Specialized Refinishing Co.

Founded 1997 • With Angi since November 2012

Unlike most companies that hire sub-contractors, Specialized Refinishing Co. exclusively utilizes our trained technicians, and one of the owners is on every job. Our highly skilled and experienced technicians are specially and exclusively trained in the methods and applications to refinish any of

bathtub refinishing (140)tile installation (31)countertop installation (22)home remodeling (18)cabinet refacing (11)furniture refinishing (10)leather repair (1)

07/23/2022

ARLIS A.

This is the Charlotte based Specialized Refinishing. It went well. The tubs look really fantastic.

Description of Work
Two old bathtubs needed refinishing.

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

05/16/2022

Donna J.

Initially, there was some roughness to the finish, but after buffing it was perfectly smooth. Looks great.

Description of Work
Resurfaced two fiberglass tub/shower units.

Work Completed On 03/24/2022

08/16/2021

Allan W.

Outstanding experience working with Specialized Refinishing. Straightforward quoting process and easy to schedule appointment. Ashley arrived on time and ready to work, answered all of my questions, and completed the work on schedule. Ashley's work was terrific, making my old tub look new again.

Description of Work
Bathtub Refinishing

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

05/07/2021

Nelissa A.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge the great service I received from Miguel Estevez. He was very professional in his interactions with me. Also, he was very meticulous in covering all the adjacent areas. He answered all my questions promptly and did a fantastic job for what I can see under the plastics sheets. I'm very happy with the service provided.

Description of Work
Bathroom Resurface

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future!

04/30/2021

Jeff H.

Specialized Refinishing exceeded all expectations. Their customer service, professionalism, prompt responses, and work provide an exceptional quality of care and product that makes them unique in the best of ways. Could not recommend them more highly.

Description of Work
Refinishing of shower/tub unit

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! Your technician, Edys, has been with our company since the beginning and he'll be thrilled to know he has another happy customer!

04/09/2021

KELLY S.

Had this company come out to reglaze one of our tubs that was chipping and peeling. They were on time, professional, and did a great job on the unit. Sure beats having to replace the tub. Our tub looks brand new. Thanks so much!

Description of Work
Reglazed bath tub

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

Review for Specialized Refinishing Co. - 1824 Thorpshire Dr, Raleigh, NC - 39286886

Thank you for your kind words [Member Name Removed]! It was our pleasure! :)

04/08/2021

Rita H.

Wonderful, courteous and great experience

Description of Work
March 29th they came to refinish a tub and strip off wax. Very professional

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!

02/03/2021

Cathy C.

This company did an awesome job for a fair price, using quality craftsmanship. I couldn’t be happier with a company from start to finish.

Description of Work
Bathroom tile repaired and tub and shower cleaned

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

Review for Specialized Refinishing Co. - 1824 Thorpshire Dr, Raleigh, NC - 39173846

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You were a joy to work with and we're happy we could get your bathroom looking sharp. Please let us know if there are any other projects we can lend a hand with!

01/12/2021

katherine K.

Miguel did a fantastic job. He was professional, courteous and on time. The shower looks wonderful. I can see why this business is so highly rated.

Description of Work
bathroom tile refinishing

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Miguel is an amazing technician and we're lucky to have him on our team. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future!

12/28/2020

Charles P.

Expertly done in a very methodical manner, Bladimir did a wonderful job! The result was a beautiful bathtub that looks like new. He was respectful and informative the entire time. I'd recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Reglazing the tub

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! Bladimir is such a great member of our team and I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to him. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!

12/18/2020

jack N.

if taken more carefully to do mabe better job

Description of Work
resurfac bathtub

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We include a return trip for any touch-ups needed in the price of our services. If there is something that you don't feel is satisfactory please give us a call and we'll schedule a touch-up appointment for you. Thank you!

11/20/2020

Erika M.

My tub shower looks amazing!! It was dingy and stained and always looked dirty no matter how much I scrubbed. The technician was very courteous and did a great job! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Tub resurfacing

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your business :)

08/06/2020

Ann B.

Great job!! Technician was very professional, careful with any equipment he brought in and cleaned up. Tub had a couple of rough spots but I had an immediate response from the company and they came back and fixed them. The tub looks like new.

Description of Work
Tub Reglazed

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Review for Specialized Refinishing Co. - 1824 Thorpshire Dr, Raleigh, NC - 38777731

06/07/2020

Gary O.

My review is very late, but still VERY enthusiastic. Will worked with us in detail to get exactly the color we were looking for, and the bathroom turned out looking exactly as nice as we had hoped it would--even better! The technician was very professional, very nice, and very skilled at his job. The bathrooms were in awful shape, old and dirty from tenants not taking care of them, and we didn't hold out hope for them being renovated well. But they were absolutely beautiful after Specialized Refinishing did their magic, and I think they helped sell the house. The whole experience with Specialized Refinishing couldn't have been a better one. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Reglazed and refinished porcelain tiles and the bathtub in 1/5 bathrooms of an old house we were renovating to sell.

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Review for Specialized Refinishing Co. - 1824 Thorpshire Dr, Raleigh, NC - 38623946

03/23/2020

Bryan W.

The work looks fantastic. Five Star Eddie was superb. Highest rating. He was nice, professional, hard working, just top notch work, on time Just excellent in every area. We are Very Pleased

Description of Work
bathroom tile floor and tile shower refinished

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

03/07/2020

Derek A.

Very good! Technician was professional and worked hard!

Description of Work
Refinished Tub

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

02/01/2020

Vicki G.

Excellent he did it in no time explained what he had to do and was very professional in doing so! Very neat job!

Description of Work
Crack in tub repaired

Work Completed On 01/30/2020

01/17/2020

Beth W.

There is a reason this company has such stellar reviews! Their workmanship is above par. We were extremely happy with the results. Our tub and tiles look brand new. Nice, clean, and shiny! The man who did our tub and tiles, was so nice and worked so hard. He arrived on time and got right to work. This man is an asset to your company and I hope these words are passed on to him. And I called Specialized Refinishing several times and had a question for the owner, Will. Every time I called, he was so nice and patient and answered all my questions. Their prices are extremely reasonable too! Great workmanship, super hard worker, wonderful price and an owner, you can actually call, ask for, and talk to! I highly recommend this company. Beth Wilson (Raleigh, NC)

Description of Work
Our bathtub and tiles, in the shower.

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

12/07/2019

Michelle T.

thanks so much...the Tech was prompt and thorough and did a great job. We appreciate the communication and information from start to finish. We had a massive hole/crack in the bottom of our shower, the damaged area was probably 6 to 8 inches wide, and we are are so glad since this could have been an economical repair instead of an expensive bathroom overhaul.

Description of Work
Repair massive hole in bottom of shower

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

09/25/2019

Mark T.

We had a bathtub resurfaced several weeks ago. Our questions were answered up front, scheduling the service was easy and responsive. Hermes showed up promptly, was very professional and efficient. When Hermes showed me the finished bathtub, all I could say was Wow, it looked better than new!

Description of Work
Resurface bathtub

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

09/10/2019

Jeff Maness M.

Work was not first quality. Ther were some runs on one tub and too much orange peel rough left. Would not hire them again. Work was done in a hurry. Price was good but get what you pay for.

Description of Work
2 tub enclosures resurfaced

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

08/16/2019

Mary A.

Great! My 32 year old cabinets look like new. Great customer service.

Description of Work
Cabinets Refinished

Category cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

Review for Specialized Refinishing Co. - 1824 Thorpshire Dr, Raleigh, NC - 38048929

08/15/2019

Sue E.

Great job and great people to work with!

Description of Work
Refinishing Tub

Work Completed On 08/12/2019