Advanced Appliance & Air Repair LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2006

Advanced Appliance & Air Repair is a small family owned business based in central North Carolina with strong Christian values. Our goal is to provide you with technical service which is prompt, courteous, competent, honest, and at a fair price. We believe continually striving for this goal will ensure our survival and you will seek us again and again for your service needs....

A Service Provider's profile image

appliance repair (86)HVAC Companies (15)small appliance repair (7)plumbers (2)handyman (1)

02/25/2021

Paul H.

Excellent. The crew was on time, were Covid prepared, and very informative re costs and what they could do. The part was ordered and installed in a week. Despite the cost of the part, they recommended that we keep our machine because, in their experience, Maytags of that vintage were far superior in reliability than a replacement would be. We trusted their straight talk and they came through.

Description of Work
timer setting gizmo to set correct washing cycles for our Maytag was a goner and needed replacing

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

01/18/2021

Mary D.

Very professional. Came and assessed the issue. Ordered a part. Told me I didn’t have to pay until the job was done. Just for the visit. I told him I’d pay in whole so my son could oversee the repair. I received a call confirming and within 2 days it was repaired!

Description of Work
Door water dispenser stopped working on Fridge

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

10/14/2020

D B.

Martin was very professional, assessed the issue and resolved the problem quickly. Also gave additional advice to prevent future issues. I highly recommend using them and will use them again!

Description of Work
Stove stopped working

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

10/08/2020

Jennifer B.

Outstanding. Will absolutely use them again for any appliance or HVAC

Description of Work
Complicated dishwasher repair.

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

06/14/2020

Nancy B.

Fantastic. He located the issue with washer but due to the age and availability of parts recommended our $ we’re better spent replacing it. A lot of folks would just take your $ and not care it was a waste of money. Also dryer issue had to do with the vent. Got me in touch with an expert to do the cleaning. Very knowledgeable, very fair and professional but best that it is obvious he take pride in his work and really has his customers best interest in mind. Will call him for all of my repair needs!

Description of Work
Washer repaired and dryer issues

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts. Yes, we have learned over time. It is best to advise a customer not to repair if the unit is in poor condition. We have had instances where a customer spent significant $ to repair only to experience another failure soon after. This resulted in a dissatisfied customer. So, we adopted the policy of "walk-away" if we felt this condition is likely. Best wishes in the future. If you need us, you know where you can find us.

03/18/2020

Susan R.

GREAT! they came when they said, and they were respectful! Good Explanations!

Description of Work
Excellent, very knowledgeable, very professional

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your remarks. I am sorry the diagnosis of your refrigerator was not one anyone wants to hear (Failing compressor). But, in spite of that, you accepted the diagnosis. Thank you for your understanding and kindness. Joe

02/21/2020

Diane N.

Advanced Appliance & Air Repair is the best company we ever dealt with! They are professional, knowledgeable, honest & the nicest people to deal with! We highly recommend them to anyone who needs work done! Joe & Sean are great & also any other worker who has come out to our home from their company! We recommended them to our own family members & they were very satisfied! You won’t be disappointed!

Description of Work
Home heating unit

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

Thank you so much for the kind remarks. We have enjoyed working for you and your children's family for several years. Your appreciation of the work we do encourages us to keep slogging along daily. Building relationships with people in the Triangle is what we are all about. Hopefully, you won't have more trouble. But, you know where to find us. Take care and stay warm!!! Joe

01/28/2020

Chris M.

Very well considering that the oven is 17 years old and two components had failed, requiring fairly subtle diagnostics, and a difficulty getting parts for a gadget that old--it took a while to get one of the parts. Joe and Shaun did a great job--and saved me from having to shell out $3000 for a new unit.

Description of Work
Repair a 17-year-old microwave/regular oven combo with a busted microwave.

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Yes, this was a challenging project. (older Microwave-Oven Combo) We rebuilt the heat tank circuit and replaced the cooling fan motor. So, we revived it and are grateful to have been of service to you and your family. I am sorry it took so long to get the parts. But, they are becoming scarce for that model. Keep us in mind for your Spring Cooling checkup. We love be your service company !!! Take Care....Joe

01/24/2020

Doug A.

Excellent. Joe promptly returned my call. We discussed the issue and set up an appointment. Joe was able to accurately diagnose the issue based on my description the problem. Joe and Shawn came out, quickly confirmed the problem, and ordered the part. A few days later they returned with the part and completed the repair. I wish all of my past experiences had been this exceptional.

Description of Work
Oven repair

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], As I recall, you had previous companies who had difficulty diagnosing the problem. In fact, they had misdiagnosed the problem as the control board. You had the wisdom to seek our opinion. In the other company's defense, the problem you were having was a difficult one. But, fortunately, with our experience, we had seen the problem several times before. So, we were able to go straight to the faulty part and repair it. Thank you for using your most precious resource (your time) to provide a good review. Above all, we are happy you are happy....Remember your Spring HVAC checkup....Give us a call to schedule early.....919-607-6468.....Take Care....and keep those cookies coming :-) Joe

12/19/2019

Diana K.

He tested several options and flushed the fridge door tubing. Eventually the water freeze in the tubing melted and ta da....

Description of Work
Refrigerator water dispenser not working

Work Completed On 12/19/2019

10/02/2018

Debra F.

It went well. They have ordered a part and will come back to replace the piece.

Description of Work
Oven not working properly.

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

09/29/2018

Ron M.

They arrived on time, found the problem, had to order the parts, and returned several days later to replace the parts.

Description of Work
Washing machine repaired

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

09/22/2018

Debra F.

Arrived on time. Project completed in a timely manner. Explained exactly what he did and was very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioning unit.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

08/20/2018

Jennifer G.

Technician came out, diagnosed the problem, ordered the part, and replaced it upon arrival the following week. Very pleased! I did request a quote through Angie’s List for this company and one other, but never heard back from either via that method. Calling the company got me an appointment the next day, so I think something may be flawed with the AL quote service.

Description of Work
Samsung Fridge Ice Maker Repaired

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

05/14/2018

Nancy M.

Ok It took two visits because they don't carry parts with them but other than that is worked out well.

Description of Work
Dyer fixed

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

Thank you for your remarks. I would like to add one thing. We do carry common parts. But, unique parts must be ordered. We are sorry for this inconvenience. It affects our ability to serve you and our business as well. It cost us time which I am sure you know is critical. But, there are so many different models these days. It is impossible / impractical to carry all parts. Thank you for understanding and your patience. Joe

03/19/2018

Dawn H.

I highly recommend Advanced Appliance. I first had them out to diagnose and repair my LP oven and then the next week the dryer started acting up so I had them out again. Their service is impeccable. They got back to me right away to schedule estimates and appointments. They did an excellent job and were very transparent about pricing, and shared every detail of parts and labor before we agreed to proceed with the work.

Description of Work
Gas oven burner/igniter replacement + Samsung dryer roller and belt replacement

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

02/05/2018

Teresa P.

He provided solutions and performed minor repairs. The repair man was very responsive and didn’t charge for unnecessary repairs. The charges were very reasonable and I was very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher and stove.

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

12/28/2017

Randy E.

Our whirlpool front loading washing machine stopped working the Sunday before Christmas. I used the company’s web site to request the appliance to be repaired. I received a phone call on Wednesday morning which was the first day they were open after the holiday. They were able to send someone out within an hour of calling since they had one opening, which was very fortunate considering the weekend qnd long Christmas holiday. The gentleman that arrived was professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable. I explained the problem being the spin cycle stopped working. Within less than 5 minutes he diagnosed the problem, and unfortunately it was a bearing gone bad, which required an extremely expensive repair which would be close to a new washing machine which didnt make sense on a 9 year old washer. He was able to provide me alot of information about pros and cons of front loaders vs top loaders as well as their experience with various manufacturers. This was extremely beneficial as I went out looking for a new washing machine. I would highy recommend this company for any appliance repair. Honest and reasonable repair services are not easy to find.

Description of Work
Washing machine needed repair

Work Completed On 12/27/2017

11/12/2017

William H.

They refunded the motor cost & the tech recommended we look for a new unit. We did buy a new refrigerator and were well pleased with Advanced Appliances recommendations.

Description of Work
Had a refrigerator noise on a 2007 unit. They checked it out and found the motor on the evaporator. Once the motor arrived he noted an issue with the sealed system & recommended we not install evaporator motor.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

10/07/2017

justin J.

Refrigerator required a new diverter as the freezer was getting cold and the fridge was not working. I knew this and had the part in hand for my model fridge. They said the never worked on the newer model fridges and over quoted twice the price of the other two companies I checked first. I was assuming they were scared of 3 lines to solder and putting in the gas. The one younger guy had a conscience and wasnt going to change as they did no work or hooked anything to the fridge to test. The older guy demanded the fee for coming out. I gave him his "participation award" for showing up. I wasted both time and money here, better pick someone else who wants to work next time.

Description of Work
I picked this company because I had issues with the refrigerator and ac and thought to have everything resolved in one shot. Never even got to the ac part.

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

We really appreciate these remarks. It helps us understand other perspectives. This home owner called and made an appointment for us to go and look at his refrigerator. He made no mention of prior sealed system work on the refrigerator. The receptionist quoted $65 service call fee for trip charge + diagnostic. He expressed gratitude for same day service and agreed to the fee. We arrived as promised and troubleshot the refrigerator. We found that another company had already installed the 3-way diverter valve incorrectly (i.e.: reversed). The previous company had done the job at much less cost than we charge for sealed system repairs. The home owner stated he could not get the other company back to correct their mistake. Unfortunately, the home owner did not wish to accept our price for the repair. We advised him to seek another, less expensive, company. So, we asked for a discounted "service call fee" for our trip + diagnostic. At first, he refused to pay the fee. But, after explaining we had added value by explaining the reason the refrigerator was behaving as it was (he was clearly surprised to learn) and he gave us a check for $45 ($65-$20) and we thought we left in good standing. Unfortunately, this home owner views sealed system refrigeration work as trivial. We tried to explain that "those who view it as trivial end up with reversed valves". Sealed system work requires several hours of tedious work to assure non-contamination of the environment and the refrigeration system. Due to the risks involved, most appliance repair companies do not even attempt sealed system repairs. So, we decided several years ago, if we are to attempt the work and accept the risks, we must charge a premium. This refrigerator was only 2 years old. Yes, we have not seen many of them. Most refrigerators are over 5 years old before they need service. So, naturally, we would not have seen many. But, it was certainly not beyond our skill level. I apologize for charging the $45 fee. I truly felt the home owner agreed we earned the fee. We will be mailing the $45 back to the home owner today. Good faith is certainly worth more than $45. Hopefully, we will be able to help this home owner again in the future.

09/28/2017

Chris T.

Great job -very responsive and good communication. A part needed to be ordered and they communicated well. Very professional.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

09/28/2017

James J.

The flap would not close. He took it apart and cleaned all of the parts. It works perfectly now.

Description of Work
fixed refrigerator ice maker

Cost $101.41