Green Acorn

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2010

809 N West St

Raleigh, NC 27603

Fully licensed electrical and general contractors who are punctual, knowledgeable, and transparent in our pricing. Please call to schedule your maintenance, repair, electrical work, renovation, addition, or new construction with us....

08/16/2019

Tim H.

The overall job went well. Mark was able to fix and re-install a part that we thought might not be able to be re-installed. Will definatley call them again in future.

Description of Work
Adjustable bed base repair

10/12/2018

Xiaorong H.

I needed to open a passthru in the wall between the kitchen and dining room and called Green Acorn. Nathan who completed most of the work was punctual, polite and very knowledgeable about what he does. I'm very pleased with the work and will definitely hire this company for the next job.

Description of Work
Open a wall (carpentry)

08/18/2018

PJ F.

I had a broken cold water handle in my soaker tub so I decided it was time to update my faucet. After discovering Green Acorn also did plumbing I had them come out to do the repair. As always they were on time and on budget. Which was way less than quotes I received from other companies. I have used Green Acorn 3 x now and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
New Faucet Installed

Category handyman service, plumbing

04/03/2018

Eileen P.

These guys were great. On time, reasonably priced and hard working!!

Description of Work
Internal house furniture moves

Category moving companies

03/13/2018

Jan P.

Prompt response to every inquiry. Provided a detailed estimate with reasonable, fair prices. Came on time when scheduled and worked with us to meet our needs and time frames. Performed excellent work to our satisfaction and even did more than we asked at no extra charge. It was not a bit uncomfortable having them in our home!

Description of Work
Repaired powder room after water damage, including dry wall. Installed painted new entry door. Completed small touch ups to get home ready for sale.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

02/20/2018

Laurel H.

I had a second-floor bathroom that was leaking onto the ceiling below. The contractor quickly determined that the leak was coming from the toilet, and did the obvious thing of replacing the wax seal. He then carefully tested and found that there was still a leak, so he looked further and found that the toilet drain pipe had not been properly glued to the sewer pipe. This was the original problem. He removed and reglued the pipe, put the toilet back with yet another wax seal, tested again, and repaired and painted the ceiling. He did this all in one day, and gave us a discount because he felt it took him too long. The repair was two months ago and it's still fine. This is my second experience with Granny's Helper and just as positive as the first.

Description of Work
repair leak around toilet

Category handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

02/05/2018

Ramona F.

Extremely pleased with work, pricing, and professionalism,

Description of Work
Wood floor repair

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

01/31/2018

PJ F.

Excellent. Mark was very prompt with his replies and showed up to give me a quote exactly on time. The work was completed a week later on the scheduled day and time. His carpenters made a suggestion regarding panel and the project turn out great on budget I will definelty hire again.

Description of Work
I needed an access panel installed in my bedroom wall giving me access to plumbing.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, woodworking

01/17/2018

Donald C.

George was punctual as usual. Within 5 hours the job was totally finished. The quality of work was excellent and the work area was clean.

Description of Work
Due to a water leak, a small section of the ceiling in the master bathroom needed to be replaced and painted.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

09/10/2017

Tom T.

We were very impressed with every aspect of this contractor's work. They were on time and very thorough in completing their work. They cleaned up after their work and actually went above and beyond the work that I contracted for. They were awesome! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Cleaning debris out of gutters

09/06/2017

John L.

Wish I had found Granny's sooner. These guys do great work, no wonder it takes so long to get on their list. It is well worth the wait, they offer fair pricing and do quality work.

Description of Work
Interior door hardware install and paint

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

06/28/2017

Serena K.

What a difference. My shed went unused for almost a year while I tried to find someone to work on it. Granny's Helper was thorough from the start. They came out and measured the shed roof and went over all options with me. The roof was rebuilt the way it should have been initially. Great quality work and a great team. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I had my shed roof rebuilt and some repairs done to siding on house.

Category handyman service, roofing, siding, garage builders, woodworking

06/12/2017

Edward H.

The installation went as expected. The installers arrived on time, installed the fan quickly, tested it and showed me how to use the remote control. I was very pleased and asked what else the company does in case another unrelated job came up.

Description of Work
Replace a ceiling fam in a master bedroom, cathedral ceiling.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

05/24/2017

Donald C.

Job went well except there was a problem with water pressure when they were working, which wasn't there fault.

Description of Work
Pressure washed front and back porches and patio.

Category handyman service, pressure washing

03/21/2017

Paul G.

Went great. Granny's Helper did an excellent job on all my repair tasks.

Description of Work
Trim repair, caulking, light fixture replacement, and several other miscellaneous repairs.

03/09/2017

Ben W.

My experience was perfect. I usually loathe dealing with this kind of thing however, Mark made it painless and quite frankly a pleasant experience.

Description of Work
I had multiple services preformed. Drywall, wood, paint repair. Damages created by my precious little fur kid. Drywall, baseboard repair, patio stair repair and kitchen island spindle repair. I contacted them and received a call back right away. Although busy, they managed to come out and complete the services sooner than expected. Mark was my point man, he was responsive through text and phone calls. I sent pictures of the work I needed done and he made a visit to the property to discuss. They were very thorough and professional. The repairs were clean and previous damage was undetectable. I was also pleased with the cost. Mark and his staff were clean and conscientious. I have and will continue to recommend.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

01/12/2017

stella B.

Mark and George from Granny's Helpers are the absolute best, on time, every time, very professional, knowledgeable in all aspects of home maintenance and both of these gentlemen are great guys. If you are looking for perfection for your home maintenance projects, look no further. Our phone calls are returned promptly and our projects are scheduled in a very timely manner. We highly recommend Granny's Helpers to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Since April of 2016 we have attained the services of Granny's Helpers 6 or 8 times for numerous projects. General maintenance, carpentry, window repair, porch door replacement, we had ordered dining room furniture from Wayfair and the guys put everything together just the way it was meant to be.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, doors

10/25/2016

Richard T.

work was done quickly and cleanly ....honest and reasonable

Description of Work
Installed another leader, and perf pipe for additional drainage around foundation

Category contractors, gutter repair, handyman service, drain pipe

09/26/2016

Barry S.

They did an outstanding job. The craftsmanship was excellent. The pricing was very reasonable. Mark and George were a pleasure to work with. We will definitely have them at the top of our list for any work needed in the future.

Description of Work
Added handrails to two staircases.

06/15/2016

Sabrina K.

I have had Granny's helper out to my home on many occasions through out the past 18 months. They have done a variety of work for me which includes: Installing Electrical Outlets/Switches Installing Ceiling Fans Replacing / Installing Electrical Fixtures / Dimmer Switches / Lights Painting Drywall Work Gutter Clearning Stand Alone Vent Hood Installation Carpentry Curtain Rod Hanging Dryer Vent Cleaning (Other Work As Needed) I must say that this is the most professional handyman service that I have ever used. They are meticulous in every job that they do and they also clean up after themselves. I have enjoyed not only the great work that they have done, but also the explanations of what they are doing and why. They are very trustworthy and are willing to discuss and tackle any project that you throw at them. They are very reasonable in their pricing and are willing to work around schedules to make sure that the job gets done (and gets done right). They are easy to get a hold of and respond quickly to requests. In addition, they provide an excellent level of customer service that is getting "rarer" in this service-based industry. I can honestly say that if I had the money, they would be at my home to tackle all of the projects that I have that need to be completed. Choose them - you won't go wrong and you definitely will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Replaced Siding, soffit and facia boards, replaced exterior Window Trim

01/10/2016

Jane S.

Excellently. Mark is very punctual and a good guy as is his main man who knows his stuff. The pictures were hung expertly and in a timely manner. The fee for service was reasonable. I plan to hire them again.

Description of Work
Hang large pictures and wall hangings. Unbox fragile artwork etc.

12/01/2015

Lisa S.

Dependable, excellent work, pleasant and honest.

Description of Work
Handy man.

11/28/2015

Leslie S.

George did most of the work with Mark standing by to learn and run errands [i.e., more paint, plumbing parts, etc.] George is very meticulous and takes a lot of pride in his work. He takes a bit longer to get it just right and won't leave until both HE and YOU are satisfied. We have been using Granny's for many years for various jobs and keep going back to them because we know we'll be charged a reasonable fee and get good work done.

Description of Work
Removed non-working disposal and installed new one. Had to create new plumbing path to do so. Installed newPatched, sanded & painted drywall holes leftover after electrician did some work. Also fixed cracks and room painting from another vendor that were not done well. Removed popcorn ceiling and repainted it. Found places that needed work I had not seen.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, moving companies, plumbing, interior painters

11/05/2015

Kathleen K.

Did a great job - arrived on time, took care of the task and cleaned up the leaves pulled from the gutters. Polite and professional in how they conducted everything. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the gutters of a two story house.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

11/01/2015

Karen S.

I contacted Granny's Helper in June to see about getting several things done, and selected them because they were a company that said they could complete all tasks for us. They said they could not get us in for "at least a week". After a month I contacted them again and was told they had taken on too much work and wouldn't be able to get to us. One of the things we needed to have done was cleaning and sealing our handicapped ramp. It is new, and we were told to get it done in the early spring. We were already late getting someone, but thought it would be ok to wait another week for a reputable company that said it could take care of four different repairs. Over the next month the wood on the handicapped ramp cupped. We ended up hiring another company. (I am not supposed to say in a review, but feel free to contact me -- I recommend them highly. They are also on Angie's List.) I consider it completely unprofessional to have told us they could do the work for us in about a week, and then apparently taking on other jobs so that they no longer had time for ours. I give them a big thumbs down.

Description of Work
They didn't do work they had agreed to do, after keeping us waiting several weeks

Red Letter Roofing, Inc.

Shamrock Waterproofing

Serving the Triangle area since 1992 Licensed and Insured. Residential and Commercial. Lowest Price Guaranteed. Interior and Exterior Systems. Lifetime Warranty FREE ESTIMATES

Apex Lock and Key Locksmith

Super Service Award Winner for 7 straight years! Apex Lock and Key Locksmith is full service locksmith based in Apex, NC. We offer mobile locksmith service for Apex, Cary, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, and Raleigh, NC. We are happy to provide our community with services such as Free Emergency Infant Lockout Service, and discounts for Fire/EMS, Military, Police, Teachers, Students, Nurses and Seniors. We are dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. Please give us a call if we can help out with any of your locksmith needs! Give us a call at 919-387-3884 for a free and friendly over the phone estimate.

L24843 & 76819
    North Carolina
    NC Board Examiners of Electrical Contracting & NC Licensing Board for General Contractors
    12/31/2020
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Drywall repair. Wood repair. Popcorn ceiling removal. Leaky pipes. Sewer vent flange. Landscaping services. Decks. Shed & arbors. Handyman services electrical work such as hanging ceiling fans, home renovations, additions, & new construction.