Comfort First Heating & Cooling

Founded 2010 • With Angi since February 2011

Comfort First Heating and Cooling takes great pleasure in being the friendliest, most caring and competent air conditioning and heating service, repair and installation company in North Carolina & Virginia. Our more than 20 years of residential and commercial experience gives us the confidence

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

HVAC and Ductwork Installation

HVAC Companies

202127330
Due to a tree falling into this home's roof, the HVAC system had to be completely replaced once the roof was rebuilt. Our team preformed a load calculation for the house, designed a duct system that could adequately condition the upstairs portion of the home and installed the system in two days.
View project

HVAC Companies (532)generator service (4)drain cleaning (1)sewer cleaning (1)water softeners (1)water heaters (1)plumbers (1)air duct cleaning (3)

12/01/2022

Krun K.

Google account login code for balance online automated

Description of Work
google/facebook automated system works online

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, air duct cleaning, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning, generator service

Work Completed On 04/30/2008

08/09/2022

Bryan S.

The installers from Comfort First did a great job. They were prompt, courteous, and friendly. They answered all my questions, and I ask a lot of questions. The quality of their work was good, and I feel like I am well prepared for the next power outage. There were no surprises! The people at Comfort First return phone calls and are very responsive!

Description of Work
Installation of a whole house generator

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

03/30/2022

Kelly M.

Went well. Very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Inspect whole house generator

Cost $267.68

Work Completed On 01/05/2022

02/16/2022

Robert P.

It went well, replaced the duct work and put things back as they were. Even took the time to insulate what the original installation did not.

Description of Work
replace old flex duct work

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

08/24/2021

Tina E.

They were great. Each person I spoke was very knowledgeable and professional. They cleaned up after they did the job.

Description of Work
AC Repair - replaced ac units

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

07/15/2021

neal P.

being in retail my whole life i dont often complain about a company or store. usually pick up my business and go some where else if not sastified. after having problems after each maintenance visit and the head of service admitiing it may have been there fault they actually dropped me. while they did make good and there errors i guess i was a problem customer to them. how many times can they come and within 2 or 3 days something goes wrong. maybe the problem is on the other foot.

Description of Work
maintenance

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

05/05/2021

Lorinda C.

We have so much trust in Comfort First and Joel's team that we requested they get licensed in our new state. The generators has been moved and is just waiting for the installation approval.

Description of Work
Disconnect and move whole house generator

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

Thank you for your trust in Joel and our generator team! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to working with you again!

12/31/2020

Ryan W.

House is 14 years old, upstairs unit could no longer cool sufficiently and had a major coolant leak. Decided to replace and upgrade. My research and Comfort First's recommendation ended up being the same, a SEER 16 Amana (ASXC16). The work done was above & beyond my expectations; not only did they bring the new system up to current standards/code, they setup everything to my preference, so that rooms previously struggling to get airflow, now gets heated and cooled with no issue. When we ran the cool air for the first time, it was he first time since owning the home that I walked up the stairs to the 2nd floor and felt cool air flowing. The old system really only kept our master bedroom cool and the others rooms and hallways struggled to keep the temperature. Ultimately, I'm very pleased with the service, knowledge and professionalism of all parties involved in the upgrade. I'm glad I went with professionals instead of getting "a guy" that could save me money, but do a poor job! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
New heating & cooling HVAC system

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

10/29/2020

Tom P.

Arrived on time. Did the complete replacement of A/C and heat unit in a very timely manner. Friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/22/2020

Roy H.

Timely, efficient and friendly service

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/20/2020

Greg M.

They put in a new capacitor. Quick and cheap. Thanks

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

06/06/2020

Debra R.

went very well. Employee was courteous and did wear a mask, gloves and shoe covers. I was notified when he was coming and he answered all my questions. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Ac yearly service

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

Thank you for the positive review, Ms. [Member Name Removed]!

05/29/2020

Greg P.

Very Well, Quick, smooth, courteous, very professional

Description of Work
Installed New HVAC

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Thank you for allowing us to take care of your HVAC needs.

03/30/2020

Matthew S.

I had the company replace my Heat Pump Packaged unit. They were professional, quick, punctual, knowledgeable and fair. They were thorough with testing every function of the new Nest thermostat they installed with the new unit. I would recommend to anyone looking for honest quality HVAC work.

Description of Work
Packaged HVAC unit replacement

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

We are happy to hear you had a great experience with our install team. Thank you!

02/28/2020

Scott V.

Went very good. Installers were polite and kept me up to date during the entire install.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC System

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Thank you for the review and for choosing us for your HVAC installation!

12/04/2019

Chris P.

Very slow to respond. Came within a few days. Didn't fix the problem and then said they couldn't come back for another 5 days. That will be nine days since the initial call and I still don't have heat. Very slow for a customer in need.

Description of Work
Furnace not working

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

10/21/2019

Peter A.

All services performed satisfactorily and with good customer service.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

We are happy to hear you had a good experience with our team. Thank you!

10/10/2019

michael K.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY Did not do a comprehensive diagnostic of where freon was leaking in my A/C system choosing to skip a 3 minute leak check that would have identified the root cause of the leak. I trusted that they did everything the right way and paid them $400 to recharge my freon. A few months later the leak returned and my freon level was low. This company refused to take any accountability with the leak and is wanting to charge me $650 to recharge the freon again. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY to place customers’ best interest first. They will skip steps to make their customers have to pay them more when future issues arise. THEY HAVE A TREND OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF TRUSTING CUSTOMERS.

Description of Work
AC Freon Leak

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

08/14/2019

Judy I.

They are always prompt, polite, they do a good job and they always wear their shoe cover.

Description of Work
They did a spring and fall AC check up.

Work Completed On 04/14/2019

07/22/2019

Lisa A.

Out of a total of 5 HVAC companies that we had come and assess our system and provide quotes, Comfort First was FAR AND AWAY the most professional, and their pricing was VERY competitive. Roger was very thorough in his assessment. He looked throughout our home to check vent and window placement, and square footage to determine the best system for our home. He came with brochures and materials about Comfort First and sat down with us to discuss his recommendations and to tell us about Comfort First's company standards and policies. He was very knowledgeable and was able to answer every question we had with confidence and detail. The other 4 HVAC companies were very casual, performed cursory assessments, didn't spend more than a moment giving us their recommendation, and didn't display nearly the amount of knowledge we expected. Because of the professionalism we experienced with Roger, and Comfort First's competitive pricing, we were sold on them, and I am so glad! The installation was smooth and they made the whole process very easy on us--they took care of absolutely everything. We've had the new A/C for over a month now, and it's been great. We needed them to come out once to check on it, and they came out quickly and (due to the warranty) free of charge. The technician displayed the same high Ievel of professionalism and expertise, even though he knew this was an in-warranty service call. I recommend Comfort First to everyone!

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

06/10/2019

jane S.

I needed to schedule AC maintenance. I have one day off during the week to arrange for appointments because it's difficult to manage personal phone calls at work. I spent the better part of the day trying to contact the dispatcher to make an appointment. The call was disconnected several times when transferring to the dispatcher; one particular customer rep was rude and did not seem to care to help; I left multiple messages with the dispatcher but I never heard back. All this, JUST to set up an appointment...

Description of Work
needed to schedule ac maintenance

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

Ms. [Member Name Removed], At Comfort First Heating & Cooling, we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately, in this instance, we did not meet your expectations or our own. We are truly sorry that you had a negative experience with our company. This isn't the kind of experience we want our customers to have and we offer our sincerest apologies. We try our very best to make every experience positive and keep our customers comfortable during the warm temperatures. Unfortunately, we came up short in your situation and for that I am truly sorry. There is no acceptable excuse for the lack of customer service that you received, and I personally will be retraining my staff on transferring our phones, providing great customer service and returning phone calls in a timely manner. I would also like to thank you for your feedback and again let you know that I am truly sorry for this negative experience that you had. I would also like to ask for your forgiveness and extend our services with a discounted air conditioner maintenance of $39.00 + tax per system. Please give us the opportunity to make this up to you. Sincerely, Margaret

04/17/2019

Pierre S.

They did a great job and I would highly recommend them. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced my AC unit.