College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2008

6212 WESTGATE RD

Raleigh, NC 27617

COLLEGE HUNKS HAULING JUNK® AND COLLEGE HUNKS MOVING® is a national franchise providing dual services. Our hauling division cleans out your attic or garage and over packed closets/offices as well as provides in-home labor and donation pickups. Our moving division provides full service moving

05/25/2018

Joanne A.

This is the second time we have used College Hunks in the past two years. They were very helpful is helping us gauge what services we needed and estimating the cost. There were no surprises or additional fees at time of payment. Mondaris and Kevin L showed up exactly as scheduled and got right to work. They were thorough in protecting our stuff during the whole process. Very polite young men. Will use again in a few months.

Description of Work
Moving apartment.

12/22/2017

Hubert W.

The night before the haul-away I got four $50 bills from my credit union. That same night I re-counted them to be sure I had all four and I put them in a small jewelry box on my bedroom dresser. I forgot to move the bills before the crew came and made the mistake of not always being in the bedroom while they were hoisting out the mattress and box springs. Approx. one hour after they departed I decided to check the jewelry box and three of the $50 bills were missing. I live alone and the only people in my house between the time I arrived from the credit union and when I discovered the bills were missing were the two crew members and me. When I contacted the crew that evening, they denied knowing anything about the missing bills. I explained all this to a manager on the phone the next day and he said something like he'd talk with them and ask if they had seen what might have happened to the bills while they were in my house. He never called me back to let me know what they had said.

Description of Work
Haul away mattress and two box springs

09/25/2017

Karla H.

Two guys showed up. One was muscular and one had a slight build. They connected and w/d and moved it into place. They tried to get the sofa upstairs but were totally unable to do it. Too heavy. All that was accomplished was damage to the Sheetrock on the walls. Another mover told me it would be necessary to remove the mattress in order to get it upstairs. These guys were nice enough, but did not know what they were doing, I spent $100 having my wall repaired and repainted. A manager called and said he would reimburse me, but it has not happened. My call was not returned. So I paid them $215 and paid my painter $100. U cannot make it up.

Description of Work
This is my second review. I just moved from Texas. The mover left the washer and dryer in the middle of the laundry room. I also needed my bed moved from the wall and plugged in. I have a small sleeper sofa which I wanted upstairs. I told the woman who booked the appointment that the sofa was heavy.

08/31/2017

Karla H.

Not well. The two guys who showed up were not able to get the sofa up the stairs. All they accomplished was to damage my stairway wall and the edges of the sofa arms. They did hook up my dryer and move the washer and dryer into place, plus a couple of other minor items. Another mover came by today. He said it will be necessary to remove a bunch of screws from the bottom of the sofa and remove the mattress to make it ligh enough to get up the stairs.

Description of Work
I needed some items completed from a recent move. The primary one was moving asleeper sofa with a temperpedic mattress upstairs. It is very heavy and the stairwell is only an inch wider than the sofa. When I booked the appointment, I told the young lady that the sofa was super heavy.

08/20/2017

Michael T.

I liked them, they were pretty good.

Description of Work
They provided moving services.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. Your move was in June, 2014 and you are reviewing us in 2017. Our goal is to always achieve an A Rating. Please let us know what we can do to improve our service to achieve this rating with you. Our Mission is to deliver "WOW and AMAZE" service every client, every day through our great team of HUNKS (Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service.

08/15/2017

Mitzie I.

Fabulous!! Brent and Matt arrived on time, unloaded daughter's storage unit and carried to her 3rd floor apartment. Very friendly and helpful!! Will definitely be calling them in December to move her out. Done in 2 hrs!

Description of Work
Moving daughter back to college apartment.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. Brent and Matt are great examples of our team of twenty-six HUNKS (Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service). We call it "WOW and AMAZE" service. We look forward to help you again in December.

05/30/2017

Douglas H.

Brilliant! I would (and will) hire these guys again. They moved everything quickly and with no damage whatsoever. In addition, I have 6 large and heavy ceramic charcoal outdoor cookers that they moved with no damage. I was very impressed and can't say enough about these guys.

Description of Work
Moving our house locally.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your confidence in allowing us to move your household belongings. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the beautiful ceramic charcoal grills. You have an amazing collection. We appreciate the challenge to move large beautiful items similar to your ceramic grills. Our goal is to Delight each and every client. We appreciate your business and your nice comments. Please let us know how we can help you in the future. Best regards, Steve Roper Owner/President College Hunks Moving College Hunks Hauling Junk

03/12/2017

Joseph T.

Steve Roper was very responsive and provided a detailed quote that we thought was very fair. The moving team, Matt, Jason, and Tyler, was beyond excellent! They were very nice, polite, and careful. They were extremely efficient without being careless. This is the second time we have used this company and we would not even consider using a different company.

Description of Work
Moved complete household to three different locations

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. It was my pleasure getting to meet and know both of you on your second move with College Hunks. We take great pride in the young men that we have on our teams. H.U.N.K.S. signifies Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, Service+. I am told that your new home on the beach is beautiful. We hope that you have many years of joy as approach your retirement years. God bless your new home. Best to both of you, Steve Roper, Owner, College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving.

10/31/2016

Valerie B.

Move went very smoothly. Two men came (instead of three) and they were very professional, polite and worked hard through the entire process.

Description of Work
Local move

07/27/2016

james B.

Not sure, can't get a call back....

Description of Work
Parked in the middle of the road and would not move to assist a handicapped person. The person in charge was rude and as for from being a college student as my dog! The home office was no help either when I called in. The so called "mgr." was not interested in helping at all.

02/10/2016

Frances S.

I used a company called College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving. I used them in the middle of 2014 at the end of November. It cost around $300 roughly. The mover is very young and they dragged my mattress on the ground, so they are moving. They are very young and luckily I have a cover on my mattress so I can throw my cover away. I complained to them, they just reimburse my mattress cover. It took them 5 hours to complete the job. There were two of them that came to do the work.

Description of Work
They did moving service.

12/18/2015

Rani G.

They were awesome. Their prices were better than any other company and they were great. They did everything right. They did it gently and didn't break anything. They wrapped everything I wanted.

Description of Work
They provided moving services.

07/24/2015

Kathleen C.

This is basically 2 guys and a truck. They told me they will not charge me for wrap and tape but they did. They took their time and they complaining. They were here for 2 1/2 hours and I gave them each $30 for tips. The one guy complained that it was not a good tip. Then I ended up giving them another $5 each because I felt bad that they said that.

Description of Work
Moving

07/05/2015

Daniel G.

horrible!!!!!!!! Movers did not know what they were doing. Damaged hardwood floor, door, door frame, hole in the sheetrock wall when picking up and damaged door frame and wall at drop off location. Gym item had paint scrapings and smudges on multiple places because of the beating it took. Stay far away from this company unless you want a painfull experience.

Description of Work
moved gym equipment to new house

03/24/2015

Stuart S.

They were polite, punctual, efficient, and very careful with my belongings and my home. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
They moved several heavy pieces of furniture from one floor to another in my house and hauled away a huge, heavy MDF desktop and assorted other junk.

02/24/2015

Margaret M.

I was told they would give me a price before they began the work but in the commotion no price was discussed. After they loaded most of the job I asked how much this was going to cost and they said $900. I told them them that was (crazy) too much and that I didn't want to use them for the job. Then they said they would charge me $300 to unload the truck and would leave everything in my driveway. I felt completely scammed and taken advantage of. Would never use these guys again. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Description of Work
Removed an old wooden swing set that was already disassembled.

12/27/2014

Marilee S.

Well, except they did extra! Leaf litter (duff) was removed from a hillside prone to erosion. I asked them to remove fallen deadwood and sticks. They did more than I asked (who's complaining?) and the next heavy rain took away a lot of topsoil.

Description of Work
Removed junk.

Category hauling services, leaf removal, moving companies

11/26/2014

Warren J.

David and Mike did a wonderful job. We had them move furniture inside our house. They also moved a sofa and other furniture to a donation center and moved additional furniture to our daughter's apartment. They were cheerful and very professional and did everything we asked them to do quickly and efficiently. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moved furniture within our house. Moved furniture to a donation center and moved furniture to an apartment.

08/15/2014

michael A.

It couldn't have gone better. We couldn't have done it without them even though the move was a short distance. They were extremely polite and professional. They also brought all the necessary tools to reassemble the bedroom furniture. This was a pet peeve for us with some movers we have used in the past. They handled everything with great care. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They moved our daughter's belongings (furniture, clothing, etc) from one apartment to another within the same complex.

07/21/2014

Barbara G.

Team came on time and carefully wrapped all furniture, packed it in their truck and moved it into our new home. They were very careful of how they moved all the goods out of and into the two houses.

Description of Work
Moved all household furniture

07/01/2014

Robert H.

They were very good indeed. I cleaned out the garage and they hauled away various items. The price was good for my purposes. They showed up early and they were in and out fast.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $99 for Junk Hauling and Removal.

06/27/2014

William C.

It was fine and I had no problems at all. They were great. They were on time and took care of everything. They sent 2 guys out to do the job. They got the job done in about 90 minutes.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal for $99 for Junk Hauling and Removal. They hauled away debris left over from a tornado.

06/04/2014

Kathy S.

The fellows arrived early (but called first to ask if that was ok). I had more things than originally anticipated but they were willing to take additonal things since they had room on their truck. They took the things I had staged in the garage, as well as getting something (a large, old exercise machine) from under the house, and many more items that were in the attic that I could not carry down myself. They did the work very quickly and willingly. I will use them again in the future for some additional clean-out efforts as well as for moving large furniture in and out of the house while I have some remodeling/repairs accomplished.

Description of Work
Hauled away a number of large and small items.

06/03/2014

Jacqueline E.

The work was performed exceptionally well. I believe his name is Jess and the other two guys worked hard for 1.5 hours to pick up everything and load to the truck. He kept me informed all along the way on his progress. BUT, I should have read the fine print on the deal I purchased for $99.00. I expected that was all I was going to pay and was not really prepared for the huge difference at the end but I was very wrong. Jess made sure to inform me at the beginning that the deal only allowed for 1/8th of space and with what I had, I knew it would be a little over.... It would have been more cost effective for me to rent a dumpster from the city for $150 and dump all I can to fill it up than to pay this price. However, they were very pleasant and did a great job. Caution for others and myself, if you have construction being done, far better to rent a dumpster. College hunks is great for smaller jobs that will not cost you that much.

Description of Work
Picked up shingles and wood items from a recent minor remodeling.

05/29/2014

Timothy F.

There were two people here to do the work. They did scratch my floor so I had to get the manager to look at it and hire someone to fix the floor. I felt the manager did not handle the situation well. The guys did not seem like they had a lot of experience with out any supervision.

Description of Work
They hauled away some old furniture for me.

Category hauling services

[member name removed], we appreciate your feedback as we always utilize it to improve our services. Its too bad that it took a year to get your response. Looking back over the year, we have already upgraded our team by replacing our Lead Driver with one of our Driver's from our Moving Division. Jessie gives great service and is very responsive. Our customer's have responded by saying that he does an amazing job. Our focus is to "WOW and AMAZE" every customer. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.

D&S Moving Experience

D&S Moving Experience insures efficient reliable and convenient moving: for all of our clients. We have standards and believe in our customers coming first, making sure your belongings are safe and organized neatly for a sufficient move! Just a down to earth family-oriented company with southern hospitality, that love making new connections with others along the way! We also offer additional services such as: trash and junk hauling, unloading, and UBox pick up and delivery. We are proud partners with UHaul and PODS Moving. No job is to big or small‼️ You call & we HUAL!

Action Piano Services

Piano tuning, piano storage on a temp regulated area, piano moving (insured), Piano repairs, piano refinishing

Maid Perfect Housekeeping

Hello, we are Carlos and Perla, owner operators of Maid Perfect Housekeeping—serving the Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest and Triangle area. We know there’s nothing like coming home to a clean and tidy house or apartment. But let’s face it, many of you have busy schedules that don’t leave a whole lot of time for cleaning chores. And frankly, we know some of you would rather do other things with your free time. The challenge, of course, is finding reliable housekeeping help that will do the job the way you want it. Well, we have great news. When we decided to open Maid Perfect Housekeeping two years ago, we made a promise to both ourselves and our clients: "Your home cleaned just the way you like it, at a price no one else can beat." We are also members of the "cleaning for a reason" foundation for people fighting cancer. Ask us how we can help you! Cost is determined by job. Additional E-mail - maidperfecthousekeeping@gmail.com

Offers Coupon

$10
    Satisfaction

Full Service Moving - trucks, hauling, packing & unpacking

Hauling hazardous materials, chemicals & gasoline

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving

How is College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving overall rated?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving open?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving is open:

What payment options does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving provide

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer free estimates?

Yes, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers free project estimates.

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer a senior discount?

No, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer a senior discount.

Does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer emergency services?

Yes, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving?

No, College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer warranties.

What services does College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offer?

College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving offers the following services: Full Service Moving - trucks, hauling, packing & unpacking

Are there any services College Hunks Hauling Junk & College Hunks Moving does not offer?

Hauling hazardous materials, chemicals & gasoline