ONOFRIO CONSTRUCTION INC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

8804 Gulf Courtt Ste I

Raleigh, NC 27617

Onofrio Construction, Inc. is a full service professional construction company that has been satisfying Customers since 2001. We have built a solid reputation on quality workmanship, excellence and integrity. We offer interior and exterior services for commercial, multi-family, and residential in

06/14/2019

ANN Q.

If your community HOA is going to contract with Onofrio, my neighbors and I would recommend that you oppose it. Onofrio subcontracted the roof replacement with an incompetent bunch of roofers. There were very slow, put the wrong vents on the dryer exit vent pipes, and pulled exhaust vent pipes from gas furnaces and dryers. Some of my neighbors had leaks which were not there previously and wood floors were damaged. Onofrio was very slow if at all to respond to requests to fix. It took longer than 3 weeks before I got a response on the dryer vent, The person they sent out first (who was an Onofrio employee) to replace the wrong dryer vent exit argued with me that I was wrong. When I finally showed him from inside the attic that I indeed knew what I was talking about, his response was just "oh". At least the second person they sent out (who wasn't an Onofrio employee) did a standup job on the vent exit replacement and repairing where the exhaust pipe had be pulled out. I've made sure to tell everyone that I know not to use Onforio.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

07/19/2017

Mary D.

The gentleman who answered the phone was polite, direct, and honest. He let me know that they're in their busiest time of year & would not be able to send an estimator for 2-3 weeks. While this doesn't work for our timeline, I appreciate that he didn't waste our time by promising more than they could deliver. I'll consider calling them again for future needs.

Description of Work
misc handyman services at a commercial office

05/09/2017

Jean E.

A request was sent on 5/2/17 inquiring if they would be able and interested in doing repair work for me. To date I have not heard back from them. Very unprofessional in my opinion, which means it's highly unlikely I would ever approach them for work again.

Description of Work
Repair minor subfloor damage and replace band board by back door.

10/05/2016

Kenneth A.

N/A Did not use this company

Description of Work
I didn't have any work done by this company. I use my nephew, he does the same work as this company.

Category contractors

06/28/2015

Rebecca B.

Only one very obvious splitting board was replaced. Railings that were unstable were not replaced. Places that were splintered were left. Pickets were left unattached. Staining was uneven and the top board of the privacy fence was not cleared of bird droppings or stained. I called the owner back out to review and he agreed more work needed to be done. Two guys came out with a nail guy and attempted to secure the loose railings. I had to go out and make suggestions as to how best to angle the gun. No wood was replaced or resurfaced. The top of the privacy fence visible from my loft was still incomplete. The workers did not use a ladder but attempted to reach the area with a spray gun. I took the recommendation of my HOA manager as well as the townhouse neighborhood near me. With two trips I still have a lousy splintered deck and am out $1000.

Description of Work
I contracted with the rep to make repairs which would bring the deck "up to code for the upcoming sale of the home." Then pressure wash and stain.

Category decks, fencing, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing

12/30/2014

Rosalie R.

This was the best yet of the special construction offers I've used. The person who came was energetic, careful, enthusiastic, and capable. I will look him up the next time I need something done.

Description of Work
touched up deck and steps painting, fixed steps in garage, reattached items in garage that had become unattached

Category handyman service, house painters

12/20/2014

Joanne B.

fantastic, better than it was before it was broken. This guy was amazing and respectful, kind, immaculate with respect to keeping the area clean, etc. Will call again! and again!

Description of Work
rehung (repaired) louver doors in laundry area; replaced door handle on screen door in kitchen

Category handyman service, doors

08/24/2014

Loreen V.

Handyman did what was needed to be done per request in a quick, efficient manner.

Description of Work
3 hours handyman.

08/24/2014

Pam B.

na

Description of Work
did not use, they don't build or put together bookcases.

08/13/2014

Timothy S.

Took a little more than the 3 hours, but reasonable that did so. Professional job

Description of Work
Fixed chain link fence. Fixed outlet. Fixed garbage disposer

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service

08/13/2014

Amy H.

Went well. He did a nice and neat job and cleaned up behind himself.

Description of Work
He was there to install a bathroom fan and was willing to add a couple of other things that I asked of him while he was there. Very nice of him to add to his workload.

Category electrician, handyman service

07/30/2014

Rex P.

Description of Work
Had some wood rot repair and re-flashing done to prevent future water leakage/damage. Did a quality job and performed according to bid specs.

Category contractors, handyman service, roofing

07/28/2014

Laura P.

Description of Work
3 hours handy man. He hung a ceiling fan and removed a ramp that we had attached to the house and patio.

Category electrician, handyman service

07/25/2014

Mickey O.

I purchased 3 hours of handy man services as an Angie's big deal. Onofrio Construction provided the service. Two men arrived on time, and repaired a hole in the wall, one in the ceiling due to plumbing issues, and reattached a curtain bracket which had pulled out from the wall. The sheet rock repaired included painting the ceiling and the wall. They did a good job and did it within one and half hours. The only additional charges I had to pay was $25 for materials that included mud/putty, paint, etc. Onofrio Construction did a good job at a reasonable price. Their employees were professionals. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired a holes in wall, a hole in the ceiling, and reattached curtain rod

07/23/2014

Cawelti C.

It was fine. My husband dealt with them. They got it done quickly and in the time frame they said. In the beginning it was difficult to schedule. We were stood up once with no phone call.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for three hours of handyman services. They replaced a couple of 2x4s on the railings of our deck.

Category deck cleaning

07/09/2014

Ashok N.

Cesar arrived right on time. He worked very diligently for the entire 3 hours of time we paid for with our Angie's List Big Deal. He was careful and courteous and didn't leave a mess. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Mounted 5 bike racks, fixed a leaky toilet, and replaced a broken toilet paper dispenser

06/30/2014

Wanda B.

EXTREMELY disappointing! I used this promotion to schedule one of Onofrio's workers to take down the drywall (and hopefully the framing) in the wall between my basement laundry and adjoining bath and an intersecting closet. I wanted the plumbing and electrical exposed in advance of a 2:00 appointment with Onofrio's estimator (Claudio) later the same day. The estimate would have been for reconfiguring these 3 areas into one large bath. When the worker arrived, I was on the phone. He went into the bathroom and laundry room and started taking picture (which I thought was odd), but I thought maybe he was taking before-and-after shots. After he was done, I started to go over with him the work that needed to be done. But before I started, he gestured toward the bathroom and said something that wasn't clear to me, but he ended by saying I needed to call Onofrio's office but he gave no explanation as to why although it seemed he had some kind of problem with the work. So I asked him for Onofrio's phone number and he said he didn't have it. That was frustrating because now in order to call and find out what was going on, I had to go find the number and time was ticking away on my 3-hour Angie's List Deal. So before looking for a phone number, I tried to get some understanding of what the problem was so I started showing/telling him the work to be done. In the bathroom I showed him the drywall that he needed to take down. He smiled when I mentioned taking down the drywall like he was "pleased" about doing that. But when we walked into the laundry room and the worker pointed to the wall (to be taken down) he said a few words about the plumbing pipes and electric wires in the wall. I gathered he had an issue with taking down the framing around the pipes and wires, so I told him to just take down the drywall. He didn't say anything. We walked out of the laundry room and again without saying anything to me the worker walked out of the back door. Since he didn't say anything and had told me to call the office, I thought he was leaving. So I closed and locked the back door and went upstairs to look for Onofrio's number. I called the office immediately and spoke to Morgan the dispatcher to find out why the worker didn't want to do the work. She said she would call me back. After an hour I had not received a call back. So I called twice and got voicemail both time. Three hours later I received a call from a man Mr Onofrio(?) who said the worker said (1) I was mad, and (2) I told him I didn't want him to do the work and (3) that I locked him out! To be clear, yes I was frustrated that the worker wasn't telling me what the problem was or why I had to call the office. So I'm sure the frustration showed on my face. After all, time was passing on my 3-hour Angie's List Deal and no work was being done and I didn't know why! But I was not rude to the worker in any way. He didn't say anything after we came out of the laundry room to suggest he was now agreeing to do the work. He didn't say anything at all, he just went out of the door. So I thought he just left. That's the only reason I locked the door since I was going back upstairs. All he had to do was ring the doorbell next to the door and I would have gladly let him in since I'm anxious to have this work done. Since clearly English is not the worker's first language, I can chalk some of this confusion up to language and cultural differences. But the most upsetting part was the call from the gentleman in the office who was quite unpleasant. The possibility of this being a communication issue with his worker did not seem to be a consideration. Instead told me "he didn't know me from a hole in the wall" and I should get my money back from Angie's list.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category handyman service

Our technician was asked to demo some walls for this customer and he had some concerns about them being load bearing and if they could safely be removed. When he started taking measurements and photos the customer began telling him to hurry up and start. He stepped outside to try and talk to us in the office without interruption and the customer locked him out of the house. I told him to leave the location at that point. When I called the customer on the phone I informed her that our technicians do not deserve to be treated in this fashion and asked her to go through Angie's List to get a refund because we would not be returning to work for her.

06/28/2014

Tracy A.

I was very pleased with his service. It was three hours of handyman work for $99. If he was not done within two hours I would have asked him to do something else but I was just so pleased with it. The service was very professional. I offered our ladder just to make the job easier for him but he said no and he actually has ceiling paint. When we put the light fixture down and the ceiling fan up there were still a ring left from the beige original color because the fan is smaller than the original light that was up there. He was able to touch the paint up; I didn't have any so I was happy he has that. He was awesome all around.

Description of Work
I used the big deal of Onofrio Constuction. He came in and installed three ceiling fans for me.

06/19/2014

Martha D.

It went great. The guy who came (whose name I have already forgotten) was very nice, polite and clean. He did a great job with everything-seemed to really know what he was doing. I plan to have them come and install handicapped rails in my mom's condo next.

Description of Work
This was the $99 for 3 hours special. It was basically a "honeydo" list of hanging large and heavy items on walls and on the side of the house. He also went around and secured all of the loose boards in my fence and replaced an outdoor light.

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, lighting

06/14/2014

Rea M.

Caesar arrived on time and fixed the shed door in less than one hour - impressive as it required removal and shaving to fit. He immediately began work on my secondary project and to my surprise and delight, completed it within the alloted timeframe (and it looks wonderful!). I could not be happier with my experience and should also note that both Caesar and Morgan (office contact) were SO pleasant to work with. An A+ all around.

Description of Work
Fixed shed door to allow for proper closing. Installed new exterior door leading from house to garage.

06/11/2014

Marian M.

They were absolutely great, on time, diligent in their work, and very knowledgeable. They achieved all my expectations within the time span.

Description of Work
$99 for Three Hours of Handyman Service

06/09/2014

Jamie S.

A+++ This company was great to work with. They have a live call center so it is easy to get a hold of a real person in an office environment. They workers showed up on time and after a quick briefing of what needed to be done they got to work. They were quick and thorough with no standing around. Hard workers. Our team lead was Kirk. I would absolutely use this company again!

Description of Work
We had a pipe burst in our wall and needed insulation replaced, drywall completed, and cabinets reinstalled. We had extra time so we also had them put finishing crown on the cabinets and at the ceilings.

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation

12/17/2013

Erin F.

Andy and his crew are professional, friendly, and efficient. Both jobs went very well and we are extremely happy with the quality of work done.

Description of Work
We have used Onofrio Construction for two large home projects. The first was installing a french drain out side, adding a water barrier paint to our foundation, installing a water vapor barrier in our crawl space and insulating our crawl space. The second job was replacing all soffeting and flashing along our roof line.

Category handyman service, roofing, drain pipe

06/14/2012

Steve M.

Overall my experience was good. They coordinated entry to the unit with the tenant and kept me informed all the way.

Description of Work
On this occasion I used Onofrio to replace a kitchen faucet in a rental unit. I contacted them late on a Friday. Since it was not an emergency, they came out on Monday. I am an out of town landlord and the associate called to describe the problem, what it would take to fix it, got my permission and did the repair. He called upon completion and gave me the price. They billed me electronically. This was one of several small repairs they've done for me. From water heaters, to clogged drain pipes, to electrical issues, they can do most.I have not been dissatisfied yet.Steve

11/24/2010

John H.

I was very pleased with the work done. The trim boards were installed and caulked smoothly and the painted to match the existing trim. All work was done on the day they promised to complete the work. Everything was cleaned and left neat. I had contacted 4 different contractors, but only two gave estimates. The other estimate was slightly more expensive, and did not include painting the trim boards.

Description of Work
Several trim boards and molding on a dormer needed to be replaced. The dormer is approximately 2.5 stories high on a very steep pitched roof. The existing wooden trim boards were replaced with PVC trim boards (as requested), caulked, and painted to match existing trim colors.

Category handyman service, remodeling, roofing