CLEAN SWEEP THE FIREPLACE SHOP

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2007

1547 S MAIN ST

WAYNESVILLE, NC 28786

Clean Sweep Chimney Sweeping Service was started in 1984 by Tom and Karen Albert as a one man operation. Tom's wife Karen joined the business in 1986 and it has grown from there. Tom and Karen expanded their business 16 years ago and opened “The Fireplace Shop” on South Main Street in Waynesville, NC. In 2013, Tom and Karen sold Clean Sweep to their good friends, Alex Tinsley and Patrick Tinsley, and continues to provide excellent service....

02/09/2019

Mark S.

Not good. I can't get a response from this company. This is not the first time I've made a request for services from these people via Angie's List, and I can never get a return call or email or anything. They need to drop out of the Angie's List program if they're not going to follow up on potential customer request. It's just NOT professional.

Description of Work
I asked for an inspection and chimney sweep.

07/26/2017

Edith L.

Very good and easy people to deal with.

Description of Work
Chimney sealed and fixed.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

07/12/2017

William V.

They arrived on time and did the work professionally. They knew my Fireplace (an Extrordinaire).. And he fixed a baffle that was installed incorrectly. When asked if I had an animal barrier in the chimney cap, he suggested not to have one as it just clogs up sooner with creosote (and it's difficult for an animal to get up there anyway).

Description of Work
Standard Chimney sweeping. While here suggested sealing the stonework on the chimney, which he did at a later appointment. Basic sweeping was about $210 with Angie coupon and the sealing was $250. (I can find the same stuff they used and do it myself next time).

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

03/20/2017

sharon R.

professional, on time, quote to high

Description of Work
chimney cleaned /inspected

03/09/2017

sharon R.

They gave me an really big estimate, that was not necessary. All but the inspection results, was really good. My brother looked at the same thing a week later, and it already had an slew. He made an chimney top. It only cost us five hundred dollars to do the whole thing. That is a big difference. I am sure that worked needed to be done, it would have been fine. The only thing I would say about them, is get a second opinion. Get a second company to give an second opinion. That was fine.

Description of Work
Estimate. Put in an slew for the chimney, which already had one. Then they were going to re flash around the chimney. They were going to put an hood on the chimney, and clean the chimney.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

02/20/2017

sharon R.

Very professional & courteous. Did not need all of the work that was estimated.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep & inspection.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

02/05/2016

brendan P.

The service went well. Those guys were good. They were on time.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Clean Sweep The Fireplace Shop. They did the maintenance that was listed on the agreement and then, they had a couple of suggestions that I might want to follow-up with.

09/25/2015

Leigh C.

Arrived an hour early without notice so I rearranged my schedule to accommodate. Cleaned chimney from the inside and was finished in about 20 minutes. He stayed another hour trying to sell me a wood burning insert ($4000) or a costly repair of the flue ($3000). It felt pushy to me and he wanted an answer right away. After checking some other providers, I found the same insert and installation for $3400. I also think I overpaid at $330 for less than an hour of work.

Description of Work
Cleaned the chimney and installed chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,fireplaces

09/02/2015

Melanie R.

Very prompt, courteous and professional. Laid down a drop cloth from the moment he set foot in the door. Cleaned the chimney quickly, cleaned up and told me how much soot he pulled out from the chimney. He was pretty certain the chimney had never been cleaned (house built in 2009 but fireplace not used by immediate previous owners). Then he went up to the attic and looked at the insulation as the home inspector put in his report that the insulation was too close to the chimney pipe. He agreed as he said it had been blown in and went down the gaps. He scheduled a time with me to come back and suck out the insulation and put the chimney flue width from the hole in compliance with code. That work has been scheduled. The office was very responsive, called to confirm the appointment when it was made, and then again the day before. I was also called when they were about 20 minutes away as it was raining pretty hard where they were and they wanted to check the weather in my area as well as let me know when they were arriving. Very good experience. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned the chimney and went into the attic to evaluate the home inspector's concern of the insulation being to close to the chimney.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

08/10/2015

Jerald T.

Great He even called and asked if he could come earlier than scheduled.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected the fireplace and the chimney.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

Heritage Chimney

We offer complete chimney and fireplace services and repairs. From cleanings, damper and cap replacements to masonry and brick repairs and total restorations/rebuilds. We also offer video inspection reports.

Reece's Klean Sweep & Hearth Inc

Reece’s Klean Sweep was founded 26 years ago by Warren Reece. In 2006 Travis, Warren’s son, took over the company to carry on the family tradition of quality service to our customers. Today we have only 2 employees to maintain quality workmanship with great detail. We serve many realty companies, estates, and bed and breakfast operations in the Asheville area.

Handy Home Helpers

Handy Home Helpers is the contractor you can trust and refer with our 10yr guarantee on all of our work you can't go wrong. Work and payments are set on schedule before starting your project. We have been serving Hendersonville, Asheville and surrounding areas from SC and TN for 17 years. We are licensed and insured. We promise quality work at a fair price. We tackle your projects in a timely manner and keep a tidy work area and keep your home clean while under construction. Handy Home Helpers is able to handle a small siding repair or a new home construction. Handy Home Helpers offers free quotes on any project. We have references and portfoilos available for viewing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Chimney Sweeping, Cleaning and Inspection, Chimney Smoke Problems, Animal Removal From Chimneys, Masonry Repairs consisting of: Mortar Crowns, Tuckpointing, Hearth & Firebrick Repair, Rebuilding/Repairing Chimney tops, Chimney Waterproofing and Water Damage Repair, Chimney Lining/Relining, Custom Metal Fabrication.