Bretco Electric Company Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2007

Not all Electrical Contractors are created equally. So true is this statement when applied to Bretco Electric Company. Call us for a quote. It all began in 1990 as an idea and today is one of the most respected Electrical Service Companies in Winston-Salem. Under the guidelines of Randy Draughn, Bretco grew to a full service Electrical Company. We respect our customers right to get value for their dollar. Hometown values and a great work ethic, are how we separate ourselves from the competition. Repeat and long term satisfied customers are Bretcos' No.1priority. Give Bretco Electric Company a call for all your Residential and Commercial needs. About President Randy Draughn for Bretco Electric Company Inc. I earned my Electrical Contractors License in the Unlimited Category from the North Carolina State Board Of Examiners in October of 1988. Bretco is a member of the Better Business Bureau since 2004 Company Information Summary: Locally owned and operated since 1990 by Randy Draughn. Licensed & Insured. Servicing Residential & Commercial Clients, service upgrades, landscape lighting, standby / backup generators, telephone / network, outlet repair & installation, recessed lighting, ceiling fans, fuse box, hot water heaters, security lighting, hot tubs, swimming pools, bucket truck, parking lot lighting, chandelier cleaning, smoke detectors, and troubleshooting....

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

electrician (225)lighting (63)ceiling fan installation (24)landscape lighting (14)home theater installation (3)home security systems (2)home automation (1)HVAC Companies (1)appliance repair (4)

07/22/2020

Michelle B.

I waited three weeks for a technician to come out and give a quote. The day of the appointment, I received a telephone message from Lisa asking that I call her back and let her know that someone would be at the property for the 10 AM appointment. I arrived on campus, where the work will be completed, at 9 AM. I called Lisa back and told her that I was ready for the appointment. At 10:15 AM I received a call from Lisa saying that the technician was running behind and would be at my location within 30 minutes. I said that was fine. At 11:30, I call Lisa and asked where the technician was. She said that she had to call him and that she would call back. 20 minutes later, Lisa calls to tell me that I didn't give her the suite number. I told her that it was a stand alone building. She said, "Google says that it is a multiple suite building." I told her, no. I'm here, it's a stand alone building. Then she said that the technician called me twice and there was no answer. And that he knocked for 15 minutes but had to leave for his next appointment. When I said that no such thing happened on my end, she called me liar. She said that she checked his phone records and saw that he had called me twice. I looked on my phone, and she was the only person that had called my phone that morning. I don't know what number he may have called, but it wasn't mine. I did not reschedule with them again because I don't like being called a liar and I don't like a business that can not own up to their mistakes.

Description of Work
Lights installed and moved.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

We recognize that you were very unhappy about the situation and we understand your frustration. We apologize for not being able to accommodate your request at that time. Our staff is very professional and always treats our customers with courtesy and respect. We wish you well and hope you were able to find someone to service your needs.

07/22/2020

David F.

The technician was experienced and very competent. He did a thorough job and even came up with a creative solution for the exhaust fan. It seemed kind of expensive, but in line with initial estimate

Description of Work
Repair outside pole lamp, repair exhaust fan

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

04/07/2020

greg W.

great work performed and friendly employees

Description of Work
rewire ceiling and install light

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

03/27/2020

barbara S.

They did a great job and I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They changed out some lighting and installed new bathroom fans.

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

12/05/2019

Patricia H.

WOW!!! I received a call from Randy within minutes of requesting quotes from local electricians. He was very pleasant, friendly and smart as all get out. What do I appreciate the most? Randy listened, asked questions and gave me a verbal solution to the smoke detector issue that was driving this family up the walls. Who does that? Randy does!!! Did I mention WOW!!!? Randy is amazing! He also gave me a great quote, along with some great information, regarding my kitchen light fixture. I'm so excited to be scheduling with Randy in the near future. In my book, Randy/Bretco Electric Company is "The Answer" to all things electrical. He has even earned a placed at our table for Christmas dinner and I'm almost grateful enough to actually cook...lol Where is the option for an A+++ rating?

Description of Work
Troubleshoot wiring for smoke detectors and repair/replace kitchen light fixture.

Work Completed On 12/05/2019

WOW I am at a loss for words.So glad that we were able to help and also thanks for your wonderful review!!

10/08/2019

James H.

Everything was great, and even a side-question about an outlet in the house was quickly figured out. Mike thought things through and established that the faulty outlet was going out on us because of an adjacent outlet. This is the kind of problem we've had in the past that often stymies electricians, but Mike knew how to work through the problem until he located the difficulty. That's what we call a top-notch electrician.

Description of Work
I had a Tesla wall charger installed.

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

09/18/2019

Steven R.

Work went well. They did excellent work.

Description of Work
replace several bad outlets

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

08/15/2019

Trip O.

Cannot say enough positive about the total experience. I have an electrical contractor for life.

Description of Work
Service panel upgraded

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Thanks for your review and also your time spent to post it! Call us anytime.

07/08/2019

Nancy F.

I sent a job request to the company through Angie's List WEEKS ago. Still have not received a reply. Even a courtesy reply of any sort would have been acceptable.

Description of Work
A ceiling fan in my living room.

Category ceiling fans

Sorry to hear that, must of somehow slipped through the cracks. Thanks for the feedback.

06/04/2019

Lawson S.

Work by Stephan was great. Very professional.

Description of Work
Upgrade of exterior lighting system

Category lighting, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you for your review!

03/20/2019

Patrick D.

Steve and his crew were great, very knowledgeable and professional. They diagnosed and resolved the issues quickly.

Description of Work
Our new house was having some wiring issues. We weren’t getting power to two of our door bells.

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing us to help you with your door bells, and for the kind review. Bretco

02/15/2019

Mike D.

They were very responsive and professional. Arrived on time and quickly installed the lights. Steve was efficient and friendly. Definitely recommend them and will hire again.

Description of Work
3 outdoor security lights replaced

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We aim to provide quality, efficient service.

01/25/2019

Jim C.

They were here within one hour of phone call. Very friendly technicians. The work was done quickly! I will definitely call them again for any further electrical problems.

Description of Work
I had outdoor light fixtures that needed repair

Cost $106.71

Happy we were able to solve your problem so quickly and efficiently!

01/07/2019

Kyle S.

Showed up on time, were very professional. Figured out my wiring issues fairly quickly (even though they weren't obvious fixes) and even fixed something that I had forgotten about in our original discussions but remembered when they were here working. Good price and will definitely hire again!!!

Description of Work
Fix wiring in outlets

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

Thanks for the kind review. Our techs are the best!

12/19/2018

angie S.

after sending him the pictures of what we wanted done he never returned calls

Description of Work
hook generator to fuse box

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

We apologize Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for the delay as we have just been terribly busy. The proposal has been sent.

11/12/2018

Peter M.

Excellent. Steve and Chase were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
New outlets for lights and switch out multiple light switches with automated ones.

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

Thank you for allowing us to help you with your electrical needs.

11/01/2018

Kim N.

Good. A bit disappointed I was charged extra for them to use one of their ladders. Never mentioned in quote. The job was to hand a chandelier, should have been mentioned in quote. $75 to use a ladder they had in the truck. And floor was scratched but I did not notice until they had left. However that being said they did a wonderful job and went above to get the fixture hung properly and safely.

Description of Work
Chandeliers hung

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

07/12/2018

Luther B.

IT went great ; they arrived on schedule and went to work. they seemed to have a good sense of what they were doing. I have known Randy for several years and he has done several jobs for me in the past. he is my preferred contractor. He does excellent work in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Installed a motion sensor light on the house to light the backyard.

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

Thanks for the kind words!

07/12/2018

Chris L.

I left a message and Tina got back to me within a reasonable time. She sent Mike out to troubleshoot why the main breaker was getting so hot it would trip. He spent some time, not all of it pleasant under the house which involved some slithering about where ducts limited space checking whether the wiring was done correctly and was in good shape. The main wire going into the breaker was getting extremely hot at the breaker junction and he concluded the problem had to be the breaker which I totally agreed with. The new breaker was $147 and the rest was mostly labor and as long as Mike got his fair cut that's fine. Everything was completed in a half day. I put all 3 air conditioners and the oven continuously on today for over an hour with no detectable heat buildup at main breaker.

Description of Work
Main 200 amp circuit breaker was overheating when both main air conditioners were on

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

We are happy to know that Mike went the extra mile to make your electrical system safe again. Mike is awesome and we are lucky to have him! Thanks for the positive feedback.

06/28/2018

Dawn B.

They did a fabulous job! Worked through until job was completed. Cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Replaced all switches & plugs to white & installed laundry room light.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Review for Bretco Electric Company Inc - 301 Thurston St, Winston Salem, NC - 37197524

thank you for taking the time to send this review. we appreciate your business!

06/13/2018

john R.

They quickly diagnosed the problems and took care of them efficiently and professionally.

Description of Work
Lights were out and electrical sockets weren’t working upstairs and kitchen chandelier needed repair.

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business.

04/08/2018

Dana H.

Installation went well in December and I thought we would be rating them A. The installers were excellent in customer service. However, when we realized the wrong actual lights (Regular filament vs LED) were installed and they all burned out within a week, in addition to some adjustments that needed to be done so the lights worked as dusk to dawn vs motion, follow-up from "headquarters" was delayed. Weather played a part, however I have contacted several times via, text, phone and email to finish the job and replace the lights to LED as they had called and agreed to do.I have not received a call back at all since February. Work was done in December?

Description of Work
Needed exterior lighting

Work Completed On 12/18/2017