FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

In business since 2000, Fisher Hardwood Flooring provides quality hardwood flooring installation and dust free hardwood floor refinishing in Wake Forest, Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Durham, and Chapel Hill, NC. Our commitment to quality products, craftsmanship, cleanliness, and customer service is

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

hardwood floors (93)flooring (35)

09/21/2022

kimberly M.

This was my second time hiring Fisher Flooring. Earlier this year I did two bedrooms, and now we completed the Master bedroom. The process was easy and the communication is great. I was given a date range for the install, and the team who installs does as great job of giving updates, they also are very courteous, cleaning up at the end of each day. The floors look great and they even lined up with previous flooring so it flows beautifully. I've already recommended to some family and friends. Check them out for your next job.

Description of Work
hardwood floors in my Master Bedroom

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 39888180

12/16/2021

Kathy B.

It went great. Matt and his team made themselves available to meet with us and get the floors installed in a short period of time. Matt went out of his way to be sure that we could match the new floors to our existing hardwoods to the greatest extent possible. The team was professional and considerate (I was working from home while the floors were being installed), and they worked efficiently. The new floors are beautiful!

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Installation

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

11/02/2021

Lois N.

Matt Fisher gave us a quote and a timeframe for the job within half an hour of a no-nonsense home visit. He explained the process, what his company's responsibilities are and what we would need to do. The wood was delivered and it was beautiful, and also sustainably harvested, which we appreciated. His crew was efficient, polite, meticulous, and very knowledgeable. We got stain samples displayed on our newly installed floors, which helped us to determine what we liked. They made the new floors mesh with the refinished, 40-year-old floors, perfectly. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
New hardwood floors, and refinish existing floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 39530054

10/08/2021

Lori A.

Matt and his team installed hardwoods in areas where carpet had been. They did an outstanding job! The floors look amazing, the crews were respectful, on time, and always updated us each morning when they arrived and each evening when they left. I would recommend this business.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Installation

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 39516186

10/01/2021

jim W.

Amazing - We had a 30-year-old section of hardwood and a 25-year-old section, which were re-finished. And Matt replaced two rooms of carpeted flooring with hardwood. The way the floors were blended (old to new) and finished makes it look like they were all done at the same time. And the color was exactly what we were looking for. We are truly delighted with our new floors. For us, this was a painless, on time, as priced experience. We would recommend Matt to anyone.

Description of Work
hardwood installation and sanding and finishing

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

03/04/2021

James M.

We had 2 bedrooms and hall done with new hardwood flooring to match some existing. Crew was hardworking, very efficient and courteous! Results exceeded our expectations! Would have loved to get the whole house done, but if I ever need flooring work done again I would definitely get these guys to do it. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
installed, sanded and finished new hardwood flooring in 2 bedrooms and a hallway

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

01/08/2021

stephanie S.

Matt and his team did a fantastic, detailed, careful job installing hardwood floors in our master bedroom. Matt's quote was quick, easy & accurate. The crews that installed and finished the floors were both great - courteous and detail oriented. The install went very smoothly and the floors are a great match to the existing hardwoods in our home. Matt checked in the whole time to make sure we were happy with the process and the result. I would not hesitate to use them again and have already recommended Fisher Flooring to friends.

Description of Work
install new hardwood flooring in master bedroom

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

08/31/2020

Rustin W.

Matt and his team did a great job of replacing the wood that needed replacing and then sanding and re-finishing our complete downstairs. The workmanship is beautiful and all completed on time and on budget! We would highly recommend Fisher Flooring to anyone needing wood flooring work.

Description of Work
Our Hardwood flooring needed some repair and then refinishing

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

05/31/2020

frank G.

Fantastic job. Not the lowest estimate, but in this area, you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
install new wood, sand and finish existing

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

04/21/2020

Patricia L.

Fabulous. They exceeded my expectations, the floors are absolutely beautiful.

Description of Work
remove carpet, installed new hardwood flooring

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

02/13/2020

Joan H.

Matt's crew were extremely professional and careful in refinishing our aged wood floors. The floors look new again, and our rooms are so enhanced by the work that was done. We are so impressed that we will have them refinish two other floors that we weren't considering having to redo. Thank you!

Description of Work
Refinishing wood floors in kitchen, family room and library.

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

10/12/2019

tom M.

My wife and I both are very happy with the job Matt and his crew did. This is our second time using Fisher Harwood flooring. We could not be more pleased. Matt had the job done on time, at the estimated cost and they did great work!

Description of Work
sanding and finishing

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

09/19/2019

Janet R.

Terrific job. Amost entire 1st floor was 18 year old hardwood - terrible looking. Now it is better than when new. Multi-step process from covering surrounding area with plastic to several sanding efforts to final finish coats. Well done.

Description of Work
Refinish Hardwood Floors

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

06/10/2019

Wanda H.

Matt & his crew spent 4 days refinishing my hardwood flooring. Excellent results! Very respectful of property left work areas clean.

Description of Work
Sand & refinish hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/23/2019

Donald D.

It went beautifully except my husband and I removed the protective tape at the time recommended by the owner and some of the stain and top coat came off as the tape was removed. I immediately called the owner and he came that same day to see what had happened. His recommendation was to completely refinish the stairs again and that his company would absorb the cost. The work began nearly immediately and was finished promptly and efficiently. My husband and I were impressed by the integrity of the owner Matt Fisher and how quickly he worked to resolve our problem. He stood behind the quality of his company’s workmanship and its reputation. I would highly recommend Matt Fisher of Fisher Hardwood Flooring to anyone who is interested in repairing or refinishing their hardwood floors. I would like to add another comment. I was surprised that there was never a contract made between Fisher Hardwood Flooring and myself, I asked Matt about that at the time of the initial quote and he told me there would be no written contract. I was a little uncomfortable about not having a written contract but in the end that was not a problem. My husband and I remain extremely grateful and impressed with Fisher Hardwood Floors and would call them again without question.

Description of Work
Oak stairs refinished

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

05/23/2019

Sarah C.

Beautiful job! Exactly what we hoped for! Would and will highly recommend! Excellent crew. Started on time, finished on time. Left our house clean!

Description of Work
Sanding, lightening and refinishing older wooden floors

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

05/21/2019

Donald D.

All of the proposed work was done in a timely and professional manner. The team arrived at 8:00 am on day one and everything was completed by 12:30 pm on the following day. The backs of the stairs which were originally painted white were considered our responsibility to repaint as well as any trim needing replacement. I would have preferred the company replace and stain the trim needed to finish the job but that was not given as an option. The stain is still in the process of drying and I am writing this before I can inspect the work closely, but what I can see looks very nicely finished.

Description of Work
I needed carpet to be removed from our main staircase and landing (14 steps and a landing) and the oak wood underneath refinished.

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 37887420

04/09/2019

Geoffrey M.

Matt Fisher and his team did a really good job refinishing the oak hardwood floors in my house (about 700 ft2). The floors were partially sanded when Fisher took over the job, but they did a good job finishing the work and I'm very happy with the results. Since the floors were already bare, they were able to finish the work very fast (in under a week) and were able to start on the project within days of hiring them. I was very impressed by how punctual both Matt and his crew were; when I said I would meet them at whatever time they were there waiting and ready to start. I got several photo updates throughout the process so that I knew exactly what was happening on each day and Matt was very responsive to all my questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 37810176

03/21/2019

Rebecca R.

Matt is very responsive, responds to emails very timely. The crew arrived on time as scheduled and the job was completed within the timeline established before the start of the job.

Description of Work
Carpet removed on stairs and in second floor loft area and replaced with hardwood floors. New stair treads installed and everything stained to match.

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

03/18/2019

Kathryn D.

We’ve been using Fisher Hardwood for over the past 6 years. The professionalism and quality of craftsmanship is always the best. I would absolutely recommend Fisher Hatdwood to anyone looking to have their floors refinished or a new install.

Description of Work
Wood floor install to the bonus room

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 37767108

03/18/2019

Thomas M.

Matt was the last bid of 4 companies, when he left the house he had my business. Other companies needed a few days to price out the job, Matt was “old school” with a legal yellow pad and a laser tape measure. He sent me the contract that night and the wood was delivered about 1 week later. Project was finished in a few days with less dust than I expected. Crew was professional, courteous and neat. When I am ready to re-finish the hardwoods on the 1st floor I will definitely be calling Matt @ Fisher Flooring.

Description of Work
Install unfinished H/W on 2nd floor, sand & stain

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

Review for FISHER HARDWOOD FLOORING - 700 S WINGATE ST, Wake Forest, NC - 37767180

01/06/2019

Bill D.

After reviewing and interviewing several hard wood flooring companies we found the best one. Matt Fisher is a consummate professional when it comes to hard wood flooring. A local Wake Forest, NC business, Matt and his team of highly skilled and competent personnel, replaced all of hard wood flooring efficiently, effectively, and comprehensively. His knowledge of hard wood flooring is at the top of the board. He is flexible and willing to work with your schedule. You will get what you pay for and be extremely pleased with the outcome. We would recommend him to anyone. A truly first class business owner and business.

Description of Work
Replacement of 1st floor hardwoods

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

12/23/2018

Jennifer L.

Perfect. Excellent communication, quality product, exceptional craftsmanship, done correctly the first time, and in the timeframe promised. We called Fisher at the recommendation of a friend, after spending a month with a different flooring company, who totally botched an attempt at installing hardwoods in our bedroom. Thank goodness for Fisher, they came in and got the job done, just in time for Christmas. The guys he sent to do the job were courteous, neat, prompt, and knowledgeable, unlike our experience with the other company. We were highly satisfied with every aspect of our experience with Fisher, and our floor is gorgeous. We plan to contact them in the future for anything that we need related to hardwood floors.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installed & finished

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor