Power Home Technologies - Raleigh NC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2009

4521 Preslyn Dr

Raleigh, NC 27616

LOCAL! LOCAL! LOCAL! We are your local home security provider that has been in business for over 11 years and installed more than 85,000 customers. We believe that installing a home security system is something that should not be done over the phone or mailed to you. We will send out a licensed security professional to design a security system that fits your needs and budget. Through Angie's List we offer systems for as low as $34.99 per month with no activation or installation fees! Please give us a call or email us today to schedule your free consultation and help support our community by doing business with a local company that will be here for you when you need it!...

11/13/2017

Marge S.

They both arrived I a couple of days. They were great advising me how to replace the main battery!

Description of Work
I needed a new battery after Hurricane Irma and a new remote key

Category home security systems, security windows

06/21/2017

Michele B.

Everything went as expected. Their monitoring fee increased over the last few years and was higher than their competitors. Customer service worked with me after my contract ended and offered a fair monthly monitoring fee for a contract extension.

Description of Work
I've used this company for 5 years to install and monitor my home alarm system.

02/13/2017

Charles P.

the installation was fine; the providers pitched perks as if they were a part of my package but were not. For example, a primary reason for choosing them was their video security. I soon learned that it was not yet available (this was years ago)

Description of Work
home security system installed.

08/01/2015

Ann C.

They've charged me when it wasn't working. Everything else is fine. That time I found out that it wasn't working, they didn't even know it wasn't working and neither did their monitoring system know it wasn't working. Nobody bothered to check on it. They said they would be back and off course they didn't come back because I called and said it was fixed after the telephone company left. Within two weeks of them putting the system in, it was not working and nobody knew about it until a month ago and then it took them over a week to come out here and then it took me another week to get the phone company to fix it. I've been charged a monthly since May for the system that wasn't working. Edit: They have taken care of everything that had gone wrong and everything is very well done now.

Description of Work
They were trying to fix my security system. They didn't repair it, the telephone company repaired it.

08/01/2015

RON B.

It works fine. There's no problem. It works good. It's very good.

Description of Work
They installed it.

Ralph M.

I've been using them for a year and haven't had any problems with them.

Description of Work
They're an alarm and security system.

Carol W.

It is fine. Nothing significant stands out. They were fine Their monthly price is a reasonable fee. I know it was lower than what I was paying previously. The monitoring company has a different name other than Power Technologies. He was punctual the day he came to install. I don't think I would change to another service at this point in time.

Description of Work
They did my home security.

Thank you for your review! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

Michael F.

They did a good job. They came in and did a competent job. The alarm system works. My mom is 87 and I live 500 miles away and he told me if she ever needs anything, to just call him. He offered to personally look in on her if she needed anything. There was no problems with price, performance or personnel. They bent over backwards to help us. The price seemed reasonable. It wasn't anything outrageous. They seem like a straight up company. It's a good service. My mother is looked after pretty good. She got quite a bit of equipment for free for displaying their sign on her door.

Description of Work
They put in an alarm system at my mother's home and monitor it.

Thank you for the A-Review! We appreciate your business! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

Sharon L.

I am not going to use them after their last contract service. They are the company that installed the alarm system and we have another company servicing it. We were trying to get a hold of them. I moved to California and got another company to help because there was an issue with the system. We purchased the equipment from them. It cost $60 a month to change to another company. I called them recently because the alarm system went off. Their price was terrible. They didn't provide the service. They just put their system in and that's it. The company is professional, they guys are who they are. The alarm they put on the doors actually fell off. I called them up and the guy I talked to told me, "Put that back on the wall." I called the company later and they told me, "He shouldn't have told you that, etc."

Description of Work
They installed the alarm system.

Category home security systems

I'm not sure what went wrong with your account. I looked back over the notes and you gave us a perfect score on your QA call at the install. The only other notes we have are from March. Here are the notes on our account: Nothing negative. She called in March to state she was going out of town and wanted to see what she needed to do to prevent false alarms. She was trained over phone and she also mentioned she had been transferred all over the place. My guess is she called Monitronics and then was transferred to PHT. The relationship between MONI and PHT was explained, Issue resolved. In June, Jon Peaslee went out to remount a door contact that had fallen off (Justin Medlin org. installer). Nothing stating customer was upset after it was fixed. You can reach me directly at [email removed] if I can help you resolve any other issues. Thanks! -Ben Brookhart - CEO

06/29/2015

Norb S.

There was one issue that took forever to get resolved.

Description of Work
I used Power Home Technologies - Raleigh NC.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business. I see that there are some things that we could have done a better job for you. Can you email me at bbrookhart@pht.com to let me know what is a good time to reach out to you to help improve our service to you. Thank you! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

DAWN & PERCY H.

They did a great job. The price was reasonable plus, the equipment we got made it reasonable. The technician that came in did a great job. They have been responsive and punctual so far. I wouldn't use them again in the future because prices went down a lot compared to others.

Description of Work
They do an alarm system for us.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business and the great review! We appreciate it! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

Kenneth P.

The first door round was not typically I’m sure their best but their returned trip when I complained, they sent a very qualified technician and straightened things out. But it did go well the first time. It was quite a bit of time for the second guy to come, I had to do a lot of letter for these folks. What I got locally was a standoff and finally reached someone who is at some superindentend level, I don’t recall exactly where he was. It took some billing and it wasn’t your typical “make a call and things are satisfied”.

Description of Work
Power Home Technologies installed a system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business.

Ann M.

They had put in some stuff for me before and this last time was like a call. I think the price was fine, I don't think they would try to gouge you or anything.

Description of Work
Power Home Technologies came out about 9 months ago.

Thank you for your business and the great review! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

John C.

It worked out very well. I think there was a free installation. I think their plan is whereby you sign up for a free installation and then you pay per month. I will certainly recommend them. I was very pleased with the installation and I’m pleased so far with the service.

Description of Work
Power Home Technologies did some work for me. They came out for an installation and that must have been three months ago.

Thank you for your business and the great review! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

06/22/2015

John C.

There were significant challenges experienced in utilizing the PHT equipment that we faced, that were giving my wife exceptionally high levels of frustration. As the saying goes, "when the wife isn't happy, nobody is happy". PHT took this on board and 'did the right thing' giving us the option to revert to another company whose technology is understandable and usable insofar as my wife is concerned. Hence, a happy wife makes for a happier husband. Thank you PHT.

Description of Work
Update to earlier comments: I must applaud PHT for "doing the right thing", even when it means they are losing a customer. Suffice it to say, PHT has the integrity and the decency to realize that sometimes things don't go exactly as planned. In their interest to promote a positive customer environment, we came to agreeable terms. That deserves special credit in my book. I wish PHT all the success in their future endeavors. As soon as I can get back to ADT, I'm going. PHT is a JOKE. Their equipment doesn't work, they refuse to accept responsibility, and will use every trick to stay one step ahead of the law. DO NOT USE PHT!!!!

Category home security systems

I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. I pulled your recorded QA call at the time of installation and you gave us all "10's" which is the highest rating you could give. Please email me at bbrookhart@pht.com so we can discuss your account. Thanks! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

Kerry H.

The service went well. They had a good price.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business and your review! We appreciate it! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

EDWARD B.

The alarm went off and the notified me and a policeman came so I guess it did its job. I think their prices are competitive. I guess if I come home and find someone in the house it would be useful.

Category home security systems, home automation

marvin R.

It's been great, no problem at all. The price was practical.

Description of Work
Power Home Technologies - Raleigh NC installed an alarm system.

david B.

We do have a good working relationship with them and they do a good job. It's not as expensive as ADT and we get more for what we're paying for. We can do it by telephone from anywhere whereas we were going to have to pay extra. We got caught out of town, forgot to set our alarm and ADT said that they could not do it for us. They said that we would have to go in and setup another account. We couldn't even do it on the phone. With Power Home Technologies system, I can pull up in the house where you can move around or be far away. You have two different options. We have pups that we leave in the house, so we don't want our alarm tripping. They just had better options for us. When we have our dogs with us we can say 'arm' and anything that happens they're going to call us. They were good when they set it up and we haven't needed them anymore. Their professionalism was wonderful.

Description of Work
We had ADT and we changed to Power Home Technologies. We pay a very good price monthly.

Category home security systems, home automation

Virginia T.

I like it and have not had any problems. The service was fine. She fixed the problem, told me what to do and walked me through it. . I wanted to change one thing so she told me how to do it so everything went fine, I was pleased with it. Nobody has been out and the installation went smoothly. I have not had to use it so that is good. I feel confident when I lay down and go to sleep at night. I feel better knowing I have that added security. Their price runs along with everybody else's. I recommended them to a friend and she has the service as well.

Description of Work
I used Power Home Technologies.

Greg C.

The installation was fine but had quite a few problems with the way their equipment works though about 3 months, 4 months ago. The person who did the installation was very friendly, knowledgeable, and he works quickly. It has not worked since they already installed the components of my alarm system. They are extremely overpriced. I will not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They have not checked on the alarm system. The installation was free.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your business. I'm sorry you have had service issues. I will have my team get you taken care of ASAP! Thanks for letting us know. -Ben Brookhart, CEO

Judy C.

I never had a problem with them, actually. I haven't missed a mulfunction, there's something. They were really good. The price is good. I will use them again, for 3 to 4 years.

Description of Work
They did some work. They installed, a couple of years ago, my alarm system. I signed a 5-year contract, got pressured into it. I wish I have not, but you never know what's on hand.

Brenda D.

It was excellent. I like their system because its easy to access. They are very efficient. They came and did what they had to do and that was it, I liked it. They are good. In overall they are excellent. Their price is very good. Their quality, responsiveness, punctuality and professionalism is excellent. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
They installed the power lamps a few months ago.

06/05/2015

Eddie H.

Actually I worked on a zero dollar deal. It has been great.

Description of Work
They installed a new security system.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business! -Ben Brookhart, CEO

06/03/2015

Cynthia H.

I think they're okay. We haven't had anything for them to do as far as the alarm system or anything. The alarm system seem to work well.

Description of Work
They set-up the alarm system.

Category home security systems

Thank you for your review. I see that you are not 100% satisfied with our service. I looked at the notes on your account and don't see any comments where you have called in. Can you email me directly to let me know what we need to do to improve your level of service with us? You can email me at bbrookhart@pht.com. -Ben Brookhart, CEO

GetIT Service and Installation

**Summer Promotion: Free LED Lighting kit, when mounting 2 or more TV's** With over 10 years of experience, we specialize in TV mounting, CCTV camera installation, Video Doorbell installation, Smart Locks, home speaker installation and home automation. We believe that we should treat your home, like our own. We value our customers, and we will like your home neat and clean. We are insured and we accept payments thru Square and ANGI Pay. Contact us for your FREE estimate!!

Offers by GetIT Service and Installation on Angi
    SC.Service

Proven, practical experience for business success. Your technology, your way. These are just some of the ways I can solve your personal technology needs: - Technology Consultation and Sales - Computer Installation and Service - Wi-Fi Installation and Service - Computer Security - Computer Upgrades - Support - Data Recovery - Virus Protection - Computer Backups - eMail - Internet - Training - Home Security and Monitoring Information Technology and Service since 1985. Personally Servicing SMB since 1997. Happily Servicing Homes beginning 2022.

Safe Haven Security, Inc.

Safe Haven Security, Inc. is a local, veteran owed Home Security System expert. We specialize in residential and commercial Alarm systems, Camera systems and Medical systems. We are Veteran Owned and Operated and provide 24/7 monitoring from our 5 Star Diamond rated central station located right here in the Carolinas. We are proudly accredited with the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating. When it comes to security, leave it to the professionals. All of our systems are professionally installed. We provide a Free lifetime warranty on all of our systems. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, let our knowledge and experience work for you!

Wireless Home Security & Home Automation, Door Locks, Thermostat, & Lighting Control.