Serpaco Painting

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2006

6104 Westgate Rd Suite 106

Raleigh, NC 27617

At Serpaco Painting, Inc. our mission is to deliver the best, from outstanding customer service to painting work that stands the test of time. We use our decade of experience, combined with value and customer care, to give our house painting clients the best experience possible. At Serpaco, we

07/25/2019

Kimberly M.

I was very impressed with Josh with Serpaco from the moment I reached out for an estimate. He was prompt and responsive when coming out and giving me my estimate. He also was prompt in returning my call to get on the schedule (even responding to me while on his vacation!!). He even remembered when we chatted that I'd be available if he could get me in sooner and called me the next day and made it happen. His workers were also considerate, polite, on time and did a wonderful job. I'd definitely hire Josh and his crew at Serpaco again!

Description of Work
Water Seal/Stain Screened in Porch

Category pressure washing, house painters

05/13/2019

Tom J.

A time was set for looking at the project. Josh called and texted nine minutes before the appointment to say that something had come up on his other job and he wouldn't be able to come. He made an appointment for the next day. This time he didn't appear and it wasn't until 1/2 hour after the appointment time that he texted me to say that he was held up. He asked what color we wanted and said that he would drive by the house and put an estimate in the mailbox. He didn't know what we wanted painted, or any details about the painting. A drive-by estimate was a joke. We told him that we would not be needing his services.

Description of Work
Exterior painting on house, breezeway and garage

03/18/2019

Dudley R.

They did an outstanding job. Nick was very responsive, provided a detailed estimate and explanation of how they would perform the job. He notified me when they wanted to begin and completed the job from Mon to Friday. They returned this Monday morning. Nick reviewed all the work performed and identified a couple of minor items that I wouldn't have noticed and had his crew touch up on the spot this morning. We are very pleased with the work performed.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior of House, repair rotten wood, rescreen porch, Paint Living Room

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

11/26/2018

anthony M.

All went well. Very satisfied overall

Description of Work
Paint 3 rooms

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

10/30/2018

Mary Ann W.

I highly recommend Serpaco! Nick and his team do excellent work, on time and on budget. I often recommend Serpaco to neighbors, friends and clients and will definitely be using them again in the future!

Description of Work
Painting interior and exterior, power washing and carpentry.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

08/04/2018

David M.

Serpaco repainted the exterior of our house along with some carpentry repairs. Nick did a great job working with us on a tight budget and it looks great. I will use them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
painted exterior of house

07/05/2018

Walter R.

Serpaco recently completed painting the exterior of our house. Daryl and his team did a super job! Our house looks great. The entire process from quote to job completion was done in a timely and professional manner. The price was fair. Payment wasn’t required until the work was complete, and... Serpaco backs their workmanship with a 5 year warranty. During the work, our property was kept tidy and all ladders were stacked out of the way each evening. My kudos to Daryl for his customer service. I’ll definitely use Serpaco for any future painting needs.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

03/13/2018

Jeffrey D J.

Serpaco did a fantastic job getting detecting and repairing all the external boards that were board that were rotted as well as painting the entire house. The real tricky part was repairing 3 shutters that were custom with the home. They not only repaired them but totally replaced one. Serpaco was also great a recommending paint schemes to bring out home's exterior up to date without drastically changing the color of our home. They were very particular about how the paint was applied resulting in a beautiful look to our home.

Description of Work
Exterior repair and painting

11/01/2017

Carolyn R.

We chose Serpaco Painting because: 1) An A rating with BBB and Angies List 3) They hand-paint the surface with brush. 4) They use top quality paint. 5) Nick was professional and very knowledgeable. We are very pleased and now have the most beautiful house on the cul-de-sac.

Description of Work
We had the exterior house cleaned and painted, including a small front porch and larger back deck. The house exterior had some water damaged wood replaced. The porch and deck were rebuilt. We were anxious about the weather, but luckily got 10 days of perfect weather. The house should have been painted long ago and we were concerned about damaged wood. We feel blessed too have gotten so much our money.

Category contractors, decks, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

10/12/2017

Don S.

Excellent job and professionalism by the Serpaco team. I will hire them again for other painting needs.

Description of Work
Screened in porch and front door restained

09/07/2017

Art J.

Rob and his crew were great to work with. No hidden costs, always in contact regarding the schedule & any weather delays and they left the year's as clean as when they first arrived. All work was brush painted, all items removed were reinstalled with no issues. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had the exterior of our house and detached garage painted and wood repair & staining of deck.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

09/07/2017

Jeffrey H.

I contacted Nick and he was very responsive. He came to the house with his crew and looked at my concerns. He explained what he thought was happening and quickly acknowledged it fell under the 5 year warranty he provided initially. Not only did they touch up the spots I had initially brought to their attention, but identified a few more spots and scraped, primed and repainted a large area. In a world where most warranties are not worth much, I was impressed that Serpaco stood squarely behind their warranty and made certain I was satisfied. I Would highly recommend them. The lead painter, Edgar, and his assistant were excellent.

Description of Work
Serpaco painted my house tree years ago and I have been pleased with the job. Recently I noticed some peeling in a couple of spots on the siding and rear door.

08/31/2017

Daryl G.

The house looks great! They had to work around the rain, but overall they finished the job quickly. They even came back and did a walk through to make sure they fixed everything that was requested. Great crew!

Description of Work
Stained the cedar shake, replaced rotted trim, secured loose shakes and siding, and touched up peeling paint around the windows.

Category siding, house painters

08/29/2017

michael A.

Perfect. Nick Serpa, the owner was here every day his en worked. An without asking he came back after the work was done for any punch list items that themissed, including cleaning up any paint spots.

Description of Work
Exterior/interior repairs and painting

Category drywall, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

08/27/2017

Wayne P.

The house looks better than it has ever looked in the 18 years we have owned it. I never expected that it could look this good. Preparation: The house was power washed and thoroughly caulked and checked for rotted wood. Carpentry: All fascia behind the gutters on all four sides of the house was replaced with PVC (the cost of my failing to keep the pine straw out of those gutters as I should have!) Also, minor soffit panel repairs. All new seams were thoroughly sealed with caulk. The 18 year old gutters were re-installed and the their exterior white finish was brought back to pristine condition with a cleaner...amazing! Painting: Sherwin Williams Super Paint was brush painted on to ensure good coverage and bonding. The high quality of the job is very obvious. Daryl, the Project Manager visited the job site at least twice daily. He handled every issue or request enthusiastically and beyond my expectations. He remembered (and took action on) casual comments I made during his initial visit to work up an estimate. He was very responsive by phone or email as well (e.g., during weather delays). He returned my call for an estimate in 20 minutes! The painting crew and the carpentry crew were very friendly and would patiently stop and answer any questions I had about process or scheduling. They definitely take pride in the quality of their work. Serpaco Painting was an unexpected joy!

Description of Work
Exterior painting of 1800 SF cedar plank sided ranch house. Replaced all fascia behind gutters.

08/02/2017

Christina C.

We are pleased with their work. They even stopped painting after the primer coat because they didn't think we would like the color we picked. They were RIGHT! Thankfully they stopped because we were out of town and couldn't see it in person. They easily could have finished the job with the color we chose and we would have had to have it repainted at our cost, yes it was that bad. 😜They helped us pick a much better color. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
We hired Them to paint the exterior of our home, brick and siding.

Category pressure washing, house painters

07/10/2017

Justin B.

The overall experience was good. David P. was always pleasant and very professional. He was a great point of contact for any questions or concerns we had. The crew tended to take a lot of breaks and some days only worked a couple hours and left. We had to call and mention this to David, but he took care of it right away and we did not have any issues. It took a really long time to get the project done. Mainly because they paint everything by hand and had to do two coats of paint. I was just anxious to get it done, so it seemed to take forever. The project took a total of two weeks to complete. My house is also 3,000 square feet, so that played a factor in the time it took to complete. Overall, it was a good experience as the work was good and the outcome turned out fantastic.

Description of Work
Exterior painting. Some carpentry work for some rotted wood and trim.

04/10/2017

Janice B.

They were fantastic! They spent more time than I expected so I know they go to every detail when it came to redoing the rotten wood or wood that had woodpecker holes in it. They helped me pick out the shudder color which I love.

Description of Work
They redid any rotten trim and repainted including the shudders.

03/05/2017

William M.

Serpaco is an exceptional painting company. Initially, Serpaco was recommended by a neighbor. We then checked the Angie's List customer reviews which confirmed the neighbor's recommendation. We were extremely pleased with every facet of the project. The Regional Director, Daryl, was immediately responsive to our request for a visit and estimate. Daryl is courteous, professional, and detailed. He supervised the project which involved power washing, carpentry and caulking, and hand-brush painting. The carpentry work by Brandon was comprehensive and excellent in quality and detail. The hand-brush painting, led by Eduardo's crew, was superb. No payment was requested until completion at which time Daryl inspected the project with us to assure that every detail was covered and that we were satisfied. We wish that every contractor of other services were as competent, honest, and professional as Serpaco Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting with significant carpentry repair of damaged and rotted wood and siding.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

11/14/2016

Paul D.

From initial estimate, through prep, wood rot repair, painting, and post work inspection, Daryl and his entire crew provided expert services with emphasis on quality workmanship and customer service. Daryl arrived on schedule for the initial estimate, explained the prep/repair/painting process and took the time to answer all my questions on materials to be used. Though not the cheapest, I chose Serpaco for best value/quality. Once the job was scheduled, Daryl kept me informed of any pending delays due to weather or other circumstances. On the start date, Daryl and his crew arrived on time and got right to work. Daryl was at the house twice a day, inspecting, suggesting improvements (wood rot underneath brass plate front door), and communicating with me on progress of the days work and schedule for the following day. He and the crew continued to be prompt arriving for work and cleaning up prior to their departure for the day. As the job progressed, Daryl was very accommodating to my schedule changes and adjusted the work effort accordingly. Final inspection with me was thorough; a minor discrepancy on the front door corrected the next morning. I can't say enough about the professionalism, quality of work, and focus on customer satisfaction exhibited by Daryl and his crew. I will definitely use Serpaco/Daryl in the future and have recommended them to others in my neighborhood.

Description of Work
Exterior trim, window with wood rot repair & gutter painting for large brick house plus cleaning of concrete drive and walkway.

Category decks, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

10/21/2016

Susan M.

This was the 2nd time I used Serpaco. Daryl is excellent to work with. He is very knowledgeable and their crew does excellent work both on repairs and on painting. I have a ranch home but there was a lot of siding, fascia, soffit that had to be replaced - even more than was originally estimated as they got into the work. He traded off this extra cost with me for not painting exterior doors which all had storm doors on them and were in good condition. The crew is small which I prefer and they are prompt every day and hardworking, worked past 6pm on all but the last day because they finished in the afternoon and ate lunch on site. Daryl checks in daily, something I did not experience when I used CertaPro some years ago before finding Serpaco.

Description of Work
Exterior siding repairs and painting

Category contractors, house painters

09/27/2016

Wayne S.

Excellent work performed with excellent quality materials

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category contractors, house painters

07/24/2016

Nanci L.

Serpaco Painting did a great job from start to finish. I got estimates from four companies - Nick Serpa impressed me when he provided the estimate. They had to do a good bit of siding repair - more than I had thought but once I looked it all really needed to be fixed. His crew was quiet and neat -- worked diligently and quickly. Love the five-year warranty, too. Brandon, the master carpenter, built new rear steps to solve a safety issue with the previous steps -- they are functional and attractive. Brandon did all the needed carpentry. They also power washed everything and painted the mailbox.

Description of Work
Painting, siding and window repair, built new steps

Category contractors, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

07/06/2016

Mark T.

I had several companies come out to give me estimates on the job, all ranging in price and how the job was to be performed. I was most impressed with Serpaco and the quality of materials and work that they had promised to deliver. Not only did they use a high quality superior paint but they also hand painted two coats of paint on the siding, instead of spraying the paint on. I have peace of mind that I will not be painting my house again for at least another decade, maybe longer. Although they weren't the lowest estimate i received (and not the most expensive either), they did however excel in the quality of work that I felt I would receive. Most of the other companies used a lower grade of paint and also would only spray paint one coat on. I really felt that having it brushed on, instead of sprayed on was the way to go. The job went very quickly...5 days, and the crew worked diligentyly, on time, everyday. After all the work was done, Nick came out and spotted a few areas that were overlooked and the crew quickly took care of those issues. Nick was great to work with and was very straight forward with everything. This is the company I will return to if I need any house exterior work done in the future. Awesome value!

Description of Work
Painted exterior siding, trim, gutters, front door and shutters

04/29/2016

Ann W.

We received several estimates and Serpaco was comparable to one other quote, but Serpaco used higher quality paint and brush only application. A snag with one of the doors fitting properly, but they came up with solution quickly. We were very happy to have Nick, Brandon, and crew work on our house.

Description of Work
Masonite siding repaired with hardiplank, exterior painting, and 4 new doors.

Category siding, house painters