Studs & Suds LLC

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2016

2.1

1223 Cantlemere Street

Wake Forest, NC 27587

When you need a general contractor in Raleigh or the surrounding areas, call on Studs & Suds. Our skilled professionals are at your service for projects of any scope or size. From quick fixes to extensive renovations, we'll provide you with thorough, efficient results. We strive for professionalism

10/15/2017

Lisa F.

They were very punctual to show up and give an estimate. After that it went downhill. Started this project in July and finally in Sept had to hire another contractor to finish. After the demolition (which scratched my flooring all up outside the bath door and left my house covered in dust as try did not curtain anything off) I never saw them again. When text were answered there was an apology with an excuse. I paid for half of the service through Paypal and believe that is the only reason I was able to get money back. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Hired to gut a bathroom with tub and install a walk in shower and tile.

Category decks, remodeling, home remodeling

07/01/2017

Diana G.

Horrible. Joshua did not follow through and is not answering my calls. He only did half the job and hasn't refunded me what he owes me ($1000) for what he didn't do. Always had some new excuse about why the job wasn't getting done (for a month! He said it'd take a few days!!). I finally gave him a week deadline or I needed money back to hire someone else. He said he'd refund me and come that Friday deadline he's disappeared. The guys he hired to take down my deck showed up and said they're still waiting to get paid for other jobs they completed for him and that's why they hadn't come to finish the rest. It's a shame that I and others trusted him. All I know is reputation is everything--so as long as he keeps scamming people he'll go out of business.

Description of Work
Hired Joshua to do an urgent job: remove deck, regrade underneath b/c water was pooling underneath the deck (we were having extreme rain at the time we hired him), and pour cement barrier (smaller than a path/walkway) around back of home to protect foundation from further damage. He said he would make our job a priority and said he took half payment to start and the second half when it was complete--but it's still incomplete and he is not returning my calls.

Category concrete repair, decks, handyman service, landscaping, patios

07/01/2017

Gary B.

We hired Studs & Suds to remodel our existing screened porch to a three-season sun room. Our agreement specified a payment of $5,050.00 to start work and a second payment of $3,535.00 at completion of window framing and new ceiling installation. In March 2017 when we made the second payment, Studs & Suds told us that the ordered the Anderson windows from Home Depot. The day the windows were scheduled to arrive, we contacted Home Depot to check on status of the order. We were informed by Home Depot that Studs & Suds never paid for the windows. Studs & Suds kept our money. They have made no attempt to contact us or reimburse us for the upfront money we paid them. We had to hire a second contractor to complete the project.

Description of Work
Remodel of existing screened porch to three season sun room.

Category decks

04/29/2016

Warren C.

We were referred by a friend who was extremely happy with the porch / deck constructed by to Studs & Suds. We met with Joe and Joshua on two occasions and they were exactly on time for both appointments and always returned our calls and emails promptly. We were very impressed with their knowledge and suggestions for expansion. The quote they provided was in line with the other quality builders we contacted. Our timelines didn't work out (I guess it's a good sign that they are busy) so we ended up going with another contractor who could start the job earlier. I would not hesitate to use Studs & Suds for future work and plan to contact them when we redo our deck.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for expansion of screened in porch

Category decks

02/22/2016

David J.

Category handyman service

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

AMC Concrete

AMC Concrete specializes in pouring concrete, making stamped, and decorative works in your sidewalks, driveways, porches, and especially patios. AMC has been in this line of work for one and half decades. We are an owner-operated business.

Window Genie of NE Raleigh

4 employees Payment due at job completion

Decks, Porches and Sunroom design and construction Fence installations Bathroom Remodel Kitchen Remodel

We contract out all of our electrical, plumbing, and HVAC work. This is regarding any larger jobs.