Minyard Plumbing

Founded 1983 • With Angi since September 2011

389 Starnes Cir Dr

Taylorsville, NC 28681

Minyard Plumbing, Inc. is a locally owned, family owned business that has been serving our area for over 30 years. We have experienced and professional technicians that will take care of any problem you may have at your home or business. You will always talk to a live person... never a machine. We are licensed and insured and look forward to working with you....

03/07/2022

Lee E.

I have used Minyard over the years and have always been pleased with the level of service. Today Jeremiah and Norell came out and repaired a leaking water line. They were on time, very professional, courteous, and efficient. I highly recommend this company. Great folks. -Lee Ennis

Description of Work
Water Pipe Repair

03/29/2017

Richard R.

Plumber actually arrived early. He very quickly took care of the problems, though he did have to go out to buy and new cartridge for the leaking shower. Everything was done satisfactorily.

Description of Work
Dealt with leaking shower, swapped hot and cold lines that had been installed improperly, and installed two water saving shower heads.

12/11/2016

Richard H.

On December 2nd, I called Minyard Plumbing and asked them to come fix my ailing water heater. They sent two employees out, and after about 40 minutes, they came to tell me that the problem was a broken lower element and they had fixed it. The bill was $117.13, which seemed reasonable. The next morning when I went to take a shower, I had only a little bit of hot water, same problem as before. I called Minyard and spoke with Amy, and she informed me that she could send someone out to my house to look at it but that there would be additional charges for labor and probably parts. I told her that their workers had told me that the water heater was fixed and that I believed at the time my payment was compensation for successfully completed work. I assumed this work carried a warranty, even if it was only for 30 or 90 days. She explained to me that her workers needed to be paid no matter how long it took them to figure out the problem, and that there would be no follow up without new charges. I asked her then if the previous visit's expenses could be applied to the installation of a new water heater, and she gave me a flat no. Honestly, I felt a little cheated when I got up the morning after the repair to find lukewarm water, but though disappointed I thought to myself, no big deal, Minyard will make it right. I was really surprised to find that getting a job done accurately and at a reasonable price was not an interest the company shared. They accepted no responsibility for their faulty diagnosis, and showed no interest in working with me on the matter. I would strongly recommend to anyone that they not use Minyard Plumbing both because the staff is unethical and because the workers don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the technical aspects of their jobs. I had to call a second company out to my house, which quickly diagnosed the problem and got my water heater working. Hopefully, I've found a company now that will actually stand behind their work.

Description of Work
My water heater was only working at about half capacity, giving me very short showers and with only warm temperatures.

01/02/2015

Clifford D.

It went well. They also installed a sink and water lines. They were always prompt and courteous. They clean up after themselves. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They added a gas hot water heater to my house.

Category water heater repair

10/07/2014

James R.

The company called to see if they could come early. The plumber arrived and performed the work. He was very professional and every thing was repaired. He used polymeric pipe to replace some sections of very old copper line. One of the hose bibs was going to be expensive to repair (industrial fixture used in a residence) so he replaced it for much less than it would have been for repair. He located the main shut off, but various remodeling activities made it inaccessible. He re-worked the area around the pressure regulator and added a ball valve for quick shut-off in the event of an emergency. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Locate or install a main water shut off in the house. Fix a couple of very small leaks in copper lines. Check and repair, as needed, two outdoor hose bibs

05/06/2014

Michael M.

It was good.They were prompt, they showed up when they said they'll show up so it was very quick.Price was very reasonable and quality was very good.

Description of Work
The only one we used was Minyard Plumbing. We had them replaced our faucets.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

04/07/2014

James T.

Great! Punctual and reasonable

Description of Work
Repaired frozen line

04/07/2014

Lauire W.

great. they are very professional and did a great job

Description of Work
replaced toilets, fixed hot water heater drain, replaced outside faucet

04/04/2014

Suzanne C.

Arrived same day after requesting the service and did the job with no problems. Great service!!

Description of Work
Replaced 50 gal. hot water tank. Drained old one, picked up new one, installed it and took away old tank.

01/15/2014

Susan A.

The last 2 water bills showed an excessive water usage. We tried to find the source of the problem but to no avail. We contacted the water department who in turn advised us to consult with a plumber. We called the company yesterday, and a plumber was immediately sent to our house. He reviewed the situation . It was through the plumber 's diligence that the source of the problem was found and fixed. We have used this company before. Everyone from the office staff to the plumber (The same one came for our other problems.) is friendly, courteous, helpful, and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
The plumber determined the source of our excessive water usage and fixed it.

11/19/2013

Margaret S.

Minyard came to our house to talk about moving the gas line and putting in a gas fireplace. We are not going to do it at this time. However, we have used Minyard for years now for all our plumbing needs. They are professional and always get the job done correctly. We have only had positive experiences with them.

Category plumbing

[removed member name] thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We are thankful for loyal customer like yourself, who appreciate and recognize our continuous efforts to make sure our customers are happy with our service. Thank you again for your kind words... we look forward to working with you in the future.

08/16/2013

Clifford D.

We noticed a gurgling sound coming from he tub when the toilet was flushed. Minyard Plumbing came to the house, checked the venting under the home and then examined the vent stack piping in the attic to determine that the stack still had a plug in it from when the system was checked prior to the completion of the home's plumbing inspection. They then quickly corrected that problem. Courteous and friendly staff both in person and on the phone, Quickly responded to our call and completed all work as per their estimate.

Description of Work
Connected a vent stack that had not been properly connected and which caused a gurgling sound when the toilet was flushed.

Category plumbing

[member name removed], we just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We are so glad that you were pleased with the work we did at your house. We are honored that you would call us to be your local plumber and assist you with any plumbing needs you might require. Thanks again and we look forward to working with you in the future. Amy

08/03/2013

Edwin T.

The job went very well and all of the work was done to high standards.

Description of Work
Completed all of the work needed to restore a foreclosed house. This included leaky faucets, broken outside spigots, toilet tank repairs and some new tubing installs for refrigerator water connections. They also verified that the drains were all working properly by using a submertsible video sustem.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Hey (removed member name), thank you for leaving us such a kind review and choosing us to do all the work in your beautiful new home. You and your wife have been such a pleasure to work with and we look forward to seeing you settle in and enjoy retirement in Hickory. Please let us know if there is anything else you need so I can send Scott out to "aggravate" you. :-) Thank you again... we are thankful to have you as a customer.

06/17/2013

Susan A.

The plumber was friendly, courteous, helpful, and arrived at his scheduled time. We had thought that our refrigerator had a specific plumbing related problem. The plumber looked at the situation, explained what the actual problem was (not a plumbing problem), and remedied it.

Description of Work
He diagnosed our refrigerator leak problem.

Category plumbing

Hello (removed member name), thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send in a review for us. We are glad that we could properly pin point the problem with your refridgerator and fix it for you. Please know that we are very thankful for to have you as a new customer and we look forward to working with you in the future.

06/01/2013

Sue M.

The plumber determined that faucet could not be repaired due to a frozen set screw on the control handle.He had Amy contact Grohe to get a new faucet free of charge under their lifetime warranty promise.It took her a couple of months to get Grohe to cooperate but she was relentless in her advocacy for the us.This kind of customer support is rare and hard to find and this is why I will never use any other plumbing company.

Description of Work
Replaced humidifier pad in central heating humidifier located under the house in the crawl space. Checked Grohe kitchen faucet for low flow rate.

Category plumbing

[member name removed], thank you so much for the awesome review you left for us. We feel very blessed to have great customers like you that will take the time to give us positive feedback. We really appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you in the future.

04/04/2013

Kim O.

They did everything right, no problems. They were on time an punctual.

Description of Work
I used Minyard Plumbing to install a new toilet and utility sink.

Category plumbing

Hey [member name removed], thank you for the complimentary review. We are pleased to know you are happy with the project you allowed us to do in your home. My family is blessed to have such kind and loyal customers like you who have been with us for many years... we have been your plumber for 10 years now! As always, it is a pleasure to hear from you and thank you again for taking the time to review us.

01/30/2013

Ron W.

They were on time and courteous. I thought the price was a little bit high, but then again it did include a considerable amount of work on their part. They never installed a system such as this, so I think the learning curve added to the time involved with the project. Time is money. I won't fret about it as the overall job was complete to my expectations using quality parts and is working better then expected. We now enjoy about 60psi pressure of clean, filtered water throughout the home. It's now a joy to take a shower once again ;) I will be using them again for any future needs.

Description of Work
Minyard Plumbing did some plumbing work for me which included a new pressure booster pump I supplied as the town supply was too low for my taste (avg low 30's). They also installed a whole house filtration system I supplied as well as added an additional spigot to the rear of home.

Category plumbing

Member, we are very appreciative of the kind review you gave us. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your positive experience with Angies List. We are glad you chose us to install your spigot and booster pump and we look forward to working with you in the future.

06/18/2012

Jeffrey M.

==Could not ask for better treatmentYou asked where was the work performed? 777 Circle Drive Lenoir NC 28645

Description of Work
Hot water heater quit working. This is a crisis in my house. Got Minyard from Angies List and called to make an appointment for a service call. We scheduled a service call for the following day in the afternoon. They said it would be something like $95 minimum. The lady on the phone suggested I look at the reset button. I did this after my phone call to them in the morning and went on to work leaving the appointment scheduled due to the crisis nature of possibly another day without hot water.That night I checked and found that the reset button had done the trick. I called them about 7:30am the following morning and cancelled the afternoon appointment. They did not show up and did not send me an invoice.Besides not charging me for cancelling the appointment a couple of things stand out to me. One they did not have to tell a dummy to check the reset button, and two, having an answering service helps their ability to communicate with their customers thus avoiding phone tag without

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Member, thank you soooo much for your kind review. We really appreciate you taking your time to promote our company. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you.

04/25/2012

Julie B.

They were excellent. They're very prompty and timely. They'll call and tell them they're on their way so you're not waiting around.

Description of Work
I had a leaky toilet.

Category plumbing

Hello Member, thank you sooo much for your kind words in the review you sent in for us. We really appreciate you taking your time to promote our company. It is loyal customers like you that make us who we are. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

04/19/2012

Sue M.

THESE GUYS ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE AND EFFICIENT. WOULD NOT USE ANYONE ELSE.

Description of Work
We had a leak under the wall of our walkin shower. They arrived and quickly diagnosed the problem as a cracked plastic transition coupling on the hot water side of the shower control valve. They replaced the transition couplings on both hot and cold side and replaced them with brass transition fittings. Also replaced wax ring on toilet quickly and efficiently.

03/06/2012

Sue M.

They were on time, analyzed problem quickly, and repaired. GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
We had a leak in pipe in wall. Located three nails that had gone into pipe when cabinets were installed. Replaced pipe. They deserve a SUPERIOR rating for their performance. We will definitely use them again .

02/07/2012

Kim O.

Called Monday afternoon, they were at our home Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. Everything went well. Have used them in the past and always had excellent service.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in bathroom sink.

01/29/2012

William N.

Scott and John came at 8 AM - worked for almost two hours flushing the unit. They knew what they were doing and were very enjoyable to talk to.

Description of Work
Flushed out my Rinnai tankless water heater.

Category water heater repair

10/20/2011

Carolyn R.

Went exactly as I had been told and expected.

Description of Work
Very impressed with price(which was my main focus, I have to admit). Another company had quoted $2700 for the same job and Minyard's finished the job for $1500. Quite a big difference. I received calls for an update on completion date and on the date they were running behind ad called to make me aware of it. Rec'd a follow-up call to make sure everything was working correctly. Will definitely use them again.

10/20/2011

Wendell C K.

Josh, the plumber arriveed earlier than expected, know the problem was after a few minutes on the job, within 2 1/2 hours I had a new water heater in place and removed the old heater.

Description of Work
Josh, the plumber replaced an old water heater that had multiconnections was leaking.