin. They were about 3 weeks late starting the project, which I suspect was mostly weather related. Once they were here, it only took two weeks to complete the project. At this point, I am extremely pleased with the finished product. The house seems quieter and the exterior looks fantastic. My contacts with them (specifically Nick) were professional and I would recommend them (and have) to others wanting similar projects done.

Description of Work
Removed old siding and put up new steel siding. Also replaced fascia and gutters

09/02/2014

Michael F.

Description of Work
Provider did not show for scheduled appointment after confirmation email traffic. Contacted provider and was given excuses and denials on confirming appointment by wife and put the blame on the customer for not following through. Email traffic from Angies list messaging: Michael Ford 8/18/2014 Would like to get an estimate to have all windows replaced at 5000 Starr Street, Lincoln, NE 68504 Capital City Exteriors 8/19/2014 Michael, Would Wednesday the 27th work around 6:00? If not let me know some times that might. Thanks. Michael Ford 8/21/2014 The 27th at 1800 will work. Thanks Capital City Exteriors 8/21/2014 OK we will see you then. Thanks!

Category siding, replacement windows

[member name removed] We set up an appointment for the 27th. We asked you to confirm that it was going to work on the 26th and you never replied until the 28th. We had another appointment scheduled that night at 6, but still came over after, measured all the windows and gave you an estimate that night. You then scheduled another appointment at 7:45 am on Monday September 8th to go over product questions, and you never showed up. When I called you said you forgot what time we were supposed to meet. We take our appointments seriously and do not stand people up.

09/02/2014

Joseph B.

Excellent. Second time using Capital City exteriors for window replacement. Great service - prompt responses whenever contacted. Nick checks in regularly with his crew and we were never inconvenienced by the work. Nice job of cleanup as well. Can recommend without reservation. We will be using again for siding replacement when the time comes.

Description of Work
Replaced windows, gutters, soffits,facia

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

07/01/2014

Tammy R.

We interviewed several siding companies and narrowed the list down to three which included Capital City Exteriors. It was a tough decision, but we ultimately decided upon Nick and Lacey of Capital City. We were impressed with the level of professionalism they expressed from the very first appointment to the last day of the job. They were very helpful in providing us with siding samples, opinions of colors and the addresses of houses they had done so we could drive by to get ideas. We liked that Nick was on the job every morning to direct his staff, but also answer any questions or concerns we had. And there were plenty of questions! We learned very early in the job that the CCE staff was very professional, easily stayed on task and really didn't need a lot of direction! It was obvious that they knew what they were doing! They were here on time every morning which we appreciated. Travis and Kurt deserve a special shout out, as they were very knowledgeable about the process and patient when I was unsure about anything. A second shout out to Kurt who came back twice to hang our new house number steel plate and spent extra time looking for stray screws, nails and other debris leftover from the job. Nick, Travis and Kurt made it very evident that they wanted us to be happy with the final project and went the extra mile to be sure that we were. We are very happy with the look of our home and wouldn't think twice about using their services again! They come highly recommended!

Description of Work
New siding and gutters. New screens on windows.

06/16/2014

Teresa W.

Nick came out to my home to discuss my needs and available options. At that time he measured three windows. The windows were ordered and approximately three weeks later were ready to be installed. One of the windows was a very large window, replacing an opening where three windows had been. The interior framing had to be constructed for the new window. Nick did a beautiful job matching the other framing in my home as well as finishing it to match the other frames. Two years later the windows still look and behave as if they were just installed. The energy savings has been wonderful. I couldn't be happier with the purchase or working with this company. I will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Installed custom windows

05/28/2014

Mike B.

Installed later last summer, did quality work, has held up well. Spent time with us to make sure we got the exact color that would look best with our house. Everything was cleaned up when the job was finished. When the time comes to replace the siding on the house I will choose Capital City Exteriors.

Description of Work
nstalled gutters, soffits, and fascia.

03/30/2014

Hanna D.

Nick and his assistant Jeb were prompt and incredibly helpful - they fixed the window in about 10 minutes when I expected a high quote for a replacement. We are calling them back to nail up some boards that have fallen loose from the soffit and their price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
I called them out to look at a broken attic window that I thought needed replacement.

03/19/2014

Eva C.

He was amazing. He had the best price for the kind and quality of windows I wanted. He and his helper would arrive in the AM, get to work, and be finished before I could believe it. He also wrapped our exterior trim. When he started, I decided I didn't like the color I had chosen. I was sick about it and finally decided I had to say something before he got too far. He told me it was no problems and that he was glad I told him before he got too far. That meant he had to stop work that day, drive 50 miles back to Lincoln, and bring out the new color the next day-AND NO EXTRA CHARGE!!! When he was finished, everything was cleaned up and touched up. He even painted some trim on the inside of the house for me that I had not gotten to before he came (We had painted our trim white). I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for windows and exterior work. PS-I love my windows!!!

Description of Work
He installed new windows throughout the whole house. He did half one year, and then the other half about 7 or 8 months later.

01/31/2014

Stephanie S.

Because we had such a small job needing a few boards replaced and some roof trim work, I feel like we weren't a priority. We had to call them three times to get an estimate appointment and never heard back when we tried to make an appointment to get the work done. This company might be fantastic with large siding replacement jobs; I can't speak to that. The man who gave the estimate seemed very knowledgable and interested in doing a good job. But I wouldn't call them if you need minor work. We waited a month to hear anything from them about when they'd be available to do the work. Then we chose another company.

Description of Work
We had wanted them to make repairs on our siding and roof trim.

Category siding

[removed members name] I am sorry to hear this. We did have to change the day of the estimate once, as I was double booked with appointments and I do apologize. We did give you the estimate by email, and were informed you wanted to move forward. We then mailed you a contract, which we needed signed and returned before ordering materials, and we would put you on our list of jobs. We did not ever receive the contract back, and did not hear anything further until now. We treat all projects large and small the same.

01/06/2014

William T.

It went GREAT! They did a very good job in a very professional manner. They came in on time every morning, did their job, answered questions I had on exactly what they were doing and why. They also did some repairs on my house where needed. At the end of every day they cleaned up where they had been working and when the job was completed they cleaned up all around my yard. They took down all of the old siding and hauled all of the trash away in a timely manner. They also installed a new screen door on my front door, which they did not charge extra for. Instead of replacing the existing lights on the house they installed new ones for me that I had purchased. As far as I am concerned they went above and beyond what they said they would do and I if I had it to do over again I would hire them in a heart beat!

Description of Work
Installed vinyl siding on my house.

01/06/2014

LaVonne R.

They looked up the stain and external texture they had used previously and were quick with an estimate. They openly identified an increase in their product from last year. Very honest and open.

Description of Work
These folks do a great job. I had them do a complete siding and windows replacement last year and they did great. I'm having them come back and replace a basement patio door that I had originally thought I didn't want replaced. After I've seen their workmanship, I'm having them replace it.

12/09/2013

Sue M.

Everything was excellent. They were efficient, , friendly and very conscience about cleaning up after themselves. The work was done on time as expected. Owner of the company inspected all work completed.

Description of Work
Siding on the house. Window wraps and gutters .

09/30/2013

Mike B.

The installation went great, worked with us on the colors to match the paint on the siding. Followed up with us after the job was done to make sure we were happy. Everything looks great!

Description of Work
Installed new gutters, fascia, and soffits.

Category gutter repair

08/02/2013

Sabrina H.

Nick and Lacey met with us to talk about siding options -they were very personable and informative. They gave us an accurate estimate on permanent steel siding and gutter covers. The work was completed in a couple days. We were EXTREMELY pleased with the end product. The color was perfect and our house looks great. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for new siding options.

Description of Work
We had permanent steel siding and gutter covers put on our house.

07/07/2013

Catherine C.

Professional work and attitude. Competitive bid. Responsive to questions. Time needed for the work matched the predicted estimate. I appreciated greatly the willingness of Capital Cities Exteriors to adjust the scheduling of this job.

Description of Work
Install siding, new fixtures

Thrasher Foundation Repair - Omaha

Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy knowing the Thrasher team is here to serve you, your family and your home. (*Available services may vary.)

Alfa Y Omega

AGR Roofing & Construction

AGR Roofing and Construction is an experienced exterior company trusted by countless homeowners since 2004. AGR offers a wide variety of products and services, to include; Residential installs and Repair, Commercial installations, Storm damage restoration and insurance repair, as well as Siding and Gutter installation. All of our project managers are fully qualified and trained, and will assist you throughout the construction process. With years of experience, AGR is able to provide a roofing and construction experience unlike any other. We will be there each step of the project, from picking the roofing system that will add the most curb appeal to working with your insurance company to ensure your claim is fully satisfied. Trust AGR with your business and we will strive to make this the most positive and rewarding experience possible. Contact us today for a free consultation and we can be onsite within 48 hours for an inspection. We offer a variety of quality products, with highly qualified and experienced installers backed by the best warranties in the business. AGR is a full service construction company, servicing residential, commercial, and storm damaged properties. We have the experience and knowledge to complete projects with 100% satisfaction. Additional Location in Chicago at- 7301 W 25th St Ste 255, North Riverside IL

Siding (including installation of James Hardie products), soffit & fascia replacement, seamless aluminum & steel gutter & downspout installation, doors, replacement window installation - wood, vinyl & fiberglass

We do not repair gutters, wood siding, wood windows and glass glazing, wood fascia, and painting.