FitTech & Assembly

Warranty Companies - Non-Home
Retail Clinic
Weight management - Weight Loss Programs
Weight Mgt. - Dietitians/Nutritionists

FitTech & Assembly is a full service fitness equipment company serving the Mid-Atlantic region. Our experience, knowledge and dedication to excellent customer service guides us to always strive to provide better care and resources for you the client. FitTech & Assembly’s highly experienced certified repair professionals receive consistent ongoing training and have access to millions of service and repair documents for all fitness equipment brands. We service every major brand and have access to new and refurbished parts and products. Our wide-range of services are tailored to meet the unique needs for the individual or commercial gym and studio. Whether it is a Treadmill Repair, Elliptical Repair or your Multi Gym just needs some care FitTech & Assembly’s commitment to superior service is demonstrated with every customer, every call, everyday. Life Fitness.... LiveStrong.... Magnum.... Vision.... Nordic Track.... Smooth Fitness.... Matrix.... Freemotion..... Horizon.... Yowza Fitness and many more....

06/19/2017

Cynthia F.

My treadmill stopped working. I diagnosed the problem online with the manufacturer and ordered the appropriate parts. Fit Tech installed the parts and tuned up the treadmill. This firm was easy to deal with. Another firm on Angie's List did not respond to my online enquiry or return phone calls.

Description of Work
Repair treadmill.

05/16/2017

Suzanne M.

The bicycle guy that put my bike together was good. It was an excellent job. I thought they were overpriced for what they did, but that's just because I guess everything costs $100 now. The bike works well.

Description of Work
He came out and put my exercise bike together.

10/28/2016

martin C.

Terrible - not willing to understand just trying to set service call

Description of Work
I called for service on my equipment the person at the office wanted serial numbers asking me to climb around the equipment. I mean I just wanted service told him to forget it I would call someone else. Too much burden to set a simple service call.

02/16/2015

Patricia H.

Technician was fantastic! Very courteous and professional. He had to unbox the treadmill and cart it into the house from the garage and assemble, which he did quite willingly and quickly. Very pleased with the whole transaction and considering what was involved, believe that $160.00 was quite reasonable. Would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Assemble a Horizon T101 Treadmill.

09/26/2014

Lorraine L.

Service was absolutely fantastic. When I called, the technician on the phone walked me through how to get additional information for the repair by running my hand under the band so that I could forgo the $100 evaluation visit, since it was already obvious the band needed to be replaced. He even called Precor for additional validation. He walked me through the process and send me both the invoice for the parts as well as an estimate for the whole job so that I would clear on the cost upfront. Payment was done online and was very easy. On the day of the repair, the technician called to adjust his arrival time, so we wouldn't wait around. He was courteous and very professional and answered all of my questions. We had an older version band that produces a lot of black dust (which stains the carpet) and he took the time to clean out the treadmill and even adjusted the matt underneath. He got some stains on the carpet of our new home and came back the next day with a carpet cleaner to remove it and told us the proper solvent to use in the future to get the stains out from the treadmill. The carpet was left impeccable, something we have never been able to do before in our previous home. Overall this was an excellent experience with unbelievable customer service. I would absolutely use them again!

Description of Work
The walking band on my Precor treadmill tore after 10 years of use and needed to be replaced. Provider ordered the parts and made the repair.

09/04/2014

Andrew K.

Bruce, the technician who came to our house, was friendly and knowledgeable. He found the problem, told me which part to order, and came back later in the month to install it. He also showed me how to lubricate the tread and rollers and cleaned the machine's interior. Bruce also tuned up my stationary bicycle, checking the interior, vacuuming it out, and tightening various bolts. The B for communication is because there was some confusion over ordering the replacement walking deck. The order somehow got dropped by Fit Tech's office, which introduced some extra delay in getting it installed; Scott at Fit Tech was very apologetic about it.

Description of Work
A problem with my treadmill (it turned out to be a cracked walking deck) and an annual tune-up for my stationary bicycle.

06/18/2014

Bruce H.

I made an appointment with the installer, they came out and did not have the equipment they needed to install the backboard. They told me Scott had told them that I had an adjustable goal. They also told me this is not the first time he had done this, and they would honor the quote,, but we had to reschedule. I rescheduled the install to take place 3 days later. Scott called me 2 days before the rescheduled appointment, and told me I had given him the wrong information, thus he had given me an incorrect bid. I told him i gave him the correct information, because i verified it with Produnk, the manufacturer, before I spoke with him. He started to argue with me and in essence call me a liar. I told him just to give the increased price on the install, and he told no, I could find somebody else to install the backboard. I told him then internet was a very powerful tool to root out poor businessmen, such as him, and hung up. I ended up doing the install myself, using a ladder, a couple wrenches, and a couple friends. Total cost 0.00. I believe he chose not to do business with me because he did not want me talking to his installers, who told me he has made this mistake before, and had lost money on those install. In closing i see that Scott has 5 A ratings on Angie's List, this is the exact number of 5 star ratings he has at Podunk. Looks like another scam artist conning the system.

Description of Work
Scott gave me a quote to mount the my backboard and rim. I had already poured the footer and mounted the post. I gave him the exact information on the goal i purchased and he gave me a quote, and told me he would have his installer call me. He ended up reneging on the deal.

Category basketball goals

Dear Members, I think the truth of how the Angieslist system works speaks for its self. If our services where a scam. If we continuously made these mistakes and performed business in the manner that this individual speaks of then I believe we all know that FitTech and Assembly would not carry the ratings across the internet that we do. Unfortunately this member did not provide us with the truth as he does here as well. He resorted to aggression and name calling when dealing with me and our crew as he has done here. We have the ratings that we do because we know exactly how important you the customer are and truth is we expect the same out of anyone who comes to our homes as well. We thank you for your time in reading our reply. Have an awesome day. Give us a call if we can help you be successful in any way.

04/18/2014

Alan and Rebecca W.

The price I was quoted before the job was the same as the one charged. No surprised. I was very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Needed a new belt put on my treadmill. The provider was friendly and took care of it.

03/30/2014

Bart M.

I first contacted this company in late February and inquired about having a treadmill reassembled as it was disassembled for a move from Texas to Maryland. The FitTech representative I spoke with asked if I was certain that I had all the parts and pieces for reassembly. When I told him that I was not 100% certain the movers had saved everything from the dis-assembly, he recommended that I order a hardware kit for $70.00. Otherwise, he could not guarantee that the repair technician would have all the necessary parts for my particular brand and model of treadmill. I agreed to purchase the kit and had to wait a few weeks for it to be shipped to the technician. I paid 69.66 for the kit, plus $13.00 for shipping. Once the technician received the hardware kit, he contacted me and made an appointment to come out to repair the treadmill on 3/21/2014. The technician arrived on time and I explained the situation with the treadmill. He got to work, but there were two instances where I had to assist the technician because the pieces of the treadmill were bulky or heavy and he could not move them or hold them in place, and connect the fasteners, by himself. The technician was very polite, professional, and apologetic for having to ask for assistance. Once the treadmill was back together, the technician plugged it in and attempted to run through the normal operation of the treadmill. Unfortunately, it appeared that some of the computerized components were damaged during the move and the technician did not have the capability to diagnose the specific circuit board that was causing the problem. After discussing the situation with the technician, he advised that further repair may exceed the the value of the treadmill and that purchasing a new one would be the more economically viable solution. I appreciated his candor and his professionalism in helping me to save money on what could have been a very costly repair that truly wasn't worth it. However, I will probably not use this service in the future for several reasons: 1. The wait time between first contact and the final appointment was almost four weeks. I understand that not every business will have parts for every machine, but having the customer wait weeks while parts are ordered and then paying for the parts and shipping only to have a non-functioning machine at the end of the service call is below my expectations. Additionally, when the technician left, there were no 'spare parts' left over from the hardware kit I paid for. Granted, I should have asked the technician if everything in the kit was used and if anything was left over, but it would have been nice for the technician to volunteer that information. 2. The technician needed my help to put the treadmill back together. I specifically told the FitTech representative and the technician that I needed a treadmill re-assembeled. I do not expect to have to assist a repair technician in the performance of his duties. Armed with the brand and model number of the treadmill, I expect a repair company to have enough knowledge regarding the level of effort needed to know how many technicians will be needed to repair/reassemble a machine without relying on a customer's help. 3. The technician did not have the proper equipment to diagnose the electrical/computerized components of the treadmill. I expect that a company that deals with these types of machines and specializes in the maintenance and repair of the machines to have all the necessary tools and diagnostic equipment available to complete a repair. 4. The labor cost was $120, for a total cost of $202.66, yet I am without a functioning treadmill. The technician was kind enough to inform me that they also offered a disposal service. For an additional $75 they would be able to remove and dispose of the non-functioning treadmill.

Description of Work
Reassembly and repair of a treadmill damaged during a move across country.

Category fitness equipment

Thank you for your honest report. We apologize for inconvenience and are dealing with the issue promptly.

03/27/2014

Kevin B.

Professional and knowledgable. If you have questions about what goal to buy for your application Don will do a great job of helping you get what you need. Overall very pleased with install - leveled the goal and backboard lined it up fantastically to maximize the shooting area in my driveway.

Description of Work
Installed 60" Goaliath basketball goal.

Category fitness equipment

Maintenance, Repair and Assembly of major residential and commercial fitness equipment.

We no longer install basketball systems.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, Discover, Financing Available