Colby's Home Repairs Gutters & Roofing

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2013

4.2

PO Box 185

Wallburg, NC 27373

FULL GUTTER SERVICE anything from repairs, cleaning, guards , and installs. don't keep looking at those nasty gutters, call Colby today for set up time. www.colbymortonshomerepair.com offering good prices and fully insured. -no mess left behind- Find us on Facebook and Instagram Facebook is Www.facebook.com/colbymortonroofing...

02/09/2021

Matthew R.

Absolutely awful. After showing up with samples, both of the contacts I had for this company simply ignored me...no returned calls for over a week and some line on nonsense about weather affecting their phones when they finally did return my fifth telephone message. This was the second contractor I had to fire in a week...starting to wonder what it actually takes to get on Angie's list; apparently not much.

Description of Work
Entire roof replaced

08/12/2020

Troy C.

I called Colby's Home Repairs when one of my skylights started leaking! He was able to come out the very next day and look at it. Colby was extremely professional and took great care to ensure my skylight would be leak free. I will definitely be using his services again in the future! Make sure to check him out if you're in the Winston-Salem area.

Description of Work
Leaking Skylight

04/23/2019

Joshua L.

I had an issue with a leak from my window, and had trouble with getting someone out to look that day since I have a young baby in the home. I called and they came that day. They checked to make sure there was no structural issues, and were able to identify the issue with the siding and the need to reseal the windows. After the weather cleared up, we scheduled an appointment and they came and completed the job in no time, and resealed the area around the windows that was leaking. I was grateful for their service!

Description of Work
Siding Repair

Category siding

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. Please keep us in mind if you need our assistance again. Colby Morton & Team

11/11/2018

John W.

I guess I wasn’t worth their time

Description of Work
Gutter replaced and gutter guards

10/17/2018

Linda I.

I was called by someone who told me a company would call me to arrange an estimate. I was later called by another person who more or less told me the same thing. Both said the company was out of Charlotte, NC, as that company dealt with buildings and apartment complexes; commercial facilities. No one else ever called, so I can't really complete your survey. I still need estimates and would like to proceed with the work, but can't do that unless I get someone out here. Thanks. Linda Idol

Description of Work
Install gutter guards on two buildings in my condo complex.

Category gutter repair

Hello [Member Name Removed], We do apologize for the inconvenience. If you would give us another chance in the future we would like to gain your business. Thanks, Colby & Team

05/26/2017

Donna L.

Colby seems like a nice guy and may do a good job but when you promise to send out the quote that same day and 3 weeks later have yet to hear from him then he is not someone I would want to use.

Description of Work
gutter replacement and roof patch

05/04/2017

Sonja B.

We hired them for a total roof replacement in November 2016. We have a 1400 sq. foot house, one story, no garage. It's not Biltmore. We went with Colby because insurance was going to cover only half of the cost, and his was the lowest estimate, but not by much. In retrospect, we have wished many times that we had paid the extra money to go with another bid. Colby sent 3 men out, one of whom was his father, and they warned me, "We are the world's slowest roofers." They made a believer out of me. They were here 7 consecutive days before they finished. Colby's excuse was that he was trying to please too many people and had his crew spread thin over several different jobs instead of concentrating more people on mine. They waited to clean up until after the job was done, which is probably typical, but I don't think they did a good job of it. The first time it rained, nails washed out of my gutters by the dozens, and that was on top of the many nails I picked up in the yard with the magnet AFTER they "cleaned up." I also picked up roofing paper, pieces of shingle, and Cellophane wrappers until my back hurt from bending over. They left ciggy butts all over my yard. The contract said that payment was due upon completion of work. Colby had promised me "one thousand percent" on the 6th day that the job would be done by that evening, so I had the check ready. However, after it was already dark, his father said he had to come back the next day and put up a ridge vent that had accidentally been thrown into another vehicle and was no longer on the job site. But he wanted me to pay up right then. It was too dark for me to see what the crew had done, and the job wasn't finished. When the promise wasn't kept, the check was. His father was irate. He said Colby wanted to put the money in the bank that day, but I wouldn't budge. I thought we deserved a finished job and a chance to see it in daylight before any payment was rendered -- and the contract agreed with me. His father ranted and raved about how they had lost money on my roofing job (not my fault that they took 7 days to do it) and cursed me in my own driveway and said, "Keep the **** check if it means that much to you." I walked back into the house before I said something I would regret. The 30 minutes of work his dad said he had to do the next day turned into 3 hours. I paid him with plenty of time to get the check in the bank. The contract came with a 10-year guarantee on labor and the manufacturer's warranty on the shingles. Fast-forward to the last week in April, 2017, which was just 5 months into the life of our new roof. We noticed a leak around an electrical box in a storage room off the porch one night after a few days of rain. I contacted Colby the following morning and without even seeing what the issue involved, he said, "We'll fix it on the spot" and sent 2 men out. One was a gutter guy and I am not sure what he knew about roofing. The other was a roofer, I think. They assessed the issue. Rain was coming in at a valley around some fascia board that was apparently not in great condition and inadequately flashed. I understand if replacing wood is outside of their purview, but they never said it was; it simply wasn't brought to our attention and they just worked around it. The men tried to contact Colby to ask what he wanted them to do about it while they were here, but they weren't able to get him on the phone. They caulked the leaky spot and left, but planned to schedule a return to replace the fascia board and put flashing where it needed to go. To make a long story a bit shorter, the repair was supposed to be Wednesday of this week -- not "on the spot," but a week later. That was 3 days ago. I texted Colby at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday morning and said, "Just text me before you are on your way here." I sat at home all day and heard nothing and saw no one. Between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m., I texted him again and asked why that had happened. "Oh, my goodness," he responded. "It's definitely on one of my truck's A-list. Let me call them and check immediately." It's currently 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and I have not heard anything back, not from him or from anyone who works for him. In the meantime, I contacted another roofer to assess and fix the damage. He came out and looked, pointing out numerous problem areas that had been created by Colby's crew's careless workmanship and inattentiveness to detail. He estimated around $300 to properly fix the issues. While we could probably save this money by trying (again) to get Colby's guys out here, at this point I have lost confidence in his willingness to a) help us, and b) do quality work. It might appear to be a free solution now, but we'll probably pay for it in the future when more problems arise. Instead of pressuring him to stand behind his 10-year labor guarantee, we are going to cut our losses and move on with someone else. Besides, after the way we have been ignored, there's no certainty that we could get him to send anyone to fix it anyway. We have simply been thrown under the bus. What a shameful commentary on him. From the beginning, Colby has over-promised and under-delivered. While it is true that his manners are impeccable and he seems to want to have a good company and a solid work ethic, MY experience has shown the company as a whole to be grossly unprofessional. I have read positive reviews and I wish I could've written one of them, but there's no way I can. I'm not saying don't hire them; I am just writing an honest review according to what happened to me. If you DO hire this company, I hope you have a good experience, but just know it has the potential to go south like Sherman, and if you're comfortable rolling the dice on that, good luck to you.

Description of Work
A new roof, and then a repair on that new roof 5 months later when it leaked.

11/19/2016

Jeffrey N.

Excellent prompt service at a great price.

Description of Work
Gutter guards installed

11/02/2016

Sharron B.

They could have been more punctual.

Description of Work
Free estimate on gutter work.

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/21/2016

Ibrahim T.

We needed some insurance work done on our roof and Colby was recommended. He had done some work for our son. Of all the others who came to do an estimate, Colby did the most comprehensive review and actually went up and took detailed pictures of what was wrong and what needed to be done. Absolutely courteous throughout, he explained how he would do it and everything. On the day they started, his crew arrived on time, and immediately went to work. They went over everything and when done, they left no trace that they ever were here. No trash, no junk shingles, just a clean, professional job. We are really, really pleased with Colby and his entire team. I would recommend Colby's for any work you need on your home as we will have him do a lot more for us. Our family is happy and you will be, too. Thanks Colby! Ibrahim

Description of Work
Repaired the flashing around chimney, loose shingles, sealant.

09/08/2016

Trish W.

Called and got serviced same day-the workers were professional, honest and friendly. service was $50 less than quoted over the phone-plus they took all the debris with them. Will definitely use them in the future!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

07/16/2016

Suzanne S.

Description of Work
There were a few issues in communication as they had lost a worker, and had to call me several times. The work was done well, on time, and at a reasonable cost.

01/29/2016

Robert P.

I have to say he performed a excellent service and the guttering looks great. I would recommend him above anyone I have ever used.

Description of Work
He performed by putting on a section of gutter on my roof. I must say he went beyond his pledge several weeks ago during the ice storm when my gutters was leaking into the inside of my garage. He said he would try to get to me during the breaks in between an he did do this at 8pm at night in the dark on my roof to give me a temporary fix until he could solve the problem.

12/08/2015

Kristine C.

04/09/2015

Wayne H.

Colby and his employees were extremely professional in work, in appearance, and in speaking with me on business and on everyday conversation, I certainly would recommend his company for all your construction needs. Great to meet him and great working with him.

Description of Work
Colby himself another employee came to my home and replaced 36' of seamless guttering along with two downspouts, he also had a product which I had never seen as I ask for gutter guards. I told him up front I did nit want the screen gutter guards because in my opinion they are more work than being without guards at all. He had a guard that was screwed down to my gutters and a 5 mph wind was supposed to blow the leaves off. I live in the foot hills Danbury and my house is a part of Hanging Rock MTN so I will up date this review in the fall of the year as my house is basically in the woods, it appeared that the gutter guards would be perfect and much less than those advertised on TV.

01/28/2015

Howard K.

Description of Work
I had a terrible experience with this company trying to get gutters cleaned. First they didn't show up for the first four times and they never called to say they were not coming until a day or two after the appintment. Then over a month later they set up an appointment at 12. Called around 2 to say they were on their way. They showed up at 3:50. They were here around 30 min and most of gutters still had debris in them. I called and was told they would not come back out. Colby was nice about it and said we didn't have to pay but they could not come back out.

Category gutter repair, roofing

06/05/2014

Jack K.

Description of Work
Repaired a 12 foot section of damaged gutter and cleaned my roof and gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roof cleaning

05/06/2014

Catherine R.

We had several companies give us an estimate on replacing the roof on our garage/workshop and we chose Colby's Home Repairs-Gutter guard & roofing and we are very pleased we did. They were all close on the price, but we chose Colby for his knowledge, professionalism and he was so easy to talk with. We called Colby and he was able to come out the same day to give us an estimate. When he arrived we were shocked at how young he was, but he was extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk with. We discussed what we would like to have done and came to an amicable agreement. He set a date for the next week. He called on Monday to confirm the date for the new roof. On the agreed upon date his crew showed up to begin the work when we noticed there were some small additional areas that needed to be addressed. Colby came to the site and we discussed the additional work and again came to an agreement for the additional work. All the work was completed that day and we were extremely satisfied with the quality of the work. The entire area was cleaned when the crew left . He called later that evening to make sure we were satisfied with the work that was done and to make sure there were no issues. We were extremely pleased with our experience and will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Colby replaced the roof on our garage and workshop.

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Tar Heel Basement Systems on Angi
    Dry Pro Foundation and Crawlspace Specialists

Dry Pro Foundation and Crawlspace Specialists, founded in 1999, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are a full-service company specializing in residential and commercial foundation repair, waterproofing and concrete repair solutions in the greater Charlotte, North Carolina area and parts of South Carolina. Dry Pro is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

K R Painting And Remodeling, LLC

New local business owner, looking to serve you in your projects and show you the potential of how we can grow with you. 5+ years of experience and continuing with your help we are much appreciated for your business, no job to big no job to small.

Check, Financing Available
    20.00

GUTTERS, GUTTER GUARD, GUTTER CLEANING, REPAIRS, ROOFING, ROOF LEAKS, HOME IMPROVEMENTS, INSTALLATIONS, GUTTER COVER, DRIP EDGE, FLASHING, CHIMNEY CAPS, HOME MANAGEMENT, RENTOVATIONS, SEAMLESS GUTTER AND ROOFING CONTRACTOR, PAINTING AND HANDYMAN JOBS

ELECTRIC AND PLUMBING