CLASSIC CHIMNEY SWEEPS

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2006

5801 DEBLYN AVE

Raleigh, NC 27612

Classic Chimney Sweeps is a full service Chimney Company. Diagnostics, inspections , repairs, insurance claims, real estate transaction inspections. Chimney safety Institute of America certified #4971, member of North Carolina chimney sweep association, Residsential and commercial, serving wake

01/08/2018

Kristina B.

Purchased an older home with a wood burning fireplace. David came out to check it all with a video camera. Got some great tips on how to take care of chimney that ended up not needing a cleaning. Great resource and will definitely call him in the future.

Description of Work
Chimney check/clean

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

11/01/2017

Kim L.

David was very thorough, professional, and reasonably priced. We hired him to inspect our chimney after another local company told us that we needed extensive repairs. After a comprehensive inspection, David assured us that there were no issues with our chimney. He wrote a very detailed report and provided it to us promptly. I highly recommend Classic Chimney Sweeps!!

Description of Work
Inspection and second opinion.

02/08/2016

Floyd W.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

12/03/2015

Joanna H.

David arrived on time and went right to work. He was very efficient in cleaning not only the chimney but didn't leave a trace behind after his work was completed. David has cleaned and inspected for us in the past and always seems to be very knowledgeable and forthright with his recommendations. We will continue to use his services!

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/10/2014

Mark D.

David arrived right on time, asked a few questions and went right to work. The chimney had not been cleaned in over a decade, so there was much to be cleaned resulting in eight gallons of waste. (Apparently, that's a lot.) Once the work was completed to my satisfaction, he cleaned up and you couldn't tell anyone had been here. During his time here, I had a chance to ask a few questions and found David to be very knowledgeable about all things related to chimneys and gas logs. Needless to say, he's going to be my go-to guy after I have gas logs installed next week. I would highly recommend Classic Chimney Sweeps.

Description of Work
They cleaned my chimney and put a new damper in my downstairs fireplace.

09/03/2013

Harold F.

He was able to complete the job. He was personable and helpful.

Description of Work
David went out and sealed the top of my chimney to keep birds out.

Category chimney caps

03/25/2013

Maybelle R.

As I said above our visit went well and my suggestion is not to wait on getting chimney's cleaned, we had dried pine needles in our dryer chimney and I am sure if they caught on fire the whole house would have gone up in flames. From here on in I will call them at least every other year.

Description of Work
I called to have my dryer chimney cleaned and found out that they could also do my gas fireplace chimney so I asked that they do both. The gentleman who came was on time and took his time to do everything right. He also solved the problem of why my fireplace would not light if we did not run it everyday. He explained the problem to me and offered to get the part and come back and fix it. The cost to fix it would be $125. and well worth it since that means I do not have to call the gas company ever fall when we did not use the fireplace in the summer. He also showed me all the stuff in the dryer chimney and I am glad we had it done when we did because if we did not we would have had a fire.

02/08/2013

Lil E.

They took care of the chimney and took out all the soot using a vacuum machine.

Description of Work
I have used Classic Chimney Sweeps for chimney sweep.

12/27/2012

Heidi N.

I called them because of the sudden appearance of what appeared to be a lot of soot on our roof near the chimney. Since I had recently used the gas logs for the first time this year, I was afraid that there was a problem with our logs or the chimney. David Lamm responded and came quickly and went on the roof to see the problem first hand. After examining the stains on the roof , the chimney, and chimney cap, he concluded that the stains had not come from the gas logs or chimney. However, he waited on the roof while I started the gas logs and ran them for a while just to verify. . No soot came out. He then went to the fire place and examined the logs some of which were deteriorating badly and showed me how to better arrange them to prevent further deterioration. He then examined the whole system and found it to be in good working order. Finally cleaned up and refurbished the "ashes" at the bottom of the fireplace. I found him to be competent, thorough, and quite willing to answer all of my questions. I found his fee quite reasonable for the service provided and will definitely contact him again for chimney/gas log issues.

Description of Work
Examined roof stain, chimney and gas logs to determine whether roof stain had come from gas logs or dirty chimney. Inspected gas log set up Rearranged logs for better fire and better protection of logs themselves. Cleaned up and refurbished the "ashes" under the logs

Category chimney sweep, gas logs

10/09/2012

Deborah M.

He did a really good job. He explained everything as well.

Description of Work
He cleaned my dryer vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

10/18/2008

Joseph L.

Although Mr. Lamm was running late, he did a thorough sweep and inspection of my chimney and fireplace. He was very friendly and courteous. He showed me some minor maintenance issues that needed to be addressed and even explained how to correct them myself. He did not try to upsell his services, but he did leave his card should I decide to have him do the work. I appreciated his honesty, his demeanor, and the completeness of his work. He obviously enjoys working with customers. Before Mr. Lamm left, he gave me tips on how to operate my wood stove the most efficiently and recommended several suppliers of firewood. I will call him the next time I need to have work performed and would recommend him to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Mr. Lamm performed a routine chimney sweep and NFPA Level 1 inspection.

08/14/2007

Joan B.

Although he did suggest some repairs and maintenance we might want to have done, it was in the vein of informing us of options rather than trying to sell us more services.

Description of Work
Mr. Lamm performed a thorough inspection of the chimney with a scanning device and showed us problems that he found. He was very thorough (about 2.5 hours), very informative, and very reasonably priced. He cleaned the chimney thoroughly and gave us some useful information about repairs and maintenance we might want to have done.

06/20/2006

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OUT ON A MONDAY, BUT THEY LOST MY ADDRESS AND NUMBER. I HAD TO CALL THEM BACK. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE JOB THEY DID. I WOULD USE THEM AGAIN AND RECOMMEND THEM. THE JOB WAS DONE WELL AND THE PRICE WAS REASONABLE.

Description of Work
THEY CLEANED ALL THE GUTTERS ON THE HOUSE.

Category gutter cleaning

06/13/2006

THE WORK THEY DID WAS GREAT. THEY DID A TERRIFIC JOB. THEY JUST CAME AND DID WHAT WE ASKED THEM TO DO. THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND WE LIKED THEM A LOT.

Description of Work
THEY PERFORMED A CHIMNEY SWEEP FOR ME.

Sunbird Window Cleaning

Four Seasons Home Exteriors

In the Fall of 2010, I challenged my 10 year old son, to figure out a way to make money so we could pay for a ski trip to Colorado. He suggested cleaning gutters. So I started a gutter cleaning business as a way to make extra money in particular to finance this ski trip. What started out as a side business quickly became something with strong potential as folks asked us if we could make repairs, add guards or install new gutters. Not only was there demand, I found that I really enjoyed the work, especially working with home owners, climbing ladders and walking roofs and coming home filthy but very satisfied. Now in 2013 we're cleaning almost 1000 gutters per year along with completing hundreds of repair services, mostly siding, trim and roof repairs. We'd love to work with you, too.

LCH masonry

Providing quality care to your home or business. LCH Masonry specializes in brickwork, stone, pavers, concrete (walkways, patios, driveways, etc), block work, stucco, pressure washing and more. Want that retaining wall built? Give us a call! Looking for a stone walkway or fireplace? Give us a call! We can handle any job from one brick to a million!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available
    $10

CHIMNEY REPAIR, CHIMNEY CAPS, CHIMNEY SWEEP,NFPA inspections wood stoves, fireplaces, gas logs, dryer vent cleaning, water proofing, full service company

GUTTER CLEANING