C H I Construction & Restoration Services Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2012

511 S Morgan St

Roxboro, NC 27573

Additional DBA - Clayton Home Improvement & Contracting Inc. Fire & Water Restoration...

08/25/2015

Mary L. L.

CHI came as soon as they were called on a Saturday. Their workmanship was excellent. They installed a new ceiling fan and new crown molding.

Description of Work
Water damage from 2nd floor through to the basement. CHI came and removed carpet, damaged sheet rock and ceiling tiles. Ran fans and dehumidifiers to dry out floors, etc. They replaced sheet rock, ceiling tiles, and painted walls.

Category water damage restoration

08/20/2015

Melvin L.

C.H.I and the workers did an excellent job. They were very professional and stayed on the job until the work was completed. Great people to do the job.

Description of Work
Did construction to our home that had been damaged by fire. Remodel our home, cleaned all the furniture that was saved and worked hard to get us back into the home as quick as possible.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration

08/19/2015

Helen V H.

Floor in formal living room dropped 1 inch in front of house due to deteriorating, rotting boards.

Description of Work
Replace floor joices and front wall, painting.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, interior painters

08/19/2015

Arlene F.

Van ran into the front of brick building with intention of theft. Police captured thief. C & H Const. was prompt. Had very qualified employees and was very professional.

Description of Work
Install carpet and tile. Replace front double doors - paint interior Replace brick in front of store

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters, doors

06/25/2015

Angela L.

Description of Work
I called to set up an appointment. They lady I spoke with was pleasant on the phone and said she would send Dustin out next week. I never had anyone show up or call me back.

Category home builders

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was bad with us [Member name removed]! Our apologies!

06/04/2015

Christopher R.

05/21/2015

Donald H.

Description of Work
They repaired and replaced our bedroom, bathroom and hallway floors that were damaged by water from a faulty water heater. Dustin Clayton and his staff did an excellent job and we are planning on using them in the very near future to do some renovation on some other floors in our home. Highly recommend to others.

Category water damage restoration, home builders, home remodeling

01/21/2015

Jim R.

Description of Work
great ..kitchen

Category drywall, flooring contractor, siding, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

07/28/2014

Ramon M.

i change my mind to have it done because i am not sure i want to live in that area. Will consider them when i will have it rebuilt.

Description of Work
Gave a good estimate.

06/29/2014

GARY R.

They did not respond to initial contact...lack professionalism

Description of Work
nothing

Category home builders

Hello [member name removed], We are very sorry to hear of your complaint- we have gone back in our phone records as well as emails and do not have any record of hearing from you. how did you try to contact us? We want to make sure every customer is taken care of so please let us know how we can serve you. Tara Dickerson

06/27/2014

Karen W.

I like them. They weren't the lowest estimate so I'll probably not go with them but they were courteous, respectful and professional. I didn't have a problem with them other than there's somebody who out bid them. I think their quote was reasonable, I just found somebody who could do it for less. I believe they were the ones I left a voice mail with then they called back. They e-mailed me the quote but the email never went through and the company had their secretary call me to make sure I got it. After a couple of tries in giving it, they mailed it to me. That was good because if they did not call to make sure I got the e-mail I would never have known they tried further.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from them for making an interior space.

Category decks

03/11/2014

candace G.

We built a new home with CHI Construction. The experience was wonderful from the beginning of discussions to the finished product. The staff was very professional and timely. Calvin provided creative ideas that we would not have thought of like stamped concrete, a sealed crawlspace and others We have received so many compliments on our home and I still feel that Calvin is a phone call away if I have r questions or concerns. Would highly recommend CHI and all of their staff! We will definitely call them back for any improvements or other construction needs in the future!

Description of Work
New construction

03/10/2014

Kristina S.

Not knowing exactly what to do in a water break situation, I first called my insurance and they said someone would be contacting me. Within the hour I had the whole crew of C.H.I. fixing the leak and working quickly to dry the house out. They handled everything from beginning to end which was very nice because I didn't have a clue where to begin. They did a great job of keeping me up to date. CHI worked quickly and fast to get our home back to normal. Very positive experience.

Description of Work
Upstairs water pipe burst, they first removed all water from the basement, then tore out the damaged walls, ceilings and floors and dried them out. CHI then restored everything back to better than new.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, water damage restoration, home builders

02/08/2014

daphine G.

Went wonderful. very quick and cleaned up very well and excellent price compared to others.

Description of Work
Removing roof, replace with new roof. Repair damage in to of attic, painting ceiling in house.

Category remodeling

01/07/2014

Danielle C.

Calvin and his crew showed up at exactly 8am the morning the work was to begin. The crew got to work covering the floors as we went through the house pointing out any last minute details. The entire job took a little longer than we planned, but cold weather and Thanksgiving holiday were factors, so overall I feel they completed on time. The ceiling and dry wall work was impeccable. We couldn't believe the difference and it looked completely flawless! Such a difference from the sagging, popcorn ceiling and wood paneling walls! My only complaint would be some of the details in the trim joints. Some of the gaps that they tried filling with joint compound are going to have to be cleaned out and pulled tighter with trim screws. There are only two or three "bad" areas in the whole house so again, the overall work was a huge success. Another small detail that I wish they would have done was cut returns for the window casing and windowsill. Instead, they cut them at a 90 degree angle and left the exposed cut. It will look better when painted, but it's a small detail that some carpenters do as a matter of course. We didn't discuss it during the walk through, so I can't complain but I would have taken the extra step if I was doing it myself. Overall, we were very satisfied and will be calling them again in the future when our next big project comes around!

Description of Work
We had an entire house (2000 sq. ft.) sheetrocked, full crown and baseboard trim installed and ceilings smoothed and painted.

09/03/2012

Larry & Meryle M.

Everything went on time. C.H.I. rep check on everything.

Description of Work
Removed front porch and built a new one. New siding & shutters.

Category contractors, decks, siding

Thank you so much for your business. It was our pleasure to work for you! Calvin Clayton & C.H.I. Construction, Inc.

08/24/2012

daphine G.

WAs called to give estimate. Gave a wonderful fair price compared to 4 others. Immediately started to work on the roof and took away all old stuff. replaced old wood under roof. Also fixed the well house that was damaged in the storm. Next the painting was done and now waiting for the gutters to be fixed. I am excited and it looks so wonderful.

Description of Work
Entire roof and gutters along with replacement of rotton wood. Also painting the inside ceiling due to leaks and fixed the well house. Wonderful job and quickly done. Excellent price and such a wonderful person to talk.

Category home builders

Thank you so much for the kind words about our company and the work we completed at your home. We appreciate your business! Please on call us again. Calvin Clayton & C.H.I. Construction, Inc.

08/15/2012

Stacey P.

C.H.I. Construction went above and beyond to make my home remodel and sucess. I bought a foreclosed home that needed extensive work in the bathrooms in order for the home to be occupied. They did a complete remodel of the master bathroom from floor to ceiling and a partial remodel to the 2nd bath. They never took issue with any changes or additions that I wanted to make during including things like pocket doors and recessed medicine cabinets. Both of which caused the crew more work to complete the task. I had a deadline to meet for the bank and they worked to make sure I came in on time. C.H.I.'s employees were prompt, professional and took great care to keep the jobsite clean and orderly during the entire process. I had a vision for my bath and they met every one of my expectations. I know that they had jobs that were much bigger than mine going on at the time but I never felt that mine was less important than those. I highly recommend them for any job. Large or small.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel - full- Floor to ceilng Bathroom remodel- partial- new shower unit, toilet, sink, plumbing work Painting entire home interior New crown molding New doors

Category remodeling, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

07/20/2012

Sheena C.

1) When I first called CHI, the lady that answered the phone was very pleasant. She told me that someone would have to call me back in the afternoon because there was no one there that could schedule an appointment to come out to the house. Which was perfectly fine other than the fact that no one ever called me back. (They called the following day and the appt was scheduled for the following Monday) 2) The guy arrived about 10 minutes latem which my address(s) are hard to find sometimes. 3) He said hello and shook my hand, he then barely asked what I wanted and just began to take measurements and writing things down. He never really spoke to me at all after that. I mentioned a few things, but nothing really. Before he left he went to his truck and had me show him the color siding I was thinking about and he told me that they would call me in a few days, to me meant at least by the end of the week. 4) This was at least 3 weeks ago and I still have not received a phone call from them about anything. 5) The bad thing is, is that they are remodeling the church literally right around the corner from our house. DON'T use them!

Description of Work
I needed a quote to have my siding completely replaced and to have a new front porch built.

Category home builders

Member, Our apologies for the experience you had. We strive to have the best customer service before, during and after a job. We had several things occur that caused you not to receive the the estimate in a timely manner however we have reviewed our procedures for the future so this type of thing does not happen. Again, please accept our sincere apologies. Calvin Clayton & C.H.I. Construction, Inc.

L&M Painting Solutions LLC

Interior & Exterior Painting Residencial & Commercial Wallpaper Removal Spackling, Skim Coating & Plastering Sheetrock (Drywall) & Plaster Repairs Ceiling Popcorn Removal Exterior Power Washing Staining and polyurethanes Wood Finishes Interior & Exterior (Decks, Fences, etc.)

All-Pro Painting

All-Pro Painting in provides an array of Residential and Commercial services throughout the Triangle. We have qualified Painters that can handle any job big or small. Whether you are a homeowner needing a spare bedroom painted, or an apartment complex needing a makeover, we can answer the call.

Silva’s Painting LLC

20+ Years of Experience! We count with a very professional and responsible crew. We do Decks, Patios, Interior, Exterior, and Pressure Washing etc....... We are willing to work around your schedule. On the week days, weekends, holidays you name it!

Offers by Silva’s Painting LLC	 on Angi

Construction, remodeling general, kitchen, bathroom, home repair, mold remediation, stamped concrete, fire restoration, water restoration, storm damage restoration, emergency services.

Bio Hazard Cleaning