DLS Home Services

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2015

Were are home improvement and maintenance specialists looking to provide old fashion quality services to our customers and build long term relationships. And provide solutions for our customers needs. Regardless of weather you just need a small repair or a full accessibility remodel you can expect the same great level of detailed service. Please visit our website dlshomeservices.com for a full list of our services...

A Service Provider's profile image

+52 more images

handyman (28)home remodeling (6)house painting (4)door installation (3)deck cleaning (2)decks & porches (2)interior painting (1)pressure washing (1)window replacement (1)roofing (1)plumbers (1)gutter cleaning (1)

Steve D.

Dave is an artist when it comes to woodworking. He made stunning farmhouse French doors for our den. He is an extremely skilled handyman as well. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Dave created custom farmhouse French doors for our office. He also is our handyman for everything else.

Category auto repair, handyman service, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Always a pleasure to work with you and [Member Name Removed]

Barbara H.

Dave and his crew have worked in my home several times over the last few years. He can do almost anything! He has built and installed book shelves, Replaced doors, installed a new sink, repaired drywall just to namea few. I feel very comfortable having him in my home which a important to me as a single female.

Description of Work
Many Small Jobs

Category auto repair, decks, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. We are always happy to help you with your projects.

Mario P.

We had Dave install several grab bars in our bathrooms. He work was impeccable. Dave's workmanship is second to none. He is honest, competent, and possesses the kind of work ethic that we wish everyone had. We will be using DLS Home Services for any and all future home repair needs.

Description of Work
Install Grab bars in bathrooms

Category auto repair, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It's was really nice to meet you. Look forward to helping maintain your beautiful home for years to come.

11/20/2020

Tim B.

Could not be happier! RARELY, I repeat rarely, do i have anything that comes in under time, under budget and above my expectation(s) on quality I would HIGHLY suggest using Dave and his guys for your next home improvement!

Description of Work
Expansion on shop

Category auto repair, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Good morning, thank you very much for your review. It make our job much more enjoyable when the customer is happy with our work.

11/20/2020

Ashley T.

Excellent work. Very professional. Would hire again!

Description of Work
3 way electrical switch

Category auto repair

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank you for your review. we're happy to help

07/17/2020

craig P.

AWESOME DAVE is honest fair and hard working

Description of Work
Pergola assembly

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for your review. we enjoyed working with you.

01/28/2020

Barbara H.

Everything was smooth! The job required cutting and fitting as I was replacing a drop in stove with a slide in model. While it took several hours, Dave and Tori did a great job, cleaned as they went, and hauled away the old appliance. Thank you!

Description of Work
Dave and Tori installed a slide in stove and a range hood.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Review for DLS Home Services - 609 Piner Rd, Wilmington, NC - 38358484

thank you very much for the review we are very happy that you like the job and appreciate we took our time to do it right. and I think it really does make the kitchen look a lot more updated. just wait till you get the countertops in it's going to look like a brand new kitchen

01/17/2020

Dennis H.

Outstanding! Jose, the roofer was excellent and knew what he was/is doing! I would recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
roof repair

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

We are happy to have been able to rectify the problem with the flashing. please feel free to contact use for any other project you would like to discuss.

09/11/2019

Todd C.

Repairs went well. In order to seal the leaks, Dave had to climb up outside to the above balcony. The ultimate test of the repairs came a few weeks later when Hurricane Dorian hit us. With strong winds and rain for hours, the doors didn't leak once. A-plus job by Dave and DLS! There was no cost to me since the doors were under warranty.

Description of Work
Warranty work on my French doors on 2nd floor condo. Previous rains had produced leaks coming through the top of the doors.

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

Thank you very much for the review. And I am happy that we have your issue resolved.

08/12/2019

Christine M.

I would highly recommend Dave and DLS Home Services. Dave is professional, reasonably priced, and an overall pleasure to work with. I needed a wheelchair ramp in my garage and had another handyman complete one that was not useable. Dave came in and gave us exactly what we were looking for and needed for our space. He was able to recommend many different options and completed the project quickly and left the worksite pristine once completed. He is reliable and efficient, and the quality of the ramp is amazing. I will be referring friends and family to Dave as well as seeking his services again in the future when needed for other projects.

Description of Work
We needed a wheelchair ramp built in our garage.

Category handyman service, handicap equipment

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

Review for DLS Home Services - 609 Piner Rd, Wilmington, NC - 38045493

thank you very much for the review just trying to accommodate our customers especially nice customers like you and your husband. we look forward to working with you on your screened in porch project when you are ready thank you again for choosing DLS home services sincerely Dave

06/25/2019

Gary F.

Dave was professional and provided an excellent estimate for the roof replacement. The estimate was higher than other competitive costs and we selected a different provider but I was impressed with Dave's professionalism and his demeanor.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

good morning and thank you for the review I'm sorry we were a little higher than the other guy. This may have been mostly due to the fact that our carting company has been charging us extra due to the asphalt shingle recycling plant being down from the hurricane. Recently they have informed us that the plant is back online and there will be no extra charges. please be sure that the company whose quote you decided to go with has included ice and water shield in the valleys and drip edge along the edges also extra adhesive on the edges to help prevent from high wind ripping off the roof.

06/12/2019

Kathy M.

Excellent! Could not be happier with the work! Professional, excellent work! Very reasonable price!!

Description of Work
Install exterior siding

Category handyman service, remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Good morning [Member Name Removed]thank you very much for the review. We enjoy making our customers happy

04/22/2019

Carolyn D.

Dave was very professional and friendly. He was prompt and certainly a craftsman able to think outside the box and get the job done. He will be coming back to complete more jobs for us!

Description of Work
Removed rotten sub floor and rebuilt, constructed a hall tree for our condo.

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

good morning thank you very much for your review we are just trying to keep our customers happy especially nice customers like you.thank you very much and we look forward to working with you in the future for all your little projects

03/17/2019

Daniel L.

The job went very well the personnel was very professiona, I would not hesitate to hire this company in the future.

Description of Work
Install shower enclosure

Work Completed On 03/17/2019

good morning thank you for your review we are just trying to take care of our customers and happy to make things happen and do a good job

03/15/2019

Pierre M.

We are very happy with our new bathroom. We started with a 1960's "Pink Tile" bathroom that was quite crowded, and ended up with a new, more current design that has considerably more room. And we did NOT change the size of the overall bathroom. Dave is a consummate problem solver and enjoys a challenge. It is clear that he takes great pride in and very much enjoys what he does, and the quality of his work clearly reflects that. DLS Home Services will be my first choice, if available, for any of my future home maintenance, remodel, repair or upgrade needs. I would highly recommend DLS Home Services for any home maintenance, remodel, repair or upgrade.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

Review for DLS Home Services - 609 Piner Rd, Wilmington, NC - 37763912

thank you very much for your review we're just trying to do our job and make our customers happy.we are available for any projects you have in the future thank you very much Dave McKenzie and Tori

03/03/2019

Carolyn N.

Dave & Mackenzie did an excellent job! They are professional and the quality of their work is top notch. They also took care to maintain an organized work environment and were extremely thoughtful in clean up. I highly recommend DLS Home Services and will be using them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Sliding glass door replacement

Work Completed On 03/02/2019

good morning [Member Name Removed] thank you very much for your business now you see why we have the rating so we have see you soon for the next project

02/28/2019

Kim M.

I had 3 small jobs for Dave to do. He was professional and started right away. His quote was fair and he made sure jobs were done correctly. I will definitely be contacting him for future jobs.

Description of Work
Ceiling/drywall repair, install sink faucet, re-hang vinyl shutters

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

[Member Name Removed] thank you very much for the review. just trying to make our customers happy. look forward to working with you in the future on other projects that we have discussed

12/02/2018

Tom R.

It went terrific, Dave was awesome, fixed our problem and would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Problem with our elevator

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

09/24/2018

Connie P.

I can not say how pleases I was with his work and his desire to work with me. He or his help were always here when they said they would. The room has 6 windows and a glass door, siding on the out side. This room was put to the test and not a drop of water I. The room and all siding remained on the room. Dave is a great guy and hope to remodel a bathroom with him in the future.

Description of Work
Dave took a screened in porch that I never used into a beautiful, complete additional room. This not only gave me more heated square feet but a great tv room.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

Review for DLS Home Services - 609 Piner Rd, Wilmington, NC - 37420216

Thank you for the nice review miss [Member Name Removed]. We always try hard to please our customers. thank you again Dave

08/24/2018

JAMES R.

good job, responsive on short notice, recommended

Description of Work
drywall, chalking, termite lumber replaced, painting

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

thank you for your review it was a pleasure to work with you. give us a call anytime if you need anything else

08/03/2018

Herb W.

The work went well, we purchased all the materials and they came in, they are on time and on budget.

Description of Work
He install a bathroom for us.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

thank you for your review. it was very nice to work for you. were just doing our job and providing quality workjust. we hope you enjoy your new bathroom.

05/22/2018

James C.

Dave sent Shane to my address; he arrived exactly on time, was extremely polite, professional, and clearly determined to do good work. He removed the old microwave and carted it away, installed the new one (he had to do some extra work to remove backsplash tiles that were in the way of the new installation), and finished the job promptly. He even offered to clean up the dust from removing the tiles. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the company, and I would hire them again. I highly recommend Shane for his customer service skills.

Description of Work
Install a new microwave

Work Completed On 05/22/2018