A1 Installer

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2009

3713 Marigold Ln

Wake Forest, NC 27587

My name is Robert Doelker and I love technology. I specialize in all types of technology related installations. We are a small business here in Raleigh. When you call you'll speak to me always. Your installation will be done by me also. We are fully insured for liability so your Home and your

06/08/2020

Wayne M.

Very pleased with product and installation. Robert knows his stuff!!!

Description of Work
Upgrading home wifi service and adding Apple TV

Category car alarms, home automation

10/10/2019

Joseph W.

never heard back from A1 Installer. Total disappointment

Description of Work
install rooftop antenna

Category tv antenna

Hey [Member Name Removed], Sorry I missed your request. I haven't used Angie's list in a while. So I don't always see the request. I no longer install Antennas. So I wouldn't have been able to help you anyway. Sorry you felt you needed to give me an F. Seeing that I have never had an upset customer I actually worked with or talked to. But thanks for keeping it fair.

08/06/2018

Jason A.

This is the second time we've hired Robert to mount a TV's in our home. He did the job in a thorough, timely and professional manner. We hired Robert to install a TV over 2 fireplaces and 1 on the bonus with a full motion mount. He's the only one I would trust to do this type of work! I will recommend him to all my family and friends!

Description of Work
3 TV's mounted on the wall

07/31/2018

Bob M.

Robert was awesome. He did a great job. Would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Wiring and AV set up

05/30/2018

Gary R.

Robert did a great job mounting our 65 inch TV and setting it up for our use. He did the job in a thorough, timely and professional manner. This is the second time we've hired Robert to mount a TV in our home. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Mount new TV above fireplace

09/18/2017

Frank B.

The work was done exactly according to instruction. Extremely professional. Prompt and responsive.

Description of Work
Install TV and surround sound

05/01/2017

Marilyn B.

What can I say. Robert does amazing work! His suggestions made the room into something that we did not know we wanted or needed until we had it. I highly recommend A1 for your media and wiring needs.

Description of Work
Helped us to turn an unfinished bonus room into a beautiful media room!

Category party planning, home theater design, cable tv service

04/08/2017

Frances M.

He did very well. It was exactly what I bought.

Description of Work
Hung two TV's.

Category ceramic tile

03/20/2017

Curt P.

He is extremely knowledgeable and competent. His price was excellent and he was on time and responsive to all of our needs. I would highly recommend them and will definitely be using them in the future!

Description of Work
Robert came to our home and corrected all of our internet and wireless router issues!

Category home theater design, phone wiring, cable tv service, home automation

01/03/2017

Christopher F.

Excellent. Robert was very responsive with answering questions over email. Polite office staff when calling to schedule. Robert was professional, on time, up front and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
wiring for mounting tv over a fireplace- HDMI, coax cables and outlet install.

Category electrician, home theater design, tv antenna

12/21/2016

justin W.

Great work. Friendly and knowledgeable and provided really quality work at an affordable price. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Set up home entertainment system including Sonos surround sound, DVR receivers, apple TV, and logitech universal remote. Also mounted 3 TVs on brackets including a 60 inch LCD over a fireplace.

Category home theater design, cable tv service, home automation

12/07/2016

Natalie C.

Robert was great - very knowledgeable - explained everything - discussed options. The professionalism and quality of his work was beyond our expectations. Our particular room required wiring to be installed from under house - final product was beautiful.

Description of Work
55 inch TV to be mounted above fireplace - which is brick.

10/24/2016

Philippe F.

The installation was great and the quality of the work was superb.

Description of Work
Install TV on a brick wall above the fireplace.

Category electrician, party planning, home theater design, tv antenna, cable tv service

09/29/2016

Victor C.

Perfect. Arrived on time, did great work and cleaned up after himself. Would hire again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Hung Plasma TV on wall

Category cable tv service

08/06/2016

KAREN M.

great! He was really skilled at what he did. I would definitely use him again and have already recommended him!

Description of Work
cable run above fireplace and tv mounted

08/04/2016

Damian G.

Robert is really great; he arrived on time, explained everything, and then he got to work. He set the TV up on a bracket in our stone wall, installed and placed the room speakers, and re-arranged all of our other equipment so that it was orderly, easy to operate, and most importantly - great looking. The TV looks great on the wall. He set up our receiver, tested all of the sound, and then set up our remotes and explained everything. Could not be happier with the service - Robert has so much knowledge and could get any room done the way you want it. he is also very familiar with all the various brands and the components - and can give you advice or help you out if you are looking to add components.

Description of Work
TV mounted on brick wall above fireplace, receiver & speakers setup and configuration

07/27/2016

justin W.

Robert was AWESOME. Did an unbelievable job. Everything looks great and he made some suggestions to solve a few minor issues. All of his ideas worked great. Very professional and easy to work with. Highly Recommended!

Description of Work
3 TVs mounted on wall including a 60 inch TV over a Fireplace. Set up home theater system

07/21/2016

Michelle F.

I had reached out to 3 Angie's List providers to get quotes on re-running an in-wall HDMI cable for my mounted TV that had broke. Robert responded to my text within minutes with a quote despite it being July 4th. He wasn't the cheapest quote, but I went with him because of responsiveness and let me tell you it was a GREAT decision. He came into my house and immediately went mad scientist on trying to figure out the best setup for the best digital experience for the least amount of money. He was energetic and passionate. He even remounted my TV for me because I didn't center it well the first time. I apparently had a whole bunch of equipment and wiring in my cabinet from the previous homeowner that he voluntarily hooked up and made use of. After coming in for a replacement HDMI cable, he walked away giving me a 10x better experience all for about the same amount of money he originally quoted me. He is also providing me a list of recommended technology and equipment to further improve my setup. He was conscious of getting me the best pricing for the devices and recommended I order from Amazon to save the cash. He took extra time to make sure everything was setup right, looked nice and answered all my "dumb" questions. I would recommend him in a heart beat, dang I would probably even invite him over for my next neighborhood BBQ. All around great guy and I am super happy with his service. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Re-run an HDMI cable for my mounted TV that was broke.

07/19/2016

John D.

Robert did an excellent job installing our TV over the fireplace. He had great recommendations, did excellent work and left house as clean as when he arrived. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have they TV installed

Description of Work
TV Mounted over Fireplace

04/26/2016

Jonathan H.

There are many different companies or individuals in the Triangle area offering to hook up a TV and home theater. I am convinced that none is better than Robert. He really knows his business. He is personal, professional and very knowledgeable. He is also punctual (calls before he arrives). I had several equipment problems with my setup, none of which was Robert's fault, but he always returned to get it done right. Thanks to Robert, we now have a perfectly-operating home theater system with beautiful TV picture, great 5.1 sound, and no visible cables. And the remote handles everything. Robert may not be the cheapest, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. If you want a first class, professional installation, contact Robert. But do it soon, because he has a waiting list/

Description of Work
Robert mounted my new 65 inch 4K TV on the wall above my mantle, hooked up my audio-visual receiver and Blu Ray player, hid all the speaker cables, programmed the remote, and made certain that everything worked perfectly.

Category home theater design

Thanks for your honest review [Member Name Removed], it's always a pleasure working with you.

04/11/2016

Peter P.

Immediately upon submitting my order, received immediate confirmation email from provider, and similar responses to follow up email. Miguel arrived within the time frame originally set. Even called on Monday to make sure stated time of arrival was still good. Upon arrival immediately looked at rooms to be cleaned, and went right to work. Within 45 minutes all rooms were Miguel is a very professional and friendly person who takes pride in his work and work ethic. I would highly recommend A1 Cleaners to amyone.

Description of Work
Vacummed and cleaned carpets in 3 rooms.

03/04/2016

John H.

Robert, the owner, did an "outstanding" job. He was very courteous; prompt; and worked efficiently. He cleaned up all debris following his work. I highly recommend him, and will certainly contact him for similar work.

Description of Work
Installed TV over fireplace in Keeping Room; Installed music system throughout home (speakers were already installed when home was constructed; and provided guidance to my wife and me about the system's usage. Final payment was slightly less than his original estimate.

02/24/2016

Michael W.

He was thorough, answered a thousand questions this older lady asked, explained how all aspects of hjow sound was working in my case. He was very upfront about the approximate cost of the job. He did not seem to be rushed. He would have cleaned up thoroughly but I released him to go.

Description of Work
In stalled a tv, sound bar, hdmi cables, outlet for tv. as well changing woofer and speaker wires for easier excess.

Category electrician, home theater design, cable tv service

11/05/2015

shannon W.

Rob was very professional and showed up when expected. Answered all of our questions and made appropriate suggestions. Does not try to oversell you with a bunch of other stuff. We will definitely be using him in the near future and for any other "projects" we have. He made sure everything was working and we could use all the features before he left. We are extremely happy with our results.

Description of Work
Mounted a new 4K TV. Dropped 3new HDMI cables, and optical. Added RF receiver for controls and programmed to hide all components. Drilled/added new lines and power for sound bar. Updated wifi router/extender to speeds upwards of 200Mbps (waiting for TWC new router for 300Mbps) I think this is all, we may have had a few other things in there too, but this is the major stuff.

10/18/2015

Drew K.

They did an execellent job. My only suggestion to the provider is to do schedule changes by phone as well as email.

Description of Work
Had large screen TV mounted to the wall, as well as, the soundbar.

MC Master Drywall, Inc

With almost 25 years of experience, we can handle all of your painting and drywall needs. We are known for our attention to detail and speedy service and look forward to helping give your home a fresh look!

Orozco Drywall of Raleigh

We are Orozco Drywall of Raleigh and we provide residential and commercial drywall services, painting and more services in Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to contact us now! Residential Drywall Services, Commercial Drywall Services, Drywall Company, Painting Contractor, Painting Service, Exterior Painting, Interior Painting, Residential Painting, Commercial Painting, Painting Company, Commercial Drywall Company, Residential Drywall Company, Popcorn Ceiling Repair, Professional Painting Contractor, Professional Painting Company, Drywall Installation, Professional Drywall Installation, Exterior Painter, Interior Painter, Residential Painter, Residential Drywall Repair, Residential Drywall Contractor, Interior House Renovation, Exterior House Renovation, Cabinet Replacement, Cabinet Renovation, Floor Renovation Youngsville, NC Drywall Contractor, Drywall Service, Sheetrock Installation, Ceiling Crack Repair, Drywall Finishing http://orozcodrywall.com/

Kodiak Drywall

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Home theater & surround sound. HD TV. Speaker installation. Wireless networks. Data cabling. TV installation. Universal remote programming, Wifi upgrades for extended range, Wired Network upgrades, Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, Spotify Airplay help. Projector systems and screens. Home Theater setup and planning.

We do not repair broken electronics. We can diagnose most home entertainment issues and recommend a replacement item and install it for you. We no longer install OTA outdoor or attic antennas. We also no longer do any type of installation requiring us to get on the roof of any building. This will be effective Jan1st 2015. Thanks for your understanding.