Raleigh Locksmith Service

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2006

2201 HAMRICK DR

Raleigh, NC 27615

Company provides a 15% off service call along with FREE keys to Angie's List customers. Company is operated by the owner and his son. Owner, Ed Walters, has has provided locksmithing service since 1981. Son, Kevin Walters, a 2010 graduate of East Carolina with degrees in Business and Construction Management, has worked part time since 2001. Apprenticed for 1 year and has been full time since 2011. No subs. Cost determined by a flat rate. Travel charges may apply on a service call. Ed: 919-880-0093 Kevin: 919-880-5222 Kevin - 919-880-5222...

07/23/2022

Jeffrey H.

I was quoted $65 over the phone. I called back to confirm and the company said it was $29 for the trip charge and $36 for the labor. Once the car was opened I was charged $133.75. I was totally lied to! Beware!!!

Description of Work
Unlock a car

03/19/2020

Penny P.

Fast response, arrived in 1 hour, repair handled effectively and efficiently in 15-20 minutes. Will use again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Repair 2 door locksets.

02/22/2019

Jennifer S.

Great! He arrived and was able to rekey and cut 4 keys in about 20 min. Super nice and just an overall smooth, great experience. HIGHLY recommend.

Description of Work
Rekey commercial lock.

02/21/2019

Jay H.

Ed was early, friendly, very efficient, did a great job

Description of Work
Rekey exterior and interior locks

07/23/2018

Thomas Y.

Excellent response. I called on a Saturday morning at 9:30 am, and he was here at 10:45. Very courtesy young man. Worked quickly, cleaned up afterwards and was out of here in less than a hour. Would definite use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed a dead bolt.

01/01/2018

Rhonda M.

Excellent...next day service, on time, and very professional! I've worked with both Kevin and Ed, and enjoyed them both!

Description of Work
Raleigh Locksmith changed multiple locks and keys.

07/19/2017

A D.

Fantastic! I had to reschedule the time twice that day, but Ed was very understanding willing to accommodate. He arrived at the house before I did and got started right away. He was very friendly and personable.

Description of Work
Just purchased a home and needed all locks rekeyed.

05/23/2017

IE M.

Raleigh Locksmith returned my call right away. He came on time and was professional and completed the work very fast.

Description of Work
Needed locks re-keyed and new dead bolts installed.

03/28/2017

Sara L.

Amazing! I got five estimates and Raleigh Locksmith's was the lowest, saving me $10-$65 over the competitors. When I called to book an appointment, Ed said he could probably meet me in about an hour, and would call as soon as he finished his current job. He called ten minutes later, and 20 minutes after that was at my house. He was friendly and fast. Went to work and rekeyed my five locks in about 20 minutes. He even fixed my garage door when I mentioned it wasn't working (a quick fix, but extremely helpful to me). He also gave me three key copies without an extra charge. I couldn't have been happier with the service. Fast, good quality, and inexpensive.

Description of Work
Need to rekey locks after buying a new house.

01/31/2017

Christine K.

Wonderfully! I couldn't believe how quickly he responded and also got the job done. I called in the evening, by the next morning he was at my door at 8:30 am, smiling and ready to go! He changed all three doors in no time at all, made me the copies of my new keys, and finished within a few minutes. Simply amazing customer service!! Thank you!! Highly recommend :)

Description of Work
Emergency change of locks/re-key in our home.

09/02/2016

DAVID E.

Very well. He came early and was very quick at doing everything. Very professional too. Will use him again if I need a locksmith.

Description of Work
A deadbolt installed and several locks rekeyed.

08/30/2016

Robin P.

Great. On time. Quick work but well done.

Description of Work
Install deadbolt.

08/15/2016

Jeremy H.

Made one call, they were here right away and got the locks replaced super fast with a great price.

Description of Work
Replace locks.

05/21/2016

Karen L.

Kevin Walters was extremely professional, and provided exactly what we needed. I called to schedule the service, and he figured out from our discussion what was needed. I will definitely use their locksmith service again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Provided a deadbolt hole in front door.

03/22/2016

Sara K.

I called and he showed up 30 minutes later to change out eight locks and provide new keys, all done in about 15 minutes. Extremely happy with how easy this was to schedule, and how quickly he came out. Would definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Re-keyed our entire house.

03/21/2016

Rebecca V.

What a wonderful experience the follow up and quick work and response absolutely professional and great experience!!

Description of Work
Installed two new deadbolts

01/27/2016

David H.

Spoke with Ed a few weeks ahead of our anticipated closing date to schedule re-keying of an entire new home purchase. He advised to call back a few days prior to closing to schedule an appointment and that would be sufficient notice. I called the day before closing and arranged a time in the afternoon following our closing. Due to some issues with the seller at closing, things had to be pushed back by a few hours. Spoke with Ed and he suggested a new time later in the day without any complaints. Ed arrived at the property a few minutes ahead of us and at about the same time as our Realtor. I called our Realtor to tell him we'd be a few minutes late to the new home (picking up our daughter from carpool). He asked if the locksmith should go ahead and get started, which we then gave the OK. We arrived shortly afterwards and Ed was already well under way. He mentioned there were more locks than I originally stated - some things had locks on them that I did not realize - and asked if they should all be changed. I gave the go ahead and he continued working. When done with the locks, he asked how many keys I'd like. I requested four. When done he handed me six keys (at no extra cost) and charged just a few dollars more than the quoted price for the four extra locks - well less than the per lock fee originally quoted. Very happy with the professionalism and cost. Highly recommended. Will use again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Re-keyed entire new home purchase.

10/12/2015

Kevin B.

Service was extremely friendly and punctual. He offered the advertised Angie's List discount, and made me a new key on the spot. Very quick and well done, would use each time.

Description of Work
Service call, removal of front door lock to remove broken key.

09/01/2015

Kristen H.

FANTASTIC! Called Ed and he arrived within 2 hours of my phone call. Provided me with an amazing Angie's List discount and free keys. Ed changed out the cylinders (3 total) from our new front and back doors which had the standard locks installed. He arrived quickly after I called and was only on-site for maybe 20 minutes. He provided us with (4) keys and went on his way. We used Ed's company as our first Angie's List referral about 2 years ago and he was fantastic. We couldn't wait to repeat our business! We refer anyone with a locksmith need to Ed and Raleigh Locksmith Service because they are kind, professional, and incredibly fair with their prices.

Description of Work
Installed new locks for our front and back doors

08/25/2015

DIANE N.

Moved into a new house and needed the locks re-keyed. After a schedule change at closing, had to cancel my Friday appointment for the re-key, but for a very minimal additional charge, Kevin was able to come out Saturday. Showed up on time, evaluated and confirmed our needs and made sure everything worked and we were happy before he left. Thanks Kevin!!

Description of Work
Re-keyed locks, made new keys

07/14/2015

Wayland S.

Excellent. He was extremely nice and professional. The service didn't take him long to complete.

Description of Work
Rekey 8 locks and install two plates.

06/30/2015

John K.

Ed not only replaced the door lock but corrected problems from the original door installation. Terrific service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Replaced door lock and repaired door.

06/25/2015

Scott A.

Ed was fantastic! Very responsive, friendly and fast! I contacted Raleigh Locksmith Service in the morning about rekeying locks on a house we just bought and Ed fit us in that same afternoon. He swung by and rekeyed all 6 locks (which there were 3 different lock brands) and he was able to get them all on the same key. I highly recommend them (it's a father & son team) and definitely will use again in the future when we need locksmithing services. Thanks!

Description of Work
Rekeyed locks on house we bought

06/24/2015

Scott E.

The owner was very responsive in working with me to schedule the job. He even arrived early the morning of the appointment. He was very professional. The job was done quickly and to my satisfaction. I've already recommended him to friends and I will definitely use him again for any other locksmith needs.

Description of Work
I had one deadbolt lock replaced, a new deadbolt lock installed on another door and the locks re keyed to match.

06/23/2015

Kevin M.

The appointment time was 12:30. I return home at 12:25 and he's waiting outside. He's present for 15-20 minutes and then hands me four keys, and they work perfectly. Credit card was accepted on the spot via reader attached to his phone. Prompt, courteous, quick. I'll be calling them back next time I need locksmithing services.

Description of Work
Re-keyed three locks and cut four keys for them

Apex Lock and Key Locksmith

Super Service Award Winner for 7 straight years! Apex Lock and Key Locksmith is full service locksmith based in Apex, NC. We offer mobile locksmith service for Apex, Cary, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, and Raleigh, NC. We are happy to provide our community with services such as Free Emergency Infant Lockout Service, and discounts for Fire/EMS, Military, Police, Teachers, Students, Nurses and Seniors. We are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. Please give us a call if we can help out with any of your locksmith needs! Give us a call at 919-387-3884 for a free and friendly over the phone estimate.

KeyLogic Locksmith

KeyLogic Locksmith is your professional resource for Automotive, Residential, and Commercial locksmith services. We are a locally owned and operated mobile locksmith serving the Triangle. We do not hire sub-contractors and make it our priority to exceed our customers’ expectations of quality, service, and value. To learn more about our services or to book an appointment, call us anytime at (919) 704-6202.

A1 Lock & Safe of North Carolina

A1 Lock & Safe of North Carolina specializes in providing prompt and professional locksmith services, as well as safe repair and sales. Our full-service locksmith company offers services for residential properties, commercial buildings, and vehicles, and we are available 24 hours a day to ensure you always receive the help you need when you need it most. We are proud to offer affordable pricing on all services and we are known for providing the best work in North Carolina.Give us a call @ 919-471-1111 or email:a1ricky@nc.rr.com

Locks Re-keyed. Deadbolt Locks Installed. Locks Repaired. Master Keying Systems. Safe Changes. Cars & Trucks Opened. We are on the road most of the time and answer calls quickly. Angie's List does not alert us when a message is left on their website. Please call us at mobile: 919.880.0093 (Ed) or 919.880.5222 (Kevin), or business: 919.846.9300 for a quote or appointment. Thank you!

Automotive Lock Repair.