Sloan Service Company Inc

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2013

1807 Capital Blvd Suite 107

Raleigh, NC 27604

We offer Heating, Cooling, and Electrical services to homeowners and businesses in the Raleigh area. Our certified technicians can help with all your air conditioning and heating service needs. Our HVAC services include air conditioning repair, air conditioning unit installation, HVAC maintenance

06/12/2020

LeeAnn P.

I can't say enough good things about Sloan's! Everyone from Jael on the phone, to Davey the service tech in the field were delightful to work with. Jael worked magic to get a tech out for my clients on very short notice and was very knowledgeable about what we needed. Davey was professional and extremely thorough with his inspection. He identified a lot of issues two other inspectors missed. He explained his findings clearly and I ended up learning a lot because he was willing to share his expertise! We received a detailed report the same day, and a clear and concise estimate the next. I definitely recommend Sloan Service Company for their honest, professional, reliable and skilled staff and the outstanding work they do!

Description of Work
HVAC mechanical inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, ceiling fans

10/18/2019

Stefan K.

All communication was prompt and timely. The work was done quickly and professionally. It ended up costing more than we had planned but only because the wiring had to travel so far. Daryl explained exactly what he was going to do and then did it. When it ended up being a bit more work than they had thought, they stuck by their original quote. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
They installed a 220 outlet in our garage for an electric car

09/25/2019

william T.

prompt and professional service by Corey Flippo.

Description of Work
installation of smoke alarms

05/21/2019

Jason M.

They responded immediately and were great. Jason got me in for a same day appointment after my HVAC wasn't cooling. Daniel came out and immediately diagnosed and fixed the problem for a reasonable rate. He answered all of my questions and after looking at my other HVAC let me know that I may need an additional capacitor but with further testing thought it wasn't needed and didn't try to upsell me. He was very honest, I would highly recommend and will hire again.

Description of Work
HVAC Repair

04/27/2019

Sarah B.

Joel and Jason were very professional and experts in their field. They both responded quickly to resolve the electrical and A/C issues. We highly recommend Sloan Service Company!

Description of Work
Electrical and HVAC

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/24/2018

Douglas B.

Excellent. Joel is very professional and easy to deal with.

Description of Work
Replaced our 2nd floor heating and cooling system.

08/30/2018

Anthony W.

All work was completed efficiently..

Description of Work
Eletrical work was completed.

08/13/2018

Ashley C.

Everything during my scheduled repair visit went great. Corey was amazing. He was super friendly and fast. He correctly diagnosed and repaired my flickering bathroom lights by replacing the light switch. He didn't try to get me to buy any additional services or repairs - which is so refreshing. I also asked him about several other electrical things I would like done around my house - like new light fixtures, moving a smoke alarm, and adding a light switch for the attic. He took a look at all of my requests and gave me great feedback and suggestions. I will definitely be calling Sloan Service Company in the future for the projects I discussed with Corey.

Description of Work
Replacement of a bad light switch.

07/01/2018

Javier V.

Sloan Services was called at approximately 11:00 in the a.m. as an emergency due to the A/C not cooling the house. We called this company based on prior service to my daughter's house and a good rating. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. They accommodated me for the same day on Saturday. The "technician" showed up quickly at around 2:00 p.m. and discovered a block of ice in the coils. He explained the process in a very detail manner like nobody ever did before. The "technician" performed a complete maintenance including the outside unit and 3 pounds of Freon were added. As he kept working, I just kept thinking on how much this emergency was going to cost me. To my surprise, the "technician" charged me a lot less of what I was expecting. As you should know, the Freon itself is expensive. Well, at the end I asked him for a business card because I wanted for him to be my permanent HVAC person to deal with my house. Another surprise, the "technician" was actually the president of the company. I was extremely happy and humbled that he made my emergency his priority. If I could give this company an A plus, I would do it. Thank you sir for your outstanding services.

Description of Work
Emergency call- A/C was not cooling the house

06/27/2018

Joel E.

The work went well, and Cory did a great job. However, the price was extremely high for what was performed. I would shop around for a better price next time I need electrical work.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation and a dimmer switch fix

06/14/2018

Yu Z.

We paid Sloan to check for 3 HAVC system, which shows problem in our home inspection. He found No Freon was present and this Freon is at the end of its phase out in 1/1/2020. Then he suggested the seller that she could just fill in Freon as many sellers do that to save costs, even though the seller said they filled in Freon just one or two weeks ago. I do think he should be independent in his position as a professional as his words will be authoritative for both parties. Now the seller is following what he suggested, instead of replacing the not-worth-repairing unit. This causes us tremendous trouble in negotiation and may cause us lose 3000 DD money in the process. I really think he is not professional in his business. I double whether in technical part he will also make professional decisions for his clients. Please avoid this company if you can.

Description of Work
Check HAVC systems

06/01/2018

Karen L.

Sloan was very professional, price was reasonable and they did an excellent job. Will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
installed recessed lighting in cathedral ceiling and installed an outside receptacle

Category electrician, lighting

05/18/2018

John H.

Everything went fine. Ended up getting a new heat pump. Joel worked on my job, and he was super. Professional, competent, prompt, and thorough. I will definitely hire Sloan again next time I need HVAC or electrician work.

Description of Work
First, checked heat pump, then replaced heat pump.

03/05/2018

Kenneth F.

Outlets in two adjacent bedrooms were not working. Sloan technicians arrived on time, investigated the problem and repaired it. Wiring in one outlet had become frayed interrupting service to outlets in both bedrooms

Description of Work
repair electrical service to bedroom outlets

11/24/2017

Douglas B.

Diagnosed as a defective condensate pump preventing the furnace from operating, Joel recommended and, in fact, installed a new condensate pump. Not knowing anything about heating and cooling, it's difficult for me to assess either the quality or the price of the work done. However and for what it's worth, the furnace is working fine and I would use Joel again without hesitation!

Description of Work
Our downstairs furnace was not turning on. Sloan was recommended to me and when I called Joel, he was extremely courteous and professional and was able to come out that same day.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review, [Member Name Removed]! So glad we were able to help fix the problem!

11/01/2017

Brittany M.

Joel was awesome! He was able to schedule an appointment for me within a very short time frame. He explained everything in his report so that I was able to thoroughly understand what he found during his evaluation/inspection. I will def use this company in the future for all of my HVAC needs. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
HVAC evaluation prior to buying a new home.

10/26/2017

Derek M.

It went well. Jason (and partner) showed up after the scheduled time, but had the courtesy to call and let us know they would be late. No problem, things happen. They arrived, scoped the job, picked up parts and completed the work. They did a fantastic job, were courteous, respectful of my property and overall friendly guys. I hired them based on some work I had done by the HVAC team. They were awesome so I took a chance on the electrical team from Sloan. I was not disappointed. Will hire again for any of my electrical needs.

Description of Work
3 light switches replaced, 2 dimmers installed, 1 floodlight cam installed, and an older (loud) in-wall timer replaced.

10/20/2017

Stan G.

Excellent result. Two days earlier different reputable contractor looked at the system and told me that the AC compressor was "burnt out". He could not get it to start. He identified 3 items that could be fixed for around $700, but were not certain these were the cause of the problem. A salesman came the following day to discuss the cost of replacing this 2005 unit in its entirety. To obtain a second opinion I called Sloan Service. Joel and Dominique came to look at the system and give me a quote on a new one. They found that a wire was not properly connected. By connecting the wire, the compressor started and cool air was again flowing! I am a VERY happy customer! They were professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and most importantly, accomplished something the other could not.

Description of Work
HVAC not working. Joel and Dominique trouble shot the system. Found problem.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We try to catch all the little details, glad we could help.

10/04/2017

Ashley M.

The guys showed up right on time and were very pleasant. They came in and took a look at the thermostat and went outside to get to work. Within 15 minutes they had diagnosed the issue and were back inside to give me details on what needed to be done. The price was reasonable for cleaning of the furnace and re-aligning the burners so they went ahead with it. All in all, very quick and very kind people! Will definitely call them with any future issues!

Description of Work
Furnace not working in our new house

09/28/2017

Tanner W.

It went extremely well! The staff is kind and patient while describing the process and what needs fixed to a novice home owner. The staff was prompted and finished all their work in a timely manor while being extremely thorough. Would recommend them to all my friends and family.

Description of Work
We had an HVAC system inspection and a Pest and Radon inspection.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/27/2017

Susan M.

They checked the thermostat and found no voltage, checked the transformer and it was not producing any voltage due to a hidden blown fuse. Replaced fuse and got everything working again. They gave me a general time, called me when they were on the way and told me when they would be there. They were very prompt and very professional. Will definately call them when I have issues in the future.

Description of Work
The A/C unit would not work.

09/24/2017

Sarah K.

Install went very well; perhaps taking a little longer than anticipated. The system worked much better than the old system right away! In the first few days of use some smells from the crawl space and attic were getting into the HVAC air systems. Called installer and explained and they came right out and went over the whole system looking for tiny places where air might be getting into the system. All possible leaks were filled. The systems both continue to work really well. Energy usage to run the new systems is significantly less than the old system. Joel provided excellent customer service including responding promptly to requests, answering lots of questions and explaining what was being done and why. The install crew was hard working and friendly.

Description of Work
Remove existing HVAC; install new HVAC for 1st and 2nd floor; and add separate HVAC wall unit for 3rd floor.

09/11/2017

michael D.

I call on a Monday night and the Vice Pres. of the Company took my call. We made an appt. for Thursday first thing. After checking the system it was determined my 25 year old coil was bad. After about a 5 min conversation that included details that were simple to understand I agreed the best solution was a replacement of the total heating and air system. This was all a result of dealing with a decision making Service Dealer not having to work my way through 5 or 6 people.

Description of Work
I had a new HVAC system installed in the downstairs of my home.

09/03/2017

Chris S.

The first thing Jason did when he swung by to give me an estimate was to give me an idea of what I was looking at, and then suggested that I contact my local municipal building inspector to get a sense of what they would require to get the electrical up to code. He was the only electrician I had come out to make that suggestion--and it immediately impressed me that he wasn't trying to either cut corners or run up a bill--he was trying to make sure that at the end of the day, I'd get exactly what I needed done completed. He also took the time to explain to me what that process would be, how I could pull a permit, and then add any electrician (Sloan or any other company) to the permit--again, something he didn't need to do. It smacked of being open and honest--something Jason and Sloan were throughout the process. In addition, Jason and his helper (and I'm embarrassed that I don't recall his name as he was about the nicest person you could ask for--even taking the time to reassure my rescue dog that he was friendly--something I definitely appreciated) were not only very communicative, but professional, unfailingly polite, but also always did exactly what they promised, when they promised--something that's so rare with any contractor, I was pretty shocked. Once we knew the work that needed to be done, Jason quoted me a price, and even though the work ended up being more than we expected (since the previous electrician had some...unique ideas on wiring, requiring extra work by the team), the price never budged...and even when installing a vanity light proved to be a challenge requiring a different vanity fixture (meaning that the crew had to come out another day after new light fixtures were ordered), they came out late on a Friday afternoon and installed it without any complaints, and without any additional fee. Jason constantly kept me abreast of the latest via phone or text, and I had zero surprises through out the project. And he finished exactly when he said he would finish. Service like this is something you usually only hear about--and it's something that makes me more than happy to leave this review. Need electrical work done? I'd recommend Sloan Service Company without hesitation based on my experience.

Description of Work
Electrical service for Master Bath renovation, including ripping out and rewiring of existing not-to-code wiring which was installed when the renovation work was first begun--over seven years prior by an electrician who had since retired--as well as cleaning up main service panel and electrical lines which were no longer needed/in service.

08/29/2017

ROLF A.

I am very happy with them. It's a small company. The owner and the helpers have been really trying to give me the good price for the best work. I know they are trying to do their best. They do professional work and they talked to me about what I need, what I expect, and see what they can do for the best price.

Description of Work
They worked on some lamps and lighting in the house.

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

Strong Quality HVAC Home Improvement

17 years in the business with specializing in Heat & Air, Refrigeration and Home Improvement. Serving in the area codes of 919, 252, 336, 910, 704

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Aire Serv Of East Raleigh

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Aire Serv wants you to stay comfortable and breathe clean air all year round. That’s why our company focuses on excellence in customer service and quality AC and heating services. We are proud of our reputation for putting clients first, with a brand synonymous with excellence since 1992! Wherever you see the name Aire Serv, you can expect quality services and customer attention.

2022 Super Service Award

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

- Heating / Furnace Repair, Troubleshooting, System Tune-Up, Installation - Air Conditioning Repair Service, Maintenance, System Replacement - Expert Electricians for any size project! Providing Residential & Commercial Electrical and HVAC Service in RDU.

Automotive & Modular Homes. Hot tubs / Pools Aluminum Wiring