KJ Natural Stones LLC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2009

532 S. New Hope Rd

Raleigh, NC 27610

At KJ Natural Stone, LLC, We have been in business since 1996. You will see quality, dependable workmanship and your satisfaction is our guaranteed. Our customers come first, and we love to make you our prior tie. You will see a prompt reply to all inquiries plus we offer free estimates and

05/07/2022

william M.

The entire team from top down were amazing! The owner himself came to quote us and help plan our remodel. Nanfer explained all the ins and outs of what we wanted and what was possible! Then sent us to the showroom to pick out our own slab of granite! The lovely young lady was so helpful in guiding us thru all the different types of granite and allowed us all the time we needed to make this really important decision! She gave us a few samples to take home to confirm our choice! Within a couple of weeks our kitchen was transformed…. Center island and bar were expanded, a new built in nook was added as well as backsplashes…. They also replaced our dual sink with a single bowl (new faucet and disposal) which was gorgeous! The granite was stunning! A custom job at a fair price! It is very important to support local businesses and when the owner himself takes on a lead role you know you made the right choice! Thanks Nanfer and your whole team of consummate professionals!

Description of Work
Added extra counter space and replaced all old counters with granite

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/16/2022

Jeremy M.

Great place to work with. Very friendly and knowledgeable with a great selection of products. From countertop to tile to flooring. Fast and quality service and work. Highly recommend KJ natural stone!!

Description of Work
New countertops

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

07/16/2020

Brenda W.

Excellent Selections and Customer Service. KJ's entire process of selecting the color and style of the granite for my bathroom remodel went seamlessly. You will find a great selection of stone at various price points, and their work is impeccable. You will not be disappointed!!

Description of Work
Granite Vanity Tops

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

06/11/2017

Angelica C.

I know this is a little late , but I was looking to hire someone to do some granite works and this company came up and for sure refreshed my memory .. I almost took the risk and give them one more chance but first as of curiosity decided to check reviews .. and I wasn't surprise on some of these .. where obvisly this owner use very low class and intimidating language special with ladies in their own ... so PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS !!! No one ever should be bully neither treated with degreasing comments .. ( I wasn't please with the job and it was not my right to mentioned that to them in their mind ) ... sorry for the others who dealt with the same scenario like me ...

Description of Work
Bathrooms .. granite upgraded in two bathrooms and office

Category countertops

We are dumbfounded with this review not only does it seem like the customer is clearly trying to defame the owner himself but the last time work was completed for this customer was in 2013. A review like this is never taken lightly.

12/15/2016

Alan Wayne P.

Doing business with the folks at KJ Natural Stone was one of the best experiences we have ever had with anyone in doing a home improvement project. They were very friendly and professional from picking out the granite, taking the measurements, scheduling the work, and installing the product. The selection of granite that they have is one of the best I have seen. When you compare their selection to the big box stores the difference is significant. Along with that we found their prices to be very competitive with the big box stores even though KJ's quality was much better. The installation process was great. They did everything on schedule and the installers were very professional and paid attention to detail. We were totally satisfied with their work and are loving our new kitchen! Whenever we visit other homes in the area, we can’t help but notice their counter tops and realize ours are the most unique and beautiful ones we have ever seen. We would definitely use them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed granite counter tops in the kitchen.

Category countertops, marble & granite

Mr. [Removed Member Name] , We appreciate your positive feedback, It was a pleasure working with you. I want to thank you for choosing us, Being a family owned business we pride ourselves in our workmanship and customer service. Thank You for supporting local businesses.

08/09/2016

Phyllis S.

Originally we planned to only do 2 bathrooms downstairs and the laundry room but they were so great to work with that we did all 6 bathrooms. We researched 4 other granite suppliers but KJ Natural Stones had the best selection and good value. We were very pleased with the recommendations made by Oscar. Nanfer took us to the supplier warehouse for a specific selection in our master bath and we love it!

Description of Work
We had granite installed in our laundry room and 6 full bathrooms.

11/04/2015

Teresa L.

Vendor stated they would send refund of 4500.00 several times, I have sent certified letter, was told they would send refund check of 4500.00 no check has been received. Vendor tried to use intimidation tactics and abusive language in an attempt to bully a woman. I have documented every conversation, text and emails over 200 pages in a binder. If I do not receive the refund as promised by this vendor I will be forced to sue in civil court. I should have read the ratings on this business prior to, if I had I would not have done any business with them. Horrid, horrid experience.

Description of Work
Vendor gave first estimates for kitchen tile renovation without listing tile as part of the cost, and pushed for a Amex deposit, that should have been my first indicator..... I chose tile for master bath renovation, one week before install vendor contacts to tell me the tile was out of stock, vendor was abusive, unprofessional. Because I would not let them choose another tile for the bath, they became very upset and gave no reason why the tile had not been ordered prior to install. Cancelled order due to vendor's inability to confirm install dates, or process of the project with both times and who was showing up when, plus the vendors inability to professionally communicate without being abusive. Wish I had read the Angie List ratings of this Vendor they are terrible :(((

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

09/13/2015

aaron B.

Nanfer and his crew were meticulous in their work. They were always on time and excellent at cleaning the areas of the home since we had to live in the house during the renovations. They worked with us to choose the right colors and even accompanied us to the granite warehouse to find the right pieces. Our tile is so straight and even, it almost looks like a commercial job for a large company. Any question we had, they answered and worked with us to meet our greatest satisfaction. The finished job is phenomenal. Not only did Nanfer and his crew do a wonderful job, we have become family friends since the install. We are very picky and they never once complained. We definitely felt like we got the BEST job at a reasonable price. And best of all, we get SO many compliments about our home! Nanfer is also great at coming back if you need him to repair something or add something. From other vendors we have used, we know this does not always happen when you have work done at your home. We would highly recommend KJ Natural Stone, because they make the remodel fun and worry free!

Description of Work
We updated our kitchen, three bathrooms, and living room bar area with granite. We also put tile throughout the bathrooms, kitchen, office/craft room, and laundry room. We added a back splash to the kitchen area.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

08/31/2015

Aleece H.

They came out and measured, after we picked the stone at the warehouse. This long counter and backsplash went in the basement. On day of installation, two guys came out and they carefully brought in the granite. They also provided the cool bar sink and faucet. Beautiful job.

Description of Work
Installed a granite countertop and backsplash on kitchen cabinets.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite

06/14/2015

Richard K.

He showed up on time and I explained that I wanted the marble top in the bathroom polished. He said he would do it for $300 and said the top would look much better. He sent a worker to do the job but the worker did get there about 45 minutes late. he then proceeded while I was doing something else. After about an hour, he said he was done and a better job could not be done without removing the top and taking it to the shop. He did a beautiful job of regrouting but the marble top looked just the same as though nothing had been done to the top. I called the owner the next day because the result was not what he described. He told me that nothing further could be done without removing the top. I feel as though I have been taken. I would not have spent $300 to regrout the top if he had told me that was all he could do. I am remodeling and will need several granite tops, but I sure will not call him for the work.

Description of Work
Polish marble top in bathroom

Category countertops, remodeling, marble & granite

06/11/2015

Steve & Laura W.

Initial in home consultation seemed like they had the resources to do this job, but at the last minute (day of scheduled arrival for the job), they backed out. Perhaps they bid too low, after all they increased the price the day before they were set to arrive, but the son of the owner not knowing that this job would be more involved than expected, and the owner initially agreeing to do the job, then backing out, was very unprofessional. I found someone else to do the job and it came out excellent.

Description of Work
Marble and granite work for bathroom

04/05/2015

David S.

When I went to their showroom to select a counter top, the staff spent quite a bit of time with me, moving large slabs around so that I could see each piece better. They were courteous and helpful. I came back the next day and selected a remnant. Measuring for the template was scheduled for a few days later. Their prices were not the lowest I had seen, but were competitive, and they had more of a selection of remnants than most other companies. They required a %50 deposit, with the remainder due upon completion. One small glitch occurred when apparently someone entered the wrong date for the template measuring into their calendar. I called when no one arrived at the time I had been given. They were apologetic and sent someone out within the hour, so this was not a big problem. The installation was scheduled for 3 or 4 days after the final measurements were taken, which I thought was a nice quick turn around. The installation went fine and they left the room clean. Their plumber came a few hours later. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and service, and would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed quartz counter top for 21 x 40" bathroom vanity, without back splash. The price included one sink and cutout, all cutting and polishing, standard edging, installation, and the plumber's fees.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, marble & granite

02/07/2015

Gary W.

There were some problems a time or two with KJ. The sales part went very smooth. It is a family owned and they work together very well. They had a plumber come out to install the sink, and the granite work was fine, and they brought and installed the sink. We did not like the installation part, they cut out quite a bit on the dishwasher side, and left it open. I complained to KJ, and they were going to come and look at it, then I called again, but they did not come, so I hired a carpenter who figured out a way to install a new wall underneath the sink. It had been a good experience and then it ended with that. They were pleasant to work with and the installers of the granite did a good job, but the plumber dropped the ball, and it left a bad taste. When I called and complained, they never responded. Every time I called, they said they would want to talk to the father, it was like they were too busy or they didn't want to come back, and we had already paid them by that time. Their price was competitive with everyone. There were some more expensive, and some less expensive. We didn't buy the cheapest granite, but they were competitive. Everything started good but finished bad.

Description of Work
We used KJ Natural Stones for countertops. They removed the counter tops that we had and they installed granite counter tops in the kitchen, they put in a new sink, and we have a desk area in the kitchen area which we put a counter top on it. We put countertop on the food island as well, and extended it so we have a bar at the food island as well.

01/04/2015

Teresa R.

Pre-sales work went fine, showed up on time provided several quotes for options that were reasonable. We selected the option we wanted and called it into the office to schedule the install. Installation crew showed up on time, option we had selected was not what came to the house and was a more expensive option with an island extension we did not ask for . Crew cut out internal cabinet supports leaving wood and saw dust inside cabinets and dishes. Kick plate and shoe molding at floor level by our stove magically went missing sometime during the install . When we contacted the company and supplied them pictures they replied " we only do Granite tops " and it is impossible they did anything to the cabinets. End result is I had to spend extra time and money to get our kitchen back to it's previous state. Will not be using or recommending this company to potential customers.

Description of Work
Replace existing surfaces of counter, island and built in desk with granite tops. Remove existing counter material and clean site.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, marble & granite

[removed member name] realtor picked out the slab that was being used for the kitchen so Im not exactly sure why thats being said if the customers didn't even bother to go out to the warehouse to hand pick the slab themselves. The kitchen was cut based on the initial measurements that was taken at the consultation so no there was no change on the measurements, in fact if there was an additional overhang the sq.ft would have gone up, which it did not. In regards to the foot piece of cabinet (wooden piece that measures approximately 4x4) that went missing which my installers did inform me that when they did the installation it was already missing, we offered the customers to provide us with an invoice so we can compensate them but they choose not to since it was only $2 and it felt it was not worth the bother.

07/20/2014

Al M.

Measurements were extremely precise. Installation was done in a timely manner. They were very attentive and helpful in giving suggestions for the selection process. They were very clean and neat. A job well done!!

Description of Work
Install granite counter-top in kitchen.

07/01/2014

Julia K.

Excellent workmanship. BUT they quoted a price of $250 and 2 days after the service called and said we owed them $150 more than the $250 we already paid because more work was required than they originally thought.

Description of Work
Re-attached an undermount sink in our kitchen.

04/01/2014

Julie S.

The owner Nanfer Lopez was very responsive and came to our house to provide a quote following an email request. The quote for the project was reasonable, so my husband and I went to the warehouse in North Raleigh to pick the granite we wanted. The staff was very cooperative and only showed us only colors we were interested in. At that time, we scheduled the installation for March 2014. Once the new bar cabinets were installed, we scheduled a visit to draw the template for the countertop. Unfortunately, the piece of granite we originally selected was too small, but they had a larger piece that they wanted us to consider as a replacement. The larger piece was acceptable. At that time, they recommended a larger sink as well, which turned out to be a good suggestion. Even with the new piece of granite, it did not delay the timelines for the installation. The day of the installation, they called and wanted to know if they could start earlier. The installation went very well. You could tell they were very proud of their work. The craftsmanship was excellent. Our experience with KJ Natural Stone was excellent and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We were remodeling a wet bar and needed to have a new granite countertop and bar sink installed.

Category countertops, remodeling, marble & granite

02/04/2014

Shraga B.

The new countertops look great. We went to go select the granite and the salespeople were very helpful and knowledgeable, couldn't be happier with our choice. The installation went smoothly, they were able to schedule times when my wife was home and I didn't have to worry about them missing appointments and dragging everything out. The installers were polite and knew what they were doing. No one else could beat the price they offered and the service was on par, would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
They came and installed granite countertops in our kitchen

12/27/2013

Mary N.

They came to our home and measured areas to be covered with granite, and provided us with quote for work to be done. They worked with us to set up install dates, and were flexible when we needed to change date for install of kitchen granite. The installers were very professional and cleaned up the area completely when they finished. We are very happy with the work done, and feel that the cost was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Installed granite on our fireplace (surround and hearth) and installed granite on kitchen counters.

Category countertops, fireplaces

10/25/2013

Catherine H.

They were great and it was a great experience.

Description of Work
The installed granite counter tops.

06/20/2013

Anthony P.

I hired KL Natural stone to refinish my kitchen countertops - which had significant water spots around the sink. They said they could do the work and not even involve a plumber - which the other estimates said would be required (first clue we had a problem i guess). They said it would look like it did when it was new. They did the work and once it dried i could see that the spots were still there but worse as it had smeared. I assumed this was because the rest of the kitchen was redone using a machine and the guy sent out did the refinishing around the sink by hand to avoid the faucets. Just horrible work. Its all cloudy and smeared - horrible result - as bad or worse then it was before. He didn't provide a receipt (second mistake i made) and said my cancelled check served as a receipt. When he came back out after i complained (after not showing the first time as promised he was rude, inconsiderate and said the stone was and quot;naturallyand quot; that way. I asked him to redo it and he said he'd and quot;see me in courtand quot;. Absolutely no attempt to re-do the work and he was incredibly rude and disresepctful......andthis was the owner! It is so obviously bad work. $600 down the drain........Please avoid at all costs everyone.

Description of Work
refinished kitchen granite counter tops

05/10/2013

Frances G.

The entire experience was the worst I ever had with a company. Originally I was told that both counter tops were granite. When they were delivered there were cracks around one of the sinks. The installers told me that the counter was marble and not granite. I called the company and said I had ordered granite, not marble so they finally agreed to cut another counter from granite, but only at a much higher price. All along KJ did not do what they said they would, would not return phone calls, did not show up when promised and the plumber could not install the sinks properly (they leaked and the stopper would not hold water in the sink). Finally I had to hire my own plumber to repair the problems. A fter a big fight, the owner of KJ Natural Stone finally agreed to take my plumbers fee out of what I owed him. However, my credit card was billed for the full amount without my authorization before all of the work was completed. I am still in the process of disputing the charges. My plumber had told the owner of KJ Stone exactly what to do to fix the sinks. KJ came out 3 times before they finally did what my plumber said and fixed one of the sinks, However they never did the same repair to the second sink. My plumber said the second sink will have the same problem as the first if they did not repair it. Some of the personnel and the owner were very unpleasant. The owner screamed at me and my own plumber and called me a liar. The owner just showed up at my house several times without notifying me. Also I am still waiting for a corrected estimate/bill for the job. KJ Stone promised to correct the estimate and send it to me, but they never corrected anything except increasing the price several times. I had asked that the size of the sinks , the type and level of granite, and the final price was included on the bill. When I originally asked, due to my own plumbers prompting, if and quot;plumbingand quot; listed on the price estimate included all parts and labor I was told yes. Then after the plumbing was done on one sink, all of a sudden I was told I would have to pay an additional $30. They were not willing to change the additional $30 price and I finally agreed to pay because they said they would put a lien on my house if I did not pay. It was a real case of bait and switch. I would never recommend that anyone use this company.

Description of Work
Granite counter tops and porcelain sinks installed in 2 bathrooms.

Category countertops, marble & granite

No counter-offer can be made due to the fact that this case was taken to court and case was ruled in our favor.

03/10/2013

Sandra S.

Started out great with their client interface person named Jiro. Met up with me at the warehouse and the supplier for the countertops, and spent a good amount of time to help me choose a really nice granite while staying within my budget. The person who came to take measurements came when he said and did everything correctly and efficiently. The owner met up with me to choose tile and help design a custom backsplash. The countertops and sinks went in and looked great. They didn't haul away half the debris, which sat on our deck for weeks while they worked. Several problems in that the stove's wiring was not rehooked properly, the vent's exhaust fan was not rehooked, all the hot and cold pipes/tubing for the sinks were put on backwards and the sinks were leaking a significant amount of water. The incorrect wiring on the stove blew out an indicator light. One of the main burners also arced and didn't function correctly, but Jiro sent out an electrician to re-wire it immediately after I called him. The electrician didn't reconnect the vent exhaust despite being asked to. Biggest problem was with the tiling subcontractor -- did not show up at all on the first day he was supposed to, and the next day came several hours late with no supplies. Apparently lied to the owner about where the tile was and why he didn't have it with him. I had to work out of town that weekend, so he did the work over the next couple of days with my husband present. When I came back, the tile that they had installed (about half the job) was completely wrong, nothing lined up and it was completely asymmetrical. A real mess. I took pictures and sent them to Jiro. He was horrified and contacted the owner, who came over to inspect it. He and his main supervisor agreed it was not acceptable and offered to fix it. They brought the subcontractor over to explain himself, and everyone was all about the excuses as to why it had gone bad. The owner asked several times if I'd let the same person re-do the job, I refused each time. I pointed out the problems with the sinks and the stove and the owner offered to fix everything -- he stated unequivically that he would replace the entire stove if necessary. All we wanted was the indicator light to be fixed, and we figured the electrician rewired the burner correctly, but more on that later. Eventually the owner relented and the supervisor himself came several days later while we waited for more tile to be ordered and delivered. The supervisor came out the next week and started to re-work part of the tile. He got about half-way through again and realized that the basic measurements were off for the central decorative section so the whole thing had to be taken off again (including the drywall underneath) and restarted. Several more days (about 5 days) wait for new tile to arrive. Three weeks total time spent before the tile was done. Light switches were reinstalled upside down. Have to give them credit where its due, the final product looks good, including the custom backsplash. We paid in full with the owner reiterating they would fix the stove. The model number was on the stove itself, so figured he had that. A few weeks later, with the indicator light still out and hearing nothing, I called back with the model number of the unit for them to replace the light as they had promised. By then, the burner that had arced previously had stopped functioning correctly, it would either be at the full max or off, no matter what the knob was turned to. No one at the office gave us the time of day, Jiro had left the company, the owner wouldn't get on the phone with us, and they pretended we never existed. Clearly we never should have paid in full without having them fulfill their promise of fixing the stove first. Lesson learned on our part. We got our own electrician to fix it, which only cost $160. One would think $160 would be worth your company's reputation, but guess not. The whole thing left a really bad taste in our mouth. Would not use this company again. Would not recommend it to anyone else.

Description of Work
Installation of granite countertops in kitchen (which included removing the cooktop stove and then placing it back), removal of old kitchen tile and installation of new tile. Removal of old sinks and installation of new sinks, which included rehooking the water supply). Was supposed to include haul-away.

02/08/2013

Gerry C.

The installation went very well. The workers were professional and courteous. The only problem that we had is that the plumber that KJ sent did not hook up the water filtration system correctly the first time. He came back later to correct the problem though. The countertops look beautiful and we are very happy with them.

Description of Work
Installed new granite countertops and stainless steel sink.

12/10/2012

Barbara G.

Added all information into one. UPDATE: Not finished or resolved. They have not contacted me as of today!!!

Description of Work
I had the measurements and took them out to them. They did not come to me. The actual vanities are very nice, just not as shiny as I would have liked. Also, they did not install. My friend did. We were charged instead of the 27.95 we were charged 24.95 since we were installing. I don't feel comfortable with that price. Since we did all the measuring and installing in addition to driving over to pick out and give measurements. Also I forgot we chose the patterns from remnants. That is why I am not comfortable with the price. The service tech was to verify that price but I have not heard from him. When we installed the first of 3 the side splash was too long and needs to be cut. Their mistake on the measuring not ours. So now we have to take it back to get it cut. I asked if they could come out rather than us driving over there for the 3rd time and cut it. Still not heard the answer for these questions. . Finally on Wednesday the 5th of last week the person that wrote the contract called. I told him that I had waited to hear from him to find out what they had planned to do and had not so I got someone else to cut the side flash. He did not offer to pay for that added expense but just apologized for not getting back to me. Seems to be a case of starting and not finishing a job. It bothered me that that the job did not seem important enough to acknowledge me or my concerns. UPDATE: As I reported in the first report. The job that was done was not finished. The granite still makes water spots. The company has failed to contact me. Worst service and product ever!