Pipetechs Plumbing

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2009

6600 Mt Herman Rd

Raleigh, NC 27617

.Pipetechs Plumbing is your complete source for all your residential and commercial plumbing needs. We have been serving our customers in Durham since 1993, providing dependable and efficient service. Our licensed plumbers have the training and tools to handle the smallest or the largest plumbing

09/09/2021

MARK B.

They did a good job, but it was much more expensive than I expected. We had leaves blocking a 25-foot downspout extension that was buried under the ground leading to a pop-up drain. I had asked in advance what it would cost for hydro-jetting, and wasn't given a price, but was just told that it would be $105 minimum if only a diagnostic visit was needed. The two guys who came did a good job, and cleared the line. They were here 35 minutes. When they finished, they told me it was $550 plus tax. They said it was the standard residential charge for hydro-jetting. I called the office and they agreed to lower it to $350 plus tax. I'm disappointed that there wasn't more up-front disclosure of the cost.

Description of Work
Clean out downspout drainage extension pipe with hydro jetting

Category irrigation systems

12/30/2017

Margaret S.

First visit took three hours and we were charged $475. Ridiculous amount of time and money for a simple job. After technician left the master bedroom toilet began to leak and water came through our ceiling into our living room. 2nd visit: Tech's supervisor came back on next visit and "fixed" our toilet. Same thing happened. 3rd through 7th visits: Supervisor's supervisor came, insisted toilet was fixed, kept trying new solutions. They started to get somewhat unpleasant, suggesting that the toilet couldn't possibly be leaking. Finally after my husband sent them video of where the water was coming from, they realized that it WAS their fault and that the toilet was overflowing because they had tried to put generic toilet parts in a TOTO toilet. This work was completed in early November. It is the end of December, and Pipetech has yet to contact us about fixing our ceiling. I would never consider hiring them again. Note: Bill was adjusted to $375.

Description of Work
Needed flappers replaced on three toilets.

03/31/2016

Bill V.

I contacted them on Saturday when I noticed the yard was soggy while mowing the lawn. I knew it was the water line as it originated directly above the line from the meter to the house. I had the city turn off the water and then found Pipetechs Plumbing on Angie's list. Pipetechs explained they couldn't dig until all the utilities were marked. So I made an appointment for Monday morning. They came first thing Monday, explained exactly what they would do, and gave me the estimate - and they called in the emergency utility markings. The utilities were marked later that day. Initially, they offered to find the leak and fix only the spot that was leaking but since I had the grey polybutl pipe - that is know to fail and is no longer used in the United States, they agreed replacing the entire line was a better approach. Pipetechs showed up Tuesday morning, dug the trench, laid the new line, and we had water working in the house by mid-afternoon. The city inspector reviewed the work the following day and Pipetechs returned to fill the trench, put down grass seed and straw on the lawn and pinestraw the garden beds. Jake explained everything they were going to do and answered all of my questions. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced the water line from the water meter into the house.

10/27/2015

Robert P.

Description of Work
Replaced main water line from the meter to under the house. |Everything went smoothly. Communications were excellent. |They gave us a quality installation.

Category irrigation systems, plumbing

06/12/2015

Elaine M.

05/06/2015

Pamela C.

They come out every year. The city requires it to be inspected once a year. The city of Durham gives you a list of approved people and I went on Angies list who was rated highly. They came on time and reduced their price. They set a time and come when they say. They leave the paper work behind and they are easy to schedule. They are reasonably priced and very reliable.

Description of Work
They do regular maintenance on our sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems, plumbing

03/11/2015

Mark C.

Description of Work
Located a leak in my main water line from the street and repaired the leak.

11/11/2014

Dan H.

If all of the sudden you find yourself with a new water feature in your front yard that you didn't have installed... chances are there's a break in your main water line leading into your home from the city hookup running under the street. We found ourselves with such a surprise. Water bubbling up through cracks in the driveway and sopping wet grass along the sides. Did some research online and via AngiesList and found PipeTechs. They apparently do all sorts of plumbing work, but they're specialists in finding and repairing leaks like this. Their tech, Andrew, was very competent and professional and, lucky us, was able to get out here the day that we called. He did a helium test which sends gas through the line from the meter to the house and a "sniffer" which detects where the gas is escaping. Lucky for us, the leak wasn't under the driveway but was under some plants near the house. (The water must have been leaking for a long time as the cracks where the water was coming up and the area of the lawn that was soggy was a good 15 to 20 feet away). The test was kind of expensive, but a helluva lot cheaper than having someone dig all over the place looking for the leak. Who'd have thought to begin looking so far away from the soggy area? I was sure it was under the driveway. Andrew found the area of the leak, dug up the plant, dug down to the main line, found the leak, repaired it and then... put all the dirt back and replanted the bed. Couldn't even tell he'd been there after he left. We're lucky the leak was under soil and not concrete. Like I said, I thought it was going to be under the driveway. Which, btw, is why I called PipeTechs. If it had been under the driveway, I think they'd have been able to run a completely new water line from the house to the street under the lawn instead of having to break up the concrete driveway (which would have been VERY expensive). Their website highlights their "trenchless" system. Thankfully, we didn't need them to do that... but that's actually the reason I made contact with them first. Prepare for the worst; be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't come to that :-)

Description of Work
Located and repaired a break in the main water line leading to our home.

09/02/2014

Joseph N.

Service was completed quickly without interruption of service to the house. I had difficulty locating a plumbing service that would handle the septic abandonment process with the city and the county, but Pipetechs handled it efficiently and affordably. One issue is that the invoice was $600 above the estimate. I was fine with the total in the end, however a deviation that large should have been brought to my attention sooner than the final bill.

Description of Work
Connected the house to city sewer tap, crushed and completed the septic abandonment.

08/08/2013

Chris M.

These guys are great, last year they replaced my hot water heater within two hours of my call on a Friday afternoon. Not only a quality installation, but the team from the folks answering the phone in the office to the technicians are wonderful to deal with, just very friendly and willing to do what is needed to get the job done. This week I had them out for some repairs on the master bath toilet and sinks. The apt was set for the time frame of 10-12 am, they showed promptly at ten and was in and out in an hour. Not only did the tech fix the toilet, he removed the tank and took it outside and scrubbed it. He was very pleasant to deal with as well as informative. This group is my go to company for pluming needs.

Description of Work
Complete Toilet repair (new guts) and sink repair, two bathroom sinks

05/17/2013

Susan U.

Our old Delta kitchen faucet finally wore out. We bought a new one and called PipeTechs for an appointment to remove the old faucet and install the new one. The receptionist seemed a bit confused, but did set us up for first call in the morning (8 am). The tech arrived promptly and completed the work in about an hour - which was his estimate for completing the work. He was pleasant, professional, and competent. He even went to the trouble of finding a coupon in his truck to give us a discount on the installation. So far, the faucet is working flawlessly. We will definitely call PipeTechs for any future plumbing work. We were very impressed.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen sink faucet.

05/15/2013

Crystal E.

Christina in the office was very helpful, ensuring the water heater was still under Manufacture warranty and if needed the parts were in stock. Andrew arrived on time, quickly confirmed the issue and replaced the gas valve and burner within few minutes. I only paid the service fee. PipeTech did all the "leg work" regarding contacting the Manufacture. I will definitely contact them again if needed or when I later install a tankless water heater.

Description of Work
Replaced the gas valve and burner on Water Heater.

Category water heater repair

01/14/2013

FRED S.

just fine

Description of Work
install toilet

01/06/2013

Wendy E.

Dale came out to give me an estimate on replacing my electric water heater with a hybrid heat pump water heater. He is very knowledgable, honest, and helpful. Unfortunately, he did not carry the brand water heater I decided to purchase. I would be very comfortable working with his company in the future.

Description of Work
Estimate to replace electric water heater with hybrid electric water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/29/2012

Nils C.

Prompt and professional attitude, obliging, helpful and courteous. The work was done within around an hour. A very slight leak appeared afterwards and I called back and it was rectified within a couple of hours.

Description of Work
Very happy with the service provided to fit two new flushmatics to a public restroom in our church building.

01/12/2012

Sharon K.

Fast, competant , flexible, and pleasant!

Description of Work
As soon as I could get hold of Pipetech on an early Monday morning after discovering the little shop of horrors, PipeTech was right out to deal with my rusty / leaking/ exploding hot water heater. They worked under very hot and humid and moldy conditions. And they got me connected with "After Disaster" (on "Angie's List"?) for the mitigation services. I was in tears when I initially saw the mess and my mood was quickly turned around. Most of the cost was the water heater, which of course was not included in the insurance. Fast, competant and pleasant!

02/28/2011

Joel D.

Our house has these polybutylene fittings on the water mains and they break. He told us that there might be a couple more that might break and to watch out for it if it happens again. We just bought the house a year ago so we are not quite sure how many there are. He took care of the problem immediately and gave us advice on what to watch out for in the future. We liked them. The guy doesn't try to tell you that you have got to replace the whole line or suffer with what is going to happen. He was pretty competent and came out and did his work. He was out there in the bitter cold and didn't complain. He struggled with the dog. He did his job pretty efficiently and pretty quickly. He checked a problem in the main inside the house and didn't charge me. He was very considerate and very careful. He was very good at what he did. The pipe broke right under a tree that we have and I was afraid of the roots so he was careful about the roots. He had a shovel and had to dig it up by hand. It's only a foot below the ground. He had the chance to say that the whole thing had to be done and he said not yet. The price was in the same range as the others I talked to. He was there in 15 or 20 minutes. He was very punctual. He actually beat me back home. He was very professional.

Description of Work
PipeTechs Plumbing Technologies repaired a pipe leak we had recently. We had a fitting in the main water line that runs from the meter to the house break at our front yard and it was gushing water. They came out and replaced the fitting.

01/01/2011

Kevin J.

Dale was very helpful in answering my questions and providing a quote based on the assumption that other neighbors in my subdivision would also used his services as we all needed to transition to City utilities. Susan made sure the permit was processed in a timely manner. The workers on site were polite, answered my questions, cleaned up the site, and kept me informed when it was time to cut-over the water & sewer.

Description of Work
New PVC Sanitary Sewer line from house to city-provided tap. New Water line from house to meter. New expansion tank for water line. Obtain permit and water meter from the Town. Smooth back dirt, put down seed and straw.

12/14/2010

Jon S.

They did a good job. We were happy with them. They charged what they said they would charge. They did not do more than what we asked them to do. I would definitely use them again in the future. Only one man came. He gave a free estimate and then stuck to that estimate. I would rate them high overall. The people in their office were courteous as well. I did not have any problem.

Description of Work
We used PipeTechs Plumbing Technologies six weeks ago. We did not have running water in the bathroom sink and they had to add some new pipe to get the water as it is an old house.

10/12/2010

Gerald W.

Told me (Wednesday) it would take a couple of days for them to have the utilities marked (Friday) before they could dig. Began work Monday morning and completed the work by evening. Backfilled the trench after the town inspected the work on Tuesday. Laid down straw and seeded the trench area.

Description of Work
Replaced main sewer line from house to the street. Brought everything up to present code. Also replaced water line putting a shut off at the house and pressure regulator. The price was better than one contractor that who didn't include as much work and a little more than another contractor that I felt wasn't as professional.

09/25/2010

DENISE T.

I contacted PipeTechs through their website to inquire about having our septic tank pumped. They responded within 24 hours thanking me for contacting them and relating that that they do not do septic tank pumping, but they could provide referrals to two companies that they use, which they did. I contacted one of the two companies and was satisfied with the result.

Description of Work
No service performed

02/06/2010

Stephanie D.

My septic tanks failed and I needed to decide whether to invest in a 25-yo septic system or hook up to city sewer. Naturally my preference was sewer, but I'd had quotes between $7k - $11k. When Dale looked at my septic, he was quick with a quote and offered (yes, simply offered) to bring me a temporary pump while I was waiting for the work to be completed. The simple kindness and common sense was almost overwhelming after getting high quotes from 3 other companies. When I had questions about what I needed to do with the City, Dale whipped out his nextel and beeped into his city contact's office, and had everything worked out before he left my property. He was knowledgeable AND willing to brainstorm with me about where to lay the pipe; this had a huge affect on price and convenience, because I have a wooded lot and a creek they had to pipe over. We worked out a clear path straight down the driveway, which avoided trees and took advantage of existing bridgeworks. I can't say enough good things about this company. I highly recommend anyone to use them for all their piping and plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Installed temporary septic pump, coordinated with City for hooking into the sewer, dug trenches and laid out hundreds of feet of sewer pipe, refilled the trenches, re-gravelled the driveway and re-seeded the lawn. Not only was this the least expensive quote, it was the BEST customer service. Dale had offered (without my asking) to come by over the weekend and install a temporaey pump so I could flush and shower over the weekend. I work from home and was concerned about how long I'd not be able to flush--I didn't have 5 minutes of down time. They were great guys, very nice and extremely efficient. The boss, Dale, came out regularly to check on progress.

Category plumbing, septic tank, wells, sewer cleaning

Shamrock Waterproofing

Serving the Triangle area since 1992 Licensed and Insured. Residential and Commercial. Lowest Price Guaranteed. Interior and Exterior Systems. Lifetime Warranty FREE ESTIMATES

Grey Land Specialist

Providing quality dirt work to Raleigh and the surrounding areas. With over 7 years of experience in the industry. You can rest assured, that the job will be done correctly. greylandspecialist.com

2022 Super Service Award

Hutchins Landscape & Lawn Maintenance LLC

We are small business. We have been servicing the Triangle for many years. We offer reasonable prices, and phenomenal results. We know that details matter. We can help you get the landscape and lawn you've always dreamed of!

Offers Coupon

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Smoke Leak Locating, In-Line Video Pipe Inspection, Water & Sewer Excavation, Helium Leak Detection, Hydrojetting, Root Cutting, Plumbing Repair, Backflow Testing & Certification, Drain Cleaning, Rapid Response, Burst Pipe Repair, Water Leak Detection, Boiler Repairs, Sewer line & Trenchless Sewer Repairs, Repiping, Garbage Disposals, Bathroom Remodeling, Clogged Toilet Repairs, Sump Pumps, Septic Tank Plumbing, Slab Leak Repairs, Water Filtration Systems, Restaurants plumbing services