F Scott Davis Chimney Sweep Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2006

1701 Forestville Rd.

Wake Forest, NC 27587

For 30 years we have provided our customers with expert service and advice pertaining to the inspection, detection, correction and prevention of all types of issues with solid fuel (wood) burning appliances. Additional Email: fssweep@earthlink.net

08/23/2017

ann E.

very well. covered floor and cleaned up all the mess. very knowledge and professional.

Description of Work
cleaned chimney

08/23/2017

ann E.

very professional. Laid cloth. on the floor, completely cleaned up any mess both inside and out side.

Description of Work
clean chimney.

01/21/2015

Wayne R.

Scott is very good. It is a family run buisness. He is very professional. He knows what he is talking about. If it is something that he can't handle he is very good in telling you.

Description of Work
We used him to clean our chimney. He also did an evaluation on a roof leak.

12/09/2014

christian M.

The safety inspection exposed lots of issues. Unfortunately the repairing is out of the budget. I won't be able to use it unless I find an affordable way.

Description of Work
clean the chimney

10/26/2014

Anne B.

Scott Davis came out to my house and inspected the chimney and original chimney cap for rust, leaks, and damage from squirrels. Scott custom built a replacement chimney cap with 2 vents in about 2 weeks - just as promised - and according to the estimate. He was prompt and courteous in keeping appointments with me, as well as very flexible when I needed to reschedule our second appointment. Scott was very careful about getting the old cap down from the roof and the new cap installed without damaging the chimneys, the new roof, the house siding, or the driveway. All in all, I was extremely pleased with Scott's work and would recommend him to friends, family, and anyone needing chimney work.

Description of Work
Inspected chimney; built and installed a custom replacement chimney cap with 2 vents.

10/22/2014

Mark B.

Scott came out to inspect and clean my chimney since I had recently bought the house. After inspecting it he determined that the chimney was pretty clean and didn't need any sweeping. His honesty saved me (and cost him) a few bucks. He could have done the cleaning like I expected since I had no idea if it needed it or not. He also found that a gas lock was on my damper from a previous homeowner having a propane line ran to the fireplace and removed it. Now my damper closes properly and completely. My home inspector missed this. Scott was professional and personable and I will definitely be calling him again in the future.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

09/16/2014

Robin G.

Worker was professional and thorough. He rebuilt a cracked and crumbling mortar cap and also offered excellent advice on what to do about an old ventless gas burning insert (replace it with vented). He also offered to repair the other metal-capped prefab chimney when the inserts are swapped out.

Description of Work
inspected chimneys and repaired/rebuilt mortar chimney cap

08/07/2014

KATIE E.

I had called because there was starting to be obvious water damage on the inside of the the house apparent in the painted brick surrounding the fireplace. Unfortunately, once he power washed the exterior, he decided that we really needed a mason based on the level of deterioration. He was very helpful in discussing with me how to paint and clean the interior of the box to make it more attractive and clean (we don't use the fireplace) and I would call him again if we ever need a sweep!

Description of Work
Checked the chimney, installed a new cap and suggested a waterprotection service that he ultimately decided wouldn't work for our problem.

07/31/2014

Amy W.

He was prompt and helpful with deciding on whether to buy the house.

Description of Work
He cleaned and inspected chimney and gave me his honest opinion of the chimney and my next steps

07/07/2014

Deborah B.

They were kind enough to move a 400 pound Big Jim insert which was not part of their job. Work was done in a timely fashion and they covered all the flooring and protected everything. They put in a lining and repaired all the cracks and fixed the brickwork on top Then once the work was done the did photo's and another video scope to show the work to me. They also made sure they wore booties every time they came into the house and cleaned everything up before leaving. The owner called twice to see how things were going and then after the work to make sure all went well. And they provided financing with no interest as well Fantastic company and crew.

Description of Work
Inspection to chimney using video scope. Showed me frame by frame all the fire damage from previous owner using wrong insert. Also took photos of chimney stack on roof of damage I did know was already there. Gave reasonable quote to reline the smoke stack and repair brick work on roof.

06/03/2014

brett B.

professional, on time, and very informative

Description of Work
cleaned and inspected chimney

05/28/2014

Theresa J.

Excellent. They were very thorough, polite, and did not leave a mess.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and duct work. I can't remember the price.

05/12/2014

Chris B.

Excellent customer communication, punctual and professional. After inspection I was advised I did not require the sweeping service as the chimney simply wasn't in need it. The rain cap was installed quickly and efficiently and overall I am very happy with the service. Would recommend and use again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Inspected chimney and added rain cap.

05/09/2014

Missy F.

I've always used F Scott Davis for anything to do with my fireplace / chimney. They are prompt, reliable, professional & honest. Highly recommend them, they do great work. (BTW, I cannot recall exact pricing so this was a guess)

Description of Work
Chimney sweeping & check-up

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

05/07/2014

Felicia R.

Very well, no complaints or second thoughts

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and gave recommendations for some repairs that he wasn't licensed to do (gas firelighter repair)

04/29/2014

Matt B.

Everything went fine. They had a fair price and everything worked out well. It was very good.

Description of Work
Scott Davis Chimney Sweep Inc. fixed our chimney cap last March.

Category chimney caps

04/27/2014

BRIAN S.

He was very friendly and professional. He showed up on time and inspected 2 fireplaces that we had never used since purchasing the house. Since there was nothing to be done he charged us less! He was very honest and fair! Excellent!

Description of Work
He inspected 2 fireplaces.

03/20/2014

Ward C.

Our chimney is very tall and required a 50 foot ladder, which necessitated: 1) my having to cut down tall bushes on side of house with chimney; and 2) the chimney sweep having to hire another man to help hoist and stabilize ladder. I was glad that chimney sweep did not take unnecessary risks. The chimney sweep listened carefully to my goals, which were to: 1) stop rain from leaking into chimney; 2) prevent hot air from escaping from chimney (energy efficiency); and 3) keep birds from nesting in chimney. He recommended a damper that provided a good seal, was reliable and durable, and had a life-time guarantee. The unit also had a stainless steel chain that ran from the top to the bottom of the chimney, so that damper could be opened or closed inside the house. The chimney swift ordered several dampers, because he could not see what size was needed from the ground, so he could install a unit at that time.. Overall, we were very satisfied with the service and products provided by the chimney sweep. While we ended up paying more for the damper than planned, we think it was well worth it in order to meet all of our goals and never have to replace it as long as we lived in this house.

Description of Work
recommended and Installed damper on top of chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

02/13/2014

Richard P.

Found cracks in the crown and recommended sealing with crowncoat. Provided photos of the crown before and after application of the sealant.

Description of Work
Inspected the chimney including the crown and cap.

Category chimney repair

01/27/2014

Charlene R.

The service was great. My family and I just purchased a home and we wanted the chimney inspected and swept. I explained this was our first home and I needed to know as much information as possible about the fireplace. Well, I received just that, great detail and information about how the fireplace works, and what are the basics when using a fireplace. I felt Scott went out of his way to be clear about the information and that I understood as well. I received very good advice from a professional who I would definitely use again and recommend to my friends and neighbors. It turned out our fireplace only needed the inspection during this visit. Thank you to Scott and his company for great service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

01/26/2014

Elizabeth W.

Highly recommend him!! Very nice man and he did a great job. Will definitely use him again.

01/07/2014

Erika T.

Mr. Davis arrived well ahead of the scheduled time which was a pleasant surprise. After doing a thorough inspection of the chimney he said and actually showed me, that it was "clean as a whistle" and that there was really nothing that needed to be done. As such he only charged me for the visit and his time. I was impressed by his honesty and professionalism because he could have cleaned the chimney without telling me that it was not needed and charged me the full cleaning price. I will most definitely recommend his company to anyone. It was a pleasure dealing with Mr. Davis.

Description of Work
Check and clean chimney as needed.

11/11/2013

Jim B.

We have not had heat for about a week (broken heating unit - another issue being dealt with) and wanted to at least use the fireplace. But it hadn't been cleaned in too many years, so I called around. Scott was the only one who could do the job before Thanksgiving. Though the appointment was for 11:00, Scott called to say he was running ahead and asked to come sooner! He was very polite, and extremely professional. Brought in his equipment after spreading a cleaning tarp. I was initially told it could take up to 45 minutes, but he was done in much less! By the time he was finished, the only thing to note that he had been at the house was a clean firebox! Not a spot of dirt anywhere in the living room or house. Scott even gave me some information on the chimney cap, which I would not have thought about. Yes, that could mean more business for him - but he didn't push or even suggest I get it looked at right away and try to schedule an appointment with me to do so. He just left it as an added service and a suggestion.

Description of Work
Inspected the firebox and chimney, then cleaned the chimney and firebox

11/03/2013

Benjamin T.

Scott had previously replaced our chimney cap, and I asked Scott to examine an area of wood rot on the chimney near the cap (no issue with the cap itself). Scott is great to work with - we made an appointment, and he called the week of and the morning of to confirm. He came out and replaced the one board. Scott's main focus was ensuring the work was high quality and that we were happy with the results, which I greatly appreciate.

Description of Work
Follow-up on a prior repair.

Category chimney caps

11/03/2013

Serena K.

Great. I had scheduled a cleaning and inspection. Only the inspection was done because the chimney was in good condition and didn't need cleaned. He also showed me how to operate the flue in this type of chimney. I will use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Performed a chimney inspection.