Gotcha Covered Blind & Decorating Center

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2011

Raleigh, NC 27604

Gotcha Covered Blind & Decorating Center offers sales and installation of custom-made blinds, shades, plantation shutters, and draperies. We only work with the best national brands, so you can be assured of top quality and stellar warranties. Our hallmarks are customer education, an outstanding product selection, and top-notch customer service at every step of the process. We offer a complimentary in-home consultation and service most areas of Wake County. We will visit customers outside of Wake County on referral from another client. Pricing is generally provided at the time of the appointment unless very custom or specialty shapes are required. Of course, we guarantee our professional installation. If you're not sure what you want, you can visit our full-service showroom at 3658 Capital Boulevard in Raleigh in the Holly Tree Shopping Center in Raleigh before scheduling your complimentary in-home consultation. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will assist and guide you in selecting the perfect window covering for your home and budget....

08/15/2017

Guy C.

Excellent, from sales representative through installer. A minor error in one window was promptly remedied .

Description of Work
Blinds and shades for a new house.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your kind review. It's always a pleasure working with great clients like you!

05/03/2017

Jason R.

I worked with Julie as my design consultant, from Gotcha Covered Blinds and she was GREAT!!!!. She came up with some ideas, we went back and forth on my likes and such... Using her suggestions, we came up with the PERFECT layout. The PowerView options worked out better than I have expected, actually, after a bit of tweaking on the times the blinds have exceeded my expectations, I am so happy with the look, and operation. The fabric and color are great.

Description of Work
Window treatments for my entire new home. Purchased a new home, and needed lots of design ideas to bring together the entire house.

07/29/2016

Delyn M.

Very good experience with Gotcha Covered and my plantation shutters. I was happy with Ted Browne when he came out and gave me an estimate and some information. I talked to Jeanne on the phone, and she was very friendly. The ordering and installation took about 6 - 8 weeks. Joe was our installer, and was neat, fast, and polite. We now have gorgeous custom plantation shutters. We are happy with the price, installation, and quality of the shutters. I would order from them again.

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters in my guest bedroom

01/12/2016

Janice L.

Ted Brown came to my home to measure for the blinds and gave me appropriate suggestions for the location. He was very professional. Once the blinds were received by Gotcha Covered, they contacted me to set up date for install. Because my bathroom remodel was running behind schedule, they held my blinds until I was ready for the install. The office staff,Connie, was great to work with. The day of the install, I encounter a scheduling problem with another appointment, the office staff was able to contact the installer and have him arrive at my home earlier than the appointment . He installed the blinds, and explained how they worked quickly so that I could get to my next appointment. I will use them the next time I need window coverings.

Description of Work
Measure, order and install Hunter Douglass blinds for bathroom

01/04/2016

Marjorie V.

I met with Ted from Gotcha Covered who is the owner of this family run business. He and everyone there were warm and friendly. I chose Hunter Douglas products since I?ve been happy with their blinds and shades in my previous home. Ted updated me on what?s new and what would work for my home. He came out to measure, answered my questions, gave me an estimate and wrote up the order. The blinds & shades were professionally installed and they look beautiful. I had issues with some of the shades staying down and a couple of the blinds and he cheerfully replaced them (one of the shades just needed a minor adjustment). He stands behind his product and I would happily use Gotcha Covered again. Ted made my experience so easy!!! Thank you Ted for serving the Triangle area, you and your business are an asset to this community. Margie & Chris

Description of Work
Installed Hunter Douglas blinds and shades for 18 windows and 3 doors in our home.

02/27/2014

Sally W.

A nice experience. Ted Browne helped me with the selection, and he was professional and patient. The blind covers a skylight in a bedroom and was added to darken the room. The binds works as it should. I was told by another company that they couldn't do it because the window wasn't a "true" rectangle. Gotcha Covered did it and it looks perfect (because the installer added a little putty along one side to cover the window's imperfection). I am happy with the results and I've been told I am hard to please. By the way, Ben, the installer is a treasure. He was very careful and able.

12/21/2013

Gail W.

Ted Browne, the owner, brought samples and assisted us in selecting our shade and color; he measured. The shades were ready earlier than he had estimated and a delightful technician, Ben, installed the shades. He was professional, personable and skilled. He took time to make sure we knew the proper way to operate the shades. We had Gotcha Covered/Ted order and install all of the shutters in our home when we moved in two years ago. We highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Ordered, measured, delivered and installed Roman shades in our family room.

10/03/2013

Karen F.

Ted Browne, the owner of Gotcha Covered in Raleigh, came out for our free in-home consultation. This was done in June 2012, right after we moved into our new home. All of our windows needed treatments. Ted was very knowledgeable about all the different products and asked questions to find out what was most important to us. This was so that he could recommend which products would meet our needs. He recommended custom wood blinds with the larger slats, 2 5/8 by Hunter Douglas. These were for the master bedroom, master walk-in closet, upstairs bedroom, and laundry room. They arrived within 2 weeks, and Ted himself installed them. The installation was perfectly done and everything was clean after he finished. We were totally pleased with how everything looked. When it came time to order the plantation shutters for the rest of the house, we knew Ted and Gotcha Covered would be the place to go. He came out and provided the free in-home estimate recommending the wood shutters by Norman. He carefully took all the measurements needed for the shutters to fit our windows properly. We ordered the Normandy custom wood shutters and also the Woodlore wood composite which we installed in the garage and master bathroom. Upon Ted's recommendation we decided on the custom roller shades by Hunter Douglas for the front door and the back French door. Ted told us that it would take 6-8 weeks for them to arrive. They were here in 6 weeks. The installation was completed by Ted's installer Ron and his team. There were 3 of them to install all of the shutters and shades. They came in and diligently got to work and everything was completed in one day. The installation was professionally done and everything looks like it was custom built with the house. We could not be more pleased. Everything was cleaned up after the installation. No mess was left behind. We had also obtained an estimate from another company just to compare pricing, and as it turned out Ted's pricing was better and for far better quality products. We highly recommend Ted Browne and Gotcha Covered of Raleigh. He is a true professional and perfectionist in his work. He wants to make sure that the client is totally pleased with all work. Recommends only the highest quality products, like he says if he would not put it in his home, he does not sell it. Whenever we need any other type of window treatment or decorating we will only call Ted and Gotcha Covered of Raleigh. We will be a client for life!

Description of Work
Installed custom wood blinds by Hunter Douglas in master bedroom, master walk-in closet, upstairs bedroom, and laundry room. Installed custom wood shutters by Norman in great room, dining room, nursery, garage, foyer, master bathroom, playroom, guest bedroom, and office area. Installed custom roller shades by Hunter Douglas on front door with sidelites, and back French door.

12/25/2012

Ted did a great job presenting to us al the different types of blinds, providing plenty of sample colors and fabrics. The installation was performed on the day scheduled and the work went flawlessly. We are very happy with the blinds, besides them looking great they have also improved our sleep by keeping out the street light and early morning sun. I would recommend Gotcha Covered for all your window decorating needs. The service is impeccable.

Description of Work
Installation of pleated blinds for our entire upstairs floor.

12/16/2012

Richard R.

We called and decided to go their showroom to look at some of the Hunter Douglas products. Ted was there and was very knowledgeable and demonstrated how each product worked. We set up a time the next day for him to come and bring some color and fabric samples so they could be matched to our existing colors. After choosing our colors, one of their installers, Ron came and did a fabulous job installing the product.

Description of Work
Hunter Douglas Vignettes installed in our bedroom and Hunter Douglas Silhouettes installed in our family room.

Mojo Smart Home

Mojo Smart Homes was founded by experts in commercial automation, with the goal of bringing the latest in Smart Building Technology to your home.

James Taylor Construction Inc

James Taylor Construction Inc. was formed by James Taylor in 1989 originally as James Taylor Roofing. For 25 years we have successfully served the Triangle and surrounding areas performing different projects from home repairs to custom building and commercial roofing. Led by James Taylor, JTC has performed well over 5000 small and large renovation projects with over 5000 satisfied customers. At the end of 2013 James Taylor Construction expanded to include the Triad area which is being led by Bryan Sepich who currently resides in Winston Salem. In 2014 JTC added Kevin Beddingfield as a partner to offer services in window treatments products including interior shutters and blinds. Kevin comes to JTC with over 20 years experience in window treatment production and installation. Today our focus is on quick and reliable renovations for existing homes and businesses. Most projects we perform today are completed within a week. We were recognized as a super service provider for Angie’s List customers for four consecutive years with one of their highest ratings in the roofing, siding, window, and gutter categories. We are proud of this achievement and have continued plans to operate at the highest levels for service and workmanship. We have worked hard to develop and maintain what we believe to be a stellar reputation for great customer service, good work, and highly competitive pricing. We look forward to serving you now and in the future. Additional email - jtc@jtcroofs.com. Additional Contacts: Nat Taylor 919-395-8661 Award winning.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Complimentary in-home design consultation, professional measuring and installation Custom Blinds, Roller Shades, Roman Shades, Woven Woods, Plantation Shutters, Draperies, Bedding, Fabric Window Treatments, Motorized Blinds and Shades, Specialty Shapes including Arches, Angles, and other shapes, Blind Repair, Hunter Douglas authorized warranty repair

We will not install or repair ready-made blinds purchased from the home centers such as Lowes and Home Depot.