A1 Moving

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2010

6290 Lochinvar Dr

Rural Hall, NC 27045

We are a family owned and operated company. We have 20 years experience in the moving business. We specialize in moving new and antique furniture. We can take care of all your moving needs. We can supply the truck, labor & supplies, or if you have a truck and need it loaded or unloaded we can supply the labor for you. We also can pack everything in your house and/or unpack everything. We have the lowest rates in Winston Salem, Call us today for pricing details. Free estimates. References if required....

07/08/2019

Patty L.

It was good, except that they accidentally left glider and coffee table and I keep calling them but they did not do as I say.

Description of Work
They moved me.

09/30/2015

Carol M.

were on schedule, were careful and professional; took appropriate precautions to prevent damage to furniture, other belongings, and house interiors

Description of Work
packed and moved several rooms of furniture and breakables

08/25/2015

Terry M.

They moved everything with care, they were nice and I would recommend these movers to anyone.

Description of Work
Excellent job in moving me into my house.

06/04/2015

Cynthia L.

The owner answered my call. He gave me estimates on crating the antique pieces and answered all my questions. He scheduled the movers to my time table. the move went very well. They were friendly curtious and professional. moved our furniture and boxes into temporary storage. they managed to get a very large antique desk out of a room that had been built around it 30 years ago, without a scratch. all of the furniture was blanketed before moving. Care was taken with everything. I will definately have them move our furniture to the next home.

Description of Work
They built crates for 3 antique mirrired tables. moved furniture and boxes into temporary storage, including a piano.

04/07/2015

David H.

Entire process went great. Very professional and efficient. We would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moved several large items to new house.

03/15/2015

Barry S.

We were moving into an apartment a week before we closed on our house. We contacted A-1 Moving after reading the excellent reviews on Angie's List. We called and scheduled our move with the company owner and he even gave us a call on the morning of our move to see if we were okay with moving with rain forecast all day or if we wanted to reschedule. We had the flexibility to wait a day, but we decided to keep our original move date and hope for a break in the rain. The owner's son Todd and his crew arrived on time and ready to work. They did a walkthrough with us to review what they were moving and were very careful in placing runners to protect our floors. This was a furniture and appliances only move since we were still trying to declutter and decide which household items needed to follow us and what could be donated. Despite a light rain, the crew had the truck packed in no time and headed down the road less than 10 miles to our apartment. They were just as quick and professional unpacking the truck and moving them into our much smaller surroundings. There was no damage to any of our belongings. Total move time from start to finish was an AMAZING 90 minutes. A-1 Moving has a 2-hour minimum and the hourly charge was $130 for 3 men. For $260, I saved my back and got it done a lot quicker than if I rented a truck and tried to do it myself. Hiring A-1 Moving was a no-brainer.

Description of Work
Movers moved furniture and appliances from house to apartment in same city.

02/11/2015

Abe D.

Old fashioned, high quality customer service. This business has a family run feel that is honest and reliable.

Description of Work
Called A1 to get an estimate and although I did not select this company due to the small size of my move, the customer service is outstanding!! I spoke with Doug and he was honest, smart, and gave me very good advice. I highly recommend this company to people considering a move.

01/22/2015

Travis J.

They arrived on time, were very efficient in loading up, took good care of the furniture, delivered it on time, set everything up with no problems. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and boxes, etc out of town.

12/18/2014

Ann V.

A1 very promptly answered my online scheduling query, gave a quote promptly, and had my move completed within a week right before Christmas. Staff were very courteous and friendly, would highly recommend.

Description of Work
In town piano move.

07/30/2014

NORMAN W.

They did a marvelous job. All the people were easy to work with and even though they normally didn't do long moves they did it. I was quoted by every other moving company at cheaper prices but this company had said that they would take half of a 30 foot trailer. I was able to fit everything. I would have paid far more online where as A1 was able to take a look and take good care of me. I had great service.

Description of Work
They moved me to Florida.

06/21/2014

Howard T.

Excellent; nice guys who were good to their word and did a fine job.

Description of Work
Multiple trips moving from house to condo.

06/16/2014

William B.

Did a fantastic job. Polite and professional throughout with good communication beforehand. Arrived right on time. Carefully packed and moved all items. Mark & Todd did a fantastic job, were a delight to work with.

Description of Work
In-town move

03/30/2014

Carson H.

No damage and everything was on time. We plan to use them again later this month.

Description of Work
Team moved furniture from our home in Winston-Salem to four locations in Durham.

03/22/2014

Scott S.

A1 did a great cleaning of our whole house carpet. He was on time, very courteous. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, moving companies

03/19/2014

Linda P.

It looked to me like this would be easy and quick because there wasn't that much stuff. I was wrong. It took every bit of the whole day. But the furniture and boxed antiques were carefully placed once they were brought in the house. I gave them a slight demotion because one of my fragile and heavy antique mirrors was damaged due to it was improperly packed. It should have been crated, which would have taken an additional half day. It is a difficult piece to move -- (note for future... if you don't crate it, bubble wrap, bubble wrap, bubble wrap). Do NOT use paper. I was skeptical that it could be fixed. But the owner arranged for a furniture restorer to come over and look at the piece. He was very knowledgeable and had worked on pieces like this before. Ultimately, he did such a good job of repairing it that it is stronger now in that spot than it was before. Otherwise, it was an efficient and smooth move. Their movers were pleasant and conscientious. And they got things done quickly. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Packed my antiques, valuables and dishes. They moved all the furniture.

01/24/2014

Melissa T.

They did an excellent job. Doug answered the phone on New Year's day, asked lots of qualifying questions, and scheduled the move which was 10 days later. The 3-man crew arrived early and were the utmost professionals. They placed the mattress and box spring in bags and thoroughly wrapped all furniture in blankets. They worked quickly and were very organized. In addition, they helped comfort my dad who was apprehensive about the move. The price was very reasonable for the amount of work that they accomplished.

Description of Work
A1 Moving moved my father into an assisted living facility about 15 miles from his home.

12/21/2013

Kristina H.

From the initial call to the move itself, these guys were very professional. The move itself went pretty well, they were constantly moving, took minimal breaks. They were professional and courteous. They were as careful as could be, they put runners down and covered the banister and walls. Our house was brand new so it was easy to see anything that happened due to the move and even though they were extremely careful, they did ding (very small ding) one of the walls. The owner was very nice and promised to fix any marks to the walls, they came back and tried to fix the ding. It looks better but is still there, but they did the best they could and we are okay with it. I appreciate them taking ownership and coming back to fix it. I don't think any move can go perfectly but ours was pretty close!

Description of Work
Move from GSO to High Point - provided 3 men, move took about 5-6 hours

12/18/2013

Sonja G.

Very careful with furniture and other possesions. Did not take breaks, worked straight through, no time wasted. Highly recommend this company, and have recommended to friends.

Description of Work
Excellent movers. Made arrangements with owner to move, very nice, worked with us on the date.

11/02/2013

Thomas H.

They were prompt, efficient, hard working and very accommodating. They lived up to the name, A1!tents.

Description of Work
Moved contents approximately 10 miles.

10/22/2013

James F.

Everything went according to plan. A1 was easy to work with, gave me an honest quote and then showed up on time and worked diligently to move my household items from storage to my new home. They actually finished a little ahead of schedule. I was very pleased with the whole process. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided moving service from storage to a new home.

10/09/2013

Richard M.

We recently moved to Winston with two small children and had to move out of our rental home suddenly. Mike and Doug responded quickly and were able to move us with just a few days notice. We had a team of packers put the finishing touches on the packing and unpacking and they did a fantastic job. (Not one break!) The highlight of the move was the team of guys who showed up to move us. They were thoughtful, funny, polite, hard-working, efficient and careful. They really hustled and made a two day job go by so quickly that we were able to complete the move in one day. I don't think I can praise them highly enough! They managed to keep me smiling all day and were sweet to our 4 year old son and 3 month old daughter. If you're moving, these are the guys you want to do it. They were fantastic. I'm already looking forward to using them again! Thanks again, A-1! We'll see you in a year or two when our new home is built!

Description of Work
Last minute move (including pack & unpack of) our of 5 bedroom home in W-S

09/22/2013

Kendra H.

We were more than pleased with A-1 movers, from start to finish. We had some last minute nightmares with the move requiring rescheduling multiple times and were not penalized in any manner. The owner was very patient with all of this as these were items beyond our control. The crew of 7 men + 2 trucks showed up Sunday AM right on time at 7AM and worked hard every moment. The men were all very cheerful and polite. The only break taken was for lunch, which we provided by our own choice in thanks for all their hard work. I cannot tell you how much we appreciated their work ethic compared to movers we have worked with in the past. They placed all the furniture in the new house exactly where we wanted it, & even moved a couple of pieces more than once! There was no damage to any piece of furniture, nor to the piano. We had packed up all our dishes, pictures, knickknacks, etc & moved those boxes ourself as a cost saving measure as you pay by the hour & so we didn't feel like we were sitting around Saturday waiting for the Sunday move! I am confident that the same care would have been taken with those items as well, if we had opted for the movers to pack and transport these more fragile items. We came in less than our $3000 planned budget, and this included tips for the crew. I feel this was because we went with the larger crew of men at the recommendation of the owner, as what had started as a planned 2 day move now had to be completed in 1 day. This size crew came at a higher per hour fee, but also came with the benefit of the move being completed more quickly. We highly recommend A-1 moving!

Description of Work
They moved the all the furniture, including carefully wrapping & packing lamps in large barrels & their shades in boxes.

Category moving companies, piano moving

09/19/2013

Blane S.

They were great! They were on top of things. They were on time. I enjoyed my experience with them. They were very attentive to what we needed done. They had no problem moving furniture.

Description of Work
They moved us within Winston Salem. I packed myself. They got it all moved in a day.

09/16/2013

Alston S.

I was shocked at how rude and unprofessional the person was over the phone. He complained about having to do an afternoon move, complained about how long it would take---so much so, that I said it didn't sound like he wanted to bother with the job. Very disappointed. I would never hire or recommend this company to anyone. Horrible attitude. This was just an initial call to inquire about moving availability. I chose this guy based on his rating on Angie's List. Very disappointing and he also complained about another "woman" who called from Angie's List and was wanting to have her furniture moved too. Isn't that his business??? I've had to move several times in the past 5 years--never dealt with someone so unprofessional and negative.

Category moving companies

We did speak to (removed member name) about 3 to 5 minutes on the phone, What she wrote is total distortion of our phone call . We firmly believe that is sabatoge from another local moving company in Winston Salem. Here at A-1 Moving we try to provide the most professional service possible. We care deeply about each and every one of our customers. We would never treat anyone that way. We would like to thank all of our customers! Doug Handshoe A-1 Moving

07/18/2013

Peter M.

Didn't use them but quote was fair and easy to understand. Quoted me a $75 fuel fee because they had to drive 20 miles from their office in rural hall. $125 per hour for three men and a truck. Clock starts when they leave the office and clock stops when unloading is completed.

Description of Work
Move household goods from storage to home 10 miles away