Miller & Miller Electric Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2007

Raleigh

Raleigh, NC 27613

Miller & Miller Electric provides high-quality residential electrical services to homeowners in Raleigh, Cary, Durham (parts of) and some surrounding areas. Miller and Miller Electric holds a NC ”Unlimited” Electrical License, check us out at the NC Board of Electrical Contractors at

10/05/2020

Carol S.

Carl was excellent, as always! We have used Miller & Miller’s electric services for years, and they have consistently exceeded expectations. One time Dale (the owner) even helped us avoid a service charge by walking us through the problem resolution over the phone. Carl has been to our house for a number of projects, and he’s always thorough, professional, prompt and neat, making sure all materials are taken away.

Description of Work
Replaced two smoke detectors, replaced doorbell transformer, installed new switch for ceiling fan to allow variable speeds, added recessed can at bottom of stairs

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. Your kind review means the world to us as a company and to Carl, a Master Electrician! We put our best foot forward every day for our customers and we are always humbled that great customers like yourself take the time to rate us. We are always available to help over the phone or just answer questions or concerns. Thank you again, [Member Name Removed]!

06/19/2020

James F.

Everything but the motion lighting was complete and done very well. Initial motion lighting plan was not affordable. Called service provider back and new plan established. We were pushed back 2-weeks due to rain. Second time, we were pushed back another two weeks when forecast indicated rain. We’re now on a cancellation list. They are small co. that does good work, but difficult to schedule.

Description of Work
Retrofit 2 can lights with LED kits, replace vanity lights, replace two wall switches, add motion lights to pool area.

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

I wish I had a magic wand and was capable of predicting the weather, I sure wouldn't be in the electrical business! We did the very best we could in spite of the forecast. We had spoken to you and told you we would try to work you in if the weather cooperated and we were about to until you decided you couldn't wait. I'm sorry you feel that you were not a priority but electricity and water just don't mix.

11/20/2019

LARRY B.

In comparing high-skill providers, the most precious quality for the homeowner is not price, it’s trust. I needed to get a ceiling fan working again. Carl examined the components thoroughly but quickly, and diagnosed a faulty receiver. I suggested we get a replacement receiver that he could install another time. That would have cost me for a second service call, so instead, Carl decided to go to nearby Home Depot and pick up the part. By no coincidence, he got what was needed and put everything back together in working order, all in exactly one hour from the time he first arrived. Miller & Miller is not only honest and skillful, but considerate of the customer. What more could anyone want?

Description of Work
Repair ceiling fan, install dimmer.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for taking the time to review us on so many platforms. It is our goal to provide each and every customer with exceptional electrical service as well as customer service. The above review proves that we do just that! Thank you and just know we appreciate your business.

09/13/2019

Frank S.

Variable speed fan switch was replaced. Interference not eliminated but problems exists with either fan or television. Assured not a hazard.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot electric switches to fan, light, and overhead lights.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for the great review, your business is important to us and we look forward to working with you again.

09/10/2019

David P.

They were able to take care of the smaller jobs that day. We needed an estimate for replacing our old fuse boxes and haven't heard back. The experience was good, though, so we are planning to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
wire recessed ceiling lights, add new light switches, fix an outlet

08/28/2019

Shawn H.

So, Miller and Miller came out yesterday. It was $159 for the hour. Carl was the technician and Dale stopped by as well. Carl did an excellent job. He was professional, polite, and knew what he was doing. He fixed our main problem and then was able to fix an additional lighting issue within the same hour. I would highly recommend them, and we will use them again next time we have an electrical issue.

Description of Work
A few outdoor lights stopped working.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the nice words. These reviews are extremely important to us and we always appreciate our customers taking the time to review us. We look forward to working with you on a future project.

07/19/2019

Damian G.

Really great service - thank you. I was given an appointment for the day after I called Carl called 30 minutes before the appointment, was right on time - very courteous and professional, great service.

Description of Work
Needed two faulty light fixtures replaced

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your great review, these reviews mean a lot to not only our company but to our Tech's. We look forward to working with you again and we thank you for your business.

04/09/2019

Julie P.

Job was done very well. installation took about the time expected. the tech was able to tie into existing wiring. tested unit with me and work came within quote/budget. the only complaint I have is the tech did not clean up the ground of the trash/debris. However, I would use again!

Description of Work
Add new LED motion light outside of porch. replace another existing flood light with LED Motion light also.

Category lighting, outdoor lighting

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. These reviews are very important to us. We strive to be the best in the business and leaving debris is not how we do business. I have spoken to the Tech and I feel that he just simply forgot to pick up. We apologize and appreciate that you pointed it out to us so that this is something that doesn't happen in the future. Tjese reviews are our best report card and we thank you!

04/04/2019

Michael F.

Excellent, tech analyzed situation and cam up with creative solution that accomplished the task with minimal impact on house, convenient remedy and access to wiring should any problems occur down the road. Professional and competent.

Description of Work
Hard wire external awnings into house so cords not all over deck and plugged into external outlet

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We enjoyed working with you and look forward to future projects with you.

03/27/2019

Stephanie B.

Very professional. Carl was great. Personable and pleasant to deal with. Worked through the problem and found a couple more issues along the way that were fixed as well. Not the cheapest but very upfront with pricing. No surprises. I would use them again if I needed more work done.

Description of Work
We lost power to a bunch of outlets in the house and one outside.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We are very transparent when it comes to pricing and apologize if somehow it wasn't clear. We are different from most companies like ours as we only employ master electricians and they demand a much higher wage. We also feel that the value-added service that we provide is more than worth the costs. In this industry you really do get what you pay for. As for the punctuality, unfortunatly, we try very hard to meet our clients timeframes; however, as a service provider we often times run over on the times we have allotted for jobs. We strive to do better than 8-12 or 12-5 but it often times would be better if we did. We hope this does not prevent you from using our service in the future, we appreciate your business and your feedback.

03/22/2019

Philip A.

We are very grateful for the work done by Carl. He installed a new fan motor in our attic, and repaired several suspect DIY jobs bringing them up to code. He was very professional, and on time. We will definitly hire Miller and Miller again for any electrical work, as well as highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Attic fan replacement and repairing to code past DIY junction box wiring.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review, we always enjoy working with you and look forward to future projects.

03/11/2019

Elizabeth H.

I have used Miller & Miller Electric twice with very satisfactory experiences each time. Most recently, Dale was wonderful in responding to our need for prompt electrical attention. They worked us into a busy week to make sure that our electrical issue was dealt with and safe to be around. He addressed the issue in a little over an hour, which also fixed two other issues on the same circuit. He was patient to also educate me as a homeowner so I understood how to avoid having a similar issue happen again. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Electrical issues that needing prompt attention

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your stellar review of Miller and Miller. We are thankful that it was a pretty simple problem and that we were able to get to you quickly. We look forward to working with you on future projects. We appreciate your repeat business.

12/24/2018

Ken G.

Outstanding; there was a delay due to another customer’s emergency but once on-site, excellent person, price, professionalism. Am about to have additional work done and will hire Miller & Miller again.

Description of Work
Install fan, new switches and outlet

Category electrician

Thank you for [Member Information Removed] kind review, it is always a pleasure working with you. We apologize about [Member Information Removed] punctuality; however, we do our best and try to give close times instead of 8-12 or 12-5, but it doesn't always work. Again, we do apologize.

12/06/2018

Richard C.

Miller & Miller were very responsive and completed work to bring our porch up to current code. Great communication. Perfect work.

Description of Work
Revamp Electrical on screened in porch

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for the great review, we enjoyed the project and very much enjoyed working with you.

11/02/2018

Ian S.

Carl did a great job to understand what we needed, and installed a ceiling fixture in a room that didn't have one. He wired the existing switch (that controlled power to two outlets) for the new ceiling fixture, and modified the outlets to be regular powered (ie, not by switch). He was clear tht he would need to cut holes in the ceiling to run the wires and the box, so there were no surprises. I will have those repaired in conjunction with some other work I am having done soon in the house. This is my second time using Miller & Miller and I will call again for electrical work.

Description of Work
install fixture in ceiling for light/fan

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again soon.

10/26/2018

Carey B.

As always it was a pleasure doing business with Miller & Miller Electric. We had them install Leviton HomeKit smart switches, move the dimmer replaced by a smart switch to another location and troubleshoot a garage outlet that no longer worked. The electrician also fixed the crawl space light fixture. The electrician expeditiously solved the garage outlet issue (faulty breaker). The smart switch set up required the HomeKit dimmer switch and two remote digital dimmers to be installed. The instructions were not clear and required contacting Leviton to ensure the dimmer switches can be used in this configuration. One remote dimmer was troublesome but he identified the problem and resolved the issue. Despite the issues with the smart dimmer, all work was complete in 3.5 hours (outlet troubleshooting, smart dimmer with 2 remote switches, 2 individual smart dimmers, moving another outlet, and repairing the crawl-space fixture). While I had hoped that all items could be addressed quickly, the smart dimmer for the foyer took longer than expected. However, the installation was too complex for me to do it, so the cost was worth it. We have been and continue to be very satisfied with the dedication, high quality workmanship and professionalism of everyone at Miller & Miller Electric. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install smart dimmer switches, move existing dimmer, replace breaker, and fix crawl space light fixture.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We always enjoy working with you. We are certain to share this review with Carl, these reviews are very important to us. We look forward to your next project. Thank you again!

10/24/2018

Marion P.

Mr. Miller was very professional, prompt and helpful. He did a thorough job and has double checked on the one problem that we had. This was a problem with the product. He went the extra miles to contact not only his distributor, but the actual maker of the light. This is still pending but I am not at all concerned because I know he will take care of it. I have already hired him for another job.

Description of Work
Lighting in kitchen, exhaust fans in bathrooms & lighting in bathroom

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to give our customers the best possible experience from beginning to end. We appreciate your patience while we are working diligently with our supplier and the manufacture to rectify color output issue. We will bring the factory Rep in on Friday to assess. Rest assure that if we cannot get the issue corrected with the fixture in question, we will replace all of the fixtures, at no cost to you. Thank you again, we have enjoyed working with you.

09/21/2018

Aaron W.

Installation was great and clean. Customer service was unprofessional.

Description of Work
Interior Fixtures Work.

Category electrician

We actually don't know how to respond. We have worked with you since May on 3 separate jobs and it didn't appear that customer service was a problem. On the last job we uncovered a potential fire hazard in your counter top circuit and repaired it, without damage to your walls. When we tried to collect you felt it was necessary to search the internet for national averages for electricians. After nearly 3 weeks you decided to make us an offer by discounting our prices. However, at no time was anyone rude to you. We have built our business on excellent technical and customer service, you received both. My recommendation to you would be to stop and think about how this affects businesses and relationships because you were referred to us by a highly reputable company. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

08/24/2018

Clegg B.

I would highly recommend Miller and Miller Electric. Carl showed up on time and quickly found the issue with wiring harness supporting front porch and garage lights. Carl took the time to walk me the trouble shooting efforts and showed me the issue within 10 to 15 minutes. Carl demonstrated great customer service skills and I will definitely use their services for any future needs.

Description of Work
Fixed wiring for front porch and garage lights

Category electrician

Thank you [Member Name Removed], you were a joy to work with. Just know if you ever have a question we are more than happy to answer them. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

07/19/2018

Matt A.

Carl was on time, very professional, informative, and efficient with his time. The job was also finished 2 hours earlier than expected. I will definitely use these guys again.

Description of Work
Added 3 electrical circuits between my kitchen and bathroom

Category electrician

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you. These reviews are very important to us, it is our report card. I will be sure to share this with Carl. We look forward to working with you again. Thank you again for taking the time to write this.

06/01/2018

Paul Z.

Perfect. The technician (Carl) was both courteous and professional. He arrived on time, asked me a couple of questions, told me what his plan was, and finished up within one hour, including clean up. Well done!

Description of Work
Add a switched line so that a ceiling fan can be operated independently of can lights.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for the great review. A review from a satisfied customer like yourself is what helps with our internal report card. We appreciate your business and look forward to a lasting relationship.

05/10/2018

Vanya W.

Cowards who are leaving me in the lurch. I am a tenant living in a house that is so dangerous that the Tech whom I hired to come out and inspect was scared of the wiring here. I spent two hours following the Tech around, while he found danger after danger. When the tech told his boss back at the office, the boss called claiming he was “too busy” to write the report I paid over $300 for. Thought I offered to double that amount, this company refused to even give me an inspection report saying writing the report was not worth their time. They don’t care about my children being trapped here. These people are IRRESPONSIBLE COWARDS who will waste your time.

Description of Work
Electrical inspection

Category electrician

You are correct our Tech did do a minor check of your electrical system and did find some issues; however, the issue is you don't own the home, you are a tenant and the issues are between you and your landlord. We called you to discuss the inspection with you and told you that we were not charging you for our service ( we destroyed the check) the reason being is that the housing authority and the City of Raleigh had already blessed the house (according to you) and that your sole mission is to go to court to sue the landlord. We feel your pain; however, your recourse is not with us or any other electrical contractor, it is with the homeowner and a lawyer if you feel you are being wronged. We are sorry you feel this way about our service but you gained valuable information from us and we didn't charge you for it. We are a professional company and cannot get in the middle of tenant/landlord disputes. This review was totally not needed, there is no need to destroy a perfect reputation of a company that did everything that they could have done to help you out. By your own admission we are not the first contractor that you have tried to get to create documents for your legal suit.

05/07/2018

Cesar J.

Carl came by our house and assessed the issues and resolved them successfully. We had a great customer experience throughout the repairs.

Description of Work
Repair multiple electrical issues

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time it takes to write these. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. We are never too busy for questions or your referrals. Thank you again.

04/28/2018

Carol J.

This was the second time I used them. This time they removed existing ceiling fan and installed a ceiling new fan on the high sloped ceiling in my living room. The were on time and very professional. There were no issues and the ceiling fan works great.

Description of Work
Removed and Install ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you for the great review. You have been a pleasure to work with and we look forward to working with you again. Thanks again.

04/17/2018

Alex M.

Dale responded to my email contact at the weekend, and was able to quote for the job over the phone. The work was scheduled for the following day. Joe called ahead and showed up at the agreed time, discussed the work and made sure he understood what we wanted. He did the work cleanly and quietly, and was able to reduce the cost by reusing an existing, unused line. At the end of the job he went over what he'd done and provided some advice on identifying problems in the outdoor circuit. It took less than 48 hours from initial contact to completion of the job. I am very happy with the work and will use this company again for future electrical needs.

Description of Work
Ran a 240v line in crawl space & fixed circuit where breaker wouldn't reset

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy that Joe was able to find an easier way to do you project, saving him time and you money, win-win! We look forward to many more years of working with you. Thank you again, these reviews mean the world to us!

Holland's Hardscapes

*****We are currently taking INSTALL projects. We are not taking any small repairs or anything less than 200sqft at this time. PLEASE visit our website to request an estimate. WWW.HOLLANDSHARDSCAPES.COM***** Holland's Hardscapes was created by Steven & Shannon Holland with the mission to provide their clients with the highest quality hardscape construction through knowledge and experience. They love the unique challenge that comes with each residential hardscape project and thrive on making the vision a reality! We are a company that can provide many different services to complete and put together a unique hardscape project. We offer full Landscape Designs, Retaining and Sitting Walls, Firepits and Fireplaces, Paver patios and Stamped concrete, Landscape lighting, and more. Steven has worked in this field for over 12 years and has great experience to help accomplish our customers goals. All of our projects are designed by Steven while incorporating the ideas our customers may have. We work closely with our customers to bring in all aspects of the outdoor living area they are looking for. We understand it is an exciting project for our Homeowners and we are just as excited to create their outdoor dream for them!

2022 Super Service Award

Gardens of the Carolinas

We are a family owned, residential design/build landscaping firm that has been serving the triangle since 1981.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Gardens of the Carolinas on Angi
    Outdoor Lighting Perspectives - Raleigh

It’s one thing to say “The Night Is Ours.” It’s far more convincing to hear what our customers are saying about us. At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re proud of our success in achieving customer satisfaction and honored to be considered a Best in Class company in the outdoor lighting industry. We’d like to share a few of the many testimonials we’ve received from delighted customers. Nothing would please us more than having you included in this very satisfied group.

24858U
    Raleigh, NC
    NEC
    07/22/2020

Electrical, including lighting layout & upgrades, home inspection items, limited aluminum wiring repairs, appliance circuits, ceiling fan installation, hot tubs, floor receptacles, outdoor structures & small additions, specializing in lighting design & kitchen upgrades. Green Lighting and LED Lighting.

Complete new home wiring, whole house generator hook ups, appliance repair, security systems.