Amy Bonis Mortgage Team

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2013

900 Ridgefield Drive

Raleigh, NC 27609

Amy is a very passionate woman who takes the business of mortgage banking and helping people realize their dream of financial independence, very seriously. She started in mortgage banking in Los Angeles in the early 1990's and her business has bloomed. She is now one of the top loan officers in the country....

03/18/2021

Laurie C.

We have used the Amy Bonis Mortgage Team to first buy and then later to refinance our house. They are phenomenal. Amy walked us through the process, educating us and answering questions along the way. She helped us secure the best deal to benefit our family financially. She takes pride in knowing that her work will have a big impact on her client's finances and quality of life.

Description of Work
Mortgage Refinance

11/20/2020

Chris A.

I'm a repeat customer for the Amy Bonis Mortgage Team and for good reason. Their customer service and customer-focused attention to their client result in a great experience for anyone looking for a mortgage. My applications have always been handled in a very expedient manner that minimized the time required for me to get through the process. Much of what was required was available online, reducing tons of paperwork and unnecessary clutter. Additionally, during my latest refinance the rate dropped and I got a 1/4% rate decrease without doing anything. I would have never known and wouldn't have questioned the already great rate I was set to close on. If you're making an investment you'll be paying into for decades trust someone with a reputable experience and enough market presence to make every step of your financing the best I can be. Amy Bonis and her team come with my highest recommendations. Sincerely, Chris Altman

Description of Work
Mortgage Refinance

01/11/2018

Stuart S.

Absolutely the best team I have ever worked with, they want your business. Diane and Amy do everything necessary to get your loan approved at a very fair rate, all you have to do is close your loan. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a mortgage Stuart

Description of Work
secured a first mortgage

11/12/2017

Chris S.

Amy and Diane were fantastic helping us purchase our mountain home. We needed to rush through the process and they did everything to make it happen on time. The communication was also fantastic. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Financing on home.

12/27/2016

Eleanor S.

5.0 star rating 12/27/2016 First to Review I was very fortunate to come across Amy Bonis' team in deciding on my mortgage broker. I knew absolutely NOTHING about buying a home; I didn't even understand mortgages. I was referred to her by a realtor whom I ultimately did not use. Amy Bonis herself sat me down and explained everything about buying a home, and she answered any and all questions I could possibly think of. Never once did I feel uneducated about the process, and I never ever felt pressure to buy quickly or make any sudden moves. Amy made it clear that this was a big decision that required a lot of thought. She is incredibly informative and professional. On top of that, by the time I was ready to make the big purchase, she linked me with her associate, Jennifer, who could not be more organized and quick-to-reply and so very helpful. I'm now in my townhome and I feel very confident that I made all the right decisions financially because of Amy's team. I'm still getting emails checking in and making sure I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. Thank you, Amy!

Description of Work
Needed loan for home.

11/03/2016

Michelle R.

I am a first time home buyer and was introduced to the Amy Bonis Team through my current listing agency Remax. I had some concerns and questions I wanted to go over with Amy one evening. The conversation was a total disaster. Not only did she talk over me and not let me finish a sentence, she was also aggressive and patronizing. At one point in the conversation, she stated she was doing me a favor by calling me at 10:00 pm on a Friday night to give advise about a property I was ready to put an offer on. She also mentioned if it wasn't for her the seller would have never accepted the offer. At this point in the conversation I became emotionally upset. Before ending the call, Amy said if I found myself on the edge of a cliff to give her a call to talk me out of it. She also had her personal maintenance man (not a licensed contractor) take a look at the property for an estimate that was needed. I did not think that is even legal. The approach and delivery of the conversation was inept and very unprofessional. I ended the contract with the Amy Bonis team and would not recommend her to anyone :(

Description of Work
Mortgage Loan Lender

Category mortgage broker

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I apologize that there were some misunderstandings between you and Amy. Our team's dedication to be available to our customers even outside of regular business hours is indeed abnormal and we will focus in the future on letting clients know that we are a resource that welcomes being contacted as well as reaching out to clients in times of need. We also would like to apologize for the second, unfortunate misunderstanding of the maintenance man. Under a time constraint and in a time of need, Amy offered you the option to contact her personal, family maintenance man. This is just another example of our team doing everything we can to help you. We are extremely sorry that this came across in the wrong light. We have attempted to contact you many times since your poor experience to see how we could reverse your wrong impression of our team and would still gladly like to hear from you on how we can do so. Please feel free to contact us directly. Thank you again for your review.

08/21/2016

Katie H.

I have been working with Amy Bonis for over 13 years for a reason! Amy and her team continue to provide the best mortgage lending service in the Triangle. I have bought, refinanced and closed at least 5-6 mortgages with Amy since 2003 and I will never go anywhere else. Amy values her clients and is determined to keep them and to keep them happy. Thanks Amy and Team!!

Description of Work
Rental Property Refinance.

07/31/2016

Brooke O.

My initial financial review was performed by Amy. Once a rapport was established her capable staff took over the process with input from her as needed. Amy’s staff responded to emails within 24 hours and were available by phone during normal business hours. I had a number of financial goals in mind with this transaction. The team was knowledgeable, and effortlessly customized my loan to meet these needs.

Description of Work
Amy Bonis Mortgage Team did more than provide a mortgage for my new home. They walked me through numerous financial scenarios over what became a two-year process. In the end, I felt confident I had the best mortgage solution for my lifestyle

10/27/2015

Gordon C.

I met Amy outside of work and she told me about her career as a mortgage lender. I kept her as a reference and one day I decided to start asking questions to mortgage companies. Since Amy was a friend, I called her business first and scheduled a time with her team. I got to do a one on one with her and had a direct contact with one of her staff. They showed me options on how I could afford to buy a home and what steps to start making it happen. I am very excited for the future and I look forward to getting the Amy Bonis team to work with me in my next steps to getting my first home!

Description of Work
As a renter with a college loan, I was worried it would take forever to purchase a home. I asked Amy and her team to help me figure out a plan to purchase a home.

05/18/2015

Marcus M.

Amy Bonis and her wonderful team don?t just get the job done; they get it done efficiently and in style, while keeping you up to date every step of the way. Our two simultaneous refinance transactions were not trivial, but were smoothly taken care of. Amy?s ability to keep everything on course and moving is impeccable. Look no further for your mortgage broker.

Description of Work
Two refinance transactions.

Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage

**$300 off closing costs for Angi members** **95% jumbo mortgages available **Veteran mortgages, very aggressive rates based on working on low margins, NO LENDER FEES** **Conventional & FHA mortgages, aggressive rates and fees based on lower margins** Mike Murgatroy has 23 years of lending experience and is an Angi Super Service Award recipient 2012-2020. Mike is also ranked in the top 1% mortgage originators in the United States. With integrity at the core of his values, you can rest assured that Mike Murgatroy will give you informed detailed mortgage advice, the same he would recommend to his own family. Utilizing the platform of Guaranteed Rate, The Home Purchase Experts℠, Mike is able to provide customized loan products to fit almost every need and is proud to be a contributing part of Guaranteed Rate’s 96% customer satisfaction rating. We pride ourselves on having a transparent process which we will walk you through every step of the way, and proud to have offered the world’s first Digital Mortgage! Start your application process today by visiting www.Rate.com/Murg and find out why so many others continue to bring their business to Mike Murgatroy. NMLS ID# 60099; Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID# 2611 http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org

Offers by Mike Murgatroy Guaranteed Rate Mortgage on Angi
    Dave Caldwell - Guaranteed Rate

LOCAL CHICAGO LENDER helping homeowner's PURCHASE AND REFINANCE for over 20 years. Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending - Jumbo, Conventional, FHA, & VA Loans. I've been honored to be ranked in the top 1% of mortgage originators nationally by Mortgage Executive Magazine since 2011. My team and I are available to answer any questions and keep you informed starting with the loan application through closing. You can also visit my web page to apply online anytime. NMLS ID 224318 / Guaranteed Rate NMLS ID 2611 / NMLS Comsumer Access URL http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/

Mortgage Companies
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Not sure what your mortgage needs are? That just happens to be our specialty! Email us at amy@amybonis.com or call our office at (919) 414-4430 to set up a free strategy session and we will help you determine the very best plan in putting your mortgage to work for you today.