Setting Sun Patios & Decks

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

218 N. East St.

Raleigh, NC 27601

Setting Sun Patios and Decks provides professional design, installation, and maintenance of all phases of landscaping, irrigation, lighting, pavers, walls, ponds, waterfalls, fountains, and outdoor fireplaces and kitchens. Setting Sun Patios and Decks is at the forefront of paving stone installation. We enjoy what we do, are constantly striving for excellence and warranty our work from the ground up. We believe that as people become aware of the superiority of a segmental pavement and that as we continue to require our customer's overwhelming approval of our installations, Setting Sun Patios and Decks will continue to be a dynamic leader in an expanding industry. ...

05/08/2018

A F.

Very well. Extreme attention to detail. Worked with me on some mid-project changes. Site cleanup exceptional.

Description of Work
Build outdoor kitchen with covered pergola.

Category decks, masonry, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

05/08/2018

John S.

Randy and his team were amazing to work with. He listened to what we wanted, made suggestions based on his experience and was able to create what we wanted. He was very hands on during the entire process and always available when we had questions.

Description of Work
outdoor kitchen, living space, fireplace, covered deck

Category decks, masonry, remodeling, fireplaces, sunrooms, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, outdoor kitchens

10/09/2017

Craig H.

Randy and his team we so helpful in working with me refining some of my design thoughts and adding value in several key areas I hadn't thought about. Then they were flexible around my schedule to build an amazing looking pergola. (pictures below)

Description of Work
I needed some design help on a back patio pergola and then someone to actually build it.

08/15/2017

Michele C.

I never heard back!!!

Description of Work
I wrote saying that I wanted a retaining flower bed build with pavers or brick or something comparable. I asked to set up a day/ time when we could meet. I never heard back from them.

Category hardscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize for the misunderstanding and delayed response. Your inquiry stated a winter or next spring timeframe. Is there any way I can assist you? Randy Scott Owner Setting Sun Patios and Decks, LLC

05/02/2017

Molly W.

We had a patio installed perfectly and beautifully by Randy and his team and we couldn't be happier with the end result. Professional, personable, communicative, and punctual from the get-go. He very thoroughly explained the process throughout and took the time to answer questions. Thanks, Randy and team!

Description of Work
Old deck removal and clean up, complete new patio install and landscaping.

08/04/2015

Johannah S.

We called Randy for an estimate on a deck build. When he came out, he convinced me that we'd really be happier with a patio, and I agreed. I told him that if we could afford it, we'd much prefer a patio. He was friendly, informative, and I liked his ideas. Unfortunately, although he has both our email and street addresses, he never sent us a quote. Maybe the job was too small for his company, I don't know, but he was right about a patio being the right thing for our space. Another company built us one and we love it.

Description of Work
Site visit for deck build

09/24/2014

Rebecca M.

Randy is truly a pleasure to work with and he handles all the details from start to finish. He provided us with a written estimate and walked us through all the details of the installation. We really appreciated him asking us questions throughout the construction just to clarify what our ideas were as well as provide us with his suggestions. They even worked a whole day in the rain! Randy and his team were professional and consciencious throughout the whole process, always checking in with us to be sure we were happy with the work so far. The end product was better than we could have hoped for and we would not hesitate hiring them again or referring them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed stone patio, fire pit, lighting and remodeled existing deck.

Category hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

08/05/2014

Justin H.

Description of Work
I can't speak highly enough of Randy and his team. I had a general idea of what I wanted in a patio space when we started and Randy helped to guide me in creating an amazing space. He had great design ideas and together we came up with a layout for an amazing space. As the project grew he kept me up-to-date with cost adjustments and official quotes. | |The team took good care of my property and didn't leave a mess for me to clean up. The heavy rains cased some minor delays in the project but Randy was quick to let me know and picked up work the next day. | |As my project grew in scope Randy was able to recommend other contractors for landscaping and gating/fencing who did a great job in turn. Randy was very accessable throughout the project and I never felt forgotten. | |I would wholeheartedly recomment Setting Suns to anyone looking to transform the outside space. | |

04/21/2012

Andrew G.

.From beginning to end, Setting Sun was very good to work with. Randy Scott is the lead man - he came to talk for us for the original estimate and was very good at listening to our ideas and then suggesting appropriate enhancements or alternatives. He was also very good at helping us visualize the layout and making adjustments. He takes time with the planning stage, to make sure you are getting what you want. When the work started, we met the other two men in this three-man company and found them all to be pleasant, hard-working, and intent on doing a good job. They use high quality materials (the wood for the deck is beautiful!) and pay great attention to details. At one point there was a misunderstanding - the far edge of the patio and wall was not as far out as I had thought it would be, and their response was immediate that they could and would fix it to what I expected, and they did. One point to be aware of is that they are not landscapers, which they tell you at the beginning. They finish by putting a layer of mulch over the bare dirt areas, which is an effective finish, but plantings and such to truly finish the area is not part of what they do. I would say the greatest stength for this company (other than doing the basic good work) was in their willingness and ability to be flexible and make reasonable adjustments along the way when the plan didn't play out quite the way we expected it to. I think that with a larger company, or a team with a different personality, getting what we wanted and more would have been difficult. Working with Setting Sun was fun, a pleasure, and we are very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Setting Sun built a patio and deck at the back of our house. The deck was 12x20, the patio was about 14x17, with a low seat wall. Their work included clearing bushes and small trees and grading the area.

01/08/2011

Lynn S.

They did a great job. I would recommend them to others. They are very innovative and are perfectionists. The job is absolutely gorgeous.

Description of Work
They added a brick patio for us.

09/08/2010

Kerrie K.

We were pleased with the price for what we got done. They were professional, timely, friendly and easy to work with. They had great design ideas.

Description of Work
Setting Sun Patios & Decks built a screened in porch and paver patio.

Category decks, sunrooms

02/14/2007

We were so excited when we saw our deck all put together. We had shopped around for a little while and found these guys to be one the best around for the job. They did not disappoint us at all. Their price was great and everybody was so friendly. They were very careful with the very expensive wood they used. They worked quickly to get the job done and they did not slack on the quality of their craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Setting Suns Patio & Decks built us a 14 foot by 24 foot uncovered rear deck on our home. They used very expensive 10 foot pieces of Brazilian Hardwoods for the floor.

Category decks

12/21/2006

This was not your standard plain wooden deck type project at all. It was made with real craftsmanship and quality materials. They did extras like build me a temporary wheel chair ramp to get in and out of my house during the construction phase. It has the screened in part and then there is the all open deck part with stairs and my ramp. The finished project is quite beautiful I think. They did a good job moving the front door and adding a window for beauty.

Description of Work
I am not sure of the square footage, but I had a larger sized screen porch built onto my home. It is wheel chair accessible and made of a composite material that is maintenance free unlike the standard wood. They also moved the front door of our house and put in a new window.

Category decks, replacement windows

06/20/2006

THEY LISTENED TO MY IDEAS AND CUSTOM MADE MY DESIGNS. I FEEL THAT THEY ARE QUALITY CARPENTERS. THE WORK WENT EFFICIENTLY. THEY SUGGESTED COLORS AND HARDWARE THAT WOULD WORK BEST FOR US.

Description of Work
THEY BUILT A 16' X 12' SCREENED PORCH CONNECTED TO A 16' X 12' WOODEN DECK.

Category decks

Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

Window Depot of Raleigh, INC

Locally Owned and Operated Raleigh Window Replacement Company. At Window Depot, we are committed to providing homeowners in Raleigh and surrounding areas with the very best combination of quality, performance, and affordability for their replacement windows and entry door projects. Brad and his staff pride themselves on providing expert product knowledge and honest advice in a comfortable, no-hassle environment. We are dedicated home improvement professionals with years of home remodeling experience. We truly believe in delivering the ultimate in customer satisfaction so you can be sure you’re making the right decisions for your home.

Gardens of the Carolinas

We are a family owned, residential design/build landscaping firm that has been serving the triangle since 1981.

Offers by Gardens of the Carolinas on Angi