HOME REVISION LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2008

2777 Brentwood Rd. #41352

Raleigh, NC 27629

We feel that you should really enjoy the time you spend in your home. Updating one or all the rooms in your house will improve the way you feel about your home. Our goal is to help the homeowner with a smart solution for getting the most for their money while increasing the value of the home. Home

03/25/2016

Jordan G.

Extremely happy with the finished project. John and team excelled most when given ample opportunity to be creative, going well beyond the simple ideas I had and staying comfortably within budget. Never felt like I was being upsold and my stated budget requirements were taken seriously throughout the project. In addition, all the members of John's team are highly skilled professionals that I grew to trust and rely upon for important design decisions. Home Revisions gets my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Replacement of all kitchen cabinetry, sink, and counter, total house floor refinish and partial replacement, construction of hallway laundry closet.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

04/26/2015

son N.

See Above

Description of Work
.I contacted John to come out and look at project. He was Johnny on the spot to come give estimate. Came on site, took pictures stated he would be back with me in a couple of days with estimate. Never gave estimate and would not return calls or emails. I'd rather you just tell me you can't handle the job and be a professional. For a remodel job, you need someone that is going to be responsive. This isn't the company

03/12/2015

Tina C.

Audio Missing.

Description of Work
Audio Missing.

Category plumbing, remodeling, pavers, gravel, home remodeling

03/31/2014

Albert G.

Through Angie?s List I contacted 3 companies to provide an estimate for some extensive repair work needed to my front porch. Only one called back and did the estimate. I called the other two again and again no reply after two weeks. I can only assume that they are no longer in business. Can?t imagine that they are so unreliable or so disrespectful even to just say that they were too busy to take on more work. Sounds like a bad omen. I?d stay clear of folks like this.

Description of Work
nothing

Category contractors

03/22/2014

Jesse S.

Came out and walked through to find out our ideas of what we would like to renovate in our home. That was two months ago. Only one email from them since. No cost estimate. Nothing. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Nothing.

10/21/2013

linda H.

This has been my first year in this house. Since moving here I have fallen down the stairs leading down from my upstairs bedrooms twice. The reason for this was because the steps had an odd curve in them as they got closer to the bottom. Home Revision was the 2nd company I contacted to see what could be done to prevent me from falling again and to get an estimate of what it would cost. John agreed with the first contractor I talked to that my closet had to be removed so my steps could come straight down from the upstairs. There was so much difference in the way things were presented to me between the two companies. I quickly realized that the work would be done correctly with Home Revision and I was right. I have nothing but good things to say about John, Dan, and the rest of the crew. They were courteous, friendly, professional, and on time. They answered all my questions and kept me informed on a daily basis of what was going to be done that day. Everyday after they finished their work they cleaned up. My floors have never been swept so much! The new stairs have improved the look of my living room and more important, I feel so much safer going up and down them. I appreciated the fact that they listened to me on what I needed to feel safe and saw that my needs were met.

Description of Work
Redesigned my stairs.

Category remodeling

07/25/2013

Sara D.

The contractor was prompt, courteous and responded the same day to provide an estimate. John supplied us the estimate along with a few sketches of how the doors would look from a few angles. The sketches could have been a little more professional like from a CAD application but it was ok for this job. John went ahead and ordered the unit and advised us it would be4-6 weeks for delivery. It was every bit of six weeks and when the unit arrived, it was the wrong size. John assured us he would take care of the problem and have the right unit immediately. Well, immediately meant another 2-3 weeks. A few weeks later the unit arrived and the craftsmen that did the work was fantastic. He was very professional and paid great attention to detail. In one day he had the unit installed and made it look perfect. We were very impressed. The painter showed up a day later or so and did a fine job but was not the craftsmen that the installer was. With the exception of the wrong size unit, the overall experience was good and I would not hesitate to give John a call again to do work at our house.

Description of Work
Installed French doors in office

05/20/2013

Alice S.

The Home Revision team did a wonderful job remodeling our Master Bath.? Each tradesman was professional, knowledgeable,? and enjoyable to work with.? They all took pride in their work and were very respectful of the fact that they were working in a home while we lived there, protecting our floors and carpet and keeping the work area as clean as possible.? The project manager gave us daily updates on who was coming and what was going to be done, plus what to expect? for the next day or two.? He's a great communicator.? Their interior designer did a professional job of helping us make all the material choices and listened to what we liked.? The job was completed in the time frame they gave us and the quality of work is superb.? We will call them again for any future work we want done.

Description of Work
Remodeled Master Bath.

04/22/2013

Ellen T.

The project took about 8 weeks. It went smoothly. John, Dan and Jamie are wonderful to work with. Everything was completed to 110% satisfaction. Any changes were made swiftly. They were not intrusive to daily living and cleaned up after themselves. Any problems were fixed immediately. Jamie is an incredible designer and put into place all things I desired plus things that I didn't know I wanted! We plan on using them again for all our renovations. Thank you!

Description of Work
Master bath renovation-> handicapable.

03/15/2013

Tom O.

We had used Home Revision previously for a master bath renovation, which went very well. The kitchen remodel went very smoothly also. In this instance, we provided fairly detailed plans as to what we wanted moved, changed, added, etc. along with a budgetary estimate of what we expected to spend on each phase. Home Revision reviewed the plans and explained what structural modifications would be needed and/or expected and suggested additional modifications to the plans to allow all the ideas to come together. From there, we worked together to finalize the budget and Home Revision was very supportive in keeping the budget on track. All phases of the work went smoothly and all of the subcontractors were excellent to work with, many of which we had worked with two years prior (which says a lot). Special attention was placed on keeping dust migration minimized. We did not have any dust migrate to other areas during the major portions of the construction, and only minor during the final touch-up phase. We were very happy with all of the materials, colors, fixtures and workmanship. The project completed on schedule also, which was a big plus since the holidays were approaching. As in any large project, there were some unexpected items that popped up. But, Home Revision was easy to work with and ensured that everything was made to meet our expectations. If the surprises were normal risks to a contractor, they absorbed them. If they were normal change orders, then Home Revision talked us through the various options, etc. and made it easy to decide what to do. We have to note that this project came as close as any to being a custom design/build type project. Home Revision was very cooperative in lending their services to keep the project as custom as possible without charging extra for those services. There was a lot of attention to detail and emphasis on making the newly renovated areas match the existing areas with regard to trim style & grade, material construction, colors, etc. We had quotes from other companies that were substantially higher. And yet, those companies did not present themselves to be as fair as Home Revision. After working through this 2nd project together, we can attest to Home Revision being very honest and fair. They will ensure you are happy with the project.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of kitchen and dining room, along with alterations to adjacent breakfast area, laundry, office. This included new sub-flooring and hardwoods, new cabinetry, relocating walls, granite counter tops, removal of popcorn on ceilings and repair of ceiling sheet rock, tile back splash, custom hood, banquette, island, kitchen water heater, LED lighting, copper plumbing, stained trim and all electrical brought up to code. Home Revision provided all labor and materials, less the appliances.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

02/04/2013

Beverly H.

Great service, can't say enough nice things about John, Jaimie and Don, the entire staff and crew were wonderful to work with. Very professional. Top of the line job and service. Would highly recommend and would use again in the future.

Description of Work
Great remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hauling services, interior designers, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

01/27/2013

Jay J.

Our 1960's ranch home had a small outdated kitchen with an adjacent dining room, and we wanted to improve it. It was a large project that included:A complete swap of the kitchen and dining rooms; Extensive plumbing and electrical re-work; knocking down walls new drywall; new windows and doors; New cabinets, hardwood floors, new countertops. The work was recently completed, and we are very satisfied with the results. When doing a large renovation a feeling of trust is important, and we definitely felt comfortable with the entire team. They were very detail oriented, and they worked hard to make sure we were happy with everything about the project. The communication with our project manager Dan was excellent. The team of Home Revision was also conscious of our budget and we never felt as if they were pushing or taking advantage of us. We are very satisfied and would recommend Home Revision for a kitchen remodel!

Description of Work
Major kitchen renovation with Home Revision

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/28/2012

Lindsey P.

The overall experience with Home Revision was positive. Everyone we met from the company was pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
We learned of John's company through a friend's parents. They were happy with them and in fact had won a local award for Best Kitchen remodel under $31k, later deciding to have them remodel their bathroom as well. John had a couple of different designers visit us. Despite reservations about the expense, John convinced us that it would be best to remove a wall. Once we cleared that psychological hurdle, his team was able to come up with a good design incorporating a peninsula in place of our dinner table. Emilio took the design and produced an impressive 3D rendering.

Category remodeling, architect, home remodeling

12/23/2012

Fielding W.

We found Home Revision because our original installers fell through. Even though we contacted them last minute they were able to schedule our install in a matter of days. Their installers were punctual, courteous and very professional. They even complimented us on our choice of door and locking mechanism. Their work was meticulous, from the removal of the old doors to the touch-up of the trim. We couldn't be happier with their service.

Description of Work
Installed new entry doors

Category remodeling, home remodeling, doors

12/14/2012

Pat K.

We had an undetected water leak from our refrigerator that ended up cupping (i.e., warping) the hardwood floors in the kitchen. After having the restoration company come out and dry the floor as well as sections of the sub flooring, they submitted a bid to complete the floor repair, but would not remove the cabinetry over the floor first. Assuming that at some point we might remodel the kitchen, that approach was unacceptable and we ended up interviewing a number of contractors before we chose Home Revision. John was personable, professional and we just liked his approach so we contracted with him to remove and install new flooring (and all that entails), remove the cabinets, replace a section of wall behind where the old refrigerator sat, then reinstall all the cabinets as well as the fifteen foot, single piece countertop over a portion of the countertops. And he did all this while we left on a previously planned vacation. We were both a little apprehensive about leaving a key with someone we had only just met, but took the chance and were not sorry we did. With the exception of having to purchase new appliances when we returned and have them installed (again, Home Revision took care of all of that) the work was complete. What a great group of people! I'd recommend him and his crew to anyone facing a similar problem or for any general contracting or remodeling work. Home Revision is excellent!

Description of Work
Removed and reinstalled hardwood floors in our kitchen, parlor, entryway, hall and powder room. Removed and reinstalled kitchen cabinets and very lengthy, single section of countertop as well as replaced large section of drywall behind where a water leak had been detected that caused the damage to the flooring in the first place. Home Revision repainted the kitchen and touched up other areas effected by the initial water damage and reinstalled new appliances.

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

12/12/2012

Tracey H.

The project went AWESOME. The end product was better than ever expected. John's attention to detail, oversight of sub-contractors, and follow up are truly second to none. My husband and I are meticulous - our belief is, if we're paying professionals to do a job, we shouldn't have to "live with" even small imperfections. As part of this kitchen remodel - they knocked out a wall to make the laundry room a part of the kitchen. After the first coat of paint, you could still see where the old wall had been. John stayed on the sub-contractors until the job was done perfectly. We also had a bit of an issue with the tile focal point over the oven. Again, all we had to do was point it out to John and he was on it until we were 100% satisfied. I felt like his expectations and attention to detail to the work performed were the same for my project and he would have for a project in his own home. My husband said it very well - we did not have a million dollar remodel project, but John treated us and made us feel like we did. Home Revision remodeled our den the summer before and when we discovered we had a leaking dishwasher that ruined our hardwood floor, I called John before I even called my insurance company. I trust him that much. I could not give a higher recommendation. As we continue to upgrade parts of our house (room by room) - Home Revision will be who we use. They are not the least expensive - but I'm not the government - I'd never trust the well being of my home to the lowest bidder. You get what you pay for and with Home Revision, you don't pay the most - but you will get the best.

Description of Work
Home Revision completely redid my kitchen which took a little over 2 months. They did the demo (removed all cabinets, appliances, knocked out some walls, removed wall paper, etc) and rebuilt it from the ground up. (The cost of the project I provided above did not include appliances). I also had water damage from a leaking dishwasher (which is what prompted the remodel), so they also handled the hardwood floor repair.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, wallpaper removal, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

09/05/2012

Jeffrey B.

It went great. I looked around for cabinets for a while before deciding on Home Revisions. The cabinet quality was so much better than the other places I checked for the same cost. I was very happy to see that the drawers where dovetailed and where also soft closing (features I would not have been able to afford with the competitors). Overall. I was very happy with this company.

Description of Work
They removed a bar with a sink cabinet and dishwasher area. Installed a very large island.... 5' x 81" The island has a 33" sink cabinet, 18" 3 drawer chest, 2, 36" cabinets and a place for my dishwasher. This island gave us so much more storage for our kitchen.

08/27/2012

Cheri W.

I didn’t use them but it wasn’t because of their service. I just decided not to do my kitchen right now. They were very pleasant and they measured everything. They were right there on time when they said they would be. I probably wouldn't use them because they didn't get back to me with a rough estimate.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Home Revision to remodel my kitchen. He didn’t give me a full quote; he told me it would cost $1,600 to do the design plan. I sent him an email back to get a full quote so that I could see if I wanted to use him and he never got back to me.

04/08/2012

Ron B.

John Jones is a craftsman in the truest sense of the word! His attention to detail was beyond my greatest expectation. John did not compromise on quality or materials, yet stayed within budget. He built beyond the requirements of many of the building codes (as reported by a county inspector). Once started, the project moved along fairly well. Demolition was done in good order with minimal interruption to our household. Throughout the entire project, from demolition to final paint stroke, the area was keep neat and clean. When not in use, all tools were put away out of the reach of our grandchildren. John was responsive when called and always willing to give updates and answer questions about the job. John was willing to make minor design changes as the project moved along. The main problem was that, because Home Revision is a small company and does such a quality job, things took a little longer than expected. They only subbed out a small part of the work, leaving most work to John and workers. With all that said, I would add that I would highly recommend John and Home Revision for any home remodeling project. I will certainly use them again, when the occasion arises.

Description of Work
John Jones, owner of Home Revision advised us on the best way to move forward on our project. He made recommendations, designed and built an additional room to the back of our house. Home Revision demolished our old deck, removed bay window and wall to prepare for the remodel. They reconfigured and expanded the laundry room and added a wrap around deck. The project was done from the ground up. John pulled all permits and was always available for all inspections.

Category decks, handyman service, interior designers, remodeling, interior painters

01/12/2012

Barbra S.

Original response time was okay. Came to house to do estimate - saw several possible code issues upon looking at the work we wanted done. He did some research, as did I, with the town permits but they do not keep record back to when addition was put on house. I asked for an estimate for just the original work we wanted done, as well as additional quote for the other work he saw needed to bring to code. It took several emulsin/calls over a few weeks time to actually receive the quote and the one quote included was for all of the work that he felt was needed, rather than separate quotes as requested. The price seemed rather hefty as well. All in all, I gave them a B rating because I did feel he was knowledgeable and provided useful information. However, because of the time (weeks) waiting for the estimate, and getting it not in the form requested, I personally would not choose to use this company in the future. It felt as if my job wasn't important enough for their business. Perhaps other things were going on that prevented them from being more prompt, but if that was the case, it was not communicated to me. I was not going to even provide the feedback report in case this was an 'off' experience for the company, however I keep getting emailed to give my report so I'm giving in to do so to stop the emails asking for one.

Description of Work
No actual services performed. Just discussion, in-home estimate and quote.

Category drywall, woodworking

09/20/2011

Jorge G.

The construction went well overall. The crew vacuumed the area daily. The only bummer was that the cabinet company recommended by Hope Revision installed a defective vanity and we had to wait six weeks to get it fixed.The finished work was done with quality and the owner was very responsive.

Description of Work
We enlarged our children's full bath.One bath wall was removed to make space for a double sink vanity. Tile was applied on the floor and shower wall. A clear glass screen was installed in the shower. We also expanded the adjacent bonus room.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

04/04/2011

Tom O.

We were very pleased with the design support; money well spent. That in itself trimmed months off the project, versus had we been on our own. The owner is a natural at design and visualization. The project started on time and progressed very smoothly. They did a good job of communicating what they would be doing, how they would do it and how long it would take. Their quote is detailed, enough to provide support both themselves and the customer in case of disagreements. Contract terms were very fair, and we generally felt comfortable paying throughout the contract. Upon a couple occasions we asked to modify the payment amount and they were very agreeable. There were change orders that were well documented and easily discernible within the contract. Contract terms and conditions were fair. Early on we were slightly concerned because we had been told that the owner would self perform much of the work. On day one, subcontractors showed up to do the demo. However, the subcontractors seemed nice, trustworthy and performed good work. They were a small group and remained for the duration, doing sheet-rock repair, tile work, painting, etc. We found they were very professional, concerned, and did very good work. The owner did do some of the carpentry and finish work. But, for the most part he acted as a general contractor. He did visit the job almost daily in the beginning. During other phases, he visited about twice a week. Subs were also used for the plumbing. They too were good subs. The jobsite was kept clean. They utilized plastic and an exhaust fan to keep the dust down during demo. However, sheet-rock dust did find its way into other parts of the home. While that is not unusual, there was no money in the contract for cleaning, so that fell on us. We elected to clean up once after all the dust was made, so it wouldn't continue to spread. We also purchased a large Honeywell room air cleaner which proved to be very helpful. Most items under their control went fine. The cabinet manufacturer had some delays and some quality issues. So, it could be worthwhile to ask what vendors will be used and check the reputation of those vendors as well. Project wrap-up was good, but not perfect. The owner came out and inspected the job near the end, but prior to the final cabinet issues being resolved. Hence, the cabinet rep was the last contractor on site. We would have expected another final inspection and visit from Home Revision - something to help the job end on a high note, rather than a low note. But, there was none. And, no visit from the design side of the team to see the final "reveal" either. So, after spending what seemed like a lot of money, we were left with kind of an anti-climactic ending. But, overall Home Revision is a good general contractor. They are conscientious, have good intentions, fair, and strive for quality work. They can provide very good design advise and support. They have a good technical knowledge of what it takes to get the job done. We would recommend them to our friends, and have.

Description of Work
Turnkey renovation of our master bath, less the electrical (which we self performed). Also provided the design support, consultation, etc. The project included complete removal of all existing cabinetry, fixtures, tile, and flooring. The footprint remained the same. Installed new custom cabinets, granite top, sinks, fixtures, walk-in tiled shower, fixtures, rain head, seat, tiled floor, toilet, patched and painted walls, mirrors, lighting.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

09/14/2010

Sharon A.

Originally meet and talked with John and Jaimie at a home show. Was impressed that Jaimie was up front that she was not a school trained designer but more a match to your tastes type - this bond was the one which helped us make the decision that her touch was what we needed and wanted. They both tried hard, but we were disappointed in several "miscommunications" and the surprise that Jaimie did not tell us, until after the fact, that she would leave first hand contact in the hands of her associate so she could stay at home with her kids over the summer. She was "available" via email, but this is not what we expected. Additionally, there were several times that miscommunications occurred causing us concern, extra costs, and a less satisfying result - these miscommunications were above and beyond what would be considered normal for such a project. The plumbing, granite, and tile subcontractors worked very hard to give us good service and we were pleased with them. Sorry it did not work out as we had hoped.

Description of Work
Gut master bathroom and remodel/replace all tiles, sinks, countertops, bathtub, fixtures etc. except existing wood vanity.

04/06/2009

McLean K.

We found this company through Angieslist. We felt they were professional and reliable from the start. They gave us a reasonable estimate and were willing to work with our budget to help us make it work. We started out with the bathroom, and there had been a leak for about 6 years. They reworked all of the plumbing and completely redid the bathroom. Is looks wonderful. In addition, we asked them to raise the ceiling in our computer room, and that also looks fantastic. They were on time, neat, and courteous. They answered all of our questions and were flexible as we changed our minds a few times. We have been recommending this company to our friends, and we plan on hiring them again for our next project.

Description of Work
They remodeled our bathroom and raised the ceiling in a computer room and hallway. The remodeling involved undoing a lot of bad work that had been done with the previous owners, which included rotting floorboards and walls. Raising the ceiling involved actually raising the roof.

Category contractors, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

08/18/2008

JO L.

Overall, it went very well. The only issue was with a contractor that Home Revision referred me to. The flooring company was supposed to do the tile work and I was not pleased with the company. Home Revision has since severed ties with that company. Outside of that, Home Revision was a pleasure to work with. They spent a lot of time helping me decide on what to do and explaining the process to me (a rookie in the world of remodels). They were patient, professional and responsive to all my requests. I plan to work with them on future home repairs and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Tear out of complete bathroom, removal of popcorn ceiling in master bath and bedroom and wallpaper in bath, carpentry, drywall repairs, painting of all wall and ceiling surfaces and trim with three coats of paint, and electrical and plumbing with allowances for fixtures. Repairs under the former shower area to include application of Kilz primer to floor joists in areas with signs of water penetration and reinsert insulation within floor joists. Electrical including 3 recessed can lights and one wall light. Installation of plumbing fixtures. Installation of medicine cabinet. Installation of crown molding in master bath and bedroom, 3 bead board, and chair rail in bathroom. Painting of walls and trim in master bedroom. Installation of new shower door framed in chrome with aquatex glass. Creation of two separate storage areas in former shower area, with cabinet doors and shelves. General cleanup of construction debris and removal of all waste.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling