Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since June 2006

8820 Midway West Rd

Raleigh, NC 27617

No extra charge for nights, weekends & holidays. Award winning. Additional phones - (919) 929-2716, (919) 546-9050, (919) 968-8204, (919) 786-0300, (919) 781-6796, (919) 934-6751, (919) 682-1457, (919) 954-9646, (919) 787-6786, (919) 363-1613, (919) 366-3045, (919) 828-3618 & (919) 546-8689, (919)

09/29/2022

Christie H.

At best incompetent, at worst dishonest. This is a saga but if you need help with leak detection, you should read this before calling roto rooter. We were notified that we had high water usage by the town. We called roto rooter on a Monday afternoon for leak detection. They said they would call back in an hour. They did not. We called them, they asked us to wait a bit longer. Sure, no problem. Finally they call at 7 PM and say they couldn't fit us in and schedule us for the next day, 3-7 PM. We are unhappy but understand the world is understaffed and look forward to some answers the next day. The next day I get a call from the technician letting us know that he would be there from 6-7. Great! Then we get a call at 6:30 letting us know he is 45 minutes out according to GPS. Not ideal, but still fine. Unfortunately, Courtland must have gotten lost for 45 more minutes despite his GPS and doesn't show up until 8 PM. We had already called dispatch to cancel because we needed to put our kids to bed, but that message did not get to him. He's here though, so we let him do the job. He says there is water in the crawl space, recommends digging up the line in the front yard and quotes us $4200. Yikes! Because the vibes were off, I called for a second opinion Wednesday morning. They show up as scheduled on the same day. To my surprise, the technician tells me there is no water under the house. He explains to me how to read the meter and shows me that the meter says 0 gallons of water are being used per minute, indicating no leak. However, the usage goes up periodically, indicating a running toilet. We discover the toilet upstairs needs to be replaced. The repair (including the new toilet) is 1/6 of the cost we were quoted by roto rooter. Now here is the kicker. Courtland's card indicates he is the Excavation Sales Supervisor. I'm pretty certain he was trying to upsell us to have the yard excavated, hoping we would never look under the house to verify his claims. So, not only was he incredibly late and inconsiderate of our time but he was also either incredibly incompetent and didn't even check the meter or he just straight up lied. Either way I will never trust Roto Rooter with my business again since this is the kind of person they employ and apparently promote to supervisory roles.

Description of Work
Leak Detection

12/17/2018

Cass C.

The drain was cleared efficently 7 promptly.

Description of Work
Opening a stopped drain in the kitchen.

Category drain cleaning

08/06/2018

Andres R.

Every thing appeared to be OK when the Technician left, but Within a month I had to call them back because the sprayer broke. The new technician said that it had not been installed properly and that is why broke.

Description of Work
Replace the kitchen sink faucet

Category plumbing

We understand the inconvenience of your concern but hope that everything has been resolved to your satisfaction. We will be having a manager reach out to you to follow up with your review. Thank you.

07/29/2018

Jeffrey S.

I've used then several times now and have never been disappointed. They are always on time and do good work, for a decent price.

Description of Work
Unclog entire house pipes.

04/09/2018

john S.

The service technician successfully unclogged the drain and was professional. I don't know if I got weekend rates, but it was very expensive.

Description of Work
unclogging kitchen sink

03/26/2018

Daphne P.

Plumber quickly identified problem as outside clog and used a snake to dislodge it fixing the problem. Toilets, showers and bathtubs all draining normally.

Description of Work
Toilets were flushing, shower and bathtub flooding from drain

01/23/2018

Capers J.

Company replaced a part on our toilet for free! What a great service!

Description of Work
Leaky toilet

12/08/2017

Kelly B.

I feel Roto Rooter was there to rob and try to take advantage of a woman.

Description of Work
These guys are thieves and need to be called out. Called Roto Rooter on 12/7. Informed them I had hot water heater that is leaking and appears to need replacing. I requested a service technician take a look at it and give a replacement estimate. They sent a service tech the same day which I thought was pretty good responds time. I was not home at the time only my wife. Service tech provided written quote of $3425.00 + tax to replace a gas/ direct vent 50 gal hot water heater. $2100 of it was for labor 2 guys 5 hours work. Technician offered $200 to drain the tank while he was there. I got 2 more quotes from other companies the same day comparing apples to apples. One quote was $1950 all inclusive + tax and the other $1880.00 + tax. I feel Roto Rooter was there to rob and try to take advantage of a woman.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for providing your feedback. We will be looking into your concern and a manager will be reaching out to you to further address your experience.

11/27/2017

nathan O.

well, the job was done completely and correctly and the technician made sure things really were in good shape after the service was completed.

Description of Work
clogged bathroom

11/05/2017

Helga S.

The plumbing work that was done was very good and the plumber was very professional. I have used Roto-Rooter in the past and have always been very happy with their work. However, I have a large complaint about the water restoration service, and will never use either division again due to it. 1. The plumber called a sales person from the Water Restoration division of Roto-Rooter when he saw that restoration services were needed due to the leak. The sales person strongly implied that I would not have to pay my $1,000 deductible when he got me to sign the water extraction agreement. This was after he had called my insurance company on his cell phone with me and they had informed me and him of the deductible. He said that as soon as you say "demo" (demolition?) that there wouldn't be any deductible. He said that he had done a lot of these claims and only one had been denied. I had originally wanted to call my insurance agent myself, but the sale person insisted that he make the call with me. 2. The ceramic light fixture in the crawl space was broken by the restoration workers. When I signed off on the work, I noticed the bulb lying on the ground, but did not notice that the part of the fixture that it is supposed to screw into was broken off and still attached to the bulb. I asked the workers why the bulb was out, and they said they didn't know anything about it. My husband distinctly recalls that the bulb had been in the fixture and working before the restoration workers started their work. When I paid the remainder of the bill after insurance (the $1,000 deductible) to Roto-Rooter, I told the person on the phone my complaint and was told to send an email describing the issue. Twelve days after sending the email, I had not heard back from Roto-Rooter, so emailed them again. At this point, the manager of the Water Restoration services called me and had me describe the incident over the phone with the salesperson listening in. The outcome of that conversation was that the manager got an electrician to fix the light fixture and said that the sales person would be dealt with internally, but because "he was not there when the incident happened", did not refund any of the $1,000 that I had paid. He said that what the salesperson meant was that the deductible portion would go to the replacement of the insulation in the crawlspace, which Roto-Rooter does not do. This was not at all what my husband and I heard the the salesman say. The manager also made it clear that he thought I should have known that the deductible would have to be paid by me, despite what the salesperson had repeatedly said to us at the time. I was glad when this issue happened that Roto-Rooter had added a restoration service to the company, but I don't think it's up to the high standards of quality and professionalism as the plumbing service. As both divisions reflect on the company as a whole, unfortunately, I cannot recommend the company anymore.

Description of Work
Fix Leak in Crawlspace. ($218) Water Restoration services after the leak. The water restoration services included tearing out wet insulation, putting in a dehumidifier and fans to dry out the crawlspace, and spraying mildewcide on the remaining insulation. Restoration does not include replacing torn out insulation. ($1,789)

Category plumbing, water damage restoration

11/01/2017

Toni H.

Wayne, Technician #3112, did an excellent job walking me through what needed to be done in order to retrieve rag washed down toilet. He not only did a professional job but made sure he cleaned up after work was completed.

Description of Work
Retrieve rag washed down toilet

Category drain cleaning

10/11/2017

Neighbor to N.

Fine, just a little pricey - but at least they responded quickly.

Description of Work
Bathroom plumbing - commercial

10/01/2017

Patrice H.

First plumber (different company) I contacted at 9:45 on a Saturday morning when water was backing up in all my showers in could not use the commodes stated he would be in my house a little after 2 PM. At 2:25 PM he call me and stated he couldn't do my job as he had added on another job closer to his previous job and he was just giving me the "courtesy call" to tell me he wasn't coming. I called Roto-Rooter and they were very good in communicating technician time arrival. Technician Julius arrived Saturday night, was very professional and thorough doing his job and got the problem fixed.

Description of Work
Tree roots were in sewer line, had to be removed.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

09/20/2017

Laura B.

The service technician was a really nice guy and knew what he was doing. I did have a little issue with the scheduling department. The day I called, they said they would be out same day with a 4 hour window. They called about 2 hours into the 4 hours and said they would not be coming. Since this was not an emergency, I tried scheduling several days in advance, they were hesitant to commit.

Description of Work
I had two toilets refurbished and two outside faucets replaced.

09/18/2017

David S.

They always do a good job, and did this time as well.

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen faucet.

Susan K.

The were expensive for what they did. The quality of service was excellent. They came quickly and did it. They were only here for just a couple minutes. They were expensive. I didn't get a quote because I really needed them, but I would next time.

Description of Work
They unclogged my toilette.

Susan K.

They were excellent.They came on the 3rd, they put a six inch arm, the plumber and I thought it would be fine but it still wasn't long enough. He took it from two inch arm to six inch arm, but it was still too tall, when I actually was in there with no shoes on. They had to order a part, they put a 10 inch arm.He had to come back and didn't charge any labor or anything else. He came back on the 24th and put the arm in. They did a really good job, they came when they said they would.

Description of Work
They removed a shower arm and put a longer one.

Susan K.

They did an excellent job. It took a lot of work. I live in a townhouse, where you turn the faucet on and off was 4 feet underneath my deck. Someone has to get on all 4 and crawl under there to turn it on and off. He actually moved the mechanism and stuff itself up on the deck. Insulated between the faucet and underneath, cause once it exploded, because of cold weather, so that it would not explode. He did a beautiful job it looks great, it still works great. I have a lot of plants so I use it everyday. It was expensive but they were here a long time.

Description of Work
They replaced an outside faucet on my back deck.

09/07/2017

sharon T.

I did use them. They were quite high and he was only here for a short period of time. It was over $400 just to re-set a button in a water fountain. For price, definitely an F because it shouldn't have taken $400 to press a button in a water fountain. For the quality, he just talked too much. For responsiveness, they get an A for that; they were quick. He was just telling us about his personal - where he was from, which was fine - but if you're charging me by the hour, go ahead and get your stuff done, and he wasn't even here an hour. At this point when you're charging me to pay up front when you don't even know what's wrong with the water fountain - I've never seen anyone charge me up front for a problem that you don't even know what the problem is. So he charged me the $400-something dollars up front and he said there would be more, I would have to pay more. He opened up the water fountain, pressed a button, and it turned right on. I had used them prior before, for the same water fountain, but it didn't cost me that much.

Description of Work
This was just to re-set. No parts replaced. He just pressed a button in my water fountain and that was $400. My water fountain at my daycare center wasn't working.

08/01/2017

Daniel R.

Didn't have the specific part (Mansfield Toilet). Not able to get the part. Paid for a service call and ended up buying the part and repairing myself.

Description of Work
Toilet running - needed new flapper

Category plumbing

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to look into this further, however we have been unable to match the address you provide here with any recent work on file. If you could please email me that information to Pat.Swanson at rrsc.com, I will happily be able to assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Pat Swanson Customer Satisfaction Manager

07/17/2017

Michael C.

It was an emergency service because the pipe was busted. They were able to come in the same day I called. They couldn't make it at the time they told me but kept me updated about their status and still saw me that day. He mentioned while he was working and if I went online, they would give me $40 off the bill. They let me go online and take advantage of that coupon even though I didn't know about it. They fixed it well, they were cordial, nice gentleman. I can't say enough about them, they really saved my tail.

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor faucet that had busted and was leaking

07/10/2017

Chris M.

It was very difficult to understand the plumber (English was his 2nd language). I had to get his supervisor on the phone to even understand the initial quote. There was no trip charge but the plumber failed to give an accurate estimate and increased the price twice after starting work. In the end, I could have bought an entire new toilet for less.

Description of Work
Toilet leaking inside tank.

06/22/2017

Dwight P.

I have used them several and they do a real good job. The price, they could reduce it tremendously. Had I not really needed the service quickly I would have looked around to have it done but it was pretty much an emergency.

Description of Work
A toilet overflowed and then I hired them so he came in and fixed that. Of course they charged me an arm and a leg. The toilet was in an upstairs bathroom and it affected areas below so I had them to dry out the structure -- dry out the house walls. They fixed that.

06/16/2017

Angela B.

It was a little tough but the tech was persistent. Super friendly too

Description of Work
Main toilet line blocked

06/10/2017

andrea H.

I could get them very quickly. I didn't have to wait very long.

Description of Work
I had a stop up in both of my bathtubs and my toilet.

Drain Designs

At Drain Designs, our goal is to double the healthy life of your home and landscaping by ensuring a proper, well maintained drainage system. We have over 30 years of experience in drainage & waterproofing detective work - design & installations - foundation and structural repair. Our systems prevent costly depreciation, structural damage and health concerns. Lifetime guaranteed, easy to test, PVC pipe systems, French Drains & our patented American Drains. Satisfaction is guaranteed! For more info, please call us at (919) 545-7771 or 1-800-DRAINAGE, or visit www.draindesigns.com.

2022 Super Service Award

Shamrock Waterproofing

Serving the Triangle area since 1992 Licensed and Insured. Residential and Commercial. Lowest Price Guaranteed. Interior and Exterior Systems. Lifetime Warranty FREE ESTIMATES

Strong Quality HVAC Home Improvement

17 years in the business with specializing in Heat & Air, Refrigeration and Home Improvement. Serving in the area codes of 919, 252, 336, 910, 704

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Residential and commercial dishwashers, disposers, faucets, sinks, floor, drains, showers, tubs, sewer lines replacement, drain cleaning, sump, pumps, video camera line inspection, water heaters, septic, plumbing, hauling, line detection & water jetting.