Volk Concrete

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2010

5415 Thornton Rd

Raleigh, NC 27616

Volk Concrete is a concrete specialist that services include retaining walls & concrete including footings, driveway aprons, driveways, walkways & patios. We specialize in decorative concrete. Over 25 years experience. A small business owner offering fair prices & free on site quote. License for my

04/21/2020

Paul M.

Serguei and his team did a great job. He poured a foundation and floor for a barn and installed an apron at the end of my driveway. He worked very closely with me on the project and made some great suggestions that saved me significant amount of money. The end result great and I would use him again.

Description of Work
Concrete foundation & driveway apron

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, mudjacking

10/03/2019

George D.

He was wonderful. He was on time. He got his job done. He was polite. He listened to us and made suggestions.

Description of Work
He built the steps.

05/29/2018

Eric C.

Repeat customer here, had the team back to pour the basement slab in a new house I'm building.

Description of Work
New Construction Basement Slab

09/02/2017

John B.

Serguie is the most responsive contractor we know for concrete! He will fit you in as soon as possible and does a great job.

Description of Work
Stamped patio and long sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

09/08/2016

scott J.

The company called many times and communicated each step of the process. They were on time, early even and did the work in the specified time frame. The work was done well and they hosed every thing off before they left. I was pleased with their skill and their work has added value to my home. They do need to bring a generator as some of their tools over road the circuits at my home. Once I requested this, they brought a generator. They were very easy to work with.

Description of Work
We needed a concrete apron removed and repoured in front of our garage AND our front cement steps and porch needed sprucing with overlayed cement and stamping. There were cracks and wear after 20+ years.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

02/22/2016

Jeff B.

I needed two items of work done. First I needed a hole put in the foundation of my patio to allow more air to flow through there as it was getting moldy. I already had the hole measured out and just needed someone with the right tools to cut through the brick and cinder blocks. They were able to complete the work exactly as I was expecting. The second item was to put a little bit of extra concrete or asphalt at the end of my drive where my driveway meets the road so a car bumper would not scrape on the driveway. They put down just enough asphalt to get us 95% of the way to where it would be ideal. However, they knew that the space between our driveway and the road needs some room for water drainage, so they took that into consideration before pouring down the asphalt. I feel it was a good compromise as getting us to the point of never scraping our bumper would have greatly block water runoff. I probably would have preferred that they used concrete instead of asphalt, but they preferred to use asphalt.

Description of Work
Foundation work and driveway work.

12/31/2015

Teri G.

We wanted to use Triangle but they did not return several e-mails.

Description of Work
Asked for quote on a foundation and retaining wall.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping

10/29/2015

RICHARD & KAREN S.

Did a fine job. All the steps are nice and tight. Communicated well and kept me informed of project status.

Description of Work
Repaired loose stacked-stone steps at front entrance.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

09/19/2015

Jeanne K.

Not only did the contractor give up but he also left us with a gap that required immediate attention and we were forced to do that work ourselves.

Description of Work
We hired Triangle Landscape and Concrete to remove the wood expansion joints in our concrete drive, and to fill the gaps with caulk. After spending about an hour removing the wood from one joint the contractor left. That evening we received a message informing us they couldn't do the job for the quoted price and we needed to find someone else to do the work.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping

07/27/2015

Gregory W.

I postponed the wore to a later time

Description of Work
Quote. For driveway

07/09/2015

donald F.

Serguei was very prompt in returning all of my phone calls. He showed up promptly to give me a quote. After agreeing on the price, he came out as scheduled and did a very professional job. I'm very pleased with Serguei's work and promptness. That's certainly not easy to find with lots of contractors. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing concrete work.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete sidewalk and poured new concrete sidewalk.

06/24/2015

Carrie K.

Couldn't have been more satisfied! Sergei was very professional and prices were fair. Everything was done in a timely maneb as promised!

Description of Work
Extended our existing patio

05/15/2015

Julie H.

Serguei returned my call promptly and came out to give us an estimate the same day. (His quote was competitive with a second estimate we received.) He kept us informed as to when the work would be performed and showed up on time. He ran into extra work when he uncovered some huge tree stumps, some of which had been buried under our existing driveway, but he worked tirelessly to get the area prepped properly, and we feel confident that he did an excellent job - going 'above and beyond' to do it right. He also replaced and reinforced an area of our front walk that had sunk. Both areas look great. We found Serguei to be honest, fair and hard-working; we would recommend him and Triangle Landscape and Concrete.

Description of Work
Added a parking pad to existing driveway and replaced sunken section of front walk.

Category concrete driveways, excavators, tree service

05/12/2015

Nancy D.

Very pleased. A section of concrete around our pool had dropped and created a trip hazard. They removed the concrete and connected the wire grid for the new concrete to adjacent sections. Based on what they saw after removing the cement they wanted an electrician to check to make sure everything was correctly bonded to the pool's ground before the new cement was poured. Turned out the pool's hand rail in an adjacent section of cement was not adequately grounded - a potential shock hazard. We are thankful they were so knowledgeable about pools that an unrelated problem was identified and could be fixed before the cement was poured. Even though the project ended up requiring a return trip they honored the original quote.

Description of Work
Replaced section of uneven concrete.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking

04/19/2015

Eric C.

It went very well, Serguei stopped by for a site visit and we got all the logistics lined up. They were back the following week for the pour and knocked it out in a few hours. They went above and beyond with the power trowel finishing, staying very late that evening since the temperature was too cool for the cure time we expected. They stopped by the next morning and made all the cuts in the concrete.

Description of Work
Poured a 30x32 floor in a detached garage.

04/13/2015

John E.

I had used Serguei a few years ago to pour a pad in the back of the house for a hot tub. I contacted him a week ago regarding the potential to replace my uneven and worn brick paver front walk with a properly sloped, stamped and colored concrete walkway. The size of the walkway was 22'x 5.5'. Serguei gave me a price and said that he could start work that week assuming that the weather cooperated. He arrived to begin removing the existing pavers on Wednesday and at that time informed me that the concrete order would be there on Thursday morning. We had originally discussed that the lowest step would be removed prior to the concrete pour. However this step was left in. The concrete was poured so that the slope downward began at the level of that step. The result was a smooth transition to the slope, although in the end it meant that the pattern was different between the step (a row of bricks) and the concrete (stamped to look like herringbone bricks). Serguei then stamped the pattern into the concrete and proceeded to place the coloring materials over the concrete and left for the day. On Friday he came and cleaned up the scene with a pressure washer and used a professional grade sealer on the now completed walkway. He spoke with me about how to maintain the walkway and when it should be re-sealed (2 years). Overall, as with my pervious work done by Serguei, the work was done professionally and quickly. He charged within $50 of his pre-work estimate and told me to let him know if there were any problems. I would recommend his services to anyone with concrete work to be done. He has done two jobs for me over the last 2 years and I have been happy with the results each time.

Description of Work
Remove existing pavers on front walkway. Poured replacement concrete walkway and stamped.colored the walkway to match existing brick planters.

Category stamped concrete

04/04/2015

John E.

It went very well. Serguei showed up on time and began demolition on the existing small set of stairs that we where the pad would go. Within a few hours they had removed those stairs and built the framework for pouring the concrete pad. The came back the next morning and pour the concrete and did so cleanly and professionally.

Description of Work
Poured a two foot thick concrete pad for me to move my hot tub to.

Category concrete repair, excavators

04/01/2015

Robert W.

Good job - this contractor provides periodic fertilization through the year, and aerates and seeds in the fall. Their work is good, and they clean up any debris or material which falls on the walks or driveway.

Description of Work
Pre-emergent fertilization of lawns

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hauling services

02/15/2015

Bernard W.

As it was advantageous to have the same company pour concrete for both the back patio and the driveway, finding such a company was difficult. Triangle Landscaping was the only one that could handle all the aspects of the job--and at a reasonable price. Job included breaking up old concrete back patio and back wall, breaking up broken sections of driveway, hauling all this debris away, then pouring a new back patio, putting in a new patio wall, then repouring the driveway. At the end the yard was re-levelled. I had drainage issues with my back patio. Sergei assessed the problem and came up with a total solution. First, the patio needed to be graded away from the house. Next, the gutter downspouts needed to be run under the concrete, rather than dumping the roof runoff onto the patio. Third, Triangle Landscaping added a strip drain in the middle of the patio. Fourth, parts of the yard were re-landscaped to direct the water away from the house. In addition, Triangle Landscaping did a nice job of extending my driveway about 4 ft. and adding a cement walkway where I could store my trash cans out of sight. And the stones for the back patio wall, instead of being placed on the concrete, were put on their own gravel bed. It's been several months since the work was done, and my crawlspace, the soil in which has been damp for over 15 years, has begun to dry for the first time.

Description of Work
Poured approx. 500 sq. ft of concrete driveway; replaced back patio; landscaped yard to improve runoff

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hauling services, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

02/15/2015

Gregory M.

Sergev (the owner) got in touch with me quickly, came out, gave me a quote for doing one section and a quote for two sections. I thought his estimates were reasonable....then he had to wait for warmer weather to do the work. He and his partner had the job done in a day and a half. We were happy with the results, and would definitely call him again. He is a little difficult to understand sometimes, with a heavy Eastern European accent, and not much on forms and such. Communication overall for the several weeks we corresponded was very good.

Description of Work
cut & jackhammered two areas of our cracked and tree-rooted house driveway, about a yard and a half of concrete.

11/29/2014

Donna M.

They did an excellent job. Our yard was sinking in so the concrete walkway had fallen down from steps and they did exactly what I asked them to. I told them that I want them to bring that up-to-code, then, slant it down at two-degrees, make a corner, and then, make the corner flat. So, they did exactly what I wanted to. I was real happy. The price was an Angie’s Deal. You cannot beat that. It was cheap. It was a $500 Angie’s Deal and we took two of them; one for the driveway and one for the walkway. I moved somewhere else, but if I am still there, I would use them again.

Description of Work
We used a concrete company called Triangle Landscaping & Concrete. They made a concrete walkway and repaired one of the panels in our driveway.

11/24/2014

Breckenridge A.

I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We had some blocks and concrete like it was not good together so I could get it some work. I had some concrete work and also the tree service. I think we had trees and their stick tobacco working on the green bell where they had to pull it down. So after it was calling G42 homeowners to quite come down on the house. this is also repairing concrete than pouring it.

Category concrete repair, tree service

10/29/2014

Aleece H.

It went very well. He did what we asked, and we'll probably have him back when we're ready to replace the porch, walkway, and driveway.

Description of Work
Power washed and sealed the front porch.

10/20/2014

Nancy L.

it went very smoothly. It only took several hours and the driveway looked amazing when they were done. In fact once our neighbors saw the work they wanted theirs done also. We got this company to do the job when we saw them working on another neighbors driveway.

Description of Work
power washed and cleaned my cement driveway. It looked great afterwards.

10/19/2014

Allen D.

Original contact from provider was very quick through Angie's List. He left a phone # to call to set up a site visit to come up with a proposal. I called and left a message. A couple days later, I called and left another message. Finally, I tried contacting him through Angie's List again and gave him my phone #. We finally made contact and scheduled a visit. He came by and we went over what I'd like to have done. He said he'd have an estimate for me by the weekend. That was 4 weeks ago. I tried contacting him through Angie's List again, but he hasn't responded either by message or phone. If he's too busy to do the job, I wish he would've just told me so that I wouldn't have wasted my time dealing with him. He may do excellent work, but I wouldn't know.

Description of Work
No services performed. Couldn't even get him to give me an estimate.

Tar Heel Basement Systems

Tar Heel Basement Systems, founded in 2003, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Serving North Carolina High Country, Winston-Salem and parts of southwest Virginia, they currently maintain offices in Raleigh and Winston Salem. Tar Heel is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

AMC Concrete

AMC Concrete specializes in pouring concrete, making stamped, and decorative works in your sidewalks, driveways, porches, and especially patios. AMC has been in this line of work for one and half decades. We are an owner-operated business.

East Coast Concrete Raising

We specialize in concrete leveling services and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Removal, Install & Repair of Concrete. Hardscaping Including Landscape Borders, Patios, Walkways And Retaining Walls. Concrete Maintenance Including Clean and Reseal.

Concrete Leveling Including Techniques Sand Jacking, Foam Jacking, Mud Jacking, Slab Jacking and A-1 Concrete Leveling.