Totally Legit Construction

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2013

2.8

812 Riverview Road

Raleigh, NC 27610

Small family run construction company.

03/13/2015

Glenda J.

William Pocher and I had our day in court on 1/13/2015. I presented pictures of the bad job he did installing my kitchen cabinets. I paid another contractor $500.00 to correct his mess and was sueing for that amount. Mr. Pocher read some order thinking he was exempt from liability. The judge told this was small claims court that the order didn't apply. Because I filed the claim in his name and not company name we had to reappear on 1/28/2015 the date Wll Pocher chose. When the sheriff attempted to serve him the summon his dad said he was in Atlanta on a job and had no contact info. Will Pocher is in hiding to keep from being served. I see that as an admission of guilt. Ducking and dodging the sheriff because he knows the judge will rule in my favor.

Description of Work
It's not what William Pocher did it's what he didn't do. Therefore I took him to court.

Category contractors

03/12/2014

Glenda J.

He has very poor people skills. When my electrician came to install my range hood, he let me know that the hood was too small for the space. Upon closer look, we realized that the cabinet that Will placed over the refrigerator should have been placed above the stove and vice versa. I also noticed that a vertical cabinet that I had to reorder, because Will said it was the wrong size, was in fact correct. I called Will when these things were discovered. I got him on the phone and requested that he come back out to fix the cabinets. He said “no.” He refused to come back out and rectify the situation. He has my money and I am now going to have to hire someone to correct his work. Also, the counter on the island was installed incorrectly. He brought a receipt for materials. Upon looking at the receipt, I saw that it was tools that he needed for the job. These were things he should have had on his own. I kept the tools since I paid for them. This is just a mess. He is also very rude and disrespectful.

Description of Work
He was hired to install some kitchen cabinets and counter tops.

Category contractors, handyman service

I call this my 2014's "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" spring winner. Mrs. X hired our crew to provide the Labor for her kitchen cabinet installation. I believe her representation of the agreement is disingenuous. She sourced and provided the cabinets, counter tops, and most importantly, she provided the layout for the kitchen. She provided our crew instructions for the placement of each installed unit, during their installation, she also performed the final check of the installed material and pronounced it good. For a single day's job she was supposed to have all of the correct material onsite and ready for our crew to install. This did not happen, after discovering that she had a faulty floor cabinet plan, and none of the mounting hardware for the cabinetry, our crew worked with Mrs. X to provide her with a quality installation, that again, she laid out and approved, in process. At the end of 2 days, Mrs. X balked at the idea of paying for a small portion of the hardware used in the installation, a purchase price of ~$22, which she had agreed to, before the work commenced. She was provided with the receipt for the purchase, in good faith, to show her that we were not attempting to fleece her out of an extra dollar. Whether or not her incredulity at having to pay for material used to construct her kitchen was genuine or contrived, her allegations of dishonesty, and the incredibly crude language she directed toward our crew upon their departure from her home ensured that we would no longer do business with her. The most frustrating part, is that swapping the placement of the 2 upper cabinets would have been performed free of charge, had she not attempted to blame us for her simple mistake or misunderstanding.

09/19/2013

Culbreth J.

I am filling this out on behalf of my grandmother. She does not understand how to use the computer. She has had many people work on her house in Raleigh, yet I know that she is a difficult person to deal with. In the past people have just done what she said, for example; The bannisters that needed to be replaced, she asked Will to just reseal them and repaint them, which apparently every person in the past has done, so when Will looked at them, he realized that the bannisters were being held up by the paint because the inside was so rotted. I greatly appreciate him refusing to do something he knew was not safe or healthy (there were multiple bugs living inside the bannisters) despite my grandmothers lack of knowledge in the subject and objections. He was able to explain it to her so that she understood why they needed to be replaced and were not safe, which she greatly appreciated. I went and checked it out and completely agree with how Will handled it and am very impressed at how she handled her (since I know how it can be difficult working with her). He is now her go to handy man for multiple projects around the house. Such as the repainting the porch, fixing some fencing etc. I feel better knowing that my grandmother is in good hands and has someone helping her that knows what he is doing and will not do something just to get the paycheck, regardless if it is right or not. He refuses to do anything half way or anything that will have to be redone. He does it right the first time and does it thoroughly, which I greatly appreciate. Will and I have communicated throughout the process so I know what is going on in pertains to my grandmother. He is extremely professional and courteous. My grandmother can't stop raving about how much she enjoys having him there and how it makes her feel better as well. I could not reccomend someone more. He always goes the extra mile and makes sure you are 110% satisfied with his performance.

Description of Work
Renovated and Repaired 2- 100 year old bannisters for my grandmothers house. They were completely rotted and needed to be replaced. He completely re-casted them in concrete and made them from scratch as well as painted them so they look amazing. He has painted her back porch as well as repaired spots that needed it. Also has repaired siding that was falling off the house.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

JM Decks & Fences

JM Decks and Fences takes the enjoyment of personalizing your outdoor living space to a whole new level. We are a design and build firm specializing in every facet of Outdoor Living. Our founding principle—that Outdoor Living is an art, not an afterthought—still drives us today as the Triangles most innovative Deck and Fence company. Our vast expertise includes maintenance free decks, patios, fences, porches and much more. We view each project as an opportunity to create a personal masterpiece—no matter the size or scope. Your design will be based on your Outdoor Living aspirations, lifestyle, personal taste, and budget. Our experienced artisans provide an unparalleled quality of workmanship which results in an exceptionally crafted finished product. We look forward to helping you discover your own Outdoor Living goals.

2022 Super Service Award

American Craftsmen of NC

American Craftsmen of NC is a small Locally owned & operated exterior home improvement company that specializes in Windows, Roofs, Siding, Gutters and Gutter Guards. Our mission is to provide superior workmanship, quality products, outstanding customer service and a high standard of integrity at a fair price. Additional DBA - No Worries Inc. Award winning.

Orozco Drywall of Raleigh

We are Orozco Drywall of Raleigh and we provide residential and commercial drywall services, painting and more services in Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas. Don't hesitate to contact us now! Residential Drywall Services, Commercial Drywall Services, Drywall Company, Painting Contractor, Painting Service, Exterior Painting, Interior Painting, Residential Painting, Commercial Painting, Painting Company, Commercial Drywall Company, Residential Drywall Company, Popcorn Ceiling Repair, Professional Painting Contractor, Professional Painting Company, Drywall Installation, Professional Drywall Installation, Exterior Painter, Interior Painter, Residential Painter, Residential Drywall Repair, Residential Drywall Contractor, Interior House Renovation, Exterior House Renovation, Cabinet Replacement, Cabinet Renovation, Floor Renovation Youngsville, NC Drywall Contractor, Drywall Service, Sheetrock Installation, Ceiling Crack Repair, Drywall Finishing http://orozcodrywall.com/

Drywall, framing, deck and porch construction/repair, window and door installation/replacement, siding repair, shed/barn/garage construction, insulation services, and consultation.