We accept remote payment

Matrix Painting Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since May 2011

4608 Rockwood Dr

Raleigh, NC 27612

We are a local painting contractor company serving the triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Garner, Knightdale, Wake Forest, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs). We specialize in Interior/Exterior Painting, Deck Restoration, Carpentry/Drywall Repair, Wallpaper/Popcorn Ceiling Removal,

07/16/2022

Michael T.

I would highly recommend the Matrix team. Everyone was professional from start to finish. One of the reasons I chose Matrix was the quality of the paint utilized and the methods of application. We are highly pleased with the end result and would recommend to anyone looking for house painting.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Category contractors

07/06/2022

michael K.

Matrix Painting did a fantastic job. They did everything they promised - painting the siding and trim of the house, the front door, gutters and downspouts, lamps, railings, and decking supports. It looks beautiful and our neighbors love it too! We especially want to thank Umberto and Emilio for their professionalism, cleanliness, and responsiveness. We can't recommend Matrix highly enough!

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house, shed, and deck

12/06/2021

Patty J.

Outstanding on every front. Job completed in 3.5 days as promised, the baseboards painted thru the entire house look terrific, all 3 rooms had a different color and Selena the team lead and crew were meticulous in all of the work they did. The fixes that were needed after a previous contractor painted (terribly) after popcorn removal were fixed with all the attention to detail required. We will use Matrix Painting again to remove master bedroom popcorn ceiling and to power wash and stain our deck. Ryan's bid wasn't the cheapest of the 4 estimates we received, but the work done was exceptional. Very professional, responsive and respectful of our home . Really glad we found Matrix/Ryan and his team!

Description of Work
Painted 3 rooms (master, spare & home office), 5 inch baseboards installed prior to this project, they needed painting, trim around doors in each room and extensive drywall where a water access door was. Ceiling and wall fixes in our recently renovated kitchen/living room Ryan's team basically fixed the job that the previous contractor messed up.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

11/07/2021

Anthony S.

Ryan was great from the beginning. He was communicative, professional, and did was he said he would. And his prices was far better than other quotes. He also was very good about working with my schedule when coordinating multiple contractors. A+

Description of Work
Paint walls and ceilings

10/25/2021

Wanda J.

I was really pleased with the work done by Matrix. Ryan and Humberto were a pleasure to work with and just amazingly responsive. Our house and wooden fence needed multiple repairs and then paint. It was nice to have a responsible team on site to take care of it all at one time. I definitely recommend Matrix and plan to use the company again in the future for the interior.

Description of Work
Exterior repairs and trim painting

Category contractors, house painters

12/24/2020

Felishia H.

We scheduled a time for a quote. Ryan showed up the day of the quote and was prompt and professional. The price was in the midrange of the other quotes I received but it was more than fair. This was still in the midst of the pandemic and everyone and their mother was doing home projects so they were a little backed up but we were able to decide on a date that worked for both of us. The paint crew showed up promptly and was professional and courteous and followed/utilized all possible Covid safety precautions . I had several rooms painted so it took a few days as it had been a while since I last painted so it required a fair bit of prep work. There were a few things here and there that I requested they give a little more attention to but nothing out of the ordinary for a paint job. Ryan came on the last day of the job to make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. They did a great job! I was very satisfied and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

10/22/2020

James M.

Excellent. We are very pleased with the outcome, quality, time frame, price, etc.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

10/22/2020

Christopher P.

This review is based on my experience with the owner Ryan Critoria. My wife and I just bought our first home and were looking to get the house painted. We scheduled an appointment with Ryan to get a quote for paint services. We had already gotten a few other quotes from other paint companies that were dramatically cheaper, but Ryan seemed very professional and made us feel like we would be getting the best possible paint service in the area. We booked with Ryan feeling like we were going in the right direction to get our Kitchen and Bedroom painted in our first home. The paint crew was fine but some things didn’t seem like they were done correctly in my kitchen. The job seemed rushed and it was. I called Ryan and asked him if he could come out to take a look at the kitchen to make sure he could let his team know what needed to be done to get the job completed. My wife and I are not professionals when it came to assessing the paint job, that’s what the project manager is supposed to do but there were obvious errors in the paintjob. Ryan said there was no need for him to come back out because he could just send his crew back out to fix the problems. He said I could send him pictures instead. I would have felt more comfortable with him coming back to take a look at it so we could have discussed exactly what the finished product should look like. This was the first sign in him showing us he did not care about us being completely happy with the finished product. He only cared about getting our money. I sent him the pictures and Selena came back to fix the problems we had a few days later. I get the invoice from him and I paid it the same day he sent it to me from my savings account. A few days later I get an e-mail from him saying the payment couldn’t be processed because my bank would not allow a transaction out of my savings account. He said he would be adding a $10 check return fee to the invoice. I asked him if he could take the $10 off of the original balance because it was a simple error and I would transfer the funds to my checking account and pay the balance that day. He said he could not because it wasn’t his fault the bank blocked the transaction and he wasn’t trying to nickel and dime me over $10 but he refused to adjust the balance. Again, this was him letting us know he did not appreciate our business. We spent $2,860 with Ryan on a kitchen and a bedroom. It was never about the $10 for us. We just got a vinyl fence installed for thousands of dollars and received 5-star service from Index Fencing. We just wanted to be appreciated as customers, as anyone would who work hard for their money. We did not receive a 5-star service from Ryan, as his company does not deserve a 5-star rating. He never even asked if we were completely satisfied with the final product after Selena came back and cleaned up the errors. I don’t think he really cared. I can’t speak on anybody else’s experience with him. Maybe they were treated better, but we will not be doing any business in the future with Matrix Painting.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

10/01/2020

Tommie Anne M.

They were very easy to work with, very accommodating and obviously interested in doing the job to our satisfaction.I would call them again and not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Paint the inside of condo and remove popcorn ceilings

08/05/2020

Tamara M.

Quality paint job! Matrix did an amazing job painting the interior of my home again! This is the third time I have used them and would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

03/05/2020

Sandy L.

Absolutely fantastic and highly satisfied

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

02/05/2020

Adam C.

Very well. Started and ended on time, and price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

01/28/2020

Doris V.

Excellent! Ryan’s team finished early, were exceptionally polite and very neat and clean both in their work and personally. The Matrix team has done inside and outside work for us, and are always on time, and willing to go the “extra mile”. John and Doris Van Etten

Description of Work
Interior Painting

01/27/2020

Laura N.

They made the process as smooth as possible and did quality work.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category drywall, interior painters

01/20/2020

Dan R.

Matrix did a wonderful job painting the exterior and garage interior of our home. I highly recommend them for any of your painting needs. Not only did they paint but they also replaced rotten boards and anything that needed fixing before it could be painted. The owner, Ryan, was great to work with. His crew were very friendly and hard working.

Description of Work
Painting of home exterior & garage interior

01/18/2020

Melissa G.

This company was great to work with. They did a great job with the carpentry, much better than a previous company we had used, and they painted our entire house. Everything went smoothly, the painters were efficient and thorough and we are very happy with the finished product. I would highly recommend Matrix Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting & Carpentry Repair

Category contractors, siding, pressure washing, house painters

01/17/2020

Josh S.

Are you looking for a painter for your home? Then let me tell you about Matrix Painting! Do you have brand new vinyl flooring and white marble counters that you want covered in primer, plaster, and painting supplies? Look no further than Matrix Painting! Maybe you have holes in your walls that need patching. Do you want a company that needs to be told multiple times to patch them up? Or you want a company that goes above and beyond by patching up holes in your wall that you told them not to? Look no further than Matrix Painting! Are you looking for project manager experience? Well you'll get it from Matrix Painting when you need to tell them to correct all the sloppy edge work, uneven patchwork on your walls, leaving your old paint on parts of the wall, and "forgotten" trim painting. How could you say no to getting your house painted AND getting project management experience on your resume?! But wait, there's more! Do you want paint on your light fixtures, window sills, counters, and more? Look no further than Matrix Painting! If you want a company that doesn't listen to you, and blames miscommunication endlessly, or tells you how you can correct their mistakes (like covering the messy window with curtains), contact Matrix Painting now!

Description of Work
Painting, patching, trim work

11/10/2019

Mable S.

Excellent! I'm so pleased with the interior painting job by Matrix Painting. Very conscientious and left things in perfect order. It was a pleasure working with Ryan and his crew.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

10/30/2019

Joe F.

Repair work was back to original condition. Extremely happy with the carpentry and painting done.

Description of Work
Paint whole house and repair defective boards, windows, trim, etc

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters, doors

10/19/2019

Jacqueline H.

I can’t say enough good things about this company. Ryan, the owner, was excellent from the start with explaining how the process would go, helping me choose colors, offering multiple financing options and a timely and reasonable quote. The crew was timely, very hard working and functioned like a well oiled machine. I recommend highly!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

10/02/2019

Thomas Z.

Result: We are very satisfied with the work done by Matrix Painting. Project: Exterior house painting, including screened porch and wrought iron hand rails (to front door). Included minor repair to garage doors to fix some swollen wood and to replace silicone caulk with latex caulk so that it can be painted. Excluded windows since windows are aluminum clad. Date of project: Sep 2019. From start to finish, the project took six days. Selection process: We received quotes from three vendors that were highly rated on Angie’s List and received high marks on Google. The quotes varied by over 80%. But of the three, Ryan (President of Matrix Painting) asked the most insightful questions and explained in detail what he thinks should be done in certain areas. Preparation: What we did prior to the painters coming was to trim all shrubbery away from any area to be painted. Removed all furniture from the screen porch. Made sure they had full use of the driveway for their vehicles. Overview: They worked hard and did a good job prepping the house, painting the house, removing flaking paint and rust from the hand rails and fixing the garage doors. They were accommodating and answered our questions throughout the week. They also did a good job of cleaning up after they were done. Note: This review is posted on both Angie’s List and Google.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

09/19/2019

Charlie W.

Excellent ..............This is the 4th painting project they've completed for me and it's always been prompt/quality service.

Description of Work
Painting porch deck and front porch railing/columns.

Category decks, house painters

08/21/2019

elvis G.

Process was very smooth. Ryan was (and is) a pleasure to work with. Very upfront with all relevant details. Communicated clearly throughout the entire process. His team is very professional and helpful. There were a few minor touch ups and fixes were applied with no issue. Ryan is someone who stands by the quality of his work. I would definitely work with him again.

Description of Work
Interior and Exterior painting and deck stain.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

04/28/2019

Karen M.

It went really well. Ryan is very professional and approachable. He kept in touch with me about updates and their work was wonderful. I would highly recommend Matrix to anyone. I have never experienced a better company to work with for home repairs. My home needed carpentry, window trim replacement, board replacement , work around the chimney and painting.

Description of Work
I needed extensive carpentry on the outside of my house and a full paint job.

Category contractors, siding, house painters, doors

04/16/2019

lorraine W.

It went so well that I am hoping they will come back and paint the bedrooms. The team was punctual and professional, and they even cleaned up.

Description of Work
Interior painting of great room and hallways.

Shimmer Interior Design

Wilmer Painting

Wilmer Painting is the residential and commercial painting contractor in Durham, NC that also specializes in pressure washing services. You can read more about these services and everything else that we do by checking out this website’s Homepage. To learn why, when it comes to reliable home interior painting services, many local people turn to us, stay on this page and keep reading the information provided here.

Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Offers Coupon

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Residential & Commercial Projects, Exterior & Interior Painting, Deck Restoration, Carpentry/Drywall Repair, Wallpaper/Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Pressure Washing, & Free Color Consultations!