A Cut Above Tree Experts

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2011

We are a full service tree and landscape service .

tree service (28)mulch delivering (1)

12/08/2021

Belinda H.

It was good. They are very professional, they gave a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
They cut down the four tree.

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

10/25/2018

A. D. K.

Did not use this individual. No problem, just didn't select them.

Description of Work
Needed tree limb removed from the roof.

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

06/17/2018

Brenda N.

wonderful. already referred his name to friends

Description of Work
trees removed and trees trimmed

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

05/17/2018

paul W.

on time, with professional care

Description of Work
trees pruned

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

04/21/2018

Michael B.

I had asked for an estimate and Sean showed up the next day. Since I was not ready for the job until a few weeks later, I called Sean and he and his crew showed up within two hours. It was a big job removing several large trees and stump grinding, including a ver large and tall dead pine, that my prior contractor failed to return and finish. The pine was in a thicket of old established ornament species and they were able to avoid any damage. The crew stayed late to finish the work.

Description of Work
Several trees taken down

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

02/16/2018

Amy W.

Sean was very responsive and professional- work completed in efficient manner. Great job, would use again for sure.

Description of Work
Trimming of large oak, tree m back dead limbs on another large oak, ripped out chain link fence and overgrown landscaping, laid top soil

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

01/01/2018

Edmund R.

Perfect. It was in a tough area to move equipment in. They put down plywood on the lawn to insure the grass was not destroyed. They worked well as a team, and took the trees down efficiently. Clean up was great, I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Several large pine trees were infested with pine bark beetles, had to be taken down.

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

Thank you for your great review . We enjoyed working with you on your project.

07/06/2017

Dave D.

Excellent work and very professional. Would hire again!

Description of Work
tree removal and trimming

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

04/29/2017

Elizabeth B.

Very well. Removed all limbs branches and associated trash. Were courteous and came when they said they would. Went the extra mile.

Description of Work
Cut down 3 trees. Rehabilitated 2 Yoshino Cherry trees which had die back, suckers, exposed roots and scale; this included pressure washing and spraying for scale, deep root fertilization, application of mushroom compost, trimming out suckers and die back; also worked on an ancient dogwood. Trimmed up the limbs of 2 large oak trees, carefully avoiding my bluebird nesting box with contained newly hatched bluebirds.

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

11/09/2016

Anna L.

Sean and his team were great. Because of the beetle infestation, we needed the tree down asap. Sean fit us into his schedule weeks ahead of the other companies we received quotes from. He understood the infestation and recommended the proper scope of removal to minimize the beetles moving to our other trees. The large, 70+ foot pine tree was down and gone, stump ground and shavings removed in 3 hours. A well run operation.

Description of Work
Removed large, dead pine tree from our front yard. Took down tree, hauled off wood, ground down the stump and hauled off the shavings (the tree was infested with Pine Borers and all of it, including the stump grindings had to be removed from site). The yard was cleaned well and minimal evidence of tree removal remains.

Work Completed On 11/09/2016

Thanks for your review & your business . We look forward to being able to maintain your trees & landscape for years to come . It was a pleasure working for you , Sean G.

10/01/2016

Julie S.

It did not go at all. I emailed them and they never called me back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and I called. I was told that someone would call me to schedule someone to come out and give me an estimate, however no one ever called back. I assumed they did not need me as a customer and as a consumer I refuse to hunt someone down to give them my hard earned money.

Description of Work
I needed some tree removal performed.

Category mulch

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

I would like to apologize for not getting back with you . Sometimes I get so busy giving my customers that have hired me my undivided attention I get forgetful. I've never got a bad review from someone I've done work for . We go above and beyond to ensure my customers are satisfied. I am good at that but could quite possibly use some better organizational skills . If you do decide to need my services in the future please try again.

04/22/2016

Melissa L.

Description of Work
Cut trees down and ground stumps.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

Thank you for your review & your business .

03/16/2016

Laura B.

Description of Work
Cut down lg maple and trimmed up two big oaks.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

03/01/2016

Josh L.

They were excellent. I received a quote the same day I requested, the scheduled the work quickly, provided me their contact for insurance and certificates, completed the work on time and had I not known they were there, I would never had know they were there. The yard was definitely cleaner when they left than when they got there. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed 5 trees and 10 stumps and cleaned up.

Work Completed On 02/15/2016

Thanks for your review.

01/15/2016

Peggy M.

Description of Work
Everything was completed as promised for the price quoted. On time, courteous, professional.

Category tree service

Thank you for your review .

11/12/2015

Patricia H.

Work Completed On 11/10/2012

11/04/2015

Khristinia C.

Work Completed On 11/03/2015

Thank you for your review.

07/06/2015

Elizabeth M.

Sean was very friendly and professional. He was quick to respond and he and his crew did a great job!

Description of Work
Cut down several trees in my yard

Work Completed On 11/12/2014

Thank you for your review.

03/24/2015

WILLIAM D.

They did a beautiful job. They were clean and did great work. They went above and beyond without charging me extra.

Description of Work
They fell 10 trees in my yard.

Work Completed On 12/10/2014

03/19/2015

Frederick M.

Description of Work
Removed approx. 17 pine trees. Root raked area where storage bldg. was to be built. Ground stumps of larger trees. Removed all debris. Very satisfied but hard to reach. Waiting now for a call back for 4 more trees.

Work Completed On 03/17/2012

01/28/2015

Kenneth C.

Description of Work
They trims some big limbs off of a large oak tree, removed a stump, and trimmed and cut out he dead wood on a 50 year old crape myrtle tree.

Work Completed On 01/20/2015

06/17/2014

Jeffery H.

Would love to rate A Cut Above Tree Service but they never showed up to quote and do the work, despite our contact.

Description of Work
Didn't show for quote.

Work Completed On 05/10/2014

Thank you for your review .

04/23/2014

CHERRY H.

They arrived on time and completed the tree removal and stump grinding in one day. They were careful with the heavy equipment they had to use, laying down plywood sheets in the heavy traffic areas. Transferring the mulch to the well pit had to wait until the pump was removed and the well capped off, and in the interim there was a severe ice storm. Mr. Gaines promised to return to finish the job after the storm damage limb removal was finished (mine and all those in the area who were demanding his services.) My only complaint was that it took 2 phone calls a month later to get them to return. They did come back, finished the job in an efficient and neat manner, and gave me tips on planting grass over the bare spots where the trees had been. Overall, I was very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
Removed 2 huge trees and a dilapidated gazebo. This required them to coordinate with the power company to take down a power line, contract with a stump grinding service, and remove all debris to the street in a manner the city waste services would approve. The old gazebo actually covered an old well pit about 4 feet deep, and A Cut Above agreed to transfer the stump grinding mulch and soil into that pit to fill it for safety and for future planting. This would also level the lot around the base of the trees.