Blaze Air, Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2006

2406 Farrington Point Dr SE

Winston-Salem, NC 27107

Since 1979, Blaze Air, Inc has been serving the Winston Salem, NC in all it heating and cooling needs. We can meet all your needs to make your home more comfortable while providing incredible energy savings. We are a family owned and operated company ready to serve you from the moment you call us, to the moment our technicians leave your home. So, call us now to schedule an appointment!...

12/11/2018

Paul B.

Workers were punctual and professional. Work was done efficiently. Price reasonable, would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Broken heater, bad capacitor

10/08/2018

Matthew K.

The two Blaze Air technicians were prompt, courteous and very professional. They called me at work to tell me they would be at my house in about 30 minutes. They arrived before I did and already had the problem diagnosed and a price ready for quote. They took less than twenty minutes to perform the repair and got my A/C up and running in around 30 minutes total. What I appreciated most is that due to the blistering heat we've experienced this summer, Blaze Air treated my issue as an emergency and sent technicians out the next morning after receiving my call for repair the evening before. I won't forget that!!!

Description of Work
A/C compressor stopped working. Required new capacitor.

06/18/2018

Jacqueline O.

They were great! They didn't try to up-sell me. They even sent me a thank you note and a magnet. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
A/C unit repair

01/11/2018

Mary L.

It went very well! Blaze Air is always professional, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Semi-Annual Inspection/ Maintenance

10/29/2017

Layla R.

I contacted Blaze and had a technician, Terry, at my home the next day. Terry was very professional and honest with me regarding what could be wrong. He fixed the unit while keeping the cost as low for me as possible. I also purchased a service agreement. I was also contacted a couple weeks after the service to check how the AC was working. Very impressive.

Description of Work
My air conditioner was not cooling.

10/23/2017

Greg M.

Got swindled. I'd recommend using a different company in Winston-Salem. Friends of ours have had good experiences with Logan. They ignored multiple requests for an itemized invoice. I had to call or email them about 6 times over 3 weeks before they would provide it. Seemed like they didn't want us to see the numbers. They charged $180 for a part that can be purchased online for between 6 and 13 dollars. They claimed this was for the service of installation, but there was also a $320 service charge which was separate. I hate to post negative comments -- I tried to resolve the issue with the service manager, but they didn't seem to care about it. We had already written the check.

Description of Work
New capacitor with re-wiring.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. and Ms. [Member Name Removed] have been a part of the Blaze Air Family since July 18, 2017 where we serviced their A/C and added freon and recommended a leak search be done. The [Member Name Removed] called in on Sept 14 about a loud squealing noise coming from his outdoor unit. When our service tech diagnosed the issue he found the condenser fan motor was bad and gave an estimate to repair the system. Ms. [Member Name Removed] stated that she would give her husband the estimate and see what he wanted to do and call us back. On Sept 21 they contacted Blaze Air, Inc. at 8:12 am stating Mr. [Member Name Removed] had tried to fix the unit himself and now it did not work. At 1:45pm the same day, our service tech diagnosed the problems and found the motor that Mr. [Member Name Removed] had put on the system was an aftermarket part that did not have the same wiring as the original motor, the starting device for this motor did not match up, and it was incorrectly wired. Our Service Tech spent 2.5 hours tracing out everything to find the issues and get Mr. and Ms. [Member Name Removed] up and running. We also confirm all charges with the home owner before any work is performed. Mr. [Member Name Removed] did email our office on Sept 22, requesting a breakdown of the charges and sent another email on Oct 10 as a follow-up because he had not received the breakdown. It did take our office some time to get this information back to him, for this we do apologize and agree that this was not how we normally respond. Mr. [Member Name Removed] did call our Service Manager on Oct 17 upset over the invoice charges and expressed his concern that we were "making an example out of him trying to prove a point". We explained the charges and that we are not in the business of making examples out of anybody. Yes, had Mr. [Member Name Removed] allowed us do the repair in the first place, it would have saved him and us time and money. We apologize the customer feels "swindled" and feels we deserved an 'F' grade for the work we did. However, we do our best to provide each customer with the best possible experience and this job was no different. Hopefully given our response and our other reviews below you'll be able to make your own judgement.

09/13/2017

Angela R.

After the prior review was posted, the company called to inform me that the invoice was deleted.

Description of Work
Addendum to "D" rating

09/07/2017

Mike S.

I have nothing but good things to say about Blaze. When I hired them, I was already set on choosing someone else. I'm glad I gave them the chance. They offered me a better system at a better price that anyone else did. The consultants were way more than helpful, and obviously knew their stuff. They were incredibly available after the initial consultation and answered my questions quickly. To make things even better, we ended up being 'moved up' on the installation schedule, which was great since our downstairs unit was broken during the month of August. Installation was very quick, and clean. Installers were very professional and helpful. I sure hope I don't have this particular need for another 20-25 years again, but I certainly won't hesitate to call Blaze when I do! Great job guys, much appreciated!

Description of Work
Replaced both aging upstairs and downstairs HVAC units

09/03/2017

danielle A.

It went great, a part had to be ordered, that took a few days. But once repaired, the A/C worked better than when it was initially installed. He installed a computer board or similar and serviced the system. The output of air inside the house increased significantly. He was polite and professional. With the increased air coming into house, I had expected electric costs to go up compared to last year, but they went down instead. I've had to turn on heat a couple of times and noticed it does not produce as much air flow, maybe because I just wanted a 3 degree increase? I very much been pleased with what was done and the noticeable improvement. I had issues when it was installed by another company, and it never seemed just right. I've had it serviced since, but this is the first time with them. 😊 PS, the date is an estimate.

Description of Work
Repair HVAC and service

07/23/2017

Mark W.

Finished in an hour and house started to cool down!

Description of Work
AC went down and they were able to diagnose and repair within an hour of arrival.

05/30/2017

Danielle T.

The original visit was excellent, it's the follow up that's been an issue. We get calls from them constantly despite asking them not to call anymore. Additionally, we paid for service at time of service (confirmed charge on credit card) but Blaze is now saying we never paid them. They are supposedly looking into it for the past few days but I am disappointed by the mix up and how long it is taking to clear up.

Description of Work
Look at heater due to loud noise

04/24/2017

Mary L.

I called just after 12 noon, someone immediately responded, they tried to work me in same day (32 people ahead of me. Couldn't do it, but I was practically 1st the next day), communication was amazing, price was good, and Nathan was professional, thorough, and quick.

Description of Work
HVAC Completely stopped working.

04/12/2017

Hali S.

The whole process was very pleasant. They were able to work around my schedule pretty easily and noted some items that should be looked at without insisting it needed to be done now and charge me for it. I feel like he was very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Fuel oil furnace maintenance and repair.

04/10/2017

Matthew D.

It was under $100 for the service call, which was great. But then the repair that they had was $400 or something that I went and bought at the store for $69. They were great for that and then their parts were so marked up I laughed and just went to the store. I had a good experience with them, their parts are marked up just ridiculous. The price of service was good, the price of parts was bad. They did just fine with quality, they did a good job.

Description of Work
They diagnosed an issue with my heat.

11/15/2016

maybell W.

He diagnosed the problem with in 15 minutes and put switch on all less than an hour.

Description of Work
Blower switch replaced on furnace.

10/11/2016

John P.

They are competitive. Their price is good. I have checked around. They have been good for us.

Description of Work
I started using Blaze Air. They were the ones that originally installed the system when this was a new house so they came out for an annual checkup at that point.

10/11/2016

John P.

I have had them for like 20 years. So, they are good people.

Description of Work
I use Blaze Air. The last time they came out was for an annual inspection and air conditioning service.

07/30/2016

Anna R.

I left a message on a Friday night requesting service. (More like an SOS!) They responded early Saturday, arrived just after lunch and were done within the hour. The technician was knowledgeable and courteous, taking the time to investigate any other possible issues. He was very thorough and corrected the other deficiencies he found. I was absolutely thrilled to find a service on the weekend with such great results!! I will definitely use them again!!

Description of Work
Water was coming through the living room ceiling of my rental property.

05/26/2016

Marc N.

This is the company to use. Our old HVAC system was 18 years old and due for replacement. We looked at several different brands and installers and decided on Blaze. They were professional, prompt, didn't make a mess, and knew what they were doing. They discovered that there may have been a problem with approval of the system by the city due to a fence being too close to the AC condenser. They were the only contractor that pointed this out and came up with a simple solution should the inspector not pass the installation. As it turned out, it did pass without any alterations. Imagine not knowing about this in advance and if the inspection failed being notified by the city that you have to tear down a fence. To my surprise I received a call last week from Blaze asking to set up an appointment for a tech to come out and inspect the system to make sure everything was operating correctly and make any necessary adjustments. There was not an additional charge for this and was included in the price originally quoted. We had always had a problem with our old system where the air flow into two of the bedrooms was inadequate and either too hot or too cold depending on the season. The temperature variation was around 4 or 5 degrees. The tech was able to balance the air flow and for the first time we can walk into these two bedrooms without noticing the temperature change. Our new furnace is 2 stage and he also made some adjustments to it for more efficient operation. While researching brands and general information on HVAC systems almost all internet sites emphasize the importance of the installer. Ain't that the truth!

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and air conditioner

11/21/2014

Kevin C.

Called Blaze the morning the problem started. Very friendly and professional. Said a tech would be out between 11:00 and 1:00 and would call 20 minutes before his arrival. At 1:00, after no tech and no phone call, I called Blaze and asked what was going on. They said the tech was running behind but should be finishing up soon. About 1:15 they called back and said he was on his way. About 1:30 he arrived. Patrick, the tech, was very friendly and went right to work. Took him about 20-25 minutes to diagnose and fix the problem. He explained what the problem was and what he did to fix it. He answered all my questions. I paid and he was gone. Diagnostic Charge: $89 Trace Open Circuit: $44 Repair Open Circuit: $42 Angie's List Coupon: -$25 Total: $150

Description of Work
Circuit was opening and closing. Draft motor was dropping in and out. Traced out circuit and found a restriction in the pressure switch hose to power vent. Cleaned and repaired hose.

08/28/2014

Thomas M.

Three men worked hard from 8 to 4, cleaned up all mess.gave $60 tip.

Description of Work
Had new 3 ton AC replaced. Always on time and hard working.

06/04/2014

Leigh Ann J.

The first technician initially came to my house on a Friday. A part needed to be replaced and he stated that he would let me know after the weekend if the part was under warranty and the best way to proceed. The following Wednesday I contacted the office and the lady I spoke to said the other person wasn't in and would give her a message. I again had to follow up the next afternoon and they apologized for not having gotten back to me. Now it is Thursday (6 days after the initial diagnosis) and they need to order a part which can only come from the manufacturer and won't arrive until the following week. Again I hear nothing from them and had to call more than once to get someone to return to my house to complete the work. They were very friendly; the technicians were very professional and I do believe they do a thorough job. However, I was extremely frustrated by having to make multiple calls. Also with the service agreement, I have felt I have had to call them to schedule a routine check. I feel that should be their responsibility every 6 months. After my service agreement period is over, I will likely search for a new company to work on my heating and cooling.

Description of Work
My A/C had stopped blowing cold air. I have used Blaze Air in the past, and they seemed professional and prompt. I have a service agreement with them and receive 15% off of services.

05/04/2014

Tim C.

After measuring the house to verify the replacement systems would be adequate, we agreed on the best value units. A few days later a crew of 3 arrived in the morning and both units were installed and the crew was gone before i got home from work. It was kind of muddy outside but they were careful not to track it inside the house. Other than the cool air inside and the new units outside i had no evidence they were ever at my house.

Description of Work
replace 2 HVAC units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [remove member name], Thanks for your kind words about Blaze Air. Welcome to the Blaze Air Family.

06/27/2013

Beth E.

A big thank you to everyone at Blaze Air for getting my broken AC unit up and running today. Not only did you get me into your schedule immediately, but you sent me a very knowledgeable tech that had me fixed in just a few short hours. He was kind, and respectful of my home, and he quickly diagnosed my problem. I couldn't be happier! I absolutely will be using them from now on for regular maintenance of my unit.

Description of Work
Repaired my broken AC unit.

06/24/2013

Lisa F. W.

The guys arrived on Thursday morning and got right to work. What we thought would take one day turned into two days which was the result of additional work that was discovered once the old units were removed. On each day, they worked continuously without a break until the job was complete. Throughout the process, they were professional and courteous, and did not even complain about having to work around my dogs. I have never seen a crew work so hard in some very trying conditions. I am very impressed and pleased with the work. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced A/C and heater

Empire Heating & Air

At Empire Heating and Air, we specialize in all of your heating and cooling services and/or repairs, along with gas lines and heating oil! We take pride in every service we do, where we go the extra mile to assure you get the proper service! Empire offers an affordable service call, great service contracts, and friendly service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

R Air Conditioning HVAC

R&M Air AConditioning HVAC has over 12 years of quality experience in the HVAC industry. We provide a wide range of Heating and A/C services and we know how to get your job done right. From full installations to minor tune-ups, we do it all! We're locally owned out of Greensboro NC and we are a family operated business. Please call or click for an estimate today!

Offers by R Air Conditioning HVAC on Angi
    Cool Breeze 1250 Heating & Cooling, Inc.

With 20 years of experience with every service call, you get an real honest person who cares about you and your comfort! We take extra time to do things right the first time because we value your time and ours. We value health and safety of our employees & our clients.Ask about our 1 year test drive on new HVAC equipment and 10 year warranties on New Installations. We are here to serve you and bring you Comfort Without Compromise 24/7!

North Carolina
    NC State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating & Fire Sprinkler Contractors
    12/31/2021
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, Financing Available

Heater Repair and Maintenance, Heater Installation and Replacement, Furnace Installation and Replacement, Furnace Repair and Maintenance, Heat Pump Services, Geothermal Heating, AC Installation and Replacement, AC Repair and Maintenance, AC Filter Replacements, Air Handler Services, Ductless Mini Split AC Systems, Evaporator Coil Services, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, UV Air Sanitizers, Air Filtration Systems, Boiler Installation & Repair

Please Inquire