Waters Construction llc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2011

3.9

1004 TYRRELL RD 1004 TYRRELL RD

Raleigh, NC 27609

Residential and Commercial General Contractor been in business for 15 years. Free estimates and list of references. We have mainly focused in residential remodeling but have built several new homes.

06/09/2015

Gwendolyn A.

The original quote of $1,350 included framing for a new bathtub, but the final amount paid was $850 which did not include the tub because Mr. Waters could not complete the framing correctly. His carpenters replaced an interior door, turned around another interior door (to allow more room for it to open), replaced drop down stairs to the attic, and moved a non-supporting closet wall to make room for a 6' tub. His carpenters were nice and they seemed qualified to do everything according to Mr. Water's instructions. The major failure appeared to be in Mr. Water's instructions, and not in the competence of the carpentersin his employment. I provided the manufacturer's specs for the tub to Mr. Waters, but still there were a number of problems with the way the bathtub framing turned out (or did not ever turn out, I mean). One was that an opening was not made in the framing for access to the tub's electrical panel. There needs to be a panel in the closet that can be opened to access the tub's motor if there are any electrical issues down the road. Mr. Water's approach to the framing blocked off the electrical panel. The second was that the tub frame was not high enough so that the plumber could set the tub base in cement. If an acrylic tub rests on the frame rather than on the base, over time the tub will crack. The third matter was that the closet wall was framed with the studs nailed in place so that the bathtub could not be set in place by the plumber. I had asked that the studs be left in place but not nailed in so the plumber could easily slide the tub into the space. The carpenters and Mr. Waters said that was not possible because they use nail guns and cannot tack studs in place. It seemed their tools were too fancy to do the job correctly. I did have a hammer I could have loaned to them but I feel they should carry simple tools needed to make proper accommodations for the trades. They wanted the plumber to have to cut the studs in order to get the tub in place. Mr. Waters was correct about allowing a ledge for the tub with bullnose, since the tub can move over time, but this was not explained well to me and I was wanting the tub skirt to be flush to the edge of the tub. Now that the movement has been explained to me I have had the tub framed with such a ledge. Mr. Waters did not seem to know the reason for the ledge but did know to suggest it. The subfloor not being leveled did not turn out to be an issue but I did not have background in this area either. So these two items were okay, but not enough to amount to a completed frame. The permit office told me that any job that is $5,000 or more in total requires a permit, and framing the closet wall is part of the permit requirement even though it is only a few hundred dollars by itself. Mr. Waters was required to be included on the permit for doing this small amount of framing. Yet he argued that he was not the GC for this job and refused to be included on the permit, and made a big deal about involving his attorney to remain off of the permit, even while I explained that the framing does not make him the GC, it is a city building requirement for the framing. Although I had an electrician and plumber and contractor attempt to explain the proper framing of a bathtub to Mr. Waters, who were all very busy and took extra time to explain the necessary adjustments, he did not seem able to follow their instructions and decided not to complete the framing. The permit requirement seemed to influence his decision not to complete the framing. His involvement in the project and his numerous mistakes caused a delay in my bathroom remodeling project. I was not happy with the amount of effort I put in to trying to explain what needed to be done to correct the problems, and how long it took to end up at square one. Mr. Waters is heavily promoted by family members on Nextdoor.com. There are also people who say they are not family members who promote Mr. Waters heavily in spite of what I told them about my experiences on the basis of their recommendations. If they know these things resulted from their recommendations but promote him wholeheartedly anyways, do beware.

Description of Work
Replaced/reset interior doors, replaced drop down attic stairs, framed closet wall in bathroom remodel. Was not able to complete framing of bathtub and argued against the required permitting.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

12/18/2014

Chad L.

Description of Work
Initially responded promptly, then never heard back about an estimate. Nothing. Even if the job was too small, bad timing, etc just let the customer know. Unfortunately, this sort of unprofessional lack of response will cause us to never work with them again

Category decks, water heater repair, home builders, basement remodeling

02/10/2014

Liz B.

They were a little slow responding and their price is very high. The reason why I didn't choose them is that their price was much higher than the other quotes I got but I enjoyed my talk with them. They were professional in their approach to their quotes. I would give them an opportunity to bid again.

Description of Work
Waters Construction gave me a quote to finish of an unheated thousand square feet second floor.

Category remodeling

05/14/2013

Richard K.

I have had the opportunity to work with Watters Construction on a number of occasions, and I have always had positive results! With this job, Mr. Waters helped us modernize our kitchen with new granite countertops, new tile back splash, new sink and garbage disposal, and new hardwood floors in the kitchen and adjacent 1/2 bath. The 1/2 bath was a total redo, down to the studs. The job was completed on time and right at the budget we agreed to. We are VERY please with the quality of work! Mr. Waters saved us a bunch of money with creative suggestions on how to approach the project. One example is our kitchen cabinets. While we had initially planned to replace those, Tommy convinced us (or more accurately, convinced my wife) that what we had was not only perfectly adequate, but of higher quality than most of the new products we could replace with. By investing in a little "elbow grease" in sprucing up the existing cabinets, we save nearly $2,000! We are thrilled with how the kitchen and 1/2 bath turned out, and we get compliments all the time! Other work that Waters Construction has done for us prior to this job includes: 1) Replacement of all windows with energy efficient dual paned windows, 2) Replacement of exterior siding with new cedar shingles, 3) Replacement of entry door, 4) demolition of decking and site preparation for replacement, 5) Removal of hot water heater, installation of tankless water heater, and repair of shower pan in master bath. I have heard so many horror stories about contractors who do not deliver as promised, have shocking cost over runs, and generally poor service, from not cleaning up nightly to never completing the "punch list" at the end of a project. I have had zero problems of any type with Waters Construction, and Tommy never has asked me to pay before the job was completed to my satisfaction. You mileage may vary, but for my money, Waters Construction is the ONLY contractor that will work on my home!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling, 1/2 bath remodel, hardwood floor installation

Category countertops, decks, egress windows, remodeling, water heater repair, home builders, home remodeling, sunrooms, basement remodeling

02/21/2013

Liz B.

Mr. Waters was prompt for his appointment; he was very professional, was very knowledgeable about the kind of work I needed done. I contacted him for an estimate based on the recommendation of another client of his who was extremely pleased with his work and the fact he uses his own crew, no sub-contractors. The estimate he submitted was very detailed, much more so than others I received, and the price fair. I will definitely contact him should I need further work and highly recommend him as a contractor.

Description of Work
Estimate for flooring, sheet rock and wiring for unfinished second story.

Category remodeling

04/19/2012

Richard K.

I chose Waters Construction because they were the most professional out of everyone I got a bid from. I have used them previously for smaller jobs and I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I hired Waters Construction Inc. to replace our hardwood flooring, install a tankless water heater, remodel our half-bath and and replace our kitchen countertops and backsplash.

Category countertops, water heater repair, home remodeling

Season to Season Landscaping

We are the go-to landscaping company in the Triangle area. Our team is made up of a collective of highly trained and experienced staff. We only hire people who are masters at their profession to provide you with the highest-quality service possible. We make it a point to establish and maintain an ongoing relationship with each of our clients by providing superior customer service from a knowledgeable and dependable team you can trust.

Transblue Raleigh

Transblue Raleigh is a locally, Veteran Owned award-winning world class general contractor that provides a diverse range of services and professional experiences. Our passion is to build beautiful projects and we believe in treating our client’s space like it’s our own. We listen, collaborate, and design which enables us to turn our clients’ projects and dreams into a reality. Our goal is to always exceed expectations of our customer!

J Funes Construction LLC

We offer framing/building services also but not limited too to roofing, decks, porches,remodeling, etc.

Visa, Check

remodeling,new construction,framing,decks,porches,additions,concrete,stamped and colored concrete